Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A mate of mine suggested to his new wife that when their honeymoon in India ended he would like to stay on by himself for three weeks.

Lad has no bother fucking off for weekends and pints poor girl.
    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

I just don't get how people like Andrew Cuomo the New York mayor can find the time to abuse women. Like mayor of New York just seems like such a demanding job. I guess they delegate everything except the abuse?
      "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
        Dice's mate with no kids needs better legal people, no reason why he should be at anything less than 50:50 ...............
        Can't remember how to multi-quote so I'll use your post.
        50/50 does appear the obvious split on first read.

But looking for a part of the pension could possibly be explained if they were mainly putting their joint income into his pension (because it had less fees, or his company topped it up and hers didn't).

And even without kids I wonder whether it's always as simple as 50/50. Like if they'd used joint income to pay €15K for his Masters (they decided they could only afford one between them), is she entitled to compensation or even a percentage of the career benefits that that qualification will bring? What if their joint income paid for him to have regular new cars to impress in his job whilst she stuck with a runaround?

I don't know whether these sort of things would be legally relevant.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

Cuomo looked the real deal but I wouldn't want him parachuted in.
          Would much prefer to see him in 4 or 8 years time going through the normal process of primaries/caucuses and democrat party debates.
          If he's not the real deal, or doesn't appeal nationally, or has skeletons, then better they are exposed at that relatively early stage of the process.
          I absolutely nailed this 14 months ago when Eagle Eye wanted Biden thrown out and Cuomo parachuted in after the primaries.
          What a mess we'd be in now.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

How common is this? Maybe if there's child minding involved it warrants a discussion, but otherwise?
            I've only ever seen it when the couple have different life-styles. One has a group of friend's they like to see and has hobbies and the other has neither or isn't pushed about leaving the house. When both people want to get out of the house it's an easy trade off, you go out this week and I'll go next whether that's going for a few drinks, golfing, popping around to your friend's to just hang out, whatever. A shocking amount of people have reached adulthood with few/no hobbies and a tiny friend group that they rarely see.

Comment

Can't remember how to multi-quote so I'll use your post.
              50/50 does appear the obvious split on first read.

But looking for a part of the pension could possibly be explained if they were mainly putting their joint income into his pension (because it had less fees, or his company topped it up and hers didn't).

And even without kids I wonder whether it's always as simple as 50/50. Like if they'd used joint income to pay €15K for his Masters (they decided they could only afford one between them), is she entitled to compensation or even a percentage of the career benefits that that qualification will bring? What if their joint income paid for him to have regular new cars to impress in his job whilst she stuck with a runaround?

I don't know whether these sort of things would be legally relevant.
              There's some reasonable points there. The other side though is that legal fees will make a mockery of things like going 50:50 on €15k masters fees.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Sheen View Post

I've only ever seen it when the couple have different life-styles. One has a group of friend's they like to see and has hobbies and the other has neither or isn't pushed about leaving the house. When both people want to get out of the house it's an easy trade off, you go out this week and I'll go next whether that's going for a few drinks, golfing, popping around to your friend's to just hang out, whatever. A shocking amount of people have reached adulthood with few/no hobbies and a tiny friend group that they rarely see.
                Absolutely.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

There's some reasonable points there. The other side though is that legal fees will make a mockery of things like going 50:50 on €15k masters fees.
                  Fair point, but if the plan was that the masters would eventually put him into that 98% percentile that we spoke of last night, then is she entitled to a) nothing because they are no longer together b) the bare €7.5K refund or c) some percentage of that extra ~€500K that he's going to make in his career because of it? I haven't a clue how this would normally be accessed.

Whilst at first glance it looks like a grasping solicitor turning her head away from a completely fair 50/50 split of everything, it's at least possible that he's a good solicitor who's pointed out that she'd be absolutely screwing herself if she accepted such a terrible split. Gave her a few home truths V4V-style.
                  Their initial demand is probably still a 'gambit' but it might be to focus Dice's friend that 50/50 just isn't realistic.

Comment

Marriage should be a 7 year contract . Signing on for life seems harsh to all involved . What are we Swans ?

Comment

Radiohead dropped by to put its 2 cents into the conversation.

Comment

Fair point, but if the plan was that the masters would eventually put him into that 98% percentile that we spoke of last night, then is she entitled to a) nothing because they are no longer together b) the bare €7.5K refund or c) some percentage of that extra ~€500K that he's going to make in his career because of it? I haven't a clue how this would normally be accessed.
                        There's surely no logical reason why future earnings would belong to your partner unless they can show that their own earnings were impeded by the act of investing in the other partner. That would be very hard to show.

I could well believe the courts are trigger happy enough to think along those lines, but it seems illogical.

Maybe the husband could argue that the cost of paying the wedding, or the engagement ring, meant he couldn't do an MBA.

Comment

Havnt really got into the Olympics but just reading about the men's 400m hurdle. World record beaten twice in the race . How sick would you be, all the prep during the pandemic, you know you can run a WR time and you turn up on the day and do it. Only for the current world record holder to absolutely smash his old record.

Comment

I just don't get how people like Andrew Cuomo the New York mayor can find the time to abuse women. Like mayor of New York just seems like such a demanding job. I guess they delegate everything except the abuse?
                            He's not the mayor. The mayor is de Blasio.
                            Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Sheen View Post
                              Havnt really got into the Olympics but just reading about the men's 400m hurdle. World record beaten twice in the race . How sick would you be, all the prep during the pandemic, you know you can run a WR time and you turn up on the day and do it. Only for the current world record holder to absolutely smash his old record.
                              Stunning. Did you read Cathal Dennehy's piece on it?

I linked it above.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                This is a fantastic piece of writing..

https://m.independent.ie/sport/other...-40713796.html
                                I watched that race about 5 times yesterday, and will squeeze in another few viewings today, trying to get different channels' playbacks to enjoy new commentary. Seems fairly unanimous that it was one of the best, if not the ultimate, Olympic finals race ever.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post

I watched that race about 5 times yesterday, and will squeeze in another few viewings today, trying to get different channels' playbacks to enjoy new commentary. Seems fairly unanimous that it was one of the best, if not the ultimate, Olympic finals race ever.
                                  Recency bias.

Gebrselassie vs Tergat, Sydney 10000m
                                  Coe vs Ovett, Moscow 1500m
                                  Tokyo marathon 1964

All way more compelling and dramatic
                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                    Gambit seems to be the word of the day.

Comes from the Italian gambetto, which means 'tripping up'. Somehow ended up in chess terminology and from there to an opening position in legal negotiations.

More etymology please <3
                                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Saw a headline people would be talking about a particular race - probably that one - for 100 years. Which seemed slightly optimistic.

Comment

Saw a headline people would be talking about a particular race - probably that one - for 100 years. Which seemed slightly optimistic.
                                        It wasn't even that exciting a race. The fav blasted off in front and stayed there easily.

He doesn't seem to have any particularly interesting back story either (but then does any Norweigan).

Comment

It wasn't even that exciting a race. The fav blasted off in front and stayed there easily.

He doesn't seem to have any particularly interesting back story either (but then does any Norweigan).
                                          I thought getting his tits out at the end was a bit odd.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

I thought getting his tits out at the end was a bit odd.
                                            he didn't even mange to break his zipper which always looks ridic weak

Comment

[QUOTE=Raoul Duke III;n1699232]

He doesn't seem to have any particularly interesting back story either (but then does any Norweigan).[/QUOTE]

Ah here .

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                Then her mate told her to get a Solicitor and see what she could get. Next thing she wants to stay in the house, him to pay half the mortgage and monthly payments with 50% of his pension. Money talks.
                                                She's entitled to asks for whatever she wants. He's entitled to counter with whatever he wants. They sooner they decide what that what is legally irrelevant the better.

He can also walk away from the table. Without knowing the details, staying married but separated is also an option, and should really be his bottom line. It's in her interest to get divorce papers signed and much as his. She shouldn't benefit any more than he should.

Staying legally married probably means;
                                                50% of assets, 50% of future pensions (both ways). And half of his additional 30% earnings - which is only 9% after tax. Call it 10%. In no scenerio should he be losing more than that.

Finding a fair 50:50 is hard. As a stab, 50% of assets, 50% of current pension now (goes both ways) or 50% of current pensions future value. She loses any claim to post divorce earnings.
                                                If she wants to stay in the house, that's no problem. She can pay rent, which comes of the mortgage repayment, and the remainder (if any) is spit. House is split in future when should. Confirm survivorship rules on ownership papers.

Comment

It's the Olympics, not the X Factor He trains for 8 hours a day, that's back story enough for me. Not a dying granny in sight...

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                    She's entitled to asks for whatever she wants. He's entitled to counter with whatever he wants. They sooner they decide what that what is legally irrelevant the better.

He can also walk away from the table. Without knowing the details, staying married but separated is also an option, and should really be his bottom line. It's in her interest to get divorce papers signed and much as his. She shouldn't benefit any more than he should.

50% of assets, 50% of future pensions (both ways). And half of his additional 30% earnings - which is only 9% after tax. Call it 10%. In no scenerio should he be losing more than that.

Finding a fair 50:50 is hard. As a stab, 50% of assets, 50% of current pension now (goes both ways) or 50% of current pensions future value. She loses any claim to post divorce earnings.
                                                    If she wants to stay in the house, that's no problem. She can pay rent, which comes of the mortgage repayment, and the remainder (if any) is spit. House is split in future when should. Confirm survivorship rules on ownership papers.
                                                    Seems sad to be married to a piranha that goes for blood like this. I think id find it hard to hate an ex enough to want to bleed them for every cent like that. I know a guy being supported by his ex in Seattle. Has he no pride .

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak

Not to state the obvious, but she can ask for whatever she wants. What she gets will be different. That's just her opening gambit. However, the winner out of her move away from an amicable resolution will be the legal teams.
                                                      And most of these solicitors will actively encourage disputes as they know that divorce/separation is a situation where common financial sense will rarely prevail. A vvg solicitor of my acquaintance said that once they establish that their potential divorcing/separating clients have money they are ready to work it hard.

Comment

Recency bias sure, but you can't say it wasn't a phenomenal spectacle when a bronze medalist is 2 hundreths off the WR.

Comment

Why would a marriage with no kids result in the partner earning more having to split their extra earnings with the partner who earns less?

I fully get, and support, the idea that if someone stays at home to raise the kids then obviously they are entitled to their fair share and have earned it exactly as much as the working partner.

I can imagine a lot of special circumstances, such as those that AJ pointed out yesterday, where a legal system might determine a 50:50 split is fair, but I don't get how its a default perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

you can't say it wasn't a phenomenal spectacle when a bronze medalist is 2 hundreths off the WR.

we can!

Comment

we can!
                                                              and do!

Comment

Roald Almudsen the Viking’s and finally Aylar lie

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

Seems sad to be married to a piranha that goes for blood like this. I think id find it hard to hate an ex enough to want to bleed them for every cent like that. I know a guy being supported by his ex in Seattle. Has he no pride .
                                                                  Duck pride it does not pay the bills.

Comment

Showjumping final on now on RTE, always a decent watch. 3 Irish in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post

Duck pride it does not pay the bills.
                                                                      Yes it does . Go out and work ,is one example .

Comment

we can!
                                                                        If it were an Irish medal we would call it a spectacular race.

Sure we Were all fecking glued to sailing when Annalise was winning her medal. FECKIN SAILING?

Comment

If it were an Irish medal we would call it a spectacular race.

Sure we Were all fecking glued to sailing when Annalise was winning her medal. FECKIN SAILING?
                                                                          and singing along too:

we are sailing, stormy waters, to be neeearrrrr youuuuuuuu, to be freeeeeeeee

Comment

and singing along too:

I prefer Christopher Cross song.

Comment

I have just invented a new conspiracy. Covid is a scam created by Dublin Bus to finally get people to exit by the centre doors.

Comment

Pretty grim reading coming out of the inquest of the land dispute in Cork

The jury at the inquest of Kanturk victim Mark O’Sullivan today returned a verdict of unlawful killing, in what the coroner described as a "a terrible tragedy, almost beyond human comprehension".

Comment

Oooh, that's very grim indeed - wish I had avoided it. I've heard some stories from family members who are farmers and though nothing the like of that happened within the family, regardless things have been tense and aggressive at different times regarding the inheritance of land. Very hard for many of us to comprehend I'm sure. I'd like to think my brothers and I would never fall out badly over an inheritance but god only knows what it feels like if you're in the middle of it!

Comment

https://www.independent.ie/irish-new...-40718298.html
                                                                                    Fking hell. Makes THE FIELD look like a light hearted romp.

Comment

and singing along too:

You're both wrong.

Hope that helps.

Comment

A la Hitch I am also in a cinema screen entirely on my own. The market for Ivory Coast films isn't what it used to be.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post

More etymology please <3
                                                                                          Originally, the ampersand (&) was not a simple graphic representing "and". It was actually a 27th letter known as "and".
                                                                                          It's glyph was a merge of e+t, et being the latin word for and. As it was used by itself as a word, when reciting the alphabet people would say "...x, y, z, and per se and." Per se literally meaning by or in itself. Over time, "and per se and" was contracted to be "ampersand".

et →

Comment

Why would a marriage with no kids result in the partner earning more having to split their extra earnings with the partner who earns less?
                                                                                            When married there is a shared interest in the combined income. If that status quo where maintained post separation, then half the difference is the equal split. Half of both incomes is the same has one of the incomes +/- half the difference. That should form the bottomline, there's no way that an arrangement where somebody is handing over more should be entertained on that basis.
                                                                                            Last edited by Mellor; 04-08-21, 12:37.

Comment

https://www.independent.ie/irish-new...-40718298.html
                                                                                              I knew at the time it was grim, but it's worse than imagined. Fucking hell.
                                                                                              Spoiler for anybody who wants to avoid.

SPOILER
                                                                                              From the first paragraph, I assumed that one son was getting the lot and other lost the plot.

"Mrs O'Sullivan had wanted to split the Ossolas farm between her sons - but Diarmuid became increasingly agitated as he demanded the lion's share of the holding".

Fucking hell. Losing the plot because it was only. What a greedy selfish little cunt.
                                                                                              How the fuck do the two of them go along with that.

Comment

I knew at the time it was grim, but it's worse than imagined. Fucking hell.
                                                                                                Spoiler for anybody who wants to avoid.

SPOILER
                                                                                                From the first paragraph, I assumed that one son was getting the lot and other lost the plot.

"Mrs O'Sullivan had wanted to split the Ossolas farm between her sons - but Diarmuid became increasingly agitated as he demanded the lion's share of the holding".

Fucking hell. Losing the plot because it was only. What a greedy selfish little cunt.
                                                                                                How the fuck do the two of them go along with that.
                                                                                                Why Spoiler that. Bad pun on losing the plot ? Or the bad language ?

Comment

Why Spoiler that. Bad pun on losing the plot ? Or the bad language ?
                                                                                                  Pun was unintentional, and couldn’t give a flying fuck about bad language.

Its a grim story, and I was quoting the article. Some might want to avoid it entirely, just affording then the curtesy. I said that before the spoiler.

Comment

Originally, the ampersand (&) was not a simple graphic representing "and". It was actually a 27th letter known as "and".
                                                                                                    It's glyph was a merge of e+t, et being the latin word for and. As it was used by itself as a word, when reciting the alphabet people would say "...x, y, z, and per se and." Per se literally meaning by or in itself. Over time, "and per se and" was contracted to be "ampersand".

et →
                                                                                                    Stratford upon Avon ..16th Century

Julius Caesar -first draft

Brutus, you bollox.
                                                                                                    Brutus! fancy seeing you here..aargh
                                                                                                    What's the knife for Brutus?..aargh
                                                                                                    You also Brutus?

Shakespeare's old dear "ah heyor Willy, theres a lad heyor ta see ye, be the nayum of Mellorius, sayus he wants ta help with ewer stordee. Ine arthur making ewer favrit kayak too. Wud ye not come dowun luv"

Comment

Gimmick turns out to be gimmick
                                                                                                      ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                                                                                        Gimmick turns out to be gimmick
                                                                                                        Until the youngfella taking them out with stones problem was addressed this was never a runner.
                                                                                                        airport, lol

Comment

Being punished compared to who? She can't compete in a women's division, for the same reasons that you or I can't.
                                                                                                          What logically basis is here to let her compete in women's divisions as-is, against genetic females.
                                                                                                          Athletes have benefited from genetic differences always.
                                                                                                          Double jointed swimmers, bjorn borg's heart rate, sprinters twitch muscles, basketball players height...

I said years ago on this thread the ruling as more down to future proofing trans athletes
                                                                                                          but I don;t think someone should be restricted to compete by their own body chemistry.

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                                                            New builds are generally in piss-poor locations though. That's the #1 component of any house price, the location. A house that's 5 minutes walk of the Luas is always going to be smaller/in worse condition than a new build that's the same price but 25 minutes walk away.

Had a good night at the Chef's Table on Saturday night, the new main man stopped by a few times for a chat which was great. We were all stuffed by the end of the night, we must have been some of the last people in Chapter One at that stage and not sure if that played a part, but we ended up getting three different desserts (and after a 'pre-desert' sorbet), all lovely but I couldn't finish it all. I can't remember exactly all the dishes but had frozen gazpacho, scallops & caviar, lobster and a funky chicken dish (the only one that was a bit of a let down) in there. Got the wine pairing too so lots of chats with the sommelier as well.
                                                                                                            sounds wonderful but the thoughts of talking to sommeliers and chefs while eating and drinking their food fills me with a kind of dread.
                                                                                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Going for a pint <> going away for the weekend with the lads.

All situational imo - if you have a young baby at home and announce blithely you're heading out on the town, it probably won't go down well with a sleep-deprived wife! And rightly so.

Some men also like to use their wives as an excuse for not going out.
                                                                                                              I was pretty shocked how rare that mindset is tbh.
                                                                                                              I know plenty of lads who "friday night pints" and off skiing/magaluf for the weekeend with the crew are considered sacrosanct.
                                                                                                              Life changes, you gotta roll with it.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

sounds wonderful but the thoughts of talking to sommeliers and chefs while eating and drinking their food fills me with a kind of dread.
                                                                                                                Oh, so much, you're turning yourself into a performing monkey who can't just sit back and enjoy the food. You have to have thoughts on it. Your face has to clearly express interesting and positive thoughts. You can't let out a sneaky fart.

Comment

Oh, so much, you're turning yourself into a performing monkey who can't just sit back and enjoy the food. You have to have thoughts on it. Your face has to clearly express interesting and positive thoughts. You can't let out a sneaky fart.
                                                                                                                  Ah it’s not like that. It’s very relaxed and convivial.

My main memories of the interactions are RDIII and GAB giving the sommelier a hard time all night but secretly lusting after his job.

And then blagging a free cheese board by taking advantage of another poor fellas misfortune.
                                                                                                                  ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

but I don;t think someone should be restricted to compete by their own body chemistry.
                                                                                                                    Do you reckon people with auto brewery syndrome should be allowed to drive on public roads?

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

Do you reckon people with auto brewery syndrome should be allowed to drive on public roads?
                                                                                                                      I guess quanitify this as not a) compete and b) in a way that is not a danger to others.

Similiarily, I wouldn't condone Wolverine to be competing in the UFC.
                                                                                                                      But someone with an exceptional lung capacity shouldn't be barred from a swimming event.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post

Ah it’s not like that. It’s very relaxed and convivial.

My main memories of the interactions are RDIII and GAB giving the sommelier a hard time all night but secretly lusting after his job.

And then blagging a free cheese board by taking advantage of another poor fellas misfortune.
                                                                                                                        We saved his life! And we got free port as well.

The thing I remember most from that was the reaction of the wife of the unconscious guy (as relayed by Ed the sommelier) to being told that an ambulance was being called for her husband who GAB\I tried to revive when he drunkenly fell over backwards in the jacks. Not alarm or even concern but 'ah for fuck's sake, not again'.

TLDR: GAB and I are heroes.

Comment

Athletes have benefited from genetic differences always.
                                                                                                                          Double jointed swimmers, bjorn borg's heart rate, sprinters twitch muscles, basketball players height...

I said years ago on this thread the ruling as more down to future proofing trans athletes
                                                                                                                          The whole point of having a different category for women's sport is to allow them to compete on a level playing field
                                                                                                                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X