X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strewelpeter
    replied
    Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post

It is looking increasingly bad. I wouldn't be surprised if this Peter Daszak character gets Epsteined shortly.

Some of the things the first guy in the clip says are still a bit questionable, probably goes too far in terms of degrees of certainty. But it does look increasingly bad.
    Its being presented there as if it was there was definite evidence that it came from that particular lab, there isn't.

While the origin of the virus remains an interesting interesting question at the time it was a highly politicised question that was utterly irrelevant and threatened to derail the critical the job at hand.

Leave a comment:

• Lazare
    replied
    A great way to get your missus to agree to your next telly being a 65" one is to go on and on about how deadly the 85" one you saw in Harvey Norman was.

Leave a comment:

• Lazare
    replied
    Originally posted by dobby View Post

This actually happened in a restaurant in Killarney. 2 tables occupied. I said we dont have a booking but just wanted mains as we were in a slight rush. Lad says bookings only, told him we had covid passes and all, doesnt matter bookings only says he. Asked could I sit outside on 1 of the 4 empty tables. Nope, cos we haven't booked.

Madness Ted. It's like people lost all ability to make their own decisions during covid.
    Would it have been possible to go outside and call them to make a booking?

Leave a comment:

• shrapnel
    replied
    Originally posted by Micknail View Post
    I see the Cryptobros/NFTsquad that bought the Dune thing for 3 million (guide price 40k) got shafted.

Happy to have it plained to me why this was thought to be a goer at all.
    I acknowledge this is peanuts to those lads, and is probably all done to launder funds regardless.
    ​​​​​
    Nah, they're just fucking morons.

Leave a comment:

• AndyFatBastard
    replied
    Originally posted by Opr View Post
    Interesting conversation and summary of recent events around the lab leak 'theory'. It is scary to think how easy it is to create a conspiracy theory narrative and have people fall in line.

Starts at 1.11 if I haven't timestamped it right.

https://youtu.be/s9n9db373e8?t=4264
    It is looking increasingly bad. I wouldn't be surprised if this Peter Daszak character gets Epsteined shortly.

Some of the things the first guy in the clip says are still a bit questionable, probably goes too far in terms of degrees of certainty. But it does look increasingly bad.
    Last edited by AndyFatBastard; Today, 16:21.

Leave a comment:

• dobby
    replied
    Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

We will all have great lockdown stories that dont seem quite so funny yet but now .....like going into an empty pub for a meal asked did you book ? There is nobody here. Sorry you have to book , dodgy home haircuts etc etc . There will be books written about it.
    This actually happened in a restaurant in Killarney. 2 tables occupied. I said we dont have a booking but just wanted mains as we were in a slight rush. Lad says bookings only, told him we had covid passes and all, doesnt matter bookings only says he. Asked could I sit outside on 1 of the 4 empty tables. Nope, cos we haven't booked.

Madness Ted. It's like people lost all ability to make their own decisions during covid.

Leave a comment:

• Micknail
    replied
    I see the Cryptobros/NFTsquad that bought the Dune thing for 3 million (guide price 40k) got shafted.

Happy to have it explained to me why this was thought to be a goer at all.
    I acknowledge this is peanuts to those lads, and is probably all done to launder funds regardless.
    ​​​​​
    Last edited by Micknail; Today, 16:57.

Leave a comment:

• Opr
    replied
    Interesting conversation and summary of recent events around the lab leak 'theory'. It is scary to think how easy it is to create a conspiracy theory narrative and have people fall in line.

Starts at 1.11 if I haven't timestamped it right.

https://youtu.be/s9n9db373e8?t=4264

Leave a comment:

• Micknail
    replied
    Wasnt expecting Ozark to be a final season 2 parter. Feck,

Leave a comment:

• Solksjaer!
    replied
    Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
    Not surprising we are stereotyped as drunken feckless rogues. The pandemic come to an end and our media is dominated by pub and nightclub opening coverage.
    We will all have great lockdown stories that dont seem quite so funny yet but now .....like going into an empty pub for a meal asked did you book ? There is nobody here. Sorry you have to book , dodgy home haircuts etc etc . There will be books written about it.

Leave a comment:

• dinekes
    replied
    Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
    I did the exact same as you.

Leave a comment:

• dobby
    replied
    Originally posted by Emmet View Post
    Omicron great for countries with huge % of vaccinations - not nearly a good option for plenty of other countries unfortunately.
    If their populations would rather live with restrictions instead of getting vaccinated, theres no helping them.

Assume you're talking about well developed countries, not 3rd world, poor ones.

Leave a comment:

• Wombatman
    replied
    Not surprising we are stereotyped as drunken feckless rogues. The pandemic come to an end and our media is dominated by pub and nightclub opening coverage.

Leave a comment:

• Emmet
    replied
    Omicron great for countries with huge % of vaccinations - not nearly a good option for plenty of other countries unfortunately.

Leave a comment:

• Solksjaer!
    replied
    Us blokes love the little wins merely for the slagging Lao Lao . Tis gas all right . Whereas if it were wimmin they'd be . Oh no Shiela you must have been so upset at the undeserved red card. Whilst secretly shrieking in delight.

Another liverpool fan i know thinks Carragher is a traitor as he is buddies with Neville .

Whilst wimmin are the fairer sex i must say men makes me laugh more due to the big child in us lurking just under the skin.. i myself lost the rag verbally over boy bands discussion one night years ago . Cringey looking back but im sure i took the bait to the amusement of others that night lesson learned .

Leave a comment:

• dobby
    replied
    Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

We only got up to 2000 in hospital on the 18th of January last year. On the 4/1/21 they were still below where we are now.
    Thankfully this didn't age well. Omicron has been class.

Leave a comment:

• Lao Lao
    replied
    Have to admit im very hands off in the fantasy football. However my mate analyses it like a lunatic . He texted me during the week like someone with a hot tip. Make Dennis your captain so i did sent off. I texted him this morning big smiley . He was mega pissed of as he had him as a triple capt ya have to know him . Devestated . Funniest thing in ages . Perhaps now he'll stfu about FF .

In a somewhat similar situation. We've done FF for years now and my best mate has won it probably 8 out 10 times. He spends a redonk amount of time on it every week, insane amount of time, whereas I usually have missed at least 4 transfer deadlines by Christmas and then just give up.

However, this year, I'm paying a bit of attention, nothing major - I wouldn't spend any more than two hours a week on it - just real basic analysis and it's paying off. I'm top of the league and it is KILLING my mate. Last week, he captioned Ronaldo and I went with Bruno . This week he went with Dennis

I have so say, the pleasure I'm getting from winding him up>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>> than the pleasure I'm getting from being top of the table for so long.

Conversation from last night

Me (already knowing the answer) : What happens if your captain gets sent off in a double game week?

Him : Minus 1 point and misses next game

Me : How much of a cunt does it make me if I'm sitting here drinking wine, chuckling away to myself at this

Him : I can't see how you can be any more of a cunt than your usual default cunt status. Cunt.

Leave a comment:

• Solksjaer!
    replied
    Have to admit im very hands off in the fantasy football. However my mate analyses it like a lunatic . He texted me during the week like someone with a hot tip. Make Dennis your captain so i did sent off. I texted him this morning big smiley . He was mega pissed of as he had him as a triple capt ya have to know him . Devestated . Funniest thing in ages . Perhaps now he'll stfu about FF .

Leave a comment:

• Lazare
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Lazare
    replied
    I'm guessing I won the coinflip that you lost.

Leave a comment:

• shrapnel
    replied
    Its astonishing for a country like ours that Johnny Foxes is the answer to that question.
    was up there for lunch when in Dublin in november. I was very sad to see that the par 3 golf course opposite was no longer there, as it was such a lovely spot on a nice day.

Leave a comment:

• Gimmeabreak
    replied
    the arlington hotel do lots of that type of paddywhackery as well I think

Leave a comment:

• Solksjaer!
    replied
    Its astonishing for a country like ours that Johnny Foxes is the answer to that question.

Leave a comment:

• DeadParrot
    replied
    Originally posted by Lazare View Post

Would love that, sounds wonderful. Alas, a couple more years away for me unfort.
    Same here for slightly different reasons.
    Starting to look closer at fair deal situation.
    It's a pricey business

Leave a comment:

• shrapnel
    replied

A lot of the same touristy crowd that go to Johnnie Fox's go to The Merry Ploughboy https://www.mpbpub.com/index.html The menu doesn't look as good, and I doubt they'll be back to normal service that soon.
    to be fair, the food during the hooley nights in johnny fox is absolute garbage. Shameful really. as their a la carte is OK

Leave a comment:

• ComradeCollie
    replied
    Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

I managed to mistakenly book this for when I am abroad (two weekends time), for when my father in law is here (next weekend) when booking this, and they aren't running anything on Jan 29th. Anyone any idea of something proper Irish, a bit of an event, that I could book in its place?
    A lot of the same touristy crowd that go to Johnnie Fox's go to The Merry Ploughboy https://www.mpbpub.com/index.html The menu doesn't look as good, and I doubt they'll be back to normal service that soon.

Leave a comment:

• DeadParrot
    replied
    Screenshot_20220122-111801__01.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Lazare
    replied
    Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
    Booked ourselves to go to France in July but did something smarter than usual: booked the Dublin-Cherbourg route. A 10 minute drive to the ferry should take some stress out of the experience.

Oh, and 2 cabins. One for kids and one for adults. Winning.
    Would love that, sounds wonderful. Alas, a couple more years away for me unfort.

Leave a comment:

• Raoul Duke III
    replied

I managed to mistakenly book this for when I am abroad (two weekends time), for when my father in law is here (next weekend) when booking this, and they aren't running anything on Jan 29th. Anyone any idea of something proper Irish, a bit of an event, that I could book in its place?
    He wants singing and dancing while he's eating?

Leave a comment:

• Raoul Duke III
    replied
    Booked ourselves to go to France in July but did something smarter than usual: booked the Dublin-Cherbourg route. A 10 minute drive to the ferry should take some stress out of the experience.

Oh, and 2 cabins. One for kids and one for adults. Winning.

Leave a comment:

• Hitchhiker's Guide To...
    replied
    Hey - whats a meal 'event' I can bring the father in law out to when he is over next week. I wonder would it be something like Johnny Foxes? He doesn't like eating out for the sake of it, so it would need to be some substantial reason. Like the 'best' Irish thing. The 'most' Irish thing. Something like that, if you get me? Where would that be? A Bunratty Castle feast of Dublin, if you will. But decent quality also.

Edit: nevermind, answered my own question. Booked the Johnnie Foxes hooley night for the Saturday.

Leave a comment:

• luckforsome
    replied
    ... One last plug for the 2022 celebrity deathpool... https://www.irishpokerboards.com/for...ity-death-pool

...6 people in so far...

Leave a comment:

• AndyFatBastard
    replied

I'd assume the projections are that hospitalisations have already peaked or are very close to peak, and we can manage the expected load from here.
    Just to add to this. Covid is finally, after all this time, wait for it, drumroll....

SPOILER
    just a flu!

Leave a comment:

• Dice75
    replied
    Wordle 217 3/6

Leave a comment:

replied
    Hey - whats a meal 'event' I can bring the father in law out to when he is over next week. I wonder would it be something like Johnny Foxes? He doesn't like eating out for the sake of it, so it would need to be some substantial reason. Like the 'best' Irish thing. The 'most' Irish thing. Something like that, if you get me? Where would that be? A Bunratty Castle feast of Dublin, if you will. But decent quality also.

Edit: nevermind, answered my own question. Booked the Johnnie Foxes hooley night for the Saturday.
    Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; Today, 00:51.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by hotspur View Post
    I don't really follow Covid news stuff too closely so I find myself at a bit of a loss to understand why all those restrictions are going when there are still thousands of new cases per day.

Have the ICU wards emptied or something?
    I think they have enough reassurance that its over. Tony has been quite conservative throughout this thing, which is great imo, compared to the frenetic decision changes of the UK. So, he is looking at this data and sees quite clearly we're done. I think we take it as pure good news. People we trust, broadly, have said its good to go back to normal again.

Leave a comment:

replied
    The Apprentice Episode 3

SPOILER
    Project manager of the winning team absolutely knocked it out of the park. Sold piss in a bottle through concentrating on creating a great brand. And he was absolutely spot on. The task wasn't to create a drink that will sell in ten years time, it was to create something that stores will trial. Has to be the brand every day of the week. Even got Sugar to compliment the digital marketing, in possibly his first ever compliment.

Leave a comment:

• Solksjaer!
    replied
    Vaccinations have been a roaring success for this pandemic . Not sure everyone was happy about that .

Leave a comment:

• AndyFatBastard
    replied
    I don't really follow Covid news stuff too closely so I find myself at a bit of a loss to understand why all those restrictions are going when there are still thousands of new cases per day.

I'd assume the projections are that hospitalisations have already peaked or are very close to peak, and we can manage the expected load from here.

Leave a comment:

• dobby
    replied

Think we peaked at about 27k cases about 2 weeks ago and barley went over 100 in ICU. It's all over bar the shouting with Omicron.

Cases dropping by a thousand or 2 a day. 11k today I think and didnt see the ICU numbers but would guess about 90ish. But compared to when we were getting 2k cases and 200 in ICU we are in a hell of a lot better position.

Open it up.

Leave a comment:

• Lazare
    replied
    Get well soon Andy Pandy

Leave a comment:

• hotspur
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Solksjaer!
    replied
    Jessup is about to take the stand on RTE 2 . Bet the fucker ordered the code red

Leave a comment:

• The Istanbul
    replied

Your timing is hilarious m8.
    Diverticulitis nearly killed brock lesnar so you are obviously as hard as coffin nails
    ​​

​​
    Cnut of a thing: caused me to think I was for the box on a flight to NY a few years ago. Straight off the plane and onto an ambulance whizzed to Jamaica Hospital in Queens. In my c.18 hours there was completely drugged up but remember some sights like a bullet wounded black guy so big his knees were over the end of the stretcher that he was being wheeled in on and handcuffed to and detective beside him. I remember saying to herself 'well you wanted to experience the real NY' and getting a pretty tasty reply. Released with a bag of powerful medicine, slept for a day and then had a ball/

Leave a comment:

replied
    Thats a great name for a disease.

Leave a comment:

• DeadParrot
    replied
    Fucking typical of the run I'm on. Pubs and clubs fully open tomorrow and I'm stuck in Jameses hospital*. Fucking A&E was like Baghdad. I've a year's worth of stories to tell from 30 hours in that madhouse.

*I'm fine, doc thought I might have appendicitis but it turned out to be diverticulitis
    Your timing is hilarious m8.
    Diverticulitis nearly killed brock lesnar so you are obviously as hard as coffin nails
    ​​

​​

Leave a comment:

• AndyFatBastard
    replied
    Fucking typical of the run I'm on. Pubs and clubs fully open tomorrow and I'm stuck in Jameses hospital*. Fucking A&E was like Baghdad. I've a year's worth of stories to tell from 30 hours in that madhouse.

*I'm fine, doc thought I might have appendicitis but it turned out to be diverticulitis

Leave a comment:

• SatNav
    replied
    I got a great bargain for upcoming break when I see these prices now!! Done mine through cassidy travel an offer I saw in fb last year
    I got flights and both hotels for 1800 for 8 nights for two.
    Aliz fucking awful reviews but hopefully I won't be spending too much time in it.

Looking forward to Vegas for the first time.
    Any tips please let me know!
    IMG_20220121_224629.jpg IMG_20220121_224641.jpg

Last edited by SatNav; Yesterday, 22:47.

Leave a comment:

• Strewelpeter
    replied
    Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
    Cracking game between Quins and Castres

Few thing more beautiful in sport than the oul put in to the prop at the front of lineout and back to the hooker for the try while the defence stand there looking like gobshites
    Think the ref made the wrong call at the end

SPOILER
    Never mind the clear forward pass earlier, for the try the rear angle shows clear separation short of the line.

Leave a comment:

• Lao Lao
    replied
    Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

Are ye married or in the first throws off it or what?

Id be left a note to make sure and get panty liners just so i'd be forced to trawl that isle for 30 mins not having a fucking clue what i was looking at.
    Together eight years, married two and a half

Leave a comment:

• ArmaniJeans
    replied
    24 hours left for entries in for 2022 Multi Sport Competition.

Simply predict the winners of the biggest sporting events of the year, and score points. Most points at the end of the year wins the money.

2022 Multi Sport Competition - Irish Poker Boards

Leave a comment:

• Dice75
    replied
    Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
    Mrs Lao Lao is staying in a mates gaff tonight. First time her mate has been child free for a night since she had the kid last May so bit of a girlie night in.

She was leaving home before I left work so she sent me a What's App of a picture of a bottle of wine that I really like that she'd bought and left on the kitchen table for me.

She's a keeper!
    Are ye married or in the first throws off it or what?

Id be left a note to make sure and get panty liners just so i'd be forced to trawl that isle for 30 mins not having a fucking clue what i was looking at.
    Last edited by Dice75; Yesterday, 21:35.

Leave a comment:

• Strewelpeter
    replied
    Cracking game between Quins and Castres

Few thing more beautiful in sport than the oul put in to the prop at the front of lineout and back to the hooker for the try while the defence stand there looking like gobshites

Leave a comment:

• Lao Lao
    replied

Mrs Lao Lao is staying in a mates gaff tonight. First time her mate has been child free for a night since she had the kid last May so bit of a girlie night in.

She was leaving home before I left work so she sent me a What's App of a picture of a bottle of wine that I really like that she'd bought and left on the kitchen table for me.

She's a keeper!

Leave a comment:

• ComradeCollie
    replied

Assuming they weren't doing it for the craic you're assigning cognitive ability to a bunch of lads who propped a dead lad up in front of Mary at the post office.
    I choose my imagined hilarity over the grim reality of life when I can

Leave a comment:

• ComradeCollie
    replied
    Louie Anderson died today too. Surprised he was only 68.

Leave a comment:

• Lazare
    replied

If it was just about the money, they could have collected it for weeks by just forging his signature.
    Assuming they weren't doing it for the craic you're assigning cognitive ability to a bunch of lads who propped a dead lad up in front of Mary at the post office.

Leave a comment:

• Strewelpeter
    replied

Last couple of days there have been a couple of funny stories about the insanity of just how crap tabloid ...can you even call it reporting has become from the bizarre defence of Johnson

FJiegtXXsAEON79?format=png&name=900x900.png

to trawling twitter for crappy jokes and calling them exclusives

?s=20

The po-faced sobriety of the IT's reporting of what has to be the most hilarious bizarre story of recent years is probably more surreal than either of those.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/irel...sion-1.4782598

SPOILER
    Gardaí are investigating the death of an elderly man in Co Carlow, whose body was brought into a post office by two other men, in what appeared to be an attempt to claim the deceased’s man’s pension.

Initial reports indicate the body of the deceased was brought into the post office, which is located on Staplestown Road in Carlow town, propped up by two men.

It appeared the pair were attempting to collect the man’s pension, the source said. The body of the deceased was then left at the scene, when the two men fled after suspicions were raised.

A Garda spokesman confirmed gardaí were investigating “all the circumstances surrounding the unexplained death of an elderly male in the Carlow area”.

The spokesman said the services of the Garda technical bureau had been requested, and a post-mortem examination would be conducted by the Office of the State Pathologist. The results of the post-mortem would help determine the course of the investigation, the spokesman said.

The spokesman said the Garda Press Office could not provide further details.

It is understood when the group approached the post office counter, a concerned staff member enquired about the wellbeing of the man being propped up, at which point the two men dropped the man and left the post office, according to one source familiar with the incident. Staff then went to check on the man, and discovered he was deceased, to the shock of those at the scene, the source said.

A woman working in a beauty and nail salon across the road from the post office described the incident as “unbelievable”.

She was alerted to the commotion after seeing an ambulance and Garda cars outside the small post office, shortly before noon on Friday, she said. “It’s all anyone has been talking about … it is unbelievable,” she told The Irish Times.

The main focus of Garda inquiries at present is to try to identify the cause of the death of the man, with examinations also expected to give an estimate of around what time he died, Garda sources said.

The tabloids will have some sport with that on, rumor has it was a couple of junkies who are related to the deceased pensioner WTAF
    Last edited by Strewelpeter; Yesterday, 20:36.

Leave a comment:

• ComradeCollie
    replied

All of them?

Pity the fucker who drew the short straw.
    If it was just about the money, they could have collected it for weeks by just forging his signature.

Leave a comment:

• Emmet
    replied
    Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

Any pub I've been in has closed at 8pm sharp
    +1 and the Guards had been through at 19:30 too just scoping

(I have been in one pub in a lonnnnnnng time)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X