Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the fact that there's no talk about the new Blade Runner indicative of the fact that it's expected to be shit?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
      That seems to work only on your timeline or notifications, not in searches.
      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Try not using twitter. Find that works best for me.
        "Gibney might be the greatest hero of our time." (Keane, 2012; Hitchhiker, 2017)

"Frank Gibney, he's my favourite ." (careca, 2012)
        "Frank Gibney, he's my favourite." (mikeb, 2017)

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Not leaving my other daughter out, who flopped at school, college bla bla... Was officially handed her assistant manager supermacs blouse today.
            Had it tough lately with depression last while and is absolutely over the moon.
            So happy for her, it's just what she needed for a confidence boost.
            Complete opposite of my personality, very introvert and in her words, please do not post that on fb mam

Money is shit btw bit hey its all about the experience and cv!
            Her sky-ness
            © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
              Is the fact that there's no talk about the new Blade Runner indicative of the fact that it's expected to be shit?
              Some things are best left alone .

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                Not leaving my other daughter out, who flopped at school, college bla bla... Was officially handed her assistant manager supermacs blouse today.
                Had it tough lately with depression last while and is absolutely over the moon.
                So happy for her, it's just what she needed for a confidence boost.
                Complete opposite of my personality, very introvert and in her words, please do not post that on fb mam

Money is shit btw bit hey its all about the experience and cv!
                You're a proud Irish Mammy today then. Fair play Michelle,

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                    Have a different question about Blade Runner. Presumably that was only very loosely set on Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? Watched the movie obv, and read the book, but never really connected them as being the same thing.
                    Android hunter is about the only substantial connection between the two honestly.

Comment

I've heard a lot that McDonalds is a great workplace if she ever thinks about changing. They focus a lot on training, quick promotions, on flexible hours to assist learning etc. Only ever heard the most positive things about them.
                      Don't think she will leave supermacs for now manager has went over and beyond helping her through everything and has been training her for months for position to help her focus on something. Renting now in Galway, lovely house. Two buses to work. She seems quite happy there. She's a girl who doesn't like change upsets her.

I can see her going back to study maybe when 25,shes Only 22.

I'll be honest I was fucking useless at 22, worked ya but leave home em no. She's in Galway now nearly 2 years. I'm genuinely surprised she lasted so long.
                      Her sky-ness
                      © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                        Some things are best left alone .
                        Absolutely

Comment

don't change the chanel
                          "Gibney might be the greatest hero of our time." (Keane, 2012; Hitchhiker, 2017)

"Frank Gibney, he's my favourite ." (careca, 2012)
                          "Frank Gibney, he's my favourite." (mikeb, 2017)

Comment

Comment

It seems Tom Petty is back amongst us
                              What? Are you claiming to be dead yourself now?
                              Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Comment

i'm saying old man that tom petty is no longer dead
                                  He was taken out to the gates of hell but he won't back down

Comment

i'm saying old man that tom petty is no longer dead
                                    What about George Harrison. Is he still dead?

From the episode "The thin white line".All copyrights belong to more talented people.
                                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Comment

Not sure how Last Chance U escaped this long. Class.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                          Not sure how Last Chance U escaped this long. Class.
                                          Was mentioned and discussed here several times

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                            Was mentioned and discussed here several times
                                            Yup, I realise that, just never registered with me for some reason.

Enjoying it now doh, that's the main thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                              Yup, I realise that, just never registered with me for some reason.

Enjoying it now doh, that's the main thing.
                                              Yeah first season better than the second imo. But still worth the watch.

Comment

Supposed to be great actually, the first is one of my favourite films. Didn't want you bankers buying up the tickets

Comment

Also saw a film on Saturday night - Okja, Netflix's first produced film. Really enjoyed it, very unusual. Guy who directed Snowpiercer, which had some cachet here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                    Supposed to be great actually, the first is one of my favourite films. Didn't want you bankers buying up the tickets
                                                    Bankers?

Comment

Bankers?
                                                      You heard the man. Bunt.

Comment

Does anyone else think CouierCollie and Hitch spent a drunken night together?

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                                          Does anyone else think CouierCollie and Hitch spent a drunken night together?
                                                          In the sack.

On the up side though i am in a good mood!

Comment

Geralds Game on Netflix is pretty weird and creepy. A good watch

Comment

Mia for President.
                                                              Taoiseach I am serious.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                Geralds Game on Netflix is pretty weird and creepy. A good watch
                                                                I read that king novel as a teen. I am glad the guy died .! The book wasn't that creepy kind of trashy though. In the novel when he gets rapey he dies by her kicking him in the groin ..
                                                                Gerald is a dick name.

Big mouth is also good

Big Mouth Teaser Trailer Season 1 - 2017 Netflix SeriesSubscribe: http://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=serientrailermpFolgt uns bei Facebook: ...

The glorious nightmare of puberty doesn't discriminate. All genders treated equally. Big Mouth is now streaming on Netflix.Watch Big Mouth on Netflix: https:...

Comment

if you are a parent ...Big mouth might make you cry.

also there is this

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

I think conservatives are over reacting.
                                                                  Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

It's fucking hilarious
                                                                  Last edited by Guest; 03-10-17, 06:39.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                    You heard the man. Bunt.
                                                                    GOB form Arrested Development is starting a Bee business.Watch MORE BEES! for the Season 4 Update: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uV-9GyO4V1k&feature=youtu.be

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                      Still a few points higher in approval rating than nixons 26 while he was getting impeached. He is getting there tho
                                                                      Nixon also wouldn't make the top 10. So not really "getting there" in the slightest.
                                                                      Is this what the clickbaity twitteratti have some to people? People can't objectively compare and just up on catchy headlines.

Originally posted by PeaceandFire View Post
                                                                      How on earth did he keep multiple guns in his room with no one knowing?
                                                                      Have you never been in a hotel before?

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                      Highest of the more than 300 mass shootings in the US so far this year
                                                                      Well this year is kinda a sub-set of all time.

What's the criteria is for a shooting towards that 300?

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                      Not sure yet - definitely in Sydney Sun-Tues. Maybe longer but probably Melbourne Weds-Fri. Then over to Tasmania until Tues.
                                                                      I know you know your way around well enough, but let me know if you need any recomendations on the latest and greatest.
                                                                      Food
                                                                      Wine
                                                                      Whiskey
                                                                      Gin
                                                                      Umbrellas
                                                                      etc

Comment

Cheers for the spoiler anyway P&F

Comment

I received an email from Amazon.com about an account that was linked to my normal email address which is actually not my normal live Amazon account. It told me my email had been changed from XXX@XX to mia.lowery@bk.ru

I was not sure about email as there was no links and came from Amazon. So I logged in as normal and I changed my password. The email confirmation grouped in gmail with the one for the change of email address so it was genuine.

I went in and noticed this...

As you can see the address was changed to the US. AND I had it set up for 1 click so if I did order something it was going straight to the US!

I had my old Irish card registered which has expired and I removed the 1 click settings. I then contacted Amazon and they investigating.

The clever person goes in, changes email, does the address thing and puts email back to what it was!
                                                                          So those who use Amazon, check your addresses and make sure you take off the 1 click function.

How they got into my account is beyond me as I thought Amazon were pretty secure.

They got in, without me getting a message to say.

Just looked up address
                                                                          FedEx Authorized ShipCenter in Niagara Falls,
                                                                          Last edited by MrsFlushdraw; 03-10-17, 08:33.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                            Nixon also wouldn't make the top 10. So not really "getting there" in the slightest.
                                                                            Is this what the clickbaity twitteratti have some to people? People can't objectively compare and just up on catchy headlines.

I know you know your way around well enough, but let me know if you need any recomendations on the latest and greatest.
                                                                            Food
                                                                            Wine
                                                                            Whiskey
                                                                            Gin
                                                                            Umbrellas
                                                                            etc
                                                                            4 people or more killed is their definition of mass shooting I think
                                                                            airport, lol

Comment

Now this scam email almost got me, but I DON'T have a paypal account linked to that email. Werewolf players, look at the details

Comment

Food
                                                                                Wine
                                                                                Whiskey
                                                                                Gin
                                                                                Umbrellas
                                                                                etc
                                                                                You do realise that I was making a different comparison to what I felt was a more interesting point.

The top 10 most horrible leaders is a massively clickbaity topic and no us president would get near it as they didn't kill a notable percentage of their own population. That comparison is the epitome of a catchy headline with no substance or thought required.

Comparing him to the most unpopular presidents of the us I see as a more interesting comparison for a guy who came to power through basically making populist statements and what is akin to propaganda. The time to fall from grace is spectacular.

Comment

You do realise that I was making a different comparison to what I felt was a more interesting point.

The top 10 most horrible leaders is a massively clickbaity topic and no us president would get near it as they didn't kill a notable percentage of their own population. That comparison is the epitome of a catchy headline with no substance or thought required.

Comparing him to the most unpopular presidents of the us I see as a more interesting comparison for a guy who came to power through basically making populist statements and what is akin to propaganda. The time to fall from grace is spectacular.
                                                                                  I would have thought American presidents were responsible for the most deaths over the last ~70 years by a long stretch. Might not count with a lot of them being brownish idk.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                    I received an email from Amazon.com about an account that was linked to my normal email address which is actually not my normal live Amazon account. It told me my email had been changed from XXX@XX to mia.lowery@bk.ru

I was not sure about email as there was no links and came from Amazon. So I logged in as normal and I changed my password. The email confirmation grouped in gmail with the one for the change of email address so it was genuine.

I went in and noticed this...

As you can see the address was changed to the US. AND I had it set up for 1 click so if I did order something it was going straight to the US!

I had my old Irish card registered which has expired and I removed the 1 click settings. I then contacted Amazon and they investigating.

The clever person goes in, changes email, does the address thing and puts email back to what it was!
                                                                                    So those who use Amazon, check your addresses and make sure you take off the 1 click function.

How they got into my account is beyond me as I thought Amazon were pretty secure.

They got in, without me getting a message to say.

Just looked up address
                                                                                    FedEx Authorized ShipCenter in Niagara Falls,
                                                                                    This seems like a really stupid plan, like who doesn't notices they suddenly have 1 click purchase on and just goes oh all right! Then they just accept the one random thing you bought before you figure it out?

Spammers must be out in force, they just tried to reset my facebook password. Bunts.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                      4 people or more killed is their definition of mass shooting I think
                                                                                      Makes sense, similar to the definition of a serial killer.
                                                                                      You do realise that I was making a different comparison to what I felt was a more interesting point
                                                                                      I thought you were offering it as a counter to my post, as you quoted me. Apologies.

Hmmm, how is it clickbaity? There's no hyperbole, do deception. There's not even a headline, catchy or otherwise.
                                                                                      I'm not suggestion who or should make the list. It's a relatively subjective thing, you could have a completely different 10 people than me (unlikely tbf). That's irrelevant,
                                                                                      I was simply trying to give the depths of shittiness shome sense of scale. The whole Trump is the anti-schtick is tiresome at this point.

In terms of actually discussion, that's much more useful. But I wasn't trying discuss Trump alongside the great Tyrants. I was pointing out the stupidity of that line of thought.

As for approval rations. Trump's lowest was 34, he can probably get lower before christmas. But she still has surpassed the lowest ratings for Johnson, Carter, Bush (25), 'dubyya Bush (29), Truman (22) and Nixon (22).

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                        So.....
                                                                                        New job
                                                                                        Originally posted by Frank Gibney View Post
                                                                                        Tell us more
                                                                                        phone call out of the blue from english recruitment agency.
                                                                                        Found my cv on monster and asked my if they could contact a client representing me
                                                                                        sure says I thinking nothing of it.
                                                                                        That was wednesday afternoon.
                                                                                        Thursday afternoon, telephone interview
                                                                                        friday face to face
                                                                                        offer monday.

After the last 3 and half weeks false starts, low ball offers and rejections, it was almost sexual how it all came together ( ) so well.
                                                                                        Even got to reject another place that I was considering that I wasn't mad about.

A good day.
                                                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

I would have thought American presidents were responsible for the most deaths over the last ~70 years by a long stretch. Might not count with a lot of them being brownish idk.
                                                                                          I'd imagine it's not even remotely close.

Comment

Cumulatively Id say you’re right. Hard to find anyone responsible for more death and disease on an individual level than Thomas Midgely Jr. though.
                                                                                            You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                            World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

phone call out of the blue from english recruitment agency.
                                                                                              Found my cv on monster and asked my if they could contact a client representing me
                                                                                              sure says I thinking nothing of it.
                                                                                              That was wednesday afternoon.
                                                                                              Thursday afternoon, telephone interview
                                                                                              friday face to face
                                                                                              offer monday.

After the last 3 and half weeks false starts, low ball offers and rejections, it was almost sexual how it all came together ( ) so well.
                                                                                              Even got to reject another place that I was considering that I wasn't mad about.

A good day.
                                                                                              Congrats DP.
                                                                                              Were you out of work, or just having a casual look at whats out there?
                                                                                              Always a nice feeling when somebody comes looking for you

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                                Cumulatively Id say you’re right. Hard to find anyone responsible for more death and disease on an individual level than Thomas Midgely Jr. though.
                                                                                                A bit abstract though Keith. What about those two lads from china that invented gunpowder and firearms
                                                                                                It was the chinese I was getting at above. This report estimates the US i responsible for 20 millions deaths in 37 countries since WW2. I've no idea if it that's a comprehensive total or not, and it's obvious excluding WW2.
                                                                                                But General Mao killed twice as many of his own people in just 4 years. lifetime, it's probably 70m. That's before you add in the laundry list of shit they've pulled in the last 80 years.

Comment

A bit abstract though Keith. What about those two lads from china that invented gunpowder and firearms
                                                                                                  It was the chinese I was getting at above. This report estimates the US i responsible for 20 millions deaths in 37 countries since WW2. I've no idea if it that's a comprehensive total or not, and it's obvious excluding WW2.
                                                                                                  But General Mao killed twice as many of his own people in just 4 years. lifetime, it's probably 70m. That's before you add in the laundry list of shit they've pulled in the last 80 years.
                                                                                                  It was my hipster reference.

And to be fair my chap did most of his damage in the 20th century
                                                                                                  You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                  World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Irish Poker Beers update:

Still on for this Saturday but Dobby can no longer attend. I'll be late. If you're planning on going, PM me and I'll sort something out.
                                                                                                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post

Still on for this Saturday but Dobby can no longer attend. I'll be late. If you're planning on going, PM me and I'll sort something out.
                                                                                                      Is he miffed after dying there in ww?

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post

I’m in anyway
                                                                                                        His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

The missus is in dublin atm, I'm obviously not there. Think she's gonna meeting friends for dinner, and also my parents for. For some reasons they are looking to me to make a suggestion. No idea why seeing as I've hardly been there in the last 9 years.

Where's good in dublin for tapas type food these days? Not necessarily authentic spanish tapas. Modern bite sized share food doesn't sound as good. Anywhere else that you recommended? Staying somewhere on Harcourt st near St Stephens Green

Comment

Congrats DP.
                                                                                                            Were you out of work, or just having a casual look at whats out there?
                                                                                                            Always a nice feeling when somebody comes looking for you
                                                                                                            finished a 8 year contract at the start of sept.
                                                                                                            a month wasnt panic mode but the rumblings were there and the family didnt really understand why I didnt take the first job offered.
                                                                                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

The missus is in dublin atm, I'm obviously not there. Think she's gonna meeting friends for dinner, and also my parents for. For some reasons they are looking to me to make a suggestion. No idea why seeing as I've hardly been there in the last 9 years.

Where's good in dublin for tapas type food these days? Not necessarily authentic spanish tapas. Modern bite sized share food doesn't sound as good. Anywhere else that you recommended? Staying somewhere on Harcourt st near St Stephens Green
                                                                                                              What colour is she ?

Bit cliched but Salamanca is decent and not too expensive .

Comment

Lol just noticed the WW game title. Needs to be a book based on that name.

Comment

markey bar, port house or fade st I would say
                                                                                                                  Salamanca or the cuban spot on georges st would be others, 777 for mexican tapas is also good.

Zaragosa seems to be quite a popular ladies who lunch haunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                                    Id probably just go to Fade Street.
                                                                                                                    That looks perfect Noel cheers.
                                                                                                                    Pork Belly, soft shell crab, beef carpaccio...I'm half to save that for when Im there. I might need a back up

Comment

What colour is she ?

Bit cliched but Salamanca is decent and not too expensive .
                                                                                                                      Mostly white, Salamaca thake kindly to that sort?

markey bar, port house or fade st I would say
                                                                                                                      Salamanca or the cuban spot on georges st would be others, 777 for mexican tapas is also good.

Zaragosa seems to be quite a popular ladies who lunch haunt.
                                                                                                                      thanks, will check them out. Well the menus. I'll be eating leftovers

Comment

Las Tapas De Lola is class on wexford street.
                                                                                                                        sigpic
                                                                                                                        Longshotvalue.com

Comment

Communist leaders surely.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X