Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
    So when we moved house we signed up for a broadband package with a three mobile router. Decent service with 250gb allowance per month and 70pm cost with an 18mth contract period. Speed isn't great at ~15mb buts it's grand. This was the only real option.

Now Eir are rolling out fibre optic broadband to my door. A triple play package is 60pm for 18months and 90 thereafter. A bit of a no brainer.

Anyway bottom line is I either off load the mobile broadband package for the remaining 15 months or I start a complaint process alleging poor service to get them to waive the cost of paying for the remainder contact period. Anyone got any ideas/experience of getting off the hook with three?
    Be VERY careful with Eir. Changed them earlier in the year for a "too good to be true" offer and it was bloody awful. Luckily we kept extending the cool off period while they tried to iron out the problems so were left relatively unscathed bar the time wasted with all the changing.

Fairly sure they are aiming to IPO soon and just want as many customers as possible for the financials, service is shit but cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
      Who the fuck in RTE decided it was a good idea to let this Sinn Fein IRA scumbag come on the media in full military regalia to justify himself and bloat his ego. Apology my arse
      GTFO unless you are going to name and shame the lads who sent you out and turn up at the inquest you cowardly scum.
      That's some mood swing since the steak and horsies

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
        That's some mood swing since the steak and horsies
        Disgusting scumcunt and the morons who gave him airtime really put me off my stride.

Back on the up watching Lucky Lloyd's starring role in the finale of Orange is the new black... always knew he was a serial killer.
        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by PeaceandFire View Post
            awh cheers...

I am allowed see other forums on the weekends though!
            I doubt it, was that not you in the prison forum on boards?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                But if you were going to guess it would be the one with long hair not the seeming-dude on the other side of the hand.
                Of course, but not knowing Vanessa Selbst is a butch lesbian is like not knowing Phil Ivey is black if you know anything about poker at all.

Comment

Disgusting scumcunt and the morons who gave him airtime really put me off my stride.

Back on the up watching Lucky Lloyd's starring role in the finale of Orange is the new black... always knew he was a serial killer.
                  Murder prehaps, not serial killer.
                  #JusticeForLloyd

Comment

I got drowned in Croker v Tyrone the year Ronnie Drew died . Tryone just walked through our limp defence that day. It was almost like Dublin was in mourning. Last time I was that wet twas a Roscommon woman.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                      Of course, but not knowing Vanessa Selbst is a butch lesbian is like not knowing Phil Ivey is black if you know anything about poker at all.
                      I think she took it well enough. Was more about defending her call than the horrible early cooler. Sick stuff though.

Comment

Comment

Comment

In the latest edition of 'he can't survive this, can he? but he will...'

Trump Jr:

March: denies ever meeting any Russians during the campaign

A week ago: says he met a Russian lawyer but denies it was anything to do with the campaign

Yesterday: says okay it was to do with the campaign, but it was standard practice

They're just lying their asses off at this stage and nobody seems to be able to do anything about it.

As mentioned before, China must be mentally prepping for world dominance a few years ahead of schedule, as the slightest crisis that hits and the US is falling to pieces. Time to start committing to those mandarin lessons for the kids.
                            My nieces in Australia have been learning Mandarin since the age of 4
                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

In the latest edition of 'he can't survive this, can he? but he will...'

Trump Jr:

March: denies ever meeting any Russians during the campaign

A week ago: says he met a Russian lawyer but denies it was anything to do with the campaign

Yesterday: says okay it was to do with the campaign, but it was standard practice

They're just lying their asses off at this stage and nobody seems to be able to do anything about it.

As mentioned before, China must be mentally prepping for world dominance a few years ahead of schedule, as the slightest crisis that hits and the US is falling to pieces. Time to start committing to those mandarin lessons for the kids.
                              Fatigue factor has definitely set in with Trump. Yes, he colluded with the Russians but all that does now is elicit a blank stare and a 'so what?'.
                              He's already a lame duck, isolated by his supposed allies and with a becalmed legislative agenda (if indeed he ever had one).

Seems to me the best punishment that could be visited upin this narcissist is to ignore him. At least until Mueller starts knicking down the dominos.

Comment

Comment

absolutely. and hold on to the hope there isn't some sort of financial crisis that requires intelligent intervention
                                  I reckon one of most business-heavy cabinets of all time would be worth a shot versus an administration run by lawyers and those with public sector experience.
                                  Last edited by Denny Crane; 11-07-17, 10:35.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                    Residence of a Fitz Poker (very) regular.

https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-...-95m-1.3149565
                                    Can you post the full story?

Comment

Decided to take the kids to Brittany for a week long windsurfing course. Day 2 today. 45kmh winds with 60 kmh gusts. Fun times! They're killing it. I'm feeling it!

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                        I reckon one of most business-heavy heavy cabinets of all time would be worth a shot versus an administration run by lawyers and those with public sector experience.
                                        Obama's cabinet sorted out The Great Recession.

Trump's has done the sum total of fuck all so far, apart from those that have resigned with the Feds hot on their tail.

Look at Trump's Big Promises:
                                        1. Lock her up!
                                        2. Build the Wall!
                                        3. Sort out China!
                                        4. Repeal and Replace!

Each one a clusterfuck. His Administration is a mess.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Frossach View Post
                                            Stick this exact string into your google search bar, and the first link should bring you to a free version of it.

life-and-style/homes-and-property/new-to-market/dublin-6-throwback-with-pool-and-development-potential-for-2-95m-1.3149565

Comment

Originally posted by Frossach View Post
                                              Gaff for sale.

worth 2.95 milly primarily because next door put 8 bungalows in the back garden. Something that potential buyers may be potentially able to do with the potential pp.

Boom is back

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
                                                Gaff for sale.

worth 2.95 milly primarily because next door put 8 bungalows in the back garden. Something that potential buyers may be potentially able to do with the potential pp.

Boom is back
                                                Who is the Fitz regular though? I'm guessing Frank Hunt or Ektor.

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                                  Who is the Fitz regular though? I'm guessing Frank Hunt or Ektor.
                                                  im not a reg anymore. Anyone interested I'll take 2.6m.
                                                  no tyre kickers. Fecking GAB had no intention of buying. Timewaster. No airbmb though sorry . one of the lads in a bungalow complained.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                    I reckon one of most business-heavy heavy cabinets of all time would be worth a shot versus an administration run by lawyers and those with public sector experience.
                                                    Why?
                                                    What evidence do we have that people who have running good or been the most corrupt at ruthless 'kill em all' capitalism are in a better position to run government of the people, by the people and for the people than career politicians accountable to the electorate?

Comment

Comment

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 11-07-17, 11:40.

Comment

Isn't there a tax reason why the likes of Apple / Amazon don't have stores here?

Comment

Comment

Comment

can't imagine it, they still pay Irish VAT on all purchases.
                                                                  Can't find a link, however I think I read something about it being a function of the opearation of the double taxation agreements they use to manage their tax, in the particular case where you have a physical retail business in Ireland.

Could well be wrong about that though.

Comment

A last thing before I do some work. Trying to track down something new to watch. And its proving problematic to find something that isn't stupid. Already have Snowfall and Blood Drive on the to-watch list.
                                                                    First two episodes of Glow with Alison Brie look very promising.

Comment

Don't understand how Amazon Prime doesn't open properly in Ireland with a local fulfillment centre, at least for Dublin. It's easily the biggest innovation in shopping in living memory with the free next day delivery guarantee.

Had a lunch chat yesterday, where it turned out everyone in the large group has Prime and has barely been to a non-food or clothes shop in ages.

Presume they'll have to open a local fulfillment centre in advance of brexit, unless they do something silly like route the Irish market through France.

I've never bought anything from Amazon and still buy the vast majority of everything I buy in B&M shops

Am most likely in a clear minority

Comment

Originally posted by Western_Sean View Post
                                                                        Can't find a link, however I think I read something about it being a function of the opearation of the double taxation agreements they use to manage their tax, in the particular case where you have a physical retail business in Ireland.

Could well be wrong about that though.
                                                                        That is, i believe, why the Apple stores here are independently owned and not not branded as such.

Comment

Comment

on the amazon prime thing. just got this:

for over half price.

well chuffed as its been in my wish list for ages.

Comment

well its a particular feature of Prime. Click to buy today and its at your house the next morning. Madness to spend time in shops with that type of service.
                                                                              There is certain shopping that I love to do and just couldn't see online being a better experience.

I love to spend a few hours in a book shop, a wine store, a music store, household stores (kitchenware & gadgets, etc) and having a good 'aul browse.

Meh, Im just odd

Comment

I'm not familiar with Apples arrangements but there's no obvious tax reason they shouldn't have a retail presence here.

Comment

can't imagine it, they still pay Irish VAT on all purchases.
                                                                                  Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                  I'm not familiar with Apples arrangements but there's no obvious tax reason they shouldn't have a retail presence here.
                                                                                  Think Sean is correct here. Remember reading a lot about this around the time of the tax fine thing and read in particular a detailed description on AskAboutMoney (I think) about how Apple couldn't have Apple Stores here for tax reasons that was totally convincing. Can't remember the details now obviously, will see if I can dig them out.

Comment

Trailer of Nobodies looks like class mindless entertainment, but the reviews are woeful. Give it a miss?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLj2nSoIygs
                                                                                    Give anything with her a miss. Her career is basically a couple of lazy jews writing jokes and scripts about her being fat and not a lady.

Comment

Would like to see what kinda tax thing that would be, makes little sense to me.

I would have thought it was because they are looking at markets like China, not a place where they already have high penetration.

Comment

Comment

Hitch, you looking for something to watch?

Jimmy Ringo (Gregory Peck) is a veteran gunslinger known for being quick on the draw, but his talent inevitably leads to trouble, with others constantly out to challenge him. All Ringo wants is to be reunited with his estranged family, but he has to contend with various foes, including the ambitious young sharpshooter Hunt Bromley (Skip Homeier). As Ringo attempts to reconcile with his wife, Peggy (Helen Westcott), he finds that he can't easily shake his violent past.

Watched it this morning for about the 5th time

Show!

Comment

How does he have the Kd in the palm of his hand if its showing on the flop...

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                              Think Sean is correct here. Remember reading a lot about this around the time of the tax fine thing and read in particular a detailed description on AskAboutMoney (I think) about how Apple couldn't have Apple Stores here for tax reasons that was totally convincing. Can't remember the details now obviously, will see if I can dig them out.
                                                                                              I'd be curious to read that - as I say I'm not familiar with their arrangements nor have I read much on it, but now Irish tax resident Apple entities book sales across Europe and on the face of it there's nothing obvious which would make them unwilling to have an Irish retail presence, unless there's something a bit grey in previous rulings they've received that just make any (even remote) risk a stopper to opening a largely irrelevant physical retail presence here.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                                I'd be curious to read that - as I say I'm not familiar with their arrangements nor have I read much on it, but now Irish tax resident Apple entities book sales across Europe and on the face of it there's nothing obvious which would make them unwilling to have an Irish retail presence, unless there's something a bit grey in previous rulings they've received that just make any (even remote) risk a stopper to opening a largely irrelevant physical retail presence here.
                                                                                                Remind me again to have a look for it if I don't come back to you.

Comment

I've lied about this so often that now I need to publish the emails to prove I'm telling the truth this time

LOL
                                                                                                  Dig upwards ya fool

Comment

Trump Senior would surely not have any knowledge of his son colluding with the intelligence services of an unfriendly foreign power

Can see the following tweet incoming:

LOCK JUNIOR UP!

Comment

Lol amazing scenes

Jared Yates Sexton ‏Verified account @JYSexton 9m 9 minutes ago
                                                                                                      Like. I spent hours and days and weeks and months. And his son just, hit tweet.
                                                                                                      Jared Yates Sexton ‏Verified account @JYSexton 10m 10 minutes ago
                                                                                                      I tracked down sources. Followed so many dead leads. Labored over this. And then, he just, you know, tweeted out the proof.
                                                                                                      Jared Yates Sexton‏ Verified account @JYSexton 6m 6 minutes ago
                                                                                                      I'm not entirely convinced I'm not having a break from reality.
                                                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

We obv get screwed on amazon here in Ireland,haven't used it in ages ,full of overpriced (even if you use parcel motel) fake reviewed tat.
                                                                                                        Can't ever seeing myself buy clothes online

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Nothing matters, they and the gimps who supported them are immune to reality and truth.

Comment

Nothing matters, they and the gimps who supported them are immune to reality and truth.
                                                                                                                As I've been saying repeatedly, the most important man in the world right now is Paul Ryan.

And he's swallowed so much shit already, this particular dose probably tastes just fine.

Comment

You also said Scott Walker would be the next president.
                                                                                                                  X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                                  Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Banter View Post
                                                                                                                    You also said Scott Walker would be the next president.
                                                                                                                    Fake News! Sad! Loser!

Alternative reality

Comment

Even the names are wierd.

Goldstone said he was writing at the behest of Aras and Emin Agalarov, a father-son pair of real estate developers who do business with Russia and worked with the Trumps on the 2013 Miss Universe pageant. (Emin is also a Russian pop star.)

Comment

...

Comment

O'Briens have Insight Sav Blanc reduced from 18.95 to 12.95

It's a pretty good New Zealand Sav Blanc (hard to get a bad one from Marlborough in fairness) and is an absolute bargain at 12.95

Just picked up a dozen of them

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X