Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Have an issue with my TV, there's a flaw in the screen, a pixel line in the centre, going from top to bottom. It's not really obvious and is only really clear on a black screen.

I spoke to Harvey Norman about it a while back and they said they'd have to take it away and send it off for repair.

I'd be without it for three or four weeks the guy told me.

Am I within my rights to demand a replacement TV while I'm waiting?
      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
        It's one thing to say people fraudulently claim for it (which they obviously do) but ridiculous to say it doesn't exist. It's just an easy target to fake for people I guess. Maybe using the term as a cat-all on a form isn't great but that's a different matter.
        Its the word that is the problem, it describes the type of motion that caused initial injury without any reference to the severity or degree of damage.

Its like the different reaction I get if I tell someone i have a sprained ankle or if I say I have torn ligaments and a damaged tendon.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
          There are also 20 times more 'whiplash' claims per head of population in Ireland than in France.

Truly bizarre. Are your froggy spines made of sterner stuff shraaaaaaaap?
          Originally posted by Mellor View Post
          Our French friends probably use some French phrase for their dodgy claims rather than the englush word whiplash.
          Probably has a name that sound like food, like a "cup of rabbit stew".
          we call it the rabbit trick (coup du lapin), as that's how you break a rabbit's neck.

i'm guessing it's just down to claim culture more than anything else. i'd imagine it's the simplest non visible and difficult to disprove "injury" following a car accident .

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
            Have an issue with my TV, there's a flaw in the screen, a pixel line in the centre, going from top to bottom. It's not really obvious and is only really clear on a black screen.

I spoke to Harvey Norman about it a while back and they said they'd have to take it away and send it off for repair.

I'd be without it for three or four weeks the guy told me.

Am I within my rights to demand a replacement TV while I'm waiting?
            I have one We are not using atm. You can borrow . Not a smart tv . Just an old flat screen

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
              I saw that. Actually I think I've seen them do it twice with different versions, once in their traditional spiegeltent and once with an Indian flavoured version in the open in the front square of Trinity. I recall it absolutely pissing raining.

My favourite theatre experience ever was Footsbarn's production of The Odyssey.

They are my fav company! I did a workshop with them once and almost rang away with the theater ...I think I could happily get lost with them forever. One of the very few places I evr felt I truly fit in. Like it was home...I know that makes no sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                Had been saving this for Strewelly during the championship.

Fish are not biting but Kittens are Kissing

Comment

Another US TV writers strike on the horizon. This could damage Autumn and Winter broadcast shows badly like it did 10 years ago.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by MikeHunt View Post
                      I have one We are not using atm. You can borrow . Not a smart tv . Just an old flat screen
                      Ah cheers Willie, that's v kind of you. I actually have one in my bedroom that I could probably use, just don't want to. Basically don't want to be without my good TV for that long, feel they should be replacing it while I wait.

Comment

very sweet mike

Comment

Two tickets for Punchestown today if anyone wants them. Will have to collect near the Cinema in Naas.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                            we call it the rabbit trick (coup du lapin), as that's how you break a rabbit's neck.
                            Coup du Lapin?

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                              Think he means in day-to-day business once you have the CEO job
                              Ah right I was wondering

Comment

katie price using racial slurs on this morning, Joey Barton gone, David Moyes Charged, Newcastle MD arrested for fraud, West Ham investigated for the same and John Terry's Mam had a sex tape released.
                                What a day
                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Love making poached eggs, it's a fine art. I get them right about 40% of the time, but when they're perfect they're worth the 60% loss. Use the vortex method.

Anyway, wife picked me up one of those poached egg makers, the pan with the four plastic bowls that you crack an egg in.

She says to me 'bought you a present earlier'

Couldn't hide the Mrs Doyle tea master 2000 look.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI0MRyUFIXU
                                  You have come a long way from drinking cans in the shower conor
                                  No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Comment

Normally go for a walk along the main promenade here early of a morning. However as Wednesday is my sports massage day, I went for that and the wife went for a swim. Afterwards we reconvened at home for a bit of lunch and a coffee before going for a belated walk in the afternoon.

As it was a beautiful 23 degrees we decided to stop off along the promenade and take a perch looking out over the coastline. While we sat there sipping on a delightful Moscato D'Asti (think Prosecco with less acidity and more apricots) and picking through a lovely antipasto platter watching the surf gently caress the shoreline below us I was struck by a thought...and so I turned to my wife and asked, 'honey, where do you think it all went wrong?'
                                      Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Halloumi is awesome. Just stick it on the bbq till it's slightly burnt and it's perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                                          Normally go for a walk along the main promenade here early of a morning. However as Wednesday is my sports massage day, I went for that and the wife went for a swim. Afterwards we reconvened at home for a bit of lunch and a coffee before going for a belated walk in the afternoon.

As it was a beautiful 23 degrees we decided to stop off along the promenade and take a perch looking out over the coastline. While we sat there sipping on a delightful Moscato D'Asti (think Prosecco with less acidity and more apricots) and picking through a lovely antipasto platter watching the surf gently caress the shoreline below us I was struck by a thought...and so I turned to my wife and asked, 'honey, where do you think it all went wrong?'
                                          GFYI

Yours sincerely , a dude having a penguin kicking day

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                            You have come a long way from drinking cans in the shower conor
                                            That was a high point.
                                            X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post

Enjoy yourself, you deserve it.
                                                SPOILER

"We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Thats this report, and while you are technically right, which is indeed the best form of rightness, you are also being a bit disengenious.

It's true that the rise in insurance costs is not down to a rise in claims, but the high base cost of insurance is in big part down to high legal costs. We know this to be the case because past legal reforms have reduced motor costs significantly (PIAB Acts in 2004, 2007 being the big ones), indicating its a major pricing factor.

Concentrating on legal costs not being responsible for the current rise, obscures the fact that motor insurance costs are so darned high in the first place because of the awful legal system. (one of the worst in the world for effectiveness and costs according to the World Bank rankings).
                                                  Now who is being disingenuous?

The World Bank Doing Business Survey uses one single metric for determining legal costs - the price of commercial disputes to enforce contracts. Is that high in Ireland? Yes. Does that have anything to do with insurance costs? No. It doesn't actually look at the legal costs of insurance claims at all.

Motor insurance costs in Ireland were historically quite low because of intense underpricing to gain market share. The insurance companies offset the low profit from premiums by investing in high performing investments. When the investment market slowed to a crawl some of those insurers were over-exposed and folded (Quinn, Setanta) and as a result people have to pay more for their insurance to cover up for the losses made by those companies. Furthermore, the increase in insurance pricing is a Europe wide trend with motor insurance premiums increasing every year. Europe-wide (aside from 2014) there has been a year on year increase in motor insurance premiums since 2009.

So, to summarise: your facts and figures are misleading and inaccurate, your argument is painfully flawed and your position doesn't hold up to any scrutiny more rigorous than would be applied by someone commenting on the journal. I missed these chats.
                                                  You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                  World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                    katie price using racial slurs on this morning, Joey Barton gone, David Moyes Charged, Newcastle MD arrested for fraud, West Ham investigated for the same and John Terry's Mam had a sex tape released.
                                                    What a day
                                                    That isn't correct though, was she not speaking out about bullies who were using a racial slur against her son? Surely to say the N word as an explanation goes a long way to show how horrible it was, rather than saying the N word just like that?

Here is what my friend who has a mixed race child said.

"Katie did NOT use the word to harm, insult or belittle anyone, she was giving a frank interview about the online bullying directed at her disabled son and was giving examples of what he has been called. People are screaming that she should have abbreviated it...why?? Did the bully abbreviate it? I highly doubt someone send her a message telling her that her son was a "Fat Black Blind N-word"
                                                    Yes it is shocking to hear - but in all honesty her story and her fight against online trolls and bullys would not have the same impact if she diluted to words to make them more acceptable to your palette."

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                      That isn't correct though, was she not speaking out about bullies who were using a racial slur against her son? Surely to say the N word as an explanation goes a long way to show how horrible it was, rather than saying the N word just like that?

"Katie did NOT use the word to harm, insult or belittle anyone, she was giving a frank interview about the online bullying directed at her disabled son and was giving examples of what he has been called. People are screaming that she should have abbreviated it...why?? Did the bully abbreviate it? I highly doubt someone send her a message telling her that her son was a "Fat Black Blind N-word"
                                                      Yes it is shocking to hear - but in all honesty her story and her fight against online trolls and bullys would not have the same impact if she diluted to words to make them more acceptable to your palette."
                                                      John Terry's mum sex tape also fake news
                                                      Gonna be on my google search history forever though,cheers dp

Comment

Re Whiplash why can't all awards on cases like this just be medical bills payed ,no wedges to spend on Dutch gold and trips to parkhead

Comment

Great to see the crackdown on dodgy boxes gathering pace,thank you E.U

Comment

Comment

thank fck. can finally catch up.
                                                              Great thing about the writers strike is John Oliver,SNL,Colbert and corden would all be taken off the air.every cloud

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

I don't know anything about this story, but hold on, you're saying she's getting abuse for describing the abuse her disabled son got?

Wtf is wrong with people?

Comment

I thought I got a couple wrong after clicking answers, but I got them all right. Not that advanced if a reasonable amateur like me got them all right.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                      I thought I got a couple wrong after clicking answers, but I got them all right. Not that advanced if a reasonable amateur like me got them all right.
                                                                      I got 25 right & I'm a notorious thumper when it comes to grammar type stuff

Comment

Comment

Also got 25/25, so then I tried to pick all the wrong answers and still got 25/25, something up there me thinks!!

Comment

Originally posted by digiman View Post
                                                                            Also got 25/25, so then I tried to pick all the wrong answers and still got 25/25, something up there me thinks!!
                                                                            Bust our bubbles why don't you

Comment

...

Comment

I don't know anything about this story, but hold on, you're saying she's getting abuse for describing the abuse her disabled son got?

Wtf is wrong with people?
                                                                                It's Jordan ffs! I'm sorry but giving that girl even one second of attention is a waste.

Comment

Started watching the magnificent 7 remake, bout 15 mins in and its shite!

Is it just shite?

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post

Is it just shite?
                                                                                    Wasn't even aware of it's existence.
                                                                                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Bust our bubbles why don't you
                                                                                      Once elshambles said he got 25I knew it was a con as he's just a Sligo bogger.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                        surely people know by now that those things only exist for dumb people to share them on facebook?
                                                                                        Bet you can't post a dogs name without the letter "A" in it...

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                          Once elshambles said he got 25I knew it was a con as he's just a Sligo bogger townie.
                                                                                          fyp, ya roaster ya

SPOILER
                                                                                          Hence the "sham" part

Comment

Just remembered another bizarre coincidence that happened me the other day.

On Sunday I was relaxing for a while before I had to head into town for the night run. I was on Twitter reading tweets about the run and I read one this guy posted, a pic of him and his son about to leave for the race. I just randomly thought to myself 'I wonder will I see them in there'

Got off the bus and made my way to a hotel to use the jax, there's about 5000 people milling around at this stage. In walks your man from that tweet.

Not outrageous odds of it occuring but still, pretty mad.

Comment

Just remembered another bizarre coincidence that happened me the other day.
                                                                                              Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Comment

Really looking forward to big fight weekend between Joshua and Klitschko. It Joshua's 19th fight and Kiitschko's 29th world title fight! Bookies have Joshua fav but I do feel he is vunerable to good punches which he will get. Just watched a documentary on BBC i player which followed Joshua over last couple years and he comes across as a modest, decent, down to earth guy and would be nice for him to win but I do like Klitscklo

Heres i player link fwiw

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                    Bet you can't post a dogs name without the letter "A" in it...
                                                                                                    Twink. Too easy.

Now I know some of you won't do this but if you've suffered from listening to Twink singing please put this on your status for one hour. Ffffffkkkkk.

Comment

Is it just shite?
                                                                                                      watchable shite

SPOILER
                                                                                                      couple of awful moments pretending to be good, absolutely ruined two of the best lines from the original & obvious drawn out ending

but watchable shite

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                                        It's Jordan ffs! I'm sorry but giving that girl even one second of attention is a waste.

Back in the day I used to give Jordan about 30 seconds of my attention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                                                                                        Tapatalk is shite in fairness.
                                                                                                        Last edited by Blip; 26-04-17, 22:49.

Comment

Is it just shite?
                                                                                                          I watched it on the plane home from Canada. It didn't put me asleep but I very rarely sleep on planes.

It's nowhere near as good as original but for two hours of not having to think in a confined space where you can't leave and do something else, it's OK 😀

Comment

It's completely different.
                                                                                                            The word as a slur or insult is disgraceful.
                                                                                                            In a different context its just a word. Any one who thinks that the mere utterance of the word is just as bad as any situation is actually undermining the context of a racial use.
                                                                                                            The context is offensive, not the particular sound the word makes.

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                                            John Terry's mum sex tape also fake news
                                                                                                            Certain looked real
                                                                                                            Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                              surely people know by now that those things only exist for dumb people to share them on facebook?
                                                                                                              Shots fired mate.

Comment

...

Comment

It's completely different.
                                                                                                                  The word as a slur or insult is disgraceful.
                                                                                                                  In a different context its just a word. Any one who thinks that the mere utterance of the word is just as bad as any situation is actually undermining the context of a racial use.
                                                                                                                  The context is offensive, not the particular sound the word makes.

Certain looked real

Not sure what you are saying Mellor? did you see the interview?

Comment

...

Comment

Fairly certain he's agreeing with you that the Jordan thing shouldn't be an issue
                                                                                                                      I wasn't sure, thanks for clearing that up

Comment

Yup agreeing with you MrsF.

I was saying Jordan saying in the context of describing the bullying, and somebody using it as a racial slur are entirely different.
                                                                                                                        And people treating them the same are actually undermining the latter.

Although I'm sure they think they are some sort of modern beacon of tolerance.

Comment

Yup agreeing with you MrsF.

I was saying Jordan saying in the context of describing the bullying, and somebody using it as a racial slur are entirely different.
                                                                                                                          And people treating them the same are actually undermining the latter.

Although I'm sure they think they are some sort of modern beacon of tolerance
                                                                                                                          .
                                                                                                                          Virtue signalers!

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X