Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
    It's the secret

Always happens me too
    Ah they happen to everyone, I love them. Most of the time the odds of them aren't as large as we think, but that one today seems way out there in terms of probability.
    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Summer Holiday this year will consist of a week in Port Douglas for a wedding and two weeks in Bali.

Anyone have recommendations for Bali?

Spent 5 nights in Nusa Dua when I lived in Australia so somewhere different preferably, heard Gilli T is a must?

Comment

what an amazing shot. Grim but amazing. (US army woman photgraphing the moment of her death and other soldiers)

SPOILER

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
          Another bonkers coincidence today, this one's mad.

Yesterday I was in a Topaz near the airport and I thought I saw a guy I went to school with. Haven't seen this guy in 23 years, haven't thought about him in probably 20 years.

He was beside me in the queue in a Texaco in Blanch today.

What.The.Fuck?
          That's mad. You BOTH needed to get petrol today even though you filled up yesterday.

Comment

He might seem a little old-fashioned to you, but what do you expect from a deeply closeted gay man like Norm?Subscribe to watch more Team Coco videos https:/...

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
              You're not even scratching the surface on those lunatics. Some interesting research on lolek over on boards. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...p?t=2056575195
              Yeah Iona /Lolek rings a bell alright. They were the biggest no voice in the gay marriage campaign.

They rake in hundreds of thousands. Who knows what the money is actually spent on.

Ironically they are a great help to the opposite side they take on any issue.

They were also behind Pantigate.

Comment

Another bonkers coincidence today, this one's mad.

Yesterday I was in a Topaz near the airport and I thought I saw a guy I went to school with. Haven't seen this guy in 23 years, haven't thought about him in probably 20 years.

He was beside me in the queue in a Texaco in Blanch today.

What.The.Fuck?
                Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                Had a great one during the snooker on Monday. I said to the lads I was watching it when it went 16-14 that it was about time for Dennis Taylor to say 'as long as your opponent needs TWO frames, you always feel like you have a chance'...3 seconds later out he comes with those exact words.
                Baader-Meinhof Phenomenon
                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                  Has anybody ever spearheaded an intervention? Any tips on how to ensure its success?
                  I haven't but from what I know its worthwhile talking to a counsellor with experience of the key addiction in planning it. If possible have them or someone external to mediate it.
                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

It's grand. Walked the whole way to the ulster bank. Approx 200 steps, no queue. Cashier said my perfume was lovely, the app wouldn't give compliments like that. So I'm happy ��

It's the little girlie things

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 04-05-17, 13:54.
                      "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Ah they happen to everyone, I love them. Most of the time the odds of them aren't as large as we think, but that one today seems way out there in terms of probability.
                        The airport and Blanch are about 5 miles apart, right?

If you had (knowingly) seen him for the first time in 20+ years in a Topaz yesterday, then flown to Argentina, left Buenos Aires to spend a week in a small town in Patagonia and *then* ran into him again in the town's only bar a day or two later, that would have been way out there in terms of probability And even then, the world's a fairly small place at the end of the day!

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                          Baader-Meinhof Phenomenon
                          Oh yea I knew it was coming, having watched him commentate for over 20 years and most of the previous 2 weeks, just thought it was impressive to narrow it down to the exact moment.

Comment

Originally posted by PeaceandFire View Post
                            Sat Nav ..you are not bold ...

Comment

I wish you well Gimmie. That looks like Good Advice from Strew maybe an MD too

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                got to rob that for my twitter handle what's that picture from?
                                This poster is now your twitter handle!

Comment

Comment

It's the secret

Always happens me too
                                    I SO believe in that too...works! When I give positive ..it comes back ..most times

Comment

would you not just sit down with them one-on-one rather than doing (what seems to me like) some american bullshit ambush?
                                      The intervention is more than a declaration to the person, it’s also a caring agreement amongst family members and friends to cease all enabling behaviors as a team that are bringing harm to the person they love. Whatever happens Gimmie good luck

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                        The airport and Blanch are about 5 miles apart, right?

If you had (knowingly) seen him for the first time in 20+ years in a Topaz yesterday, then flown to Argentina, left Buenos Aires to spend a week in a small town in Patagonia and *then* ran into him again in the town's only bar a day or two later, that would have been way out there in terms of probability And even then, the world's a fairly small place at the end of the day!
                                        I didn't see him yesterday, I thought I saw him. Then thought about him for the first time in twenty years. Then saw him 24 hours later for the first time in 23 years.

If I had seen him both days it would not have been so mad.
                                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

I didn't see him yesterday, I thought I saw him. Then thought about him for the first time in twenty years. Then saw him 24 hours later for the first time in 23 years.

OMG you have psychic powers...lotto numbers lazare

Kidding .

That is actually really cool I do think maybe the mind picks up these things I do tarot and stuff ..not professionally just for ...fun really. Your intuition and inner voice was telling you something.

Comment

Ah, picked you up wrong, my apologies. Still, if it all happened 10,000 miles from Ireland it would have been a much more impressive coincidence I think

Also, feel the annual need to point out that my username here, there and everywhere isn't some kind of connection to the ol' Iona Institute, rather it comes from Iona Technology, the first company I ever invested in (don't really count Eircom, owned those shares for one day in a classic get-rich-quick-scheme). Stopped using one of my gmail accounts to apply for jobs because of those zealots for fear of association.

Comment

You didn't have to you are too nice to know them..we know

Comment

I'd say the person involved won't even know what you are talking about GAB
                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

That all seems like sound advice. I think Il go for the 1 - 1 chat rather than involve a group.
                                                  Good luck.

Comment

Comment

Has anybody ever spearheaded an intervention? Any tips on how to ensure its success?
                                                      Sopranos style ftw

X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Cuchulainn1 View Post
                                                          Any pics of Bolton Hall P&F?
                                                          I used to live there for a few years but the last I heard it had burned down. Some kids had tried to set fire to the servants quarters out the back when I was there.
                                                          No way! ??? That's so cool though

I have walked by it many times ...but unfortunately it was sold and developed new houses are being built. Shame but on the other hand I guess they are needed.

Sorry ..i feel I have ruined your house now...by telling you..i have a few houses I am attached to around here...i dunno why i know that's weird. It happened to my ginger bread house too It was abandoned for years...then people went ..and changed it ...but i shall become used to that ..i hope and love it again...the way the new owners have done it..

I hate it when the go and change your special house ...that you have never actually lived in ..BUT STILL..
                                                          Last edited by Guest; 04-05-17, 14:52.

Comment

Seems that not many others do either.
                                                            Arragh will ya go on. There is no way it's getting sorted without professional help.
                                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

got to rob that for my twitter handle what's that picture from?

Edit: and it was €1,800
                                                              I had to sit through one of your youtube videos to get the perfect shot

Comment

Where is your youtube Hitch :P ??

Comment

I read something the other day that said interventions make things worse more often than they succeed. Hotspur can advise further.
                                                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Hotspur needs an intervention. Seems way too happy.

Comment

Keep the Faith ..if the right person ....simply says their name...it's like ...something

You can order my album, Confessional: https://slinky.to/JanetDevlin-ConfessionalThe accompanying book, My Confessional, is available to order on my store, as...

You're watching the official music video for "Like A Prayer" from Madonna's album 'Like A Prayer' released on Sire Records in 1989. Buy/Stream the 'Like A Pr...

Maybe not today ..or tomorrow ..but some day

But I don't know what you are talking about though

I think it's the people ..and the person ..not what is said.
                                                                      Last edited by Guest; 04-05-17, 15:23.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Banter View Post
                                                                        Hotspur needs an intervention. Seems way too happy.
                                                                        when I hear intervention, I think this:

My favorite scene from "The Pez Dispenser" in Season Three.
                                                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                                            Summer Holiday this year will consist of a week in Port Douglas for a wedding and two weeks in Bali.

Anyone have recommendations for Bali?

Spent 5 nights in Nusa Dua when I lived in Australia so somewhere different preferably, heard Gilli T is a must?
                                                                            Heading now in June meself, few days in Singapore, then 5 days yoga retreat in Ubud and a week snorkeling/scuba diving on Nusa Lembongan. Gonna try fit in the volcano trek as well
                                                                            Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                            https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Keep the Faith ..if the right person ....simply says their name...it's like ...something

You can order my album, Confessional: https://slinky.to/JanetDevlin-ConfessionalThe accompanying book, My Confessional, is available to order on my store, as...

You're watching the official music video for "Like A Prayer" from Madonna's album 'Like A Prayer' released on Sire Records in 1989. Buy/Stream the 'Like A Pr...

Maybe not today ..or tomorrow ..but some day

I think it's the people ..and the person ..not what is said.

You've crossed a line there. Forgot about her, annoying affected voice. Post a good youtube and I'll forgive you.

Comment

You've crossed a line there. Forgot about her, annoying affected voice. Post a good youtube and I'll forgive you.

Imma sorry!

Here

Official HD Music Video for “Thunderstruck” by AC/DCListen to AC/DC: https://ACDC.lnk.to/listenYDSubscribe to AC/DC on YouTube: https://ACDC.lnk.to/subscribe...

Comment

Saw her over here a couple of years ago in one of the local pubs doing a gig on New Years Eve, ahh sure she's a little sweetheart.

SPOILER
                                                                                  No, not that wench Madonna

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
                                                                                    Saw her over here a couple of years ago in one of the local pubs doing a gig on New Years Eve, ahh sure she's a little sweetheart.

SPOILER
                                                                                    No, not that wench Madonna
                                                                                    She sounds like Gollum
                                                                                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                      She sounds like Gollum
                                                                                      And Madonna looks like Gollum, funny that.

Comment

I am STILL gonna subject the world to an open mic night some day! Of meh ..singin! :P

Do it ninja style ..tell no one!

Comment

Did the AC DC redeem me or do i still gotta make it up :P ???

Comment

...

Comment

That's 38 posts today P+F, unless you're literally posting more as I type this. We should make you your own forum
                                                                                              Ooop sorry :P

I would prolly be lonely on my own. You would have to come ...and same prob :P

I'll slow down :P

besides it would never be same without you guys ..at least chdog. :P
                                                                                              So yis are stuck with me! :P
                                                                                              Last edited by Guest; 04-05-17, 17:25.

Comment

Baby number​ 2 born today.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                                  Congrats

THAT IS BRILLIANT

Taurus ..

Congrats to Mrs kev too hope she is ok

Comment

God works in mysterious ways

Comment

Congrats kev.
                                                                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Congrats Kev!

Comment

Congrats Kev, you know you'll have to call baby No.2 something Starwarsie....Maythe4th b with u.

Comment

Good man kev. Sure after the first how much harder could it be?
                                                                                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                                                                                                              Heading now in June meself, few days in Singapore, then 5 days yoga retreat in Ubud and a week snorkeling/scuba diving on Nusa Lembongan. Gonna try fit in the volcano trek as well
                                                                                                              One place we're staying is Betutu Bali Villas in Ubud, came recommended from a friend's who's been a few times.

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                                                                                                                One place we're staying is Betutu Bali Villas in Ubud, came recommended from a friend's who's been a few times.
                                                                                                                Lovely enjoy

Are any of you ...or many of you going to Vegas ?...I will watch out and root for you if you are from good old Ireland

Comment

I used to love kevs Friday night IPA soldier posts.

Comment

...

Comment

Nice one kev
                                                                                                                      Do you have a name ? Also boy or girl?

Comment

That's 38 posts today P+F, unless you're literally posting more as I type this. We should make you your own forum
                                                                                                                        Can't see them anymore, anything interesting or is it still fluffy bunnies and kittens?

Comment

Great news Kev, wp.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X