Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
    Making a small element of peace with Iran to balance out the reliance of the highly odious Saudis was an excellent move by Obama imo. Massive internal resistance due to US having fcked up there before and feeling bruised by the whole encounter. Similar with Cuba, where he fought through the historical bs.
    Did you watch the final year
    His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

No, that's a docu?
          Yeah about Obama’s final year. Focuses mainly on his foreign policy and on John Kerry, Ben Rhodes and Samantha Power.
          His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
            CNN only had one show in the top 25 for weekday programmes in February in the USA. FOX News had 15 of the top 20 including the top 2.
            I must say Jack, I find this stuff a bit odd. When Denny was trumping hard, it seemed harmless and most pushed on by his riding bets and SP winding. Having dissenting opinions is perfectly fine. But literally parroting Trump Jr, playing it off as your own thoughts is worrying to say the least.

The parallel with P&F is strong. She actually signed up years ago, and was a normal, irregular poster for years. Then one day flip and switch and went into looney overdrive. Genuinely not trying to be a prick or passively have a go. It's purely down to sheer curiosity. You've been here for years, and posted on the other place too. As far as I remember, typical poster stuff. I find the huge personality shift very interesting. I don't think Trump was the catalyst (as it appeared to be for P&F) - buy what?

Comment

The Jews are leaving the White House. I repeat, the Jews are leaving the White house. Everybody panic.

Yikes must have taken something extra special for Gary Cohn to quit now when he didn't quit over the earlier stuff. Although maybe he couldn't be seen to quit immediately after not getting the FedReserve position.

A small element of volatility in markets tomorrow presumably seeing as he was viewed as (and probably was) the voice of economic reason there.
              For a jewish man nazism is okay but don't fuck with the money

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                Still one or two here that cling to that argument
                Who? Haven't seen anyone say that in years?
                No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                  I must say Jack, I find this stuff a bit odd. When Denny was trumping hard, it seemed harmless and most pushed on by his riding bets and SP winding. Having dissenting opinions is perfectly fine. But literally parroting Trump Jr, playing it off as your own thoughts is worrying to say the least.

The parallel with P&F is strong. She actually signed up years ago, and was a normal, irregular poster for years. Then one day flip and switch and went into looney overdrive. Genuinely not trying to be a prick or passively have a go. It's purely down to sheer curiosity. You've been here for years, and posted on the other place too. As far as I remember, typical poster stuff. I find the huge personality shift very interesting. I don't think Trump was the catalyst (as it appeared to be for P&F) - buy what?
                  Attack the post not the poster please. If you disagree fine but save the psychoanalysis. I hadn't actually seen Trump Jr. had posted it actually before Hitch posted it, it was cited by multiple sources today.

Comment

Attack the post not the poster please.
                    No back seat modding please

Are we having a boards.ie 2010 retro thing here?

Comment

Attack the post not the poster please. If you disagree fine but save the psychoanalysis. I hadn't actually seen Trump Jr. had posted it actually before Hitch posted it, it was cited by multiple sources today.
                      I would actually love to know what other forum you frequent. I've asked a few times now and always been ignored. I'd love to know what your boss on the other forum says is going to be the topic of the day. Like do you have report back with the results of the topic discussion? Do you have a ranking from proper person to libtard cuck? Do you report back before midnight every night say "I enraged 3 libtards, I planted a seed in an undecided and annoyed several cucks with stupid names like strewel etc"

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                        I would actually love to know what other forum you frequent. I've asked a few times now and always been ignored. I'd love to know what your boss on the other forum says is going to be the topic of the day. Like do you have report back with the results of the topic discussion? Do you have a ranking from proper person to libtard cuck? Do you report back before midnight every night say "I enraged 3 libtards, I planted a seed in an undecided and annoyed several cucks with stupid names like strewel etc"
                        Sure

Comment

Sure
                          I've no problem with you having beliefs in values or whatever the fuck it is. I believe in treating everyone with respect and fairness, not equally but fair if that makes sense. If you do ever want to engage in conversation I personally will listen, in fact ill give you my number and we can talk offline if you want, or meet up next time im back in ireland. To me though, it just seems like something pops up in another forum and you have to go off and influence your network or else you get cut off.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                            I hesitate to make a statement this declarative but Shackleton may just have been the largest and most steaming pile of shite I have ever had the misfortune to attend.
                            Someone suggested to me this evening that we go to this. "Terrible reviews, and no dialogue," says I. No Tom Crean.

Comment

You're a gas man if you think that was an attack. And what psychoanalysis? It's plainly obvious that you've had a massive change in posting in recently - 1500 posts is a decent sample. Plus the other place.
                              I was saying I'm curious why, not that I know why.

If didn't see it on Trump Jr' twitter then I was mistaken. I apologize.
                              Where did you see it?

Comment

Jack suffers from erectile dysfunction cause of his steroid habit. That's why he's so angry and dumb.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                  Someone suggested to me this evening that we go to this. "Terrible reviews, and no dialogue," says I. No Tom Crean.
                                  It's worse than you can possibly imagine.
                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

It's worse than you can possibly imagine.
                                    Very early in the morning to be insulting a posters lack of imagination.
                                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Not long now. You know what to do.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                        Very early in the morning to be insulting a posters lack of imagination.
                                        Shurrup you.

How's it all feel?

Comment

Shurrup you.

How's it all feel?
                                          Doctors just went through the list of drugs I'll be on leaving here. Took him a while to come to the total of 11, though they won't be all long term. Finally dragged out 7 as the number of long term every day doses. And by long term he means for as long as you last. Still seems a lot to me[emoji37]

Comment

Comment

Comment

Those are beta-blockers mainly?
                                                Fucked if I know. Only one I recognised is the humble yet magical aspirin.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                  Fucked if I know. Only one I recognised is the humble yet magical aspirin.
                                                  Then I'm down in the bottom of a pit in the blazing sun,
                                                  Torn and twisted at the foot of a burning bike,
                                                  And I think somebody somewhere must be tolling a bell
                                                  And the last thing I see is my heart, still beating,
                                                  Breaking out of my body and flying away
                                                  Like a bat out of hell

Comment

Those are beta-blockers mainly?
                                                    Wonderful things, my cat takes them to keep her alive. Same ones as humans.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                      Then I'm down in the bottom of a pit in the blazing sun,
                                                      Torn and twisted at the foot of a burning bike,
                                                      And I think somebody somewhere must be tolling a bell
                                                      And the last thing I see is my heart, still beating,
                                                      Breaking out of my body and flying away
                                                      Like a bat out of hell
                                                      bit early for meatloaf. not sure CC's heart could take the strain!!

Comment

Seems the 5SM in Italy did indeed hoover up all the youth vote in Italy as AJ expected. About 45% of votes from those under 40.
                                                        Doesn't make you optimistic for the future of Italy that the youth population voted. for a party that makes the Healy-Reas look like modern-day FDRs.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                            I see an article on the examiner website yesterday that fourteen EU countries are suggesting our great new law is unlawful

However, The Times Ireland Edition has learned that 14 member states have made submissions to the European Commission arguing that the bill would damage trade and discriminate against new products entering the Irish market.

They were also sceptical that the new laws would reduce alcohol consumption.

Comment

Interesting judgment in the rights of the unborn case before the Supreme Court this morning. No text of the judgment yet so haven't read it in full but seems like the approach taken was quite sensible and not entirely unexpected.
                                                              You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                              World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Comment

Yes. And his position was the same long before they were a client.

Comment

Comment

Chatting to a friend who owns a pub in Kildare last weekend. He was at a Diageo event about a new drink they're releasing, Rockshore I think it's called. It's a lager similar to Coors.

He said they gave a stat (no idea regarding exact source or accuracy) that only 25% of people in Ireland between the ages of 18-24 have drank in a pub.
                                                                      I assume if accurate that does not include nightclubs.

Obviously that doesn't necessarily mean its caused consumption to decrease. I was quite surprised initially but I have three siblings in that age bracket and they go house->nightclub but the difference over the past 10 years is pretty evident.

Comment

Surely we're all smart enough to know that if a lobbyist for the alcohol industry is saying not to do something it's almost certainly because it will harm their client.
                                                                        All the lobbyists for the supermarkets and pubs are saying to do it, must be because it's good for their clients?

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                                                                          Chatting to a friend who owns a pub in Kildare last weekend. He was at a Diageo event about a new drink they're releasing, Rockshore I think it's called. It's a lager similar to Coors.

He said they gave a stat (no idea regarding exact source or accuracy) that only 25% of people in Ireland between the ages of 18-24 have drank in a pub.
                                                                          I assume if accurate that does not include nightclubs.

Obviously that doesn't necessarily mean its caused consumption to decrease. I was quite surprised initially but I have three siblings in that age bracket and they go house->nightclub but the difference over the past 10 years is pretty evident.
                                                                          Young people these days are boring, they're having less sex and drinking less. 25% can't be right though can it? Seems insanely low.
                                                                          Last edited by Denny Crane; 07-03-18, 12:28.

Comment

Surely we're all smart enough to know that if a lobbyist for the alcohol industry is saying not to do something it's almost certainly because it will harm their client.
                                                                            This is hilariously lazy btw. Like that time you didn't like the stats infographic using numbers from CSO/Revenue commissioners, cause there was a badge from the WHO on it.
                                                                            Don't think you're that correct here anyway, Irish Distillers wouldn't have many products affected?
                                                                            Last edited by Denny Crane; 07-03-18, 12:46.

Comment

...

Comment

Young people these days are boring, they're having less sex and drinking less. 25% can't be right though can it? Seems insanely low.
                                                                                I agree, I would have probably completely dismissed it too only for the fact that my siblings are all in that age group and they go out most weekends but they never go to pubs.
                                                                                If true though any pub that isn't serving decent food or doesn't have a niche target market has little chance of survival.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                      Wonderful things, my cat takes them to keep her alive. Same ones as humans.
                                                                                      Fairly sure you give them to your cat, though that would be cool.

Read an interesting bit in Jordan Peterson's new book last night that people are much better at filling prescriptions and administering them to their pets than to themselves. Rates of non-adherence are remarkable:

Comment

Presume a few folks have been Sicily, any particular spot that's best to stay in?

Comment

Maybe it's meant to be something like 'only 25% regularly drink in pubs'.
                                                                                          That's the exact question I asked. He seemed pretty adamant but even if that is the case I'd imagine that is still quite a drop in the past 10 years.

Have you got a nice piece of Python code for Brownian Motion and Brownian Motion w/drift?

Comment

How do you find it confusing that a lobbyist will have their clients interests at heart and not yours when providing you information?

And we talked about that poster at length - it was trying to masquerade as an official document by using trustworthy logos, but had actually been put together by a drinks promoting group.
                                                                                            Suspect you were the only person who believed that. They used the badges from their data sources. You hardly think people looked at it and thought it was a joint CSO/WHO publication do you?

How do you find it confusing that a lobbyist will have their clients interests at heart and not yours when providing you information?
                                                                                            You do realise that it fits in entirely with his political views and he wrote on this type of thing long before he was a lobbyist? And that attacking the source rather than the content just demonstrates you don't have a counter point?

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

It's fairly natural to attack a source if they are a lobbyist!
                                                                                                  He's directly quoting CSO figures? Not exactly being opaque. There's lobbyists on both sides, in fact there's far more industry lobbyists on the pro side if that affects your decision.

Comment

Love when the EU do this.

The European Union is preparing punitive tariffs on iconic U.S. brands produced in key Republican constituencies, raising political pressure on President Donald Trump to ditch his plan for taxing steel imports.

Targeting 2.8 billion euros ($3.5 billion) of American goods, the EU aims to apply a 25 percent tit-for-tat levy on a range of consumer, agricultural and steel products imported from the U.S. if Trump follows through on his tariff threat, according to a list drawn up by the European Commission and obtained by Bloomberg News. The list of targeted U.S. goods -- including motorcycles, jeans and bourbon whiskey -- sends a political message to Washington about the potential domestic economic costs of making good on the president’s threat.

Paul Ryan, Republican speaker of the House of Representatives, comes from the same state -- Wisconsin -- where motorbike maker Harley-Davidson Inc. is based. Earlier this week, Ryan said he was “extremely worried about the consequences of a trade war” and urged Trump to drop his tariff proposal.

Other U.S. politicians will also feel the pressure. Bourbon whiskey hails from Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell’s home state of Kentucky. San Francisco-based jeans maker Levi Strauss is headquartered in House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi’s district.

The EU has expressed growing concerns about Trump’s protectionist stance on trade and steel has political importance to the bloc, which was born out of the European Coal and Steel Community in the 1950s. The industry also continues to have economic clout, generating annual sales of around 170 billion euros, accounting for more than 1 percent of EU gross domestic product and directly providing over 300,000 jobs.

The European retaliatory list targets imports from the U.S. of shirts, jeans, cosmetics, other consumer goods, motorbikes and pleasure boats worth around 1 billion euros; orange juice, bourbon whiskey, corn and other agricultural products totaling 951 million euros; and steel and other industrial products valued at 854 million euros. The Brussels-based commission, the EU’s executive arm, discussed the retaliatory measures with representatives of the bloc’s governments at a meeting on Monday evening.

Europe may expand the group of targeted American goods should Trump also follow through on a related pledge to impose a 10 percent duty on foreign aluminum. The list obtained by Bloomberg on Tuesday relates only to steel countermeasures.

"These tariffs right now are just talk, but they have the potential to become quite inflammatory and impact economic growth," Kristina Hooper, chief global market strategist at Invesco, said in an interview with Bloomberg Television. "Tariffs beget more tariffs. It’s like putting bacteria in a petri dish.”

Trump’s vow to curb U.S. imports of foreign steel and aluminum has sparked opposition within his Republican Party and is based on a national-security argument that the EU dismisses. The White House threat risks provoking retaliation across the globe and a slew of complaints to the World Trade Organization, which has never ruled on a dispute involving trade restrictions justified on national-security grounds.

The EU Strikes Back
                                                                                                    Some 2.8 billion euros of U.S. goods are targeted in retaliatory tariff

Source: European Commission
                                                                                                    European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker and his leadership team are due to discuss the retaliatory options on Wednesday. The commission is also weighing filing a complaint to the WTO against the U.S. and introducing “safeguard” measures to prevent steel shipments from other parts of the world to America from being diverted to the European market and flooding it.

The tariffs included in draft list discussed on Monday can be imposed without waiting for WTO dispute-settlement procedures, according to the European Commission’s briefing to EU government envoys. They are retaliatory measures worth 50 percent of the EU’s exports of steel which will be hurt by Trump’s plan, and hence can be imposed immediately, according to the commission.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                        Fairly sure you give them to your cat, though that would be cool.

Read an interesting bit in Jordan Peterson's new book last night that people are much better at filling prescriptions and administering them to their pets than to themselves. Rates of non-adherence are remarkable:
                                                                                                        https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/17/w...-medicine.html
                                                                                                        Story from this book of the nurse meeting an elderly patient who was on a bucket of mediine. Nurse asked her how she kept track

"oh that's easy."
                                                                                                        Pull out a big glass jar. Adds the new medication for the jar.
                                                                                                        "I just grab a handful every morning from the mix"

Didn't really work out since her heart medication was small pills

Comment

Yes they are extremely boring. Even more so when drunk though.

Comment

You seem very boring and must have lived a sheltered life?

Comment

NME shuttering its print edition after 66 years. Devoured it as a teenager

Comment

Anyone up on Serie A this season (Sitch?). Saw the first leg but still have a niggling feeling for a Juve 1-0 smash and grab at 10s? Any thoughts?

Comment

HR experts.

If a vacancy ‘inhouse’ (a 12 month contract) is filled by a person from another role in the company. Is that person entitled to their old role back or can the company say, sorry the 12 month contract is up, goodbye. What happens to their previous service rights?

The missus has a view on this but would like some other informed opinions.

Ithanku.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                                    Anyone up on Serie A this season (Sitch?). Saw the first leg but still have a niggling feeling for a Juve 1-0 smash and grab at 10s? Any thoughts?
                                                                                                                    4-1 Spurs

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                                                                                                      NME shuttering its print edition after 66 years. Devoured it as a teenager
                                                                                                                      It produced many a good writer over the years. I haven't been their demographic for a long time but have very fond memories of when it was actually quite influential (for right or for wrong!).

My time was mid-late 80s to around the mid 90s covering mostly the rave explosion in all its guises (house, techno, hardcore, DnB, trance etc...), grunge and britpop.

Thankfully Record Collector magazine (my current monthly print subscription) is unlikely to lose its print version for at least another 10 years!

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                                                                                          HR experts.

If a vacancy ‘inhouse’ (a 12 month contract) is filled by a person from another role in the company. Is that person entitled to their old role back or can the company say, sorry the 12 month contract is up, goodbye. What happens to their previous service rights?

The missus has a view on this but would like some other informed opinions.

Ithanku.
                                                                                                                          Not a HR expert by any means but would think there terms of service are not broken by the move and they should still be employed by company

Not necessarily the same role though

Unless agreed beforehand that job expires with contract or the company pays them off at end!

The question is is the person being moved because best person for job or being promoted side-wards as a way of getting rid?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X