Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
    It was announced before that the rioters expected many to be martyred. Anyone who died was sacrificed for propoganda any children who died is awful and clearly their parents are to blame for bringing or allowing them to enter a battlezone.
    For someone so keen on saving lives you can justify actual murder pretty handy. Trump could have signed a waiver like his predecessors, left embassy where it is for now and saved the lives of the children and the rest. But blame the victims
    airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
      Think it's Raoul not Jack who is the fanboi for kids being killed in Palestine.
      With such a reasoned start to proceedings, how can I fail?

All sorts of bad, depressing stuff going on over there and very few good actors.
      • Hamas.
      • Netanyahu's government.
      • Trump

All blame-worthy and you can throw Hamas' sponsors into the mix too. No innocent parties there.
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

It was announced before that the rioters expected many to be martyred. Anyone who died was sacrificed for propoganda any children who died is awful and clearly their parents are to blame for bringing or allowing them to enter a battlezone.
        This is just willfully ignorant.
        You know they didn't HAVE to open sniper fire on children right?

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
          This is just willfully ignorant.
          You know they didn't HAVE to open sniper fire on children right?

as long as it wasn't ripped out of the mother's womb, it's fair game

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
            With such a reasoned start to proceedings, how can I fail?

All sorts of bad, depressing stuff going on over there and very few good actors.
            • Hamas.
            • Netanyahu's government.
            • Trump

All blame-worthy and you can throw Hamas' sponsors into the mix too. No innocent parties there.
            Definitely out of my depth discussing this one but saw a couple of folks making the point that Hamas isn't the same as the Palestinian people and just labeling everyone involved as just being terrorists is the preferred Israeli narrative

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
              Definitely out of my depth discussing this one but saw a couple of folks making the point that Hamas isn't the same as the Palestinian people and just labeling everyone involved as just being terrorists is the preferred Israeli narrative
              Seems like a bit of a 'Bloody Sunday protesters were fair game cos the RA' position.

Comment

Where’s Coveney and mr cool socks varadkar why not expel the Israeli ambassador like they did the Russian one? At least the Israeli violations are proved

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                  Where’s Coveney and mr cool socks varadkar why not expel the Israeli ambassador like they did the Russian one? At least the Israeli violations are proved
                  Coveney has contacted the ambassador to express Irelands position on it.
                  airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                    Coveney has contacted the ambassador to express Irelands position on it.
                    That'll teach 'em.

Comment

...Just got $600 from post office, think it cost €520...Paying by card so stuck it in to the machine...She does her bit, counts the money, says I can remove the card and that's that...But I didn't actually pay for it, she's just fucked up and I've gotten a free $600, happy days!!!...
                      ...But then my idiot side kicks in and I actually tell her I didn't put pin code in, and it couldn't have gone through on my card...She then says you're right and I pay it then...

...I'm now off to work having done a very fucking good deed...
                      ...TLDR, I'm not sure how I feel...

Comment

Pakistan three down for 14 runs. Chasing 160.

Shirley not. The rain will probably save them

Comment

Thomson Reuters to move foreign exchange derivative trading to Ireland

The financial and media company Thomson Reuters is to move its foreign exchange derivative trading facility from London to Dublin.

The company says it has applied to the Central Bank to move its facility because of Brexit.

In a statement, the company says: "Thomson Reuters has commenced the process of applying to the Central Bank of Ireland for authorisation to operate its FX Multilateral Trading Facility from Dublin rather than London as a result of the UK's planned departure from the European Union.

"It is our intention to transfer all existing client relationships of the Thomson Reuters MTF and Dealing, as well as Fixed Income Callouts and Auctions, from RTSL to our new Irish legal entity ahead of the Brexit date."

Thomson Reuters told clients on Tuesday it had applied for a licence.

It will be used to cover the derivatives business - the largest in Europe - which trades more than US$300bn (€251bn) a day.

Foreign exchange (FX) derivatives are contracts to buy or sell foreign currencies at a future date.

Thomson Reuters is the parent of Reuters News and controlled by Canada's Thomson family.

Is this a big win for Ireland or are the big numbers quoted relevant?

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                            That'll teach 'em.
                            Oh ya, that wasn't meant as praise or anything.
                            airport, lol

Comment

Anywhere comparable to the Vintage Kitchen in terms of not frightening someone who's completely unadventurous with food (I'll have the burger please!) but also being really good?

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                https://www.newstalk.com/Thomson-Reu...ing-to-Ireland

Is this a big win for Ireland or are the big numbers quoted relevant?
                                Doesn't really mean anything, it'd be like pokerstars moving here and quoting the value of all the pots played daily.

edit:

It has no plans to move any employees from London or elsewhere to Dublin but was hiring new staff to meet local laws, it added.

Comment

The really interesting thing, now that Palestine is now effectively two entities (Gaza - Hamas, West Bank - Fatah) is to compare and contrast their internal workings, attitude to open conflict and foreign sponsors.

The odd thing is that the WB 'should' be more aggressive as Israel has effectively stolen large chunks of it. But it's actually Gaza where the bulk of the conflict occurs now (which has zero settlers).

A reversal of the first Intifada which was very much centred on the WB.

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                    ...Just got $600 from post office, think it cost €520...Paying by card so stuck it in to the machine...She does her bit, counts the money, says I can remove the card and that's that...But I didn't actually pay for it, she's just fucked up and I've gotten a free $600, happy days!!!...
                                    ...But then my idiot side kicks in and I actually tell her I didn't put pin code in, and it couldn't have gone through on my card...She then says you're right and I pay it then...

...I'm now off to work having done a very fucking good deed...
                                    ...TLDR, I'm not sure how I feel...
                                    Not that good. You did what any normal person should. Also saved yourself from possible theft/scam accusations if she realised your 520 didn't go through and you fucked off with the 600.

Comment

Is and always has been 18 months
                                      Not sure if you missed the question. Or just attempting musfirection. Maybe I wasn't clear, in that case it's my fault.

I was asking if you were saying it's;
                                      A) 18 months after you leave to lose residency, and a further 18 months to intend to return, or
                                      B) After you leave the country, you have 18 months to intend to return
                                      ...in order to keep your vote.

Replying "is 18 months" is kinda meaningless. Doesn't make sense.
                                      Simple A or B. Which of the above are saying is correct. As you appear to flip between the two.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                        Not sure if you missed the question. Or just attempting musfirection. Maybe I wasn't clear, in that case it's my fault.

I was asking if you were saying it's;
                                        A) 18 months after you leave to lose residency, and a further 18 months to intend to return, or
                                        B) After you leave the country, you have 18 months to intend to return
                                        ...in order to keep your vote.

Replying "is 18 months" is kinda meaningless. Doesn't make sense.
                                        Simple A or B. Which of the above are saying is correct. As you appear to flip between the two.
                                        I'm sure everyone including me is bored of this now. I'm saying B from what I've read.

In other news very interesting developments in the Italian government formation.

Comment

I'm sure everyone including me is bored of this now. I'm saying B from what I've read.

In other news very interesting developments in the Italian government formation.
                                          A Five Star\Northern League government would be great.

Great entertainment that is. Might even be as hilarious as Syriza.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                            Not that good. You did what any normal person should. Also saved yourself from possible theft/scam accusations if she realised your 520 didn't go through and you fucked off with the 600.
                                            Second part is bollocks. We're responsible for the incompetency of others?

Comment

Shower of rain here in capitol dock move to Malahide please .

Comment

Think there's a decent case to be made for Jewish people (not Israelis) being better than other people. There's something about that religion that works.
                                                What part of it exactly do you think works?

I know quite a few Jewish people. Some religious, some not.
                                                Most of the "rules" are absolutely absurd, and ridiculously archaic. Kosher, shabbos. Even more ridiculous are the ways they are permitted to angleshoot the rules. Like the eruv rule.

On the other, the interest free money community loans really kick start a property portfolio if you're in a affluent suburb.

Comment

I'm sure everyone including me is bored of this now. I'm saying B from what I've read. .
                                                  Just trying to clarify Jack. Your reply to Kayroo sounds like you were saying 18months to lose ord.resident status - as that was the question he actually asked you.

BTW Im not just picking away at you. I googled like you suggested. Nothing on the first page gave any timeframe for losing ordinarily resident status. As an emigrant myself it's of personal interest. Even posting 1 of the many links/sources you've read would be helpful. But alas...

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                    Just trying to clarify Jack. Your reply to Kayroo sounds like you were saying 18months to lose ord.resident status - as that was the question he actually asked you.

BTW Im not just picking away at you. I googled like you suggested. Nothing on the first page gave any timeframe for losing ordinarily resident status. As an emigrant myself it's of personal interest. Even posting 1 of the many links/sources you've read would be helpful. But alas...
                                                    I'll try find some stuff later.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

The really interesting thing, now that Palestine is now effectively two entities (Gaza - Hamas, West Bank - Fatah) is to compare and contrast their internal workings, attitude to open conflict and foreign sponsors.

The odd thing is that the WB 'should' be more aggressive as Israel has effectively stolen large chunks of it. But it's actually Gaza where the bulk of the conflict occurs now (which has zero settlers).

Is Gaza not just a small, hugely overpopulated poverty stricken area where the powerful overlords next door shoot into at will almost? I'm not sure why any of that would foment resentment and violence really, it sounds like a lovely place.

There are no settlers because it is a tiny hellhole.

Comment

Comment

"Settlers" me hole!

Comment

Because its a somewhat safer/open place for them to protest?

You don't protest against racism/rape/youth murders etc down a dark alley, in a dodgy part of North London, on your own, at 2 in the morning!

Comment

Is Gaza not just a small, hugely overpopulated poverty stricken area where the powerful overlords next door shoot into at will almost? I'm not sure why any of that would foment resentment and violence really, it sounds like a lovely place.

There are no settlers because it is a tiny hellhole.
                                                                  Yes to small, poor, overpopulated.
                                                                  No to 'shoot at will'. No aggression out = no aggression in. Sadly, Hamas actually want 'martyrs' therefore stoke up stuff like the current escalation. Knowing that the Israelis will react, as they always do, with overwhelming force.

This is not to excuse Israeli overreaction but to get across that Hamas are just as culpable in the deaths of these people.

BTW: there were settlers in Gaza until quite recently and the Israeli government forcibly (and correctly) removed them.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                    Because its a somewhat safer/open place for them to protest?

You don't protest against racism/rape/youth murders etc down a dark alley, in a dodgy part of town, on your own, at 2 in the morning!
                                                                    One of the most militarised zones in the whole world is a 'safer place'?

These incidents are stage managed to Hamas knowing full well what will happen. Fatah are a bit mote discerning with the lives of their citizens.

Comment

One of the most militarised zones in the whole world is a 'safer place'?

These incidents are stage managed to Hamas knowing full well what will happen. Fatah are a bit mote discerning with the lives of their citizens.
                                                                      They may feel safer there than WB , they have to protest somewhere

Hamas are cunts, Hamas being cunts should not be used to allow Israel to excuse the shit they have done for way too long

Nation state breaking international law and screaming bigot at anyone who speaks against them!
                                                                      Last edited by Guest; 15-05-18, 14:14.

Comment

Done! Busy! No point in arguing about it where no change can/will occur!

Comment

They may feel safer there than Gaza, they have to protest somewhere

Hamas are cunts, Hamas being cunts should not be used to allow Israel to excuse the shit they have done for way too long

Nation state breaking international law and screaming bigot at anyone who speaks against them!
                                                                          I'm explaining, not excusing.

Unfortunately none of the non-cuntish countries have the juice to stops the cunts being cuntish, especially now the biggest cunt of the lot is in charge.

Comment

I'm aware that hamas are far from a saintly organisation that can do no wrong, but I can't even imagine living in a hellish place like Gaza.

Blow up the whole of the region, that should fix it, or maybe just Israel would be a good start.

Comment

No aggression out = no aggression in.
                                                                              That's just not true.
                                                                              Please don't start coming over like one of those smarmy media people the Israeli government trot out by the dozen at times like this.
                                                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

I'm aware that hamas are far from a saintly organisation that can do no wrong, but I can't even imagine living in a hellish place like Gaza.

Blow up the whole of the region, that should fix it, or maybe just Israel would be a good start.
                                                                                Never saw you as part of the American Christian End of days pro-Israel Lobby

Comment

Fair play to Kevin O'Brien, pity they collapsed so completely in their first innings.
                                                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

...

Comment

650,000 watched Claire Byrne last night with the audience increasing 53% as the show continued!!

Comment

Who was the genius who pre-called Raoul excusing killing babies?
                                                                                        Must have been jack.

Comment

Yes to small, poor, overpopulated.
                                                                                          No to 'shoot at will'. No aggression out = no aggression in. Sadly, Hamas actually want 'martyrs' therefore stoke up stuff like the current escalation. Knowing that the Israelis will react, as they always do, with overwhelming force.

This is not to excuse Israeli overreaction but to get across that Hamas are just as culpable in the deaths of these people.

BTW: there were settlers in Gaza until quite recently and the Israeli government forcibly (and correctly) removed them.
                                                                                          These are honestly surprising opinions.
                                                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                            Fair play to Kevin O'Brien, pity they collapsed so completely in their first innings.
                                                                                            Pity big Kev couldn't have hung in there for a bit this morning.

At least an embarrassment was avoided.

Comment

US ambassador to the United Nations, Nikki Haley, endorsed Israel’s actions in a UN security council meeting on Tuesday.

Haley praised Israel for showing restraint as Palestinian militant group Hamas “has been inciting violence for years, long before the United States decided to move our embassy” to Jerusalem.

“No country in this chamber would act with more restraint than Israel has,” Haley said.
                                                                                              She's a hateful shite

Comment

Bohemian Rhapsody is a foot-stomping celebration of Queen, their music and their extraordinary lead singer Freddie Mercury, who defied stereotypes and shatte...

in other news...

Comment

Must have been jack.
                                                                                                  What agression out would justify mass murder by sniper including children. There must be at least 10 dead Israeli soldiers to justify it.

Or is it a case of agression out in form of a stone = agression in at any desired level including mass murder of all ages?
                                                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                    Any word if they coped on from this...

For several years there have been reports of a Sacha Baron Cohen-led biopic about Queen frontman Freddie Mercury. Unfortunately, the film was not to be. Chec...

Comment

...

Comment

Never saw you as part of the American Christian End of days pro-Israel Lobby
                                                                                                        I don't think advocating blowing up Israel is a pro-Israel stance.

Comment

...

Comment

Hungary has managed to shut down George Soros' operations in their country. If only we could achieve the same.

Comment

Best Italian in the city at the moment?

Someone has suggested forno500?

Comment

Hungary has managed to shut down George Soros' operations in their country. If only we could achieve the same.
                                                                                                                Yeah, god forbid someone other than right wing billionaires push their agendas in other country's

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                                  What agression out would justify mass murder by sniper including children. There must be at least 10 dead Israeli soldiers to justify it.

Or is it a case of agression out in form of a stone = agression in at any desired level including mass murder of all ages?
                                                                                                                  It doesn't justify it.

I am trying to contextualise it. And, part of the context is Hamas deliberately encouraging Palestinians, including children, into situations where they know the Israelis will respond with lethal force.

So, if you're going to condemn Israel, condemn Hamas too.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                                                                                    Best Italian in the city at the moment?

Someone has suggested forno500?
                                                                                                                    While I don't doubt there may be slightly better, im a fan of ciao Bella Roma on parliament at.
                                                                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

It doesn't justify it.

I am trying to contextualise it. And, part of the context is Hamas deliberately encouraging Palestinians, including children, into situations where they know the Israelis will respond with lethal force.

So, if you're going to condemn Israel, condemn Hamas too.
                                                                                                                      95% of world reacting exactly as Hamas wanted.

Comment

Yeah, god forbid someone other than right wing billionaires push their agendas in other country's
                                                                                                                        He has been caught red handed interfering in our democracy

Comment

He has been caught red handed interfering in our democracy
                                                                                                                          No he hasn't

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X