Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
    Did anyone see that a conservative lobbyist group called the Family Foundation got a vote on whether or not it should be illegal to marry children off in Kentucky stopped. They said it takes away the paternal rights, if a parent wants their 13 year old to marry a 33 year then it should be okay.

I wonder what the reaction would be, lets say if somewhere like Iraq proposed allowing child marriages...
    If trump gives it his support Jack will explain to us why it's the right thing to do
    airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
      ffs. didn't even consider that.
      If you look online it says about 31 for August in Barcelona. Trust me, that is fuck all haha!

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
        If trump gives it his support Jack will explain to us why it's the right thing to do
        Trump will be bringing his daughter on a fact finding expedition any day now!

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
          So I'm looking at the O'Malley fella kick and I'm thinking "that's a very whippy style of kicking, block that and you busy his leg bad"

Kick, crack, owieees!!!

Give me Joe rogans job!
          On this...

I know Frankie Edgar is getting on but this fella is a killer

Comment

Pray for flushdraw

Comment

On this...

His subs are absolutely insane. If he gets two hands on you, you're in serious danger.

He gets hit alot though I think in the cub sawson fight he was getting schooled until he landed the guillotine.

A fight with Max Hollaway should be a classic.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                Pray for flushdraw
                I like how much space they gave Duffy to get a good proper run at the ball on the corner!

Solid tactics from one of the genius managers of our time!

*as I wrote that it happened again... think Brighton need to take one of these chances fast!

Comment

I like how much space they gave Duffy to get a good proper run at the ball on the corner!

Solid tactics from one of the genius managers of our time!
                  Didn't see the first 15 mins. Was out walking the dog and clearing the last of the snow so I can get out to work tomorrow.

Surely if they lose here he has to seriously think about going?

Comment

Didn't see the first 15 mins. Was out walking the dog and clearing the last of the snow so I can get out to work tomorrow.

Surely if they lose here he has to seriously think about going?
                    Never... do you not realize he built that club single handed and turned down loads of jobs etc etc

Comment

Never... do you not realize he built that club single handed and turned down loads of jobs etc etc
                      He's done an incredible job at Arsenal overall but there was always going to be a point at which he's not moving forward and would be genuinely surprised if he didn't announce his retirement at the end of the season

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                        He's done an incredible job at Arsenal overall but there was always going to be a point at which he's not moving forward and would be genuinely surprised if he didn't announce his retirement at the end of the season
                        For the good of the team going forward he should step aside this week and allow a new man a few months to get a feel for the squad before the summer.

Comment

Pray for flushdraw
                          Meh, it is what it is.

Wenger is akin to a Doyle Brunson or a Johnny Chan who were good years ago, but never adjusted their at any stage and just got left behind. The round peg doesn't fit into the square hole anymore. Mourinho and Conte for example, wouldn't insist on playing someone like Iwobi who so far out of his depth, but keeps getting game time. Literally the worst regular player i have ever seen.

Comment

What has the ref think he's seen to book the Brighton player there. Fantastic tackle

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                              If you look online it says about 31 for August in Barcelona. Trust me, that is fuck all haha!

https://i.gyazo.com/a8c6acdef33f694d...363c004c16.png
                              Malta averages 27 in August. Catalans all get the fuck out of Barcelona in August. If it's anywhere near the mountains it will be grand.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                The Lidl wasn't actually in Jobstown, it was the one down the road in Fortunestown - certainly up their in the irony stakes also.

we both stand corrected, btw I shop there. Jobstown central baby. Couple of 100 or so yards from the Joan Burton attack

Comment

Referee and linesman having a nightmare for Brighton

Comment

Ireland off to a winning start in the ODI cricket world cup qualifying. Beating Netherlands by 93 runs(D/L). Tough ask to qualify with only 2 teams getting in and West Indies, Zimbabwe and Afghanistan in the qualifiers.

Comment

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

On this...

That was pretty impressive alright.

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 04-03-18, 17:48.
                                          "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Not this poor girl's finest moment...

Comment

Watched about 10 seconds, sorry I did... gonna guess..
                                              Blind girl gets nervous on TV

Comment

Shovelling snow is some workout tbf.

Comment

This is pathetic from Chelsea

Comment

Watched about 10 seconds, sorry I did... gonna guess..
                                                    Blind girl gets nervous on TV
                                                    I remember seeing her on pointless, didn't do that badly.
                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

This is pathetic from Chelsea
                                                      De Bruyen just controls the game so easy, and Sane has improved so much this season. It's scary how much better than everyone else they are.

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                        Malta averages 27 in August. Catalans all get the fuck out of Barcelona in August. If it's anywhere near the mountains it will be grand.
                                                        Eh? you tell that to my poor brother who visited in August. Last two summers didn't see it go below 35! did you leave the apartment during the day

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                          De Bruyen just controls the game so easy, and Sane has improved so much this season. It's scary how much better than everyone else they are.
                                                          Yeah it pains me to say it but I enjoy watching them. Their work rate when they lost the ball today was phenomenal, thought Silva was class today too. But Chelsea just stood off and watched them pass the ball around.at times. No intensity, no desire to get stuck in, they're the current champions and played like a mid table team

Watch this post come back to haunt me now when United go there

Comment

I enjoy watching CHelski lose again and again. Methinks they'll drop away from future PLs TOP 4s. Then it's back to being an ABU for the fans much like Liverpool fans for the past 25 years.

*stirs hornets nest

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                              Theres been a few dig outs ive given in ecent days but the last one this morning was the best. After picking up a dodgy box in in the shadows of the Navan road in Mulhuddart from my Romanian man on the inside the cul-de-sac exit was blocked by a woman in her car trying to maneuver the icy roads into her driveway.
                                                              She had a plastic shovel is all so I did the chivalrous thing and tried to dig her entry to her driveway. As soon as I took control of the shovel she was sparking up an e-ciggarette looking on, I suppose why not. She did manage to pull it in somewhat and after some more labour her mother came out to look on smiling and laughing. Then suddenly they were both ensconced inside not to be seen again. Her neighbour came out to back his car out at this stage and I asked him has he a metal shovel. He said no but he was going to buy one the other day.
                                                              As soon as i burrowed a furrow to get past her car my Romanian man from inside towards the end of the road came out to see was there anything he could do to help.

Comment

Did the path around our house yesterday, did the 3 neighbours too and one of them popped in with a bottle of wine today to thank us, another one salted all around our house for us and the other is an old cunce so he wouldn't have been able to do it himself so happy to do it for him. The missus wasn't happy that I dragged her out to sweep the excess away after I was shoveling tho

Comment

Henry leaves the studio to join the commentary team

They pretend he stormed out at how bad they played

Apparently the internet blows up!

Fuck the world I want to get off, the whole planet must be seriously depressed!

Quite like to find this

and burn it

after:

SPOILER
                                                                  Last edited by Guest; 04-03-18, 18:21.

Comment

Can't wait for the Oscars tonight, said no one ever.

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                                                                      Can't wait for the Oscars tonight, said no one ever.
                                                                      Which cuck-coddling libtard hypocrite beta do you hope loses bro?

Comment

I'd like to see Laurie Metcalf win but think Alison Janney will. They were both great.

Comment

I agree with Jack.

Don't get the hype around the Oscars at all. Or awards shows in general.

Don't get why these people are put on such a pedestal, or why I'll be subjected to endless reporting of it tomorrow.
                                                                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                            I agree with Jack.

Don't get the hype around the Oscars at all. Or awards shows in general.

Don't get why these people are put on such a pedestal, or why I'll be subjected to endless reporting of it tomorrow.
                                                                            You sound like youre jealous theres not a award show in your field of work to be honest. I reckon youd get the statue if it counts for anything.
                                                                            airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                              You sound like youre jealous theres not a award show in your field of work to be honest. I reckon youd get the statue if it counts for anything.
                                                                              I'd like to thank god. And my mom.
                                                                              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                Seems Vilanova, where this camp is, is a few degrees cooler. 28 degrees average in August.
                                                                                I was in the heart of Barcelona for a week in August, the weather was perfect, not too hot at all. The warm evening winds are glorious.

Comment

I won't stay up to watch them live as it only starts at 1:30AM and I've to be up at 6AM for work but I will definitely be interested to see who wins what. If I was to have a punt on the main awards, I'd go with the below

Best Female : Francis McDormand

Best Male : Gary Oldman

Best Supporting Male : Sam Rockwell

Best Supporting Female : Allison Janney

Best Picture : Lady Bird

Best Director : Christopher Nolan

Unsane was the Surprise Film @ADIFF this evening by Steven Soderbergh, a psychological thriller which was pretty gripping, defo one to watch.

Comment

...
                                                                                    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                                        I won't stay up to watch them live as it only starts at 1:30AM and I've to be up at 6AM for work but I will definitely be interested to see who wins what. If I was to have a punt on the main awards, I'd go with the below

Best Female : Francis McDormand

Best Male : Gary Oldman

Best Supporting Male : Sam Rockwell

Best Supporting Female : Allison Janney

Best Picture : Lady Bird

Best Director : Christopher Nolan

Unsane was the Surprise Film @ADIFF this evening by Steven Soderbergh, a psychological thriller which was pretty gripping, defo one to watch.
                                                                                        Switch the last two with Gerwig for BD. Hollywood tinks the wimins are grand and all that.

Comment

Ladybird is pretty boring.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                            Ladybird is pretty boring.
                                                                                            I saw it yesterday and thought it was a really lovely film.

I've seen all but Phantom Thread and think 3 Billboards was the best.

Last night I caught a 2007 Irish film called Garage by Lenny Abrahamson which was stunning, remarkable performance by Pat Shortt.

Comment

Movies like Ladybird have been done to death.
                                                                                              The Anti-Carrie. Forgettable nice enough movie. Billboards should clean up

Comment

Totally Zeitgeisty Objectification

[NSFW="NSFW"][/NSFW]

Comment

Yeah three billboards was the best film of the bunch this year. It's favourite for the gong tonight but just seems very un-oscary to me...

Get out could be the sleeper in the market, strong themes such as racism always do well but you'd imagine it will be extra emphasised this year.
                                                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Most exciting golf tournament for a while.

JT & Mickelson about to Play off.

Comment

Most exciting golf tournament for a while.

JT & Mickelson about to Play off.
                                                                                                      Unbelievable exciting round to watch. JTs eagle 2 at 18 unreal about 1 million matched on the exchanges within a minute.

Comment

Lady bird. Ugh pile of shite. More or less fell asleep during it.

Why do all these arty weird boring movies win Oscars?

Fucking la la land last yr ffs

Back in the day watchable movies won
                                                                                                        Forest gump
                                                                                                        Titanic
                                                                                                        Million dollar baby
                                                                                                        Rain man
                                                                                                        And alot more exciting interesting movies
                                                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post

Forest gump
                                                                                                          Titanic
                                                                                                          Million dollar baby
                                                                                                          Rain man
                                                                                                          Missing the numero uno.
                                                                                                          The Butterfly effect.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                                                                            Missing the numero uno.
                                                                                                            The Butterfly effect.
                                                                                                            Didn't win an Oscar. I gave it a personal. One
                                                                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Hooch View Post
                                                                                                              Unbelievable exciting round to watch. JTs eagle 2 at 18 unreal about 1 million matched on the exchanges within a minute.
                                                                                                              Cotzee and JT double was waiting on 4 figures, the Eagle just gave false hope.

I blame the camera man for giving JT a massive fright.

Such an exciting finish, Sunday night golf

Comment

Forest gump
                                                                                                                Titanic
                                                                                                                Million dollar baby
                                                                                                                Rain man
                                                                                                                Arty weird moves have always done well. You are probably just forgetting the ones from years ago that you didn't care for (or see).

Gandhi, Amadeus, Out of Africa, American Beauty, Shakespeare, King's Speech, Artist, Birdman, etc.

Every few years a big blockbuster or epic war movie breaks the cycle. But the above is definitely the trend rather than the reverse

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                                  Yeah three billboards was the best film of the bunch this year. It's favourite for the gong tonight but just seems very un-oscary to me...
                                                                                                                  It's also very rare for a film to win best picture when the director hasn't been nominated for best director. Not impossible, but very rare.

Comment

Didn't win an Oscar. :
                                                                                                                    Neither did La La Land

I loved lots of recent Oscar best picture winners. Argo, Spotlight, 12 years a slave and Birdman all class imo.
                                                                                                                    Last edited by The Situation; 04-03-18, 23:42.
                                                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Cotzee and JT double was waiting on 4 figures, the Eagle just gave false hope.

I blame the camera man for giving JT a massive fright.

Such an exciting finish, Sunday night golf
                                                                                                                      Seen many of those Cotzee and Jd double slips on a golf group I read.

That camera man would want a serious slap, what was he thinking.

The 11th hole when a fan blocked Phils shot was another incident was great he kept his head, good to see him win its good for the game.

Whoever says golf is not exciting needs to watch that final round.

Comment

Went to see Khruangbin in Whelan's tonight, superb

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                                          Neither did La La Land

I loved lots of recent Oscar best picture winners. Argo, Spotlight, 12 years a slave and Birdman all class imo.
                                                                                                                          I agree with all those. Birdman is the type of film I should dislike, but I loved it. I've only seen 3 of the films talked about this year, 3 billboards (great acting, great scenes, not a great film), ladybird (boring, and a bit of a cliché) and I, Tonya (weird, but oddly very good).

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X