Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

World Press Photo Contest 2018 – the nominees in pictures

Comment

Some great photos there.
      The fire. The boat victims.
      Hopefully a natural photo wins it, and not one of the staged shots.

Special mention for this one. It could only be more symbolic, if the bald eagle was eating it's own wing.

Comment

First pint of the day in Dublin airport. Off to Amsterdam for a two day stag

#PrayforLaoLao

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
          Other than getting to play in the bonus tournament would there really be any kind of value for a lad like that in being the winner of an ordinary WPT title, or is he just a gobshite who paid to boost his ego?
          Fallsview WPT: Well it’s been an interesting day to say the least; can’t say I’ve ever experienced anything like this before. I have no issue...

Edit - The other guy - https://twitter.com/ineedsheet
          Last edited by Flushdraw; 16-02-18, 08:21.

Comment

Couple of hours to go before the big op. Doctor reckons there's only about 3% chance of things going tits up, though I'd prefer if he hadn't put a figure on it.
            Weirdest bit so far was getting the almost total body shave from a chap with 'Ger loves Mary' tattoos on his arms.
            Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
              Sure, not going to be nearly a effective as more powerful rifles. But a 22 at close range will kill people. The only reason it's not used is because full auto centrefires are for buttons.

I don't think no guns is actually the answer. will definitely illicit the wrong response from the public. There are plenty of perfectly valid reasons to own a gun. The obvious solution is to only sell guns to people who have a valid reason.
              But the second amendment creates the insanity that it's a right.

He's not really bending reality though. It's not like it bought it illegally off a gun-nut neighbour. The sale was a legitimate sale at a proper gunshow.

The rifle be bought (bolt action 22lr) is perfectly legal in Ireland.
              If Denny wanted to sell me his old 22lr, that would be a legal sale. But I couldn't just hand him a monkey and take it off his hands. I'd need to get a license and certificate to possess that exact gun. Because Ireland has decent levels of gun control.
              Hell of a thing.....killing a man...*squirts eyes bites on cigar

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                Couple of hours to go before the big op. Doctor reckons there's only about 3% chance of things going tits up, though I'd prefer if he hadn't put a figure on it.
                Weirdest bit so far was getting the almost total body shave from a chap with 'Ger loves Mary' tattoos on his arms.
                Oops my last post was badly timed. Good luck

Comment

Good luck friend, very best wishes.

Comment

Best of luck bud. You are approaching it the right way. In anyways, think how aerodynamic you will be now
                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

The very best of luck Noel, we'll all be thinking of you.
                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Good luck
                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

That sounds reasonable, deal made perfect sense to Ryan, he seems to be a lad with a good attitude.

Comment

Don't go towards the light! I'm 97% sure it'll all be good, much better chances than that certainty of what would happen otherwise. You'll be awake before you know it, check back in with us when you're able CC.

Comment

Good luck CC, hopefully we will see you post on here soon to know all is well.

I am sure you will be totally fine

Comment

Best of luck CC!

Comment

Mmmm. So shaved and scrubbed, they did one last echo scan, and decided not to go ahead as the heart function is too low. Quite the anticlimax.
                                  Last edited by ComradeCollie; 16-02-18, 11:12.

Comment

Best of luck CC!

Comment

Nothing worse than shaving for a date and getting let down.

Commiserations CC

Comment

All bets made carry over to the rescheduled fixture.

Comment

Last edited by Denny Crane; 16-02-18, 11:22.

Comment

Poor ol Ger, I bet Mary doesn’t appreciate the frustrations that go with the job sometimes.

Comment

Good luck CC
                                              Know a lad who had same operation,now in 60,s and plays 5 a side and holds his own with 20 to 30 year olds

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                Good luck CC
                                                Know a lad who had same operation,now in 60,s and plays 5 a side and holds his own with 20 to 30 year olds
                                                What a bloody pervert.

GL CC.
                                                No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                  Good luck CC
                                                  Sounds like the kind of thing CC will be looking forward to once he recovers.
                                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Mmmm. So shaved and scrubbed, they did one last echo scan, and decided not to go ahead as the heart function is too low. Quite the anticlimax.
                                                    What does this mean for you? Do you have have to try and rest up until they try it again or can they not actually do this anymore? Surely not as drastic as the transplant list?

Comment

Keep us up to date CC. Best of luck....

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                        Hands 94,95,96

Would love to know what sort of deal was done here. Probably swapped 1st place prize money + a bonus.

https://www.worldpokertour.com/event...8-2/#eventTab2
                                                        Probably missing something here but why would he swap 1st place prize money +bonus?. Is there a league with a grand prize for overall winner or something?

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                          Probably missing something here but why would he swap 1st place prize money +bonus?. Is there a league with a grand prize for overall winner or something?
                                                          They did a straight ICM deal including the value of the ticket, Ryan the lad who had been leading didn't care about the title and didn't want to play the follow on tourney while both were things the other lad was interested in.
                                                          Its a lot more straightforward than it looked and the only problem was the WPT didn't like how it looked and the attention it got. Apparently it was said to them that they should have made it look better , well people running tourneys should realise that people do deals all the time and should provide facilities for it in much the way stars do online.
                                                          Last edited by Strewelpeter; 16-02-18, 17:20.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                            What does this mean for you? Do you have have to try and rest up until they try it again or can they not actually do this anymore? Surely not as drastic as the transplant list?
                                                            They're basically leaving it a few more days to make any decision. It might even be a lesser intervention. The echocardiogram they did this morning showed a 20% functionality ( up from 15% when I came in), but they really want it at about 30% before they go opening it up.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

More real life related stuff: ionapaul and Mrs ionapaul welcomed ionababy, a little boy, just before noon today. One full week early, he knew enough to avoid a Six Nations weekend I reckon Mammy and baby doing well, Daddy very tired but doing the head wetting in style; two of the lads are coming over later and we're going to watch the Royal Rumble for as long as I can start awake!

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                  More real life related stuff: ionapaul and Mrs ionapaul welcomed ionababy, a little boy, just before noon today. One full week early, he knew enough to avoid a Six Nations weekend I reckon Mammy and baby doing well, Daddy very tired but doing the head wetting in style; two of the lads are coming over later and we're going to watch the Royal Rumble for as long as I can start awake!
                                                                  Congrats to you all! It's a real game changer, that's for sure.

Comment

Comment

Sitting on an miserable bus from Derry wondering if any of it will ever happen!

Comment

Congrats ionababy. 2nd one ? I'd like a 3rd but she bolts the bedroom door after her these days to avoid such talk. Name yet ?

Comment

Congrats man. Enjoy the Rumble
                                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                            Excellent!!!! And what a brilliant day too with the announcement of the Ireland2040 plans to build a great new nation. He'll be listening to Iona talking about traffic jams in 2040 and wondering what that doddery old fool is mumbling about as he jumps on his choice of metro and five luas lines.
                                                                            Fantastic to see that the 2040 plan makes a firm commitment to keep shipping tax money from the pale to rural Ireland. Thanks all ����

Comment

...

Comment

Congrats to the Ionapaul family. Poor fella that you are, all tired! It must be hard pushing a baby out for a fella

Only jesting though.

Comment

The communal spaces with a Bean an Ti as the Independent is calling it is an interesting idea. I have a mate who was living in a similar space in London and recommended it for exactly it's intended target audience, young professional new to the city/country etc.

1350-1875pp per month all inclusive

The uniquely Irish role of the Bean an Tí is to be revived for the hipster era at the new concept shared living building underway by Node at Dublin's FitzWilliam Square and set to open next month.

Comment

Applied for a new passport last Saturday and it arrived today.

I thought that service was supposed to be shit.

Comment

Ah, brilliant stuff Paul, congrats to you all. Great news.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                        Applied for a new passport last Saturday and it arrived today.

I thought that service was supposed to be shit.
                                                                                        Only for aul Strewelley

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                                                          Congrats ionababy. 2nd one ? I'd like a 3rd but she bolts the bedroom door after her these days to avoid such talk. Name yet ?
                                                                                          1st baby for us - no name as yet, still weighing up a shortlist of a few. Not sure which one suits him yet!

Comment

Ugh help needed

Booked a flight to lanzarote for my mother. Put in her name Catherine, then hit surname and it auto typed Catherine again instead of surname which also begins with C.

Just Checked confirmation mail which reads passenger Catherine Catherine.

Are they going to charge me or do ye think if I call them it will be OK
                                                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

Ryanair? They have (or had) a 24 hour grace period to fix things like that.
                                                                                              May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                                                                                                Ryanair? They have (or had) a 24 hour grace period to fix things like that.
                                                                                                Do I go to app or contact them. I sent them. A fb pm.
                                                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                                                  Do I go to app or contact them. I sent them. A fb pm.
                                                                                                  Just go to manage your booking in your account. Assume it can be done in app but I don't know.
                                                                                                  May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                                                                                                    Just go to manage your booking in your account. Assume it can be done in app but I don't know.
                                                                                                    You legend thanks a million!!! Jesus my heart.

The power of the bbv.
                                                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

1st baby for us - no name as yet, still weighing up a shortlist of a few. Not sure which one suits him yet!
                                                                                                      ...Awww, I kinda liked Ionababy, was original and catchy...

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

The young offenders series is pretty good after two episodes

Comment

Akwasi Frimpong’s improbable journey to Olympic sledding—from a country without ice.

He finished last with his spirits high. The Internet is loving this jubilant video.

Comment

Reminds me of that movie, Cool Runnings.
                                                                                                                "Gibney might be the greatest hero of our time." (Keane, 2012; Hitchhiker, 2017)

"Frank Gibney, he's my favourite ." (careca, 2012)
                                                                                                                "Frank Gibney, he's my favourite." (mikeb, 2017)

Comment

Rotten Tomatoes is the latest site of the culture wars. Irish reviewer Ed Power was the first to give the movie Black Panther an average review and was subject to multiple articles and tweets (Inc some saying he's going to be killed etc). Also circulating that reviews been heavily screened and removed for "hate speech". Looks like fake news is moving to fake reviews. Haven't seen the movie myself as it doesn't look my cup of tea but all this about a movie seems bizzare.

Comment

I imagine it's not actually about the movie, but instead about the hate speech and racist comments. Just a wild guess though. Could be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                                                                                                                      The communal spaces with a Bean an Ti as the Independent is calling it is an interesting idea. I have a mate who was living in a similar space in London and recommended it for exactly it's intended target audience, young professional new to the city/country etc.

1350-1875pp per month all inclusive

https://m.independent.ie/life/home-g...ampaign=buffer
                                                                                                                      Double or treble what rent I pay to share living spaces and have some cunt who thinks shes king of the house hang around, thought it was gonna be full board at those prices. Yanks would love it I'm sure
                                                                                                                      edit: Places do look very nice to be fair. That roof top terrace doesnt have the same pull it would have in New York though. Wouldnt be for me anyway, price still seems to high
                                                                                                                      Last edited by eamonhonda; 17-02-18, 11:07.
                                                                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                                        Double or treble what rent I pay to share living spaces and have some cunt who thinks shes king of the house hang around, thought it was gonna be full board at those prices. Yanks would love it I'm sure
                                                                                                                        edit: Places do look very nice to be fair. That roof top terrace doesnt have the same pull it would have in New York though. Wouldnt be for me anyway, price still seems to high
                                                                                                                        Yeah expensive and according to that article the average salary of residents is just over 35k a year which can't be right. I assume nobody netting 2.4k a month is willing to pay 1.4k for a room+bills

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                                                                                                                          Yeah expensive and according to that article the average salary of residents is just over 35k a year which can't be right. I assume nobody netting 2.4k a month is willing to pay 1.4k for a room+bills
                                                                                                                          Wow, so much for the old quarter of your salary rule of thumb.
                                                                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X