Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They should just leave the clocks as they are once they've moved to summer time. IIRC the reason they done it historically was so farmers had daylight early in the morning during winter. Lol.

Comment

On the topic of burgers, just seen that Five Guys is taking over the old Dunnes Store building on George's St. That's a fairly large space for a burger joint.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
        They should just leave the clocks as they are once they've moved to summer time. IIRC the reason they done it historically was so farmers had daylight early in the morning during winter. Lol.
        As if the cows were deciding when they needed milking by looking at the clocks

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
          On the topic of burgers, just seen that Five Guys is taking over the old Dunnes Store building on George's St. That's a fairly large space for a burger joint.
          Which one, the offices up past long hall or the shop beside the market?

Shop is about right size for their type of operation, don't think back of house is that big in that building either

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
            Which one, the offices up past long hall or the shop beside the market?

Shop is about right size for their type of operation, don't think back of house is that big in that building either
            Up past the Long Hall, shop beside the market is still there

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
              Up past the Long Hall, shop beside the market is still there
              Massively overpriced average food, but should create footfall for the pubs and market!

Comment

Was getting my haircut and something about the clocks changing came up, was kinda amused that the guy didn't realise we'd changed two weeks ago. Joke's on me, it was the US that changed not us.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                  Was getting my haircut and something about the clocks changing came up, was kinda amused that the guy didn't realise we'd changed two weeks ago. Joke's on me, it was the US that changed not us.
                  Sur you and Jack are living on American time anyhu, so I'd just stay as you are if I was you

Comment

Looks like I moved home 6 months late/way way too early

€375K for a live in venue, being turned into a credit union

Would be very easy to do something with it, even in a quiet town

Comment

That's an unreal deal, sure houses in Sligo nearby are going for nearly that much... My friend just bought a house for 320k near there.

And due to planning permission problems loads of houses in sligo are now a fortune. My middle of nowhere family home area is now ridiculously sought after.
                      Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 24-03-18, 17:32.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                        That's an unreal deal, sure houses in Sligo nearby are going for nearly that much... My friend just bought a house for 320k near there.

And due to planning permission problems loads of houses in sligo is now a fortune. My middle of nowhere family home area is now ridiculously sought after.
                        Just re-read it

Licencee in restaurant not affected by sale, I'd want rid of him if I owned it

Still, serious waste!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                            Genuinely concerned for what might happen to the TDS sufferers if StormyDaniels releases a tape and Trump is hung like a horse and has legendary technique.
                            I mean it’s unlikely but you can’t rule it out
                            I think she had already confirmed that is was all boring old man sex.

The weirdest thing to come out do far is apparently Trump confessed a morbid fear of sharks.
                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

...Pretty uneventful running of the boat race this year...Cambridge comfortably winning, was over after 30 seconds...

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                I think she had already confirmed that is was all boring old man sex.

The weirdest thing to come out do far is apparently Trump confessed a morbid fear of sharks.
                                So they have sex with a rich man, then they take money to be quiet
                                & now they are the darlings of the "left" (left my arse!) for selling the story to the media!?

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                  ...Pretty uneventful running of the boat race this year...Cambridge comfortably winning, was over after 30 seconds...
                                  Thought you'd be used to that m8. Wayyyy

Comment

Why are you weirdos reading about Trump having sex?

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post

And due to planning permission problems loads of houses in sligo are now a fortune. My middle of nowhere family home area is now ridiculously sought after.
                                      Christ, depending on the set up, the income off the rent/license for the restaurant would cover most/all mortgage

Comment

Christ, depending on the set up, the income off the rent/license for the restaurant would cover most/all mortgage
                                        I was thinking the fees from the restaurant would make it worth buying alone, plus they most likely have a long lease. It would be hard to fuck up after that, it's right in the centre.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                          Why are you weirdos reading about Trump having sex?
                                          We're obsessed.

Comment

Feeling rough after a late one last night....local takeaway has stopped doing my favourite dish, think I know how Hillary Clinton felt when the election result was announced

Comment

I see the Aussie cricket team have held their hands up to blatant cheating in the test v South Africa, caught on camera tampering with the match ball to try to alter it.

I'm a bit shocked, assumed they'd have completely denied it.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                I see the Aussie cricket team have held their hands up to blatant cheating in the test v South Africa, caught on camera tampering with the match ball to try to alter it.

Such stupidity.
                                                When the English were caught way back at least they had some excuse that ubiquitous hi res cameras were fairly new on the scene.
                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                                  Feeling rough after a late one last night....local takeaway has stopped doing my favourite dish, think I know how Hillary Clinton felt when the election result was announced
                                                  Hungover?

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

They should have started screaming racism, always worked for the Pakistanis!

Comment

I always knew cricket was rigged.
                                                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Spice bag flavour tayto, if you don't mind.

Comment

Nearly 3 in d'mornin.

Where did the night go.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                            You would probably have wasted it anyway.
                                                            Coulda done an hours youtube surfing, missing out.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Grand aul stretch in the evenings.

All the same.

Comment

Good article on guns in the us. Makes the point that isn't mentioned often, to really reduce shootings they would need to go much further than any of the measures proposed.

Comment

Hugely impressive organising and polished presenting from a couple of schoolkids a month after a shooting. They should give it up and start doing operations consulting as its stunning all the complicated tasks etc they have achieved so quickly.

Comment

Yeah Jack, those Evil gun control advocates are clearly operating those children like puppets to further their terrible liberal masterplan of reducing mass shootings. You idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                        https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...tistics-charts

Good article on guns in the us. Makes the point that isn't mentioned often, to really reduce shootings they would need to go much further than any of the measures proposed.
                                                                        I thought Trump's initial reaction to the Florida shooting was interesting. He (in his childlike innocence) questioned why anyone would want to own an assault rifle. He was then brought back into line quicksmart!

Good article.

Comment

Yeah Jack, those Evil gun control advocates are clearly operating those children like puppets to further their terrible liberal masterplan of reducing mass shootings. You idiot.
                                                                          Even if you take the comment at face value...it's still rampant idiocy.

Comment

Comment

George Soros faked the moon landings

Comment

I'm not sure what your getting at but there's no need for personal stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                                                                                  Do you genuinely not see why your comment is disgustingly offensive?

Comment

No do explain.

Comment

Irrespective of tin foil hatism. Those kids are impressive. Seems to me they are driven by a desire not to be shot whilst learning something ending in oo economics in the classroom....anyone anyone? Vodoo. Economics....

Harsh calling Jack an idiot. He's clearly just on the wind up. Call him a bollix instead.

Comment

Snowflake much?

And aaah... there comes a point where there definitely is a need for the personal stuff!

Comment

Jack fwiw, I didn't find your comment disgustingly offensive, I wouldn't have anywhere close to enough respect for your opinion (or existence for that matter) to care what you think!

So... you have that!

Comment

Jack fwiw, I didn't find your comment disgustingly offensive, I wouldn't have anywhere close to enough respect for your opinion (or existence for that matter) to care what you think!

So... you have that!
                                                                                            Duly noted.

Comment

In fairness to Jack, he probably just ctrl-c Ctrl-v'd that from Stormfront or Brietbart thinking it was a a complement to the kids involved and doesn't even have the cop on to understand that its a pisspoor NRA meme pushing some sort of conspiracy theory inferring that the Parkland students had help from people and political organisations whose goal for decades has been to try and prevent the kind of mindless and completely avoidable slaughter their friends suffered.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                In fairness to Jack, he probably just ctrl-c Ctrl-v'd that from Stormfront or Brietbart thinking it was a a complement to the kids involved and doesn't even have the cop on to understand that its a pisspoor NRA meme pushing some sort of conspiracy theory inferring that the Parkland students had help from people and political organisations whose goal for decades has been to try and prevent the kind of mindless and completely avoidable slaughter their friends suffered.
                                                                                                Eh is what he said not exactly correct, they are getting media training, style make overs for the press and are being brought around to speak at rally's that are organised by well funded groups. It would be incredibly bizzare if they were not attached to established organisations.

It is clearly a good thing that they are getting the support. The NRA have been using articulate kids for decades. Just as a side note one of the main speakers was from sandy hook 6 years ago jack. That's not exactly a short turnaround
                                                                                                Last edited by RichieM; 25-03-18, 14:01.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                  This is excellent. Aine Cahill.
                                                                                                  Number 15 in my top 20 of 2017!

Comment

...

Comment

Hugely impressive organising and polished presenting from a couple of schoolkids a month after a shooting. They should give it up and start doing operations consulting as its stunning all the complicated tasks etc they have achieved so quickly.

I think people may be overestimating how hard it is to hire a bus
                                                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                        I think people may be overestimating how hard it is to hire a bus
                                                                                                        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Anyone who thinks kids marching to stop other kids getting shot to death is a negative thing, regardless of how it's funded really needs to take a long hard look at themselves.

Comment

A body has been found in the River Suir while they were searching for the 14 year old Elisha that went missing on Paddy's Day, still unconfirmed that it's her but very sad as it's fairly likely. RIP

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                                              Coming up to 4 weeks post op ? How are things ?Wounds healing ok, how the chest when coughing and the leg ? Have you noticed how loud your heartbeat is when laying on your left ? it seems to lay across a lung and expels air, they remove the sack it hangs in and no need to replace it seemingly.

I go for a full stress every year and this year being my 5 year anniversary, actually 5.5 years but hey, cardiologist sent me for an angio....he likes the $$$

Had it friday, groin this time, much more sore than the twist but they let me go home this time, unlike the last.

Of the 4 grafts i got 3 were 100%, 1 failed, he said thats normal enough, he will review the film and may need to go back in for a tidy up, at most a stent, which today is like a filling so all good !

@Mike, was sad to hear Fabios's wife passed away, she was so young.
                                                                                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                                Anyone who thinks kids marching to stop other kids getting shot to death is a negative thing, regardless of how it's funded really needs to take a long hard look at themselves.
                                                                                                                Your close but I think more accurately.

Anyone who thinks funding shouldn't encouraged for kids marching to stop other kids getting shot to death really needs to take a long hard look at themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                                                  Coming up to 4 weeks post op ? How are things ?Wounds healing ok, how the chest when coughing and the leg ? Have you noticed how loud your heartbeat is when laying on your left ? it seems to lay across a lung and expels air, they remove the sack it hangs in and no need to replace it seemingly.
                                                                                                                  Wounds are healing up fine. Rarely have to cough, though I did sneeze earlier today and that's still quite painful. Hadn't really noticed the loud heartbeat thingy.

Went into town via Dublinbus on Friday for a ramble. Made a few amateur mistakes, like going upstairs on the bus just out of habit. Also ran to catch a bus, which was just plain stupid.
                                                                                                                  Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                                                    Wounds are healing up fine. Rarely have to cough, though I did sneeze earlier today and that's still quite painful. Hadn't really noticed the loud heartbeat thingy.

Went into town via Dublinbus on Friday for a ramble. Made a few amateur mistakes, like going upstairs on the bus just out of habit. Also ran to catch a bus, which was just plain stupid.
                                                                                                                    Slowly, very slowly and still no lifting. I still hold my chest when sneezing.

How are you sleeping ? able to turn at night in the bed ? They gave me a large velcro strap i wore across my chest and it made a big difference in case you are having any issues.

Did you think anyone was out to get you in ICU ? was chatting with one of the nurses friday and she said its a common enough thing ! I was convinced this one nurse was pulling hard at he pee tube everytime she passed just to annoy me, speaking of which....arent they great
                                                                                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Jaysus the woman on Room to Improve is an unreal bitch.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                                        Jaysus the woman on Room to Improve is an unreal bitch.
                                                                                                                        Weapon is the word.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post

I go for a full stress every year and this year being my 5 year anniversary, actually 5.5 years but hey, cardiologist sent me for an angio....he likes the $$$

Had it friday, groin this time, much more sore than the twist but they let me go home this time, unlike the last.

Of the 4 grafts i got 3 were 100%, 1 failed, he said thats normal enough, he will review the film and may need to go back in for a tidy up, at most a stent, which today is like a filling so all good !

@Mike, was sad to hear Fabios's wife passed away, she was so young.
                                                                                                                          Second anniversary of her passing is in August I think. Tough time for the family but they're coping/healing now.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X