Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
      Wow the UK is uber-screwed with May as leader. What a draft country. Deal now off. So what the fuck were they doing agreeing a deal their own government party wouldn't agree to?
      Calling that snap election was thw beginning of the end. How the fuck do you lose seats to Corbyn? Jesus.

Arise Prime Minister BoJo. We might as well get some laughs out of the end game.
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Wow the UK is uber-screwed with May as leader. What a draft country. Deal now off. So what the fuck were they doing agreeing a deal their own government party wouldn't agree to?
        Who would ever expect Ulster to say no.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
            who would have thought the end of the UK would have been brought about by David Cameron putting his dick in a pig's mouth.
            In fairness, he looks an absolute genius now having quit straight away and avoiding this clusterfuck!

Comment

Wonder what lunch was like

The President of the European Commission, Jean-Claude Juncker, was bitch slapping EU leaders, calling Hungarian PM 'dictator' in front of the press at the EU...

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                In the three years since that lunch I'd guess they have forgotten.
                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Trump needs a big distraction...........

The airline’s general manager said crew described seeing the missile “blow up and fall apart”.
                  Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

That was a great contest in UC. Hard on the losers

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                      That was a great contest in UC. Hard on the losers
                      Allison looked like he was going to puke

The standard has been incredible all season, very few starters unanswered again tonight, next round should be amazing.

Comment

Ronan Keating ‘Fairytale Of New York’ Trial Begins At The Hague

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                          Allison looked like he was going to puke

The standard has been incredible all season, very few starters unanswered again tonight, next round should be amazing.
                          They do edit out the missed starters where no one answers or guesses anything sensible.
                          ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

The oul KK fold pre from Lex deep in the Marathon. It went open UTG, 3bet KK, 4bet BB, 5bet Shove. It did stink of Aces but not easy when you're on stream, especially when there was a lot of thrash talk the last round of the table between these guys.

Twitch is the world's leading video platform and community for gamers.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                              They do edit out the missed starters where no one answers or guesses anything sensible.
                              Maybe, at least in the first round that would distort the highest losing scores.

Comment

Maybe, at least in the first round that would distort the highest losing scores.
                                It would appear it’s not as frequent an occurrence as I implied. I misremembered this article it seems. In fairness I doubt it applied to tonight’s episode in light of the quality of both teams.
                                ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                  The oul KK fold pre from Lex deep in the Marathon. It went open UTG, 3bet KK, 4bet BB, 5bet Shove. It did stink of Aces but not easy when you're on stream, especially when there was a lot of thrash talk the last round of the table between these guys.

https://clips.twitch.tv/BenevolentRoundRavenYee
                                  Hes on fire at the moment raking it in from tournys, twitch and donations.
                                  Him folding KK is mad when you watch his normal play. Definetly a feel player.
                                  Serious lay down.

Comment

Some night of cricket. England gave themselves the slimmest of chances. Big breakthrough there for Australia

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                      Some night of cricket. England gave themselves the slimmest of chances. Big breakthrough there for Australia
                                      And another. Root has to score a big hundred here.

Off to Belfast for the day. I shall query them as to what they are doing to that nice Mrs May.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hooch View Post
                                          Hes on fire at the moment raking it in from tournys, twitch and donations.
                                          Him folding KK is mad when you watch his normal play. Definetly a feel player.
                                          Serious lay down.
                                          How did Lex and Tonkaaa finish in the 55? I went to bed with 15 left!

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                            How did Lex and Tonkaaa finish in the 55? I went to bed with 15 left!
                                            Lex didnt make final table, Tonka finished 2d, and the Irish guy ran like a god for 1st

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                              I tried to watch that sketch and had to kill it with fire.
                                              It's not offensive, just painfully unfunny.
                                              Poor SNL, even their trump skits have gone a bit shit
                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Just checking in.
                                                "Gibney might be the greatest hero of our time." (Keane, 2012; Hitchhiker, 2017)

"Frank Gibney, he's my favourite ." (careca, 2012)
                                                "Frank Gibney, he's my favourite." (mikeb, 2017)

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Gibney View Post
                                                  Just checking in.
                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

You'd think that having Scotland, Wales and London all rushing out yesterday morning to stake a claim for a bit of what she had got for the North might have given Arlene a bit of pause for thought.

Comment

You'd think that having Scotland, Wales and London all rushing out yesterday morning to stake a claim for a bit of what she had got for the North might have given Arlene a bit of pause for thought.
                                                      ULSHTER SHEZZ NO
                                                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Reckon the government will be sound and give us all 3k each from the apple money?

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                          Reckon the government will be sound and give us all 3k each from the apple money?
                                                          Has the good bible thought you anything about taking a bite out of the Apple. We'll all be sent to live in Leeds .

If I read a book 10 years ago about this past 10 years I would probably have enjoyed it for its creativity. .

Comment

2 important questions as the January fresh allocation of days approach.

1) Anyone been to Malaga for a stag? Best area to stay?

2) Anyone been to Atlantic City? Best resort to stay?

Comment

Don't go to Atlantic City.

Comment

Malaga it'self or just flying into there? If that's destination airport then stags would most likely end up in Puerto Banus for the nights out. Pyr Hotel there has reasonable rates and has great location. If Malaga city itself then a search of IPB shows CHD isn't a fan.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                  Yeah I've been there. It has all the downsides of Vegas with none of the upsides, and that was fifteen years ago, it's supposed to be worse now.

Comment

Quite enjoyed the kip that was Atlantic City . 24 hour bar and it could have been the hanging gardens of Babylon for all we cared. Wasn't under the boardwalk written about there. ? The 1st one in the US. Vegas though , deffo moving up levels

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                      Will be heading to NYC to see a friend for a few days who wants to go here for 2 nights, will try change to Vegas but think its just the proximity really.

Originally posted by NuckChorris View Post
                                                                      Malaga it'self or just flying into there? If that's destination airport then stags would most likely end up in Puerto Banus for the nights out. Pyr Hotel there has reasonable rates and has great location. If Malaga city itself then a search of IPB shows CHD isn't a fan.
                                                                      No accommodation booked, just flights. Malaga was the decision but they are unsure which of the sounding areas to go for. City is an option but talks of Torremolinos etc.? Would you recommend Peurto Banus? Usual stag antics really.

Comment

Never been into Malaga City itself but been on stags in Puerto Banus, Benalmadena & Fuengirola which would be the 3 most likely destinations i'd guess and id rate them in that order.

Comment

Happy St Nicks day

Comment

Comment

Good luck Hitch the surgeons do these every day and with advancements in medicine be grand. Just hope to fuck they don’t check the liver.

Comment

Sorry to hear that Hitch. Good luck with it all.

Comment

...

Comment

Interesting reading again on the latest Tax defaulters list for Galway poker.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                      It's not offensive, just painfully unfunny.
                                                                                      Poor SNL, even their trump skits have gone a bit shit
                                                                                      Do SNL sketches ever deliver? Rabbit holed into a collection of them on YouTube last night and was surprised at how shit they were.

Comment

Unlucky Hitch, the thought of heart surgery is very daunting. I am currently waiting on my stress test appointment to find out what is up with my ticker. The don't think I have a blockage now but just a narrowed artery and it could be a stent and not a bypass. The thought of the surgery scares the crap out of me!

Glad it was found out, that is the main thing, and you will be grand

Comment

Ugh. Went for the yearly follow up with the cardiologist today (posted around this time last year about being told I have something called aortic regurgitation) and he said I need heart surgery next year. Have some sort of internal echogram in January to determine if it's valve repair or replacement. Replacement seems like a bollix, as needs to be replaced every 15 years or so with another surgery. Am choosing to look on the bright side that I probably would have just died oblivious in Ireland due to not getting anything checked. Bit shitty, but then again it is what it is, and it's not the end of the world.
                                                                                          Too much of this Hitch!

A little brush with mortality is no bad thing. It makes you appreciate the finite time that is left.

Comment

Soundtrack on the RTE Carers docu is pathetic

Comment

Is it just me or does this photo of Arlene look like it's straight out of a scene from Father Ted

Last edited by Lao Lao; 05-12-17, 22:03.

Comment

Ugh. Went for the yearly follow up with the cardiologist today (posted around this time last year about being told I have something called aortic regurgitation) and he said I need heart surgery next year. Have some sort of internal echogram in January to determine if it's valve repair or replacement. Replacement seems like a bollix, as needs to be replaced every 15 years or so with another surgery. Am choosing to look on the bright side that I probably would have just died oblivious in Ireland due to not getting anything checked. Bit shitty, but then again it is what it is, and it's not the end of the world.
                                                                                                As I understand it at your age they probably wouldn't put in a bovine valve. They should put in something a bit more permanent.

Hopefully repair is a practical option!
                                                                                                May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Borgada in Atlantic City,i went to New York last year and went there for a 3 nights, its a class hotel. Much nicer than anything else there.
                                                                                                  sigpic
                                                                                                  Longshotvalue.com

Comment

it's beyond parody at this stage.
                                                                                                    Remember I said we're bringing Christmas back? Christmas is back, bigger and better than ever before. We're bringing Christmas back.
                                                                                                    and I have to say, really -- talk about a very special guy that I made Secretary of the Interior. Does he know the interior. He's knows it, he loves it. He loves seeing it and riding on it.
                                                                                                    all part of a speech selling off national parks

Comment

I see Tom McGurk on the list of tax defaulters?

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                        I see Tom McGurk on the list of tax defaulters?
                                                                                                        He's some thick prick that lad.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                          https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press...t-designations

it's beyond parody at this stage.

all part of a speech selling off national parks
                                                                                                          Guy was an interior decorator, killed 16 Czechoslovakians
                                                                                                          "Gibney might be the greatest hero of our time." (Keane, 2012; Hitchhiker, 2017)

"Frank Gibney, he's my favourite ." (careca, 2012)
                                                                                                          "Frank Gibney, he's my favourite." (mikeb, 2017)

Comment

He's some thick prick that lad.
                                                                                                            And his production company lumped in another 160k.
                                                                                                            Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

...

Comment

Hitch you survived the celebrity cull of 2016 . A cheeky minor heart op and you'll be good as new . Just in case though perhaps do a well. (Yes a well not a will) :-)

Comment

Yeah, that's a bit shitty alright, good way of looking at it though.
                                                                                                                  The wife's cousin had 3 valve replacements over a 25 year period, he came over here to celebrate his 40th this year, he's the picture of health and it's not due to "healthy living", drinks like a fish and eats crap, doesn't exercise much. Funny when it's quiet you can hear the valve pumping away. Takes blood thinners and an annual check up and he's good. He had them all done in the Netherlands by the way, his dad is Dutch and they didn't trust the Irish health service either.

Comment

We should probably all say our goodbyes to hitch now just in case?

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

WTF??!!! Haven't been able to get to sleep properly for about six months due to the highly disconcerting beating of the current normal-ish heart, and you're saying with a replacement valve you can actually hear the mechanics pumping away?! ffs.
                                                                                                                          Ah it'll be an interesting talking point at dinner parties, quiet everyone, listen to my false valve pumping away, hopefully it's not made by Renault, their parts are notoriously unreliable.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X