Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

It's not the 1970s. Production and reserves are at all time highs. We've a massive overhang of inventory. The biggest risk to the oil supply is that the massive cuts in exploration and other investments will come back to haunt us. The price of oil is based on its scarcity, that's why we went from $120 -> $30.

I'd be far more worried about the material for building all these batteries.
      Last edited by Denny Crane; 08-12-17, 11:45.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
        And another thing!

Men who can dance well are intrinsicly untrustworthy.
        Jealous
        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

DUP Meme wot Andys mate posted on facebook.
          SPOILER

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Hydrogen will power air travel in the future. Easyjet already use it for taxiing in some aircraft. Also, I'm posting this from a plane. What a time to be alive.

Comment

What a time to be Aliveeeeeeerffffffffkkkkkkkkkkk

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                    What a time to be Aliveeeeeeerffffffffkkkkkkkkkkk
                    Should be noted that I'm not flying said plane.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                      Yeah, there's no foreseeable shortage of oil as Denny said. The issue is its fairly horrific for the environment, but suppose we've got to get coal out first.
                      We have used more than half of it and they aren't really making any new.

I guess thats what economics sees as the foreseeable future... anything beyond the next quarter's profits doesn't really feature
                      Last edited by Strewelpeter; 08-12-17, 12:51.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                          We have used more than half of it and they aren't really making any new.

I guess thats what economics sees as the foreseeable future... anything beyond the next quarter's profits doesn't really feature
                          don't think you're right there.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                            Intel shares straight to the moon
                            Xilinx are the main FPGA dudes.
                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                Xilinx are the main FPGA dudes.
                                Xilinx and Altera have a comparable market share. Would think Altera will make major gains in these sorts of applications over the next ten years, lots of interesting combinations at play particularly with an Irish company Intel just bought that do machine learning chips.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                  Anyone been to Peruke restaurant in Dawson's st. Reports? Group of us for new year

Risky name with the word puke in it.
                                  Amazing cocktails. No idea about food.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                    Hydrogen will power air travel in the future. Easyjet already use it for taxiing in some aircraft. Also, I'm posting this from a plane. What a time to be alive.
                                    Oh the humanity..

Comment

Seems the US is about to knowingly elect a peadophile into senate office next week, according to current polls. All with the purpose of reformulating the US supreme court around a principle that what some dudes said a few hundred years ago makes sense forever and ever. Hard to work out whats going on in anyone's heads there.
                                      The gist of this one seems to be "yes, he's a paedophile but he's our paedophile!"

Although Alabama isn't really America is it.
                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

The gist of this one seems to be "yes, he's a paedophile but he's our paedophile!"

that's a matter of perspective really.
                                        Outside the coastal "elites" there is a huge about of fucking idiots, including them as well tbf

Comment

"Better a paedo than a democrat" seems to be the mantra. Shows how far the country is divided, probably unrecoverably so.
                                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                            that's a matter of perspective really.
                                            Outside the coastal "elites" there is a huge about of fucking idiots, including them as well tbf
                                            shut it you liberal fascist elitist

bet you eat with cutlery you communist! Probably think sick people should be treated by the State!!

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                              Yeah. Starting to regret this whole thing
                                              Two 10kg carry on and muggins here will strap another, 10kgs for the wee one.
                                              Hmmmm
                                              I came to the UK for a week with the youngest, I have two of the grey bags in the picture below. They are called Maximum capacity hand luggage, I had 1 weeks clothes for each of us in one bag and a half full bag when I came. I got mine in shop in the north but I ordered ones for my parents and they came to Malta in apr/may for 2.5 weeks with just one each. I use a laptop bag as well instead of a handbag.

They are excellent and better than any case that is hard backed. Heavy duty canvas and as light as anything.

Got Lappin's missus to get them and she was just sorry she only got one at the time as she found it great too.

And fk Lanza! visit Malta

Comment

Really entertaining first half between Glasgow and Montpellier

Am far more pissed off than I should be that Leinster game is on BT had wangled my way out of doing something I was booked for on Sunday

Comment

Comment

My sister, who is around 22/23, recommended the blindboy podcasts. Are they worth a listen in general, or just good for someone her age?
                                                    In general
                                                    airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                      In general
                                                      +1

Great stuff.
                                                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

At a party in Stockholm riddled with guitar wankers. Also riddled with wine so neutral over all.

Comment

Would there be any interest in this, a competition spanning the year and multi sports?
                                                          Would be thinking to expand it to 40 events (currently at 35) and €40 a head (maybe over optimistic), with entries probably the first week in January. Total points wins.

If any obvious events missed or scoring flaws then shoot (another December event might be good).

SPOILER

Comment

im in for this AJ, but would prefer having horse racing out of it( yes i know we all like the ponies) also idea here, how about bonus rounds for UFC/boxing cards ? since we dont know what each card is could be fun. im in either way horses or not but think having something like above might add to the sweat ?

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                              At a party in Stockholm riddled with guitar wankers. Also riddled with wine so neutral over all.
                                                              Ask them to play some Abba numbers

Comment

Originally posted by chips1234 View Post
                                                                im in for this AJ, but would prefer having horse racing out of it( yes i know we all like the ponies) also idea here, how about bonus rounds for UFC/boxing cards ? since we dont know what each card is could be fun. im in either way horses or not but think having something like above might add to the sweat ?
                                                                I know little about UFC but would something like "Who will be UFC heavyweight champion on 31st December" work? Like is it open enough that theres 7 or 8 plausible answers but also not completely impossible. (And crucially not open to argument like it would be in boxing)

Comment

Literally asked in an offie for their cheapest bottle of gin. They had this Two Trees for €18. A bit bland, but not as horrific as I feared http://www.celticwhiskeyshop.com/two-trees-gin
                                                                  Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

That's a popular enough thing for sports clubs to raise funds AJ. Simple and easy to run too. In for it if it goes ahead

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                      Would there be any interest in this, a competition spanning the year and multi sports?
                                                                      Would be thinking to expand it to 40 events (currently at 35) and €40 a head (maybe over optimistic), with entries probably the first week in January. Total points wins.

If any obvious events missed or scoring flaws then shoot (another December event might be good).

SPOILER

Looks good AJ. Would like to put a deadline on selections, and maybe check the markets for each one, and people are only allowed pick a max of 10 favourites or something like that. Just to keep in varied as much as possible and not have everything lumping in the faves for every event they don't know a lot about. Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                        Looks good AJ. Would like to put a deadline on selections, and maybe check the markets for each one, and people are only allowed pick a max of 10 favourites or something like that. Just to keep in varied as much as possible and not have everything lumping in the faves for every event they don't know a lot about. Thoughts?
                                                                        Cheers, I think the natural deadline is 9pm Saturday 6th January when the NFL knockout playoffs start, Any entries after that would have an advantage so a no-no. Theres no Heineken Cup rugby that weekend which is ideal so no-one can gain extra info. So all 40 selections in by that evening.

Possibility of being able to change a max of 2 selections over the year (at least 14 days before the event starts). Your thoughts on that?

Re favourites - I'm happy that the majority of the events are open enough that theres at least 3 or 4 serious contenders so everyone won't be on the same selection or doing fav hunting. e.g., the icehockey and baseball which I know zilch about are 7/1 the field which is perfect. Would have definite worries about the F1, GAA football AI winners, darts and cycling being near unanimous choices though. Likely to drop the basketball as its got a 4/7 fav.
                                                                        I'll think about a limit to the amount of favs you can pick, but don't want to make it too tricky to put in an entry.

Comment

Now would be a really good time to win the euromillions you could completely pass it off as you cashing out of bitcoin because you’re such a shrewdie.

Comment

Likely to drop the basketball as its got a 4/7 fav.
                                                                            No way the Rockets are ready pounce. The Cavs by end of January will be firing with Isaiah back and a fit LeBron of course.
                                                                            Celtics leading the east and already showed how to beat Golden State with a great defense.
                                                                            Golden state have lost 6 games so far nothing to worry about but at 4/7 ain't real value.

With regards picking favorites I see no problem in picking as many as people want. Just look at the categories for the last two years and see how many favorites have won each of them.

My only concern is the scoring I'd be inclined to score all events the same with more than just a 2 or 3 points to a winning selection.

Also if run count me in.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                              Now would be a really good time to win the euromillions you could completely pass it off as you cashing out of bitcoin because you’re such a shrewdie.
                                                                              Time for a IPB syndicate again??

Comment

I know little about UFC but would something like "Who will be UFC heavyweight champion on 31st December" work? Like is it open enough that theres 7 or 8 plausible answers but also not completely impossible. (And crucially not open to argument like it would be in boxing)
                                                                                That would work. There will be a clear champ in a given division on the 31st next year. HW would probably be less open than other divisions though. There's only really 4 possibilities and 2 would be much more likely.

Featherweight, Lightweight, Welterweight and Middle would be more open imo.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                      That would work. There will be a clear champ in a given division on the 31st next year. HW would probably be less open than other divisions though. There's only really 4 possibilities and 2 would be much more likely.

Featherweight, Lightweight, Welterweight and Middle would be more open imo.
                                                                                      in for what mellor says, and yeah no need for boxing i think.

im in 100%

Comment

No Royal Rumble? What is this!
                                                                                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooch View Post
                                                                                          No way the Rockets are ready pounce. The Cavs by end of January will be firing with Isaiah back and a fit LeBron of course.
                                                                                          Celtics leading the east and already showed how to beat Golden State with a great defense.
                                                                                          Golden state have lost 6 games so far nothing to worry about but at 4/7 ain't real value.
                                                                                          .
                                                                                          The Warriors haven't been firing on all cylinders but they're far and away the most talented team in past number of years arguably the most talented ever.

4/7 looks a fair representation given nobody around them has got any stronger with the exception of the Rockets adding CP3. They'll be a 1/3 shot vs Cavs and maybe 1/4 vs Celtics. They lost 1 game in the whole playoffs last year.

That said i think NBA is worth including as there will definitely be interest in the likes of the Cavs and Celtics so it wont be everyone picking the Warriors
                                                                                          Last edited by Guest; 09-12-17, 10:13.

Comment

Reading this while YouTubing playthroughs of each game the guys developed as it occurs in the book. It's something else the genius they introduced so quickly.
                                                                                            Doom shaped my whole career path. I got my hands on a shareware cd version of it while in secondary school. The geography room computer didnt have enough RAM to run it so i took in a screwdriver and disassembled a little used pc from.school library and combined the RAM from it (8mb IIRC) Only got into trouble when some snitch touted on me for playing Wolfenstein cos he saw the Nazi flags on screen. My protests that i was fighting against Nazis fell on deaf ears from the Christian Brothers. Get paid nowadays for similar lateral thinking about making good use of tech resources
                                                                                            Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                            https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                                                                                              The Warriors haven't been firing on all cylinders but they're far and away the most talented team in past number of years arguably the most talented ever.

4/7 looks a fair representation given nobody around them has got any stronger with the exception of the Rockets adding CP3. They'll be a 1/3 shot vs Cavs and maybe 1/4 vs Celtics. They lost 1 game in the whole playoffs last year.

That said i think NBA is worth including as there will definitely be interest in the likes of the Cavs and Celtics so it wont be everyone picking the Warriors
                                                                                              Totally agree.
                                                                                              But I just feel Thompson and KD are not even half way to peak. KD was totally owned at OKC where he was fully pumped up ready to go. Thompson's 3s not as clean shot 20% in 3 games that I can remember.
                                                                                              Curry despite playing very good has been having more ankle problems which I'm sure gives him nightmares after all his surgeries. Also did you know he's a scratch golfer.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooch View Post
                                                                                                Totally agree.
                                                                                                But I just feel Thompson and KD are not even half way to peak. KD was totally owned at OKC where he was fully pumped up ready to go. Thompson's 3s not as clean shot 20% in 3 games that I can remember.
                                                                                                Curry despite playing very good has been having more ankle problems which I'm sure gives him nightmares after all his surgeries. Also did you know he's a scratch golfer.

I agree most notably is probably KDs win shares p/48 Is down.
                                                                                                That said the disconnect between NBA regular season and post season has always been evident but that gulf imo and from a statistical standpoint is growing.
                                                                                                Playoffs is more about match ups given the games are over 7 games so regular season statistics are hard use to use to forecast performance.
                                                                                                Take the Celtics with Horford, he is an advanced metric golden boy in the regular season but matches up terribly in the post season.
                                                                                                Bucks for example are a minus +/- team currently but they're the longest team in the league and have a defensive scheme that although has it's flaws in based as trapping and changing the ability to adjust is key.

Yeah his father Dell was an NBA player too and they lived on a golf course. He played a web.com tour event last season
                                                                                                Last edited by Guest; 09-12-17, 11:23.

Comment

...

Comment

Ronnie just plays a different game to the rest of them when he's on form.

Comment

Here's a bit of a glance of what's next in apps and the death-knell for a whole lot of TV. HQ Trivia. Twice daily live gameshow that everyone can take part in to win prizes. That's going to be huge once they release the android version in a week or two.
                                                                                                      I can see myself wastig time on that.
                                                                                                      Way back when, there was a game called cosmos conundrum that was a straight up trivia game that was free to enter and gave out cash prizes. It went on for about a year or two and the leaderboard was the same regs week after week, speed of connection we are talking about a time when 28.8Kb modem was beating a 14.4 ) I used to play for an hour or two every evening finishing weekly table in top five and then a cheque would arrive in the post from the UK the next week for between £120 up to £300 if you won the week.
                                                                                                      It was dot com boom time and they had been sold to some big web publishing company but there were never more than a few hundred users online at any time, obviously way ahead of their time.

Comment

Went home with a girl after my Christmas party last night , not from work thankfully, but she got freaked out by my vast collection of shoes. Was close to leaving.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                              Went home with a girl after my Christmas party last night , not from work thankfully, but she got freaked out by my vast collection of shoes. Was close to leaving.
                                                                                                              ...Pics or GTFO... If not of woman, the shoes will do...I had my Xmas party last night, sadly I went home alone 😓...

Comment

I went home from mine with my dignity for the first time in a number of years.
                                                                                                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

LOL Chris Ashton has just about scored the first ever own try in Rugby
                                                                                                                  gif to follow

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                    LOL Chris Ashton has just about scored the first ever own try in Rugby
                                                                                                                    gif to follow
                                                                                                                    Really entertaining game overall

Comment

...

Comment

Here's a bit of a glance of what's next in apps and the death-knell for a whole lot of TV. HQ Trivia. Twice daily live gameshow that everyone can take part in to win prizes. That's going to be huge once they release the android version in a week or two.
                                                                                                                        There was some scandal or some such about that guy last week.
                                                                                                                        The holding company threatened to fire Scott for doing an unapproved interview
                                                                                                                        The trivia app has become a sensation on the app store and a darling for media prognosticators. Its CEO threatened to fire its star host for talking to us about salad.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                                          I went home from mine with my dignity for the first time in a number of years.
                                                                                                                          Ditto.
                                                                                                                          Was almost disappointed in myself this morning

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X