Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
    Going to have to break out the bbq for the weekend in honour of it being the first 20+ degrees weekend. Gather its going to be excellent in Dub too.

My current bbq skills involving putting things over fire and taking them off the fire when they turn blackish and unswallowably dry.

Anyone have any useful hints to move me out of the 'don't let that guy near a bbq' category? The wife was around at a bbq when back in Dublin and the guy was an absolute boss at it. Can't really spend any money on equipment so maybe more if you have recipes that work wonders, particularly good cuts of meat that respond well, marinades to keep things succulent.
    Oleras is the man you need!

charcoal or gas bbq?

Have some house guests this weekend and planning on making chicken skewers amongst other . Use chicken thigh meat and its hard to dry them out too much.
    The kids love eating the meat from the wooden skewers as well.

Shop bought teriyaki sauce is fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
      It's amazing how things work. heading up a club two weeks and then I was old antagonistic poker self in a meeting and out of a job. So i enjoyed the sunshine and beaches of Portugal, visited my friend in bath had beers with my dog as my missus is in america.

I decided to see what was out there for me to do and had an interview yesterday and nailed it. Starting next week I will be coaching international rugby from senior level down to some junior stuff.
      Congrats.. What country?

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Thigh meat could be one of those big improvements. Normally use chicken breast, which might be why it dries out. The local park has bbq pits, where you turn up with your charcoal and something like the below, so its quite low tech albeit handy.
          Keep it simple so. Leave an area on the side with no coals so you can move meat there is its cooking too fast .

Just back from a ski holiday in Finland where lunch everyday was grilled sausages.. very forgiving if overcooked also.

Comment

Thigh meat could be one of those big improvements. Normally use chicken breast, which might be why it dries out. The local park has bbq pits, where you turn up with your charcoal and something like the below, so its quite low tech albeit handy.

in that case marinade some chicken breasts and legs in a simple jerk sauce or whatever takes your fancy (if you don't want to make your own buy the premade ones, nandos or reggae...). put meat and sauce in a zip lock back and massage the chicken every so often.

pre cook everything in the oven, sausages included, then you get to the pit and just cook for 5- 10 minutes to heat through and give them a nice bit of color

Comment

Mrs decided to "accidentally" flip the latch on last night. Finally got in the door 20 mins ago after multiple taxi rides to and from the 24 hour bar/poker in Citywest. Seemingly if id brought my car key i could have slept there....

Comment

Can recommend Hitches park for bbqaments (mainly because it has a cafe you sneak off to and eat non-burned food )
                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                  Not sure at what point in time every cat gif made me think of P&F over Tara.

Everytime I see a cat gif I am tempted to post a picture of a dog with a cat head in mouth...
                  No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Comment

Am I the only one who is transfixed whenever Sarah McInerney speaks (Newstalk 4pm). What a musical accent. I’ve no idea what she looks like but she’d deffo get nailed for the voice alone.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeHunt View Post
                        Am I the only one who is transfixed whenever Sarah McInerney speaks (Newstalk 4pm). What a musical accent. I’ve no idea what she looks like but she’d deffo get nailed for the voice alone.
                        In my early 20's I worked in a place in Glasgow that manufactured ceramic sanitaryware. There was a customer in Bolton called Carl. Now he had the VOICE, silky, amazing, could listen to all day. Visually pictured what he looked like. Handsome, slender...

Roll on a few years and they come to the factory. Carl comes. He was this big heavy fella, not pleasant to the eye at all. Was so disappointed.

It was after a few months that the visual picture receded in my mind and the old picture surfaced when I spoke with him.

So you best not meet her, you might be terribly disappointed

Comment

Originally posted by MikeHunt View Post

There you go

Comment

Do you have residence there or going to have to hustle to find another job for a visa?
                            I'm grand on that front. Citizen and all now.
                            Considering spending some extra time in Thailand training

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                                  Congrats.. What country?
                                  Portugal. The senior team plays Belgium May 20th to get into the "b" six nations, the under 20's are going to Uruguay in august to play in the trophy tournament where the winner gets into next years world under 20's championship. Got a good chance of winning both

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                    I'm grand on that front. Citizen and all now.
                                    Considering spending some extra time in Thailand training
                                    What part of Thailand?

Have a week break coming up... thinking of going to Thailand again.
                                    No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Singapore worth visiting? There are 400 euro RT flights from lisbon there in september and october.

Comment

Singapore worth visiting? There are 400 euro RT flights from lisbon there in september and october.
                                        No.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                          Confirmed smitten . Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                            No.
                                            worth flying there and then getting a connecting flight somewhere else? Hong Kong is also 450 RT

Comment

I was registering with the Shakespeare Globe website to buy tickets and no simple Title Mr or Mrs options for them, this is their list...

SPOILER
                                              Mr
                                              Mrs
                                              Miss
                                              Ms
                                              Dr
                                              Sir
                                              Lord
                                              Lady
                                              Dame
                                              Prof
                                              Air Commodore
                                              Baroness
                                              Brigadier
                                              Cannon
                                              Capt
                                              Cmdr
                                              Colonel
                                              Count
                                              Countess
                                              Judge
                                              Lt
                                              Madame
                                              Marquess
                                              Prince
                                              Princess
                                              Rev
                                              Bishop
                                              Duke
                                              Viscount
                                              Viscountess

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                I was registering with the Shakespeare Globe website to buy tickets and no simple Title Mr or Mrs options for them, this is their list...

SPOILER
                                                Mr
                                                Mrs
                                                Miss
                                                Ms
                                                Dr
                                                Sir
                                                Lord
                                                Lady
                                                Dame
                                                Prof
                                                Air Commodore
                                                Baroness
                                                Brigadier
                                                Cannon
                                                Capt
                                                Cmdr
                                                Colonel
                                                Count
                                                Countess
                                                Judge
                                                Lt
                                                Madame
                                                Marquess
                                                Prince
                                                Princess
                                                Rev
                                                Bishop
                                                Duke
                                                Viscount
                                                Viscountess
                                                Mr isn't broken down into "cis" and "trans" ? Fucking ridiculous. Sick even
                                                airport, lol

Comment

Comment

Portugal. The senior team plays Belgium May 20th to get into the "b" six nations, the under 20's are going to Uruguay in august to play in the trophy tournament where the winner gets into next years world under 20's championship. Got a good chance of winning both
                                                    How's your Portuguese? I've been seeing a Brazilian girl for a few months and decided I might as well learn a bit. It's quite similar to Spanish in some ways. Thinking of heading over for a couple of weeks later in the year.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                      How's your Portuguese? I've been seeing a Brazilian girl for a few months and decided I might as well learn a bit. It's quite similar to Spanish in some ways. Thinking of heading over for a couple of weeks later in the year.
                                                      Brazilian portuguese and portuguese here is different in a lot of ways. I am okay in relation to food, drink and paying bills. pretty good at rugby lingo and commands but cannot express myself in a way that would acceptable in society. very caveman esque.

I live at the end of a good, the bad & the ugly type village of about 10 houses, 6 cows and 4 sheep and don't interact with anyone except my dog these days. He finds it difficult to sustain a conversation in portuguese so not much help there

Comment

Comment

Tickets for general public, Munster Saracens SF go on sale at 2pm.

Comment

SPOILER
                                                            Mr
                                                            Mrs
                                                            Miss
                                                            Ms
                                                            Dr
                                                            Sir
                                                            Lord
                                                            Lady
                                                            Dame
                                                            Prof
                                                            Air Commodore
                                                            Baroness
                                                            Brigadier
                                                            Cannon
                                                            Capt
                                                            Cmdr
                                                            Colonel
                                                            Count
                                                            Countess
                                                            Judge
                                                            Lt
                                                            Madame
                                                            Marquess
                                                            Prince
                                                            Princess
                                                            Rev
                                                            Bishop
                                                            Duke
                                                            Viscount
                                                            Viscountess
                                                            What did you select? 'Count' imo.

Comment

Comment

The Venerable
                                                                IMO
                                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Heading for singapore in june, that infinity pool in marina bay sands swayed me. A few mates have told me 3 days plenty so heading to Bali after. Did similar with bangkok/khao lak and i liked the intinerary a lot. A different league of money compared to Bangkok must admit tho
                                                                  Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                  https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                                                                    Heading for singapore in june, that infinity pool in marina bay sands swayed me. A few mates have told me 3 days plenty so heading to Bali after. Did similar with bangkok/khao lak and i liked the intinerary a lot. A different league of money compared to Bangkok must admit tho
                                                                    she just informed me we have a wedding to go to in new orleans so it's out for now.

Comment

Well there wasn't an option for 'peasant'. I would have chosen Air Commodore but for the fear that collecting the tickets at the box office would result in my ending up at the Tower of London.

Comment

When I was working for RBS the list of titles available for most bank brands was reasonably normal, but Coutts had all the above type of ones. I'd imagine they were as widely used amongst that client base as the normal ones.

Comment

SPOILER
                                                                          Mr
                                                                          Mrs
                                                                          Miss
                                                                          Ms
                                                                          Dr
                                                                          Sir
                                                                          Lord
                                                                          Lady
                                                                          Dame
                                                                          Prof
                                                                          Air Commodore
                                                                          Baroness
                                                                          Brigadier
                                                                          Cannon
                                                                          Capt
                                                                          Cmdr
                                                                          Colonel
                                                                          Count
                                                                          Countess
                                                                          Judge
                                                                          Lt
                                                                          Madame
                                                                          Marquess
                                                                          Prince
                                                                          Princess
                                                                          Rev
                                                                          Bishop
                                                                          Duke
                                                                          Viscount
                                                                          Viscountess
                                                                          Once had to populate one of these lists for a major UK University. They're missing "Most Reverend".
                                                                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                            Once had to populate one of these lists for a major UK University. They're missing "Most Reverend".
                                                                            Genuinely had a discussion with one of the administrators about whether to include "HRH".

SPOILER
                                                                            They did not.
                                                                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Earl isn't there either. I mean, what to do if an Earl? Do you try to blag an upgrade to a Marquess, or demean yourself with a downgrade to a common or garden Viscount? It's a shit show!

Comment

Earl isn't there either. I mean, what to do if an Earl? Do you try to blag an upgrade to a Marquess, or demean yourself with a downgrade to a common or garden Viscount? It's a shit show!
                                                                                Have your footman burn down the theatre.

Comment

I've had a very weird hankering to play live poker the last few weeks but circumstances have prevented me. Tonight looks to be the night.

I presume City West is the place to be for cash action?

Comment

Brazilian portuguese and portuguese here is different in a lot of ways. I am okay in relation to food, drink and paying bills. pretty good at rugby lingo and commands but cannot express myself in a way that would acceptable in society. very caveman esque.
                                                                                    Yeah I'm constantly being reminded of that by herself when I'm using duolingo. She's from Sao Paulo so I'll probably never be able to speak to anyone in Portugal . Puta que pariu is my new favourite curse.
                                                                                    Last edited by coillcam; 07-04-17, 15:22.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                                      The place that had ten cash tables including a 10/25 PLO at half nine on a Wednesday morning... I'd guess so

I've been out a few times, its quite amazing what JP and the lads have done there, fair play!
                                                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

My tesco card says HRH
                                                                                        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                                          I've had a very weird hankering to play live poker the last few weeks but circumstances have prevented me. Tonight looks to be the night.

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                          The place that had ten cash tables including a 10/25 PLO at half nine on a Wednesday morning... I'd guess so

I've been out a few times, its quite amazing what JP and the lads have done there, fair play!
                                                                                          There was 59 cash tables at 4am this morning. Crazy!

Comment

Lowry

Comment

I enjoyed it. The gardens by the bay are absolutely spectacular but I wouldn't spend 450 for return flights just specially to visit it.

Comment

Just watched Trevor Noah on netflix. He talks about british people complaining about immigrants coming to the country, not being british, , bringing their own culture, trying to take over, speaking their own language etc. Sounds british to him

Comment

Originally posted by cooker3 View Post
                                                                                                  I enjoyed it. The gardens by the bay are absolutely spectacular but I wouldn't spend 450 for return flights just specially to visit it.
                                                                                                  Found return flights to St. Petersburg for 140 so looking at that.

Comment

Must be a Shrapnel post terror attack bargain special
                                                                                                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

oooh that is a damn good price.

I am returning to NZ, all going well, this year so trying to pick the cheapest route that will allow me some nice stopovers. I like idea of Amsterdam, Istanbul and somewhere in Eastern Europe maybe the Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia part or perhaps pushing into Asia and going Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan.

Comment

Originally posted by cooker3 View Post
                                                                                                        oooh that is a damn good price.

I am returning to NZ, all going well, this year so trying to pick the cheapest route that will allow me some nice stopovers. I like idea of Amsterdam, Istanbul and somewhere in Eastern Europe maybe the Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia part or perhaps pushing into Asia and going Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan.
                                                                                                        working or just hanging out?

Comment

working or just hanging out?
                                                                                                          NZ is working. The rest is all travel.

Comment

Mia's guitar lesson last night, was starting to learn to pluck or whatever it's called. So she was given a song, it's old.
                                                                                                            I'm hoping someone can guess it to give her a boost. It's very short and her fingers are sore. So do your best for me please if ye need a clue if she that bad I'll give one lol #poorchild

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                                                                                            Last edited by SatNav; 07-04-17, 21:46.
                                                                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

Sale agreed on a gaff. Still a few slips twixt nip and clit but with any luck we move in on my birthday. Just 67k over the asking price. It's carnage out there. If you're a homeowner already then congratulations on your new found wealth.

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                                                                Mia's guitar lesson last night, was starting to learn to pluck or whatever it's called. So she was given a song, it's old.
                                                                                                                I'm hoping someone can guess it to give her a boost. It's very short and her fingers are sore. So do your best for me please if ye need a clue if she that bad I'll give one lol #poorchild

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMKFhqaofe4]
                                                                                                                SPOILER
                                                                                                                More than words - Extreme?

Hard to make out tbh, but great that she's sticking with it.

Comment

Sale agreed on a gaff. Still a few slips twixt nip and clit but with any luck we move in on my birthday. Just 67k over the asking price. It's carnage out there. If you're a homeowner already then congratulations on your new found wealth.
                                                                                                                  I signed contracts on a place today after doing the sale agreed bit and auctioneer deposit on Dec 21st. Stressful enough experience overall as think sellers were trying to get out with way market was going and few good developments announced in area over last few months. Think its locked now though, pity you can't just buy them online like most stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                                    SPOILER
                                                                                                                    More than words - Extreme?

Hard to make out tbh, but great that she's sticking with it.
                                                                                                                    Clue is there is a colour in name of band.
                                                                                                                    When I listen to acoustic version, im really happy with it
                                                                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                                                                      Clue is there is a colour in name of band.
                                                                                                                      When I listen to acoustic version, im really happy with it
                                                                                                                      If it's simply red then I absolutely hate them so don't want to try and get one of their tunes in my head

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                                        If it's simply red then I absolutely hate them so don't want to try and get one of their tunes in my head
                                                                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

New build houses are so much easier in that regard, plus have the advantage of not costing a million quid a year to heat.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X