Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Keane View Post
    Have just gotten sorted with an apartment in Limerick and we're due to move in about three weeks' time and honestly it seems like the perfect time to get out - couldn't be happier about it.
    What area did you go for ? city center ? The Strand seem to have some nice ones.
    This too shall pass.

Comment

Things in Ireland I haven't seen (among many others):

Book of Kells
      Giants Causeway
      Cliffs of Moher
      Newgrange

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
        While Dublin isn't perfect, I don't think I could live anywhere else in Ireland. I absolutely love to head out to the west of Ireland, but for a long weekend or maybe a week, I couldn't live there full time. The buzz and hum of the city will always draw me back and despite some of the problems it has, it's a class city. In fact, it's not really a city, it's a large town that acts like a city but it's brilliant.

Outside of Ireland, I'm not sure where I'd want to live. For a time, I would have lived in Australia, now it is too far from family and friends for me which is probably more abut my age than anything else. I absolutely adore New York but I don't think I could work and live, I could only live there if I was wealthy enough not to have to work and if that was the case, I probably still be tax resident in Ireland and travel the world a lot. The UK doesn't appeal to me at all. London would be the only real option and I had a chance to move there a while back and after weighing it all up, it just didn't add up for me

Paris or Madrid may be a viable option but the language barrier could be a problem (albeit initially) on the work front. Outside of that, Europe wise, I could only see myself in the south of France or Italy.

Toronto would probably be a good fit and a compromise on wanting a New York type lifestyle with not as much chaos

Either way, no matter where I'd end up, if I did ever leave, I know I would miss Dublin and Ireland a lot and would want to be coming back fairly often.
        Too wet, too cold, too expensive. I can see the appeal of Dublin for people for sure but I can't see myself going back. I also love Toronto but the winters would put me right off it.
        Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
          Lao Lao has clearly given this much thought.
          I actually think about it every so often, and not even just on a where I want to live note but also from a 'what kind of lifestyle I want' point of view although I am aware, the two things are very closely interlinked

The absolute dream is the south of France and own/run a small vineyard obvs

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
              Too wet, too cold, too expensive. I can see the appeal of Dublin for people for sure but I can't see myself going back. I also love Toronto but the winters would put me right off it.
              I see photos of people I know that moved to Canada, Damo being one of them. No matter how good the summer is, 5 months of that cold is just mental! the amount of snow shoveling required is too much to think about.

I couldn't see the appeal of living in Dublin with a family. Things are expensive enough these days without trying to keep a family of five going! Donegal was much cheaper to live and a more relaxed way of living.
              I liked visiting Dublin, but that is all, just a visit.

Comment

Comment

I don't buy into the too wet and too cold, we have a very moderate climate, I think it's more than we can be a nation of bemoaners that feeds this at times

It can be expensive, no doubt about that but there are a multitude of things that you can do either cheaply or free with a tiny bit of effort, planning and imagination

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                    It is a conundrum to find a better country! Nearly every country has either painful taxes, painful people, or painful distances. The French having the first problem on that list. We're thinking Switzerland for next year, but there's a very short list of viable candidate countries.
                    we almost moved to Mexico city this year. Would definitely have been an exciting change!

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                      What area did you go for ? city center ? The Strand seem to have some nice ones.
                      We're just across the road from the Strand hotel. It's a two bed apartment in an older development - it's nothing too fancy but the location is great and the price is quite good.

Curragower as a local is a wonderful prospect.

Comment

It is a conundrum to find a better country! Nearly every country has either painful taxes, painful people, or painful distances. The French having the first problem on that list. We're thinking Switzerland for next year, but there's a very short list of viable candidate countries.
                        This is it exactly, every country has good and bad things. I visit dublin and get that sense of wonder but it wears off pretty quickly. Maybe because of my mental health while living there years ago i associate a lot more bad things. When I go to visit dallas i still get that sense of amazement at the size of it leaving the airport, the smell in the air illicits positive thoughts and memories. I love the idea of reinvention and going somewhere new and being able to do thing's that were never possible before.

I don't think taxes are an issue, for me it's about perceived value, i wouldn't pay a euro in taxes to the colombian government but have no problem paying a lot more to live in Norway where my sister is.

We are trying to balance work with quality of life for the future. Cities we are looking into are Seville, Brussels/Anrwerp and Bath. Also have to discuss moving to Fiji when she is back from the USA
                        Last edited by Trippie; 04-04-17, 13:21.

Comment

I don't buy into the too wet and too cold, we have a very moderate climate, I think it's more than we can be a nation of bemoaners that feeds this at times

It can be expensive, no doubt about that but there are a multitude of things that you can do either cheaply or free with a tiny bit of effort, planning and imagination
                          Both myself and Ronnie Drew salute you. Dublin is rare awld and steeped in culture. Only the monobrowed think otherwise . More of this type o thing .

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                            We're just across the road from the Strand hotel. It's a two bed apartment in an older development - it's nothing too fancy but the location is great and the price is quite good.

Curragower as a local is a wonderful prospect.
                            Nice location. Where the Curragower have their fancy sit down area now on the LHS looking in, Ivy Lodge, many moons ago i used to live in there !

Sure over the bridge and a leftright and you have House bar also, El Toro BBQ just over the bridge also, very central location.

If only we had better transport links if would be feasible to not "have" to be a multi car owner household.

edit...left from right...
                            Last edited by oleras; 04-04-17, 13:35.
                            This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post

Book of Kells
                              Giants Causeway
                              Cliffs of Moher
                              Newgrange
                              Book of kells is the only one on that list I havent seen, unless did it as a school trip as a kid and forgot about it. But dont see the point of that one.

From the different cities discussion... shocking there is no love for San Fran.
                              No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

What's to buy into? On average it rains every second day, that's too wet by far.

Temps have an average high of 16 at the height of summer and 5 in the depths of winter, that's cold.

Though it would have been more correct to specify that it's too wet & cold for me I suppose.

While you're correct in saying there are cheap/free things to do, accommodation, healthcare, transport, taxes, food, drink are all quite expensive and can't be avoided.
                                Last edited by Iago; 04-04-17, 13:33.

Comment

Is our higher rate not one of the highest in the world?

Comment

Giants Causeway
                                    Cliffs of Moher
                                    Newgrange
                                    In order...

1. Nice and worth a visit.
                                    2. Nice enough but you see it everyday when logging onto AIB
                                    3.Glorified cow shed in middle of a crappy field.
                                    No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

I've seen Newgrange ! I loved it! They do this light show to mimic the winter solstice as there is a waiting list to be there on that day.

Comment

You could of course just win a stack of high society in the Aintree Tipping Comp.

Just about time for the lastminute.commers
                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

I'd never classify Dublin as too cold - really dislike hot, sunny weather (as I burn easily) and enjoy the chance to wear jackets so the temperature range in Dublin is just right for me. I've lived in far warmer (California and Australia) and visit colder every few years for snowboarding and I think the east coast of Ireland is pretty decent. I imagine I'd enjoy the south coast of England even more though.

Too wet, that's a fair complaint. Though if you come from Galway you know that Dublin's actually relatively OK in that regard, you can cycle to work in Dublin and only get drenched once or twice a year, whereas trying that in Galway wouldn't be quite as easy

No fecking mosquitoes and amazingly clean air is pretty great too; a lad in our office just left to return to Seoul last week and was telling us all that we don't realise how lucky we have it with our air quality, low population density and landscape - three of the Korean team have put in for transfers to Ireland and are arriving in the near future, all down to the attractiveness of Dublin over Seoul. No-one in the office here wants to move in the opposite direction!

The only place I could really see myself living outside of Ireland and maybe the UK is northern California, where I put in a 5 year stint over a decade ago, and as I age the attractiveness of the US as a permanent home diminishes, I'd honestly pick Ireland ahead of it.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                              Book of kells is the only one on that list I havent seen, unless did it as a school trip as a kid and forgot about it. But dont see the point of that one.

From the different cities discussion... shocking there is no love for San Fran.
                                              San Diego >>> San Francisco

Comment

If you hold the laptop at head height and stand on one leg wireless works better.
                                                Does it matter which leg?

I went out with a girl once who had a wooden leg
                                                SPOILER
                                                I broke it off

Comment

I just mention that I think there's LOADS of things wrong with modern Ireland too, in case it looks like I was saying everything was rosey in the garden. We need a benign dictator (or a triumvirate of RDIII, VforV and then someone a bit more left-of-centre maybe ) to sort us out for a decade or so!

Comment

I do feel like an awful eejit that for the last ten years I could have worked from anywhere in the world but I stayed in cold Ireland. At the same time it's where all my friends are and I can't imagine having more fun anywhere else (which is empathised by how regularly people from abroad seem to be bizarrely enthralled by normal pub chat in Ireland).

I think the summers are fantastic. When it's sunny in Ireland you can feel a palpable difference in people's mood that you just don't get elsewhere. Sun every day would be boring. Winters are grim though. Spending November in Brazil last year and avoiding the snow in Ireland was blissful. I've been toying with the idea of wintering in Brazil and have been taking portuguese lessons, but I doubt I could really live abroad full-time.

Comment

What's to buy into? On average it rains every second day, that's too wet by far.

Temps have an average high of 16 at the height of summer and 5 in the depths of winter, that's cold.

Though it would have been more correct to specify that it's too wet & cold for me I suppose.

While you're correct in saying there are cheap/free things to do, accommodation, healthcare, transport, taxes, food, drink are all quite expensive and can't be avoided.
                                                      It's wet and cold to you based on where you currently live - If you look at global rainfall, Ireland is down around 80th place out of about 160+ countries so it is not too wet, we're about average which is where my moderate climate comment comes from. Temperature would be along the same lines

Agree that accommodation and healthcare can be costly. I don't think taxes are too bad but that's a very relative to each persons individual situation and there are definitely cheap alternatives to all the other items you mention

Comment

Even in the cold of winter I kick my legs like a can can dancer to de-robe the bed amidst threats of divorce from a shivering Nordic type. I hate the heat, my two offspring are of similar ilk . However when it’s Sunny in Dublin, Sally O’Brien and the way she might dress is a sight to behold. From the top of Drumcondra road to the bottom Of Cork Street tis a great wee city, or follow the great North Circular way in the footsteps of Antos and Marys and slow talking dopers. Or hit the D4 area to see peoples perform oral gymnastics with marbles and Hino. For a real treat drink a bottle of paddy and sit at the back of a nitelink and take a two hour trip with free MMA fights , stuttering Rappers and fat girls staring down at a curry chip stained muffin bellies. It’s a hard knock life.
                                                        Fk me we were going to move to Russia….

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                          I do feel like an awful eejit that for the last ten years I could have worked from anywhere in the world but I stayed in cold Ireland. At the same time it's where all my friends are and I can't imagine having more fun anywhere else (which is empathised by how regularly people from abroad seem to be bizarrely enthralled by normal pub chat in Ireland).

I think the summers are fantastic. When it's sunny in Ireland you can feel a palpable difference in people's mood that you just don't get elsewhere. Sun every day would be boring. Winters are grim though. Spending November in Brazil last year and avoiding the snow in Ireland was blissful. I've been toying with the idea of wintering in Brazil and have been taking portuguese lessons, but I doubt I could really live abroad full-time.
                                                          Tax resident in Brazil.
                                                          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Watching Lock Stock and two smoking barrels. Been a while but it really is a gem of a movie.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                              Watching Lock Stock and two smoking barrels. Been a while but it really is a gem of a movie.
                                                              Watched RocknRolla for the 1st time last night, don't quite know how I missed it first time around. Gave me a hankering for lock, stock & snatch so will probably watch them both over the next couple of days.

Comment

So far this year there has been one day where I couldn't go for a 50 minute walk because of the rain.
                                                                The more time I spend in hot places the more I like the Irish climate. An Ideal world would be for it always to be the days between now and mid July here, eternal spring.
                                                                When I can afford it I'll spend the time from Leopardstown to Cheltenham in somewhere like South Africa, probably Botswana.
                                                                Two springs every year would be as good as living twice as long.
                                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Namibia looks like a right spot.

Comment

Watched RocknRolla for the 1st time last night, don't quite know how I missed it first time around. Gave me a hankering for lock, stock & snatch so will probably watch them both over the next couple of days.
                                                                    I'm watching Snatch the TV series which was released a few weeks ago and I'm enjoying it.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                      Is our higher rate not one of the highest in the world?
                                                                      10th highest rate of income tax in the world per head of population - when you consider the nominal levels of income tax at the low levels it could be viewed as being a bit worse.

Comment

If you look at global rainfall, Ireland is down around 80th place out of about 160+ countries so it is not too wet, we're about average which is where my moderate climate comment comes from.
                                                                        I imagine those global statistics are in terms of mm per year. Which is pretty misleading, unless your a tree.
                                                                        Ireland tends to have a much more constant drizzle, whereas a lot places ranked above Ireland would have a less rainfall hours, but heavier rain. Makes a difference imo.
                                                                        Syndey gets the same mm's of rain per year than Dublin, possibly more.

I love Dublin, genuinely. And have a great time any Christmas I'm back there.
                                                                        Always try to find some new to see or do. Usually a stop involving whiskey somewhere around the country.
                                                                        It's kinda weird to act like a tourist in your own country.

But, I also think I benefit from the Christmas craic. January is always grim. And I'm usually content to head around the world again after a 3-4 weeks
                                                                        This year was prob an exception, felt a rare twinge of homesickness earlier in the year.

I don't think I would live anywhere other that Dublin (and Australia obviously). Spent some time in America on a j1, was grand but no interest in going back for anything other than a holiday. Same with Canada at this stage. The rest of the world I just want to see in holidays.

Finally getting to Thailand next week. Cocktails by the pool, all sorts of curry, and some fights, probably done training too.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                          Programme on RTE on Monday night on people in various situations regarding homes was an interesting watch:
                                                                          http://www.rte.ie/player/ie/show/ire...4609/10708445/
                                                                          Surely taking €550 a month off the Indian girl for that hovel is a crime , what sort of rules could allow a scumbag landlord like that to operate

Comment

For a bit of balance -

As I've mentioned before, Ireland is becoming more and more distant for me. Nothing beats the ability to hit the mountains in winter or summer for a range of cool things to do. Camping, Hiking, Snowboarding, Skating, Hunting.
                                                                            The summers here are insanely fun, given there is only really 4 months of decent non ball freezing weather, its usually packed with events from May to August.

Affordable sports events (if you can get into hockey and CFL) and then the Stampede to look forward too.

The best thing though? Its sunny pretty much all the time. Not always hot, but always sunny. That does something to your mood. Its great to be able to get out on a decent pitch (not the troughs you get at amateur level in ireland) and kick a ball about anytime from around now to late august and know its going to be a delightful evening.

Maybe I'll change my tune when kids and stuff are looming larger, or when I finally get that one injury too many to stop me doing the active things.
                                                                            This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                            All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                            The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

The only place that has come close to replacing Dublin for me is Vancouver.
                                                                              That however, was over a decade ago when it was a bit more manageable to live in.

I lived here
                                                                              my local was a gay bar called the fountainhead, I ate shoulder to shoulder with little old ladies in weird korean hole in the walls, nearly died doing the grouse grind and I swam in the pacific nearly every day.
                                                                              It was 5 mins to the beach, a short trip to the Rockies and a place that just seemed to suit me down to the ground.

Don't think I could manage it now given you need to be a millionaire to live there but it's the only other city I've lived in that came close to keeping me from Dublin
                                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                                @Tech heads

Have SkyGo on my laptop. Was always perfect, no buffering at all. Last month or so it is going to shite. Basically buffers every minute for about 10 secs. Not sure whether its my laptop or broadband (Virgin) but I need it sorted for the Masters on Thurs. Thoughts?

/laptop is black, broadband is wireless so I can't check the colour
                                                                                Put it into the freezer for a bit until it turns off. Then into a plastic bag and into the washing machine. Then into a bowl of rice in the hotpress
                                                                                airport, lol

Comment

Is the masters in sky sports or is it just bt?

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                    + any options for us stuck in the 80s (ie BBC/RTE? - even for Sat/Sun)

edit - nvm, found it.
                                                                                    Last edited by Dice75; 04-04-17, 17:14.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                      Sky sports only I thought
                                                                                      Maybe slightly delayed feed on BBC on final day,not sure if they still do that?

Comment

I've swung back around to wanting to see mcgregor starched in whatever his next fight is,annoying geebag

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                          The only place that has come close to replacing Dublin for me is Vancouver.
                                                                                          That however, was over a decade ago when it was a bit more manageable to live in.

I lived here
                                                                                          my local was a gay bar called the fountainhead, I ate shoulder to shoulder with little old ladies in weird korean hole in the walls, nearly died doing the grouse grind and I swam in the pacific nearly every day.
                                                                                          It was 5 mins to the beach, a short trip to the Rockies and a place that just seemed to suit me down to the ground.

Don't think I could manage it now given you need to be a millionaire to live there but it's the only other city I've lived in that came close to keeping me from Dublin
                                                                                          GREAT spot. So close to some realllllly cool stuff.

That Greek restaurant on Davie is unreal... cant recall the name. And that breakfast restaurant with they massively offensive gay owner. Some craic.
                                                                                          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                            Final 2 days live on BBC.fair play to sky's marketing team,their masters blitz always convinces me they own it outright

Comment

for me personally, there's something really special about moving to a new country.

it's a brand new start to a new chapter of your life. so many new things to see and do, it adds a new dynamism to a long relationship, and especially gives you the chance to discover in depth another part of this incredible planet. When you move you become explorers again, and i absolutely love that.

Comment

I've lived and travelled all over the English-speaking world, have chosen Dublin to settle permanently. It has its glaringly obvious problems, but the benefits easily outweigh them.
                                                                                                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                                  I've lived and travelled all over the English-speaking world, have chosen Dublin to settle permanently. It has its glaringly obvious problems, but the benefits easily outweigh them.
                                                                                                  What are these benefits?

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                                    Cool I thought I saw an ad for eir advertising​ it.

Comment

Just took my laptop out of the hot press and wiped the rice off it. Says the download speed is 3.6mb. I presume that is shite and hence why its buffering all the time? Why would it be so bad when it always was good? Anything I can do and can I still eat this rice once I cook it?

Comment

Says the download speed is 3.6mb. I presume that is shite and hence why its buffering all the time?
                                                                                                        3.6 millibits is indeed shite.

Comment

What a day.
                                                                                                          On the way to work, about ten minutes from work, I got a coolant level alert in the car - temp gauge didn't go up but when I pulled up the reservoir was empty and I found a pipe coming out of the rad disconnected. Pain in the hole thing wasn't broken but was impossible to get enough leverage to click it back together without getting it lifted and using two hands.
                                                                                                          Ended up with no choice but to get it towed to the garage but sure all will be fine I'll get the train home the worst thing was that I left my running gear in the car so couldn't get out for the run I was hoping to get in today. Went ahead and booked a hotel for the weekend trip we were planning which was built around me doing some triathlon training and kicking back to watch the sport.

Coming into the train station I managed to twist my ankle on the steps and now I'm in fucking agony with my leg in the air and my plans to do tri Athy at the end of may looking unlikely
                                                                                                          FML

Comment

sounds like a problem that could be lessened with the application of a plastic bag and some cans.
                                                                                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Just took my laptop out of the hot press and wiped the rice off it. Says the download speed is 3.6mb. I presume that is shite and hence why its buffering all the time? Why would it be so bad when it always was good? Anything I can do and can I still eat this rice once I cook it?
                                                                                                              Is it Virgin Dublin?

Unplug it for 2 mins (seems this is supposed to be done weekly - or so yer man from Virgin told me - worked tbf)

I do have a red laptop though....

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                                                for me personally, there's something really special about moving to a new country.

it's a brand new start to a new chapter of your life. so many new things to see and do, it adds a new dynamism to a long relationship, and especially gives you the chance to discover in depth another part of this incredible planet. When you move you become explorers again, and i absolutely love that.
                                                                                                                I agree with this. I think what I've gained from NZ is invaluable long term. NZ has completely opened my eyes to the flaws but also the benefits of Ireland.

Prior to moving here the concept of going hiking/camping for example was an alien concept and I couldn't possibly see the enjoyment in it unless it was at a festival etc.

A big difference for me is the active lifestyle which is definitely something I'll take home, I've been fit and very unfit at various points but the balance here is far easier to maintain, it's obviously helped by the weather but it's a culture too.

Professionally I think it's far easier to climb the ranks here than the roles I've had at home. Workplaces here are far more catered towards the well being of workers, my housemates take mental health days, plenty of job perks with regular conferences, free lunches, customised chair alignment at desks etc.
                                                                                                                Perhaps these things are more widely available in other offices than I've been in at home but it appears to be the norm here.

All that being said I think the big draw of ireland is just the atmosphere and people, I know that's quite subjective and if I were judging Auckland vs Dublin then Auckland has more tangible benefits unless you want to own a house but I think Ireland really does have alot of benefits for me personally.

If I wasn't doing a masters I would give Auckland another year but I couldn't see myself settling here. I think after next year I'll go to Toronto/Vancouver, London or maybe back here if a decent role comes up but I think I'll settle in Ireland

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                                  Is it Virgin Dublin?

Unplug it for 2 mins (seems this is supposed to be done weekly - or so yer man from Virgin told me - worked tbf)

I do have a red laptop though....

lol
                                                                                                                  to give the internet a rest?

The shit people say

while power cycling to drain capacitors IS a thing, 2 mins is a bit much and having to do it every two weeks isn't a thing

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                                                                    What are these benefits?
                                                                                                                    Best pubs in the wurrild obvs
                                                                                                                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                                                                      For a bit of balance -

As I've mentioned before, Ireland is becoming more and more distant for me. Nothing beats the ability to hit the mountains in winter or summer for a range of cool things to do. Camping, Hiking, Snowboarding, Skating, Hunting.
                                                                                                                      The summers here are insanely fun, given there is only really 4 months of decent non ball freezing weather, its usually packed with events from May to August.

Affordable sports events (if you can get into hockey and CFL) and then the Stampede to look forward too.

The best thing though? Its sunny pretty much all the time. Not always hot, but always sunny. That does something to your mood. Its great to be able to get out on a decent pitch (not the troughs you get at amateur level in ireland) and kick a ball about anytime from around now to late august and know its going to be a delightful evening.

Maybe I'll change my tune when kids and stuff are looming larger, or when I finally get that one injury too many to stop me doing the active things.
                                                                                                                      Surely can hike camp and also hunt in Ireland.
                                                                                                                      The variety of animals one can massacre in Ireland is less varied always wanted to shoot a grizzly bear in the face.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                                                        Best pubs in the wurrild obvs
                                                                                                                        Has to be more than pubs and elaboration?

Comment

There's a newish Louis CK standup on Netflix. Seems a bit darker than usual at the start https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/03/a...2017.html?_r=0
                                                                                                                          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X