Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
    seriously, dont be fucking stupid.
    I could go into detail as I'm a large fan of the book but there is no way in hell a 12 year old should be watching that.
    LOL
    This is the post of the father of a daughter, not of the DP we once knew

But he's right.
    MSN you have it completley arseways about sex and violence in the media... the sex is a problem for you the violence can be a problem for them.
    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
        16 rating does not mean under 16 permitted with parent.

Worth bearing in mind, I had to stop a boat load of dad&son efforts into Borat back in the day.
        It does these days doesn't it? It's 16pg not 16 and shit.

Fucked if I know not paying 84 quid for a ticket, skittles and coke.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post

Busto.
          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post

16 rating removes any parental consent from the equation. 15A is a different rating altogether.

Truly an awkward conversation to have with 40+ year old men and their 12-15 yr old sons when I was barely 18 myself at the time. But thems the legislation.

Comment

I bought soda water not tonic water
              Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Some lol that Bray Wanderers had a big dirty SuperBetin logo on the back of their jerseys tonight.
                The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day. Gerry Thornley 23/3/09

Comment

I guess the actors in the film aren't allowed watch it as they aren't old enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                    forgot to add your name at the beginning of that post!
                    Ah I know it was about me m8, good craic!
                    Was just trying to wind you up again for the banter. Or was I.
                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                      @those in blah land

Good pub in city centre or close for Sat pints,racing, cards, pool etc in oct. Any good pub for music that night.
                      Head for Ballybricken for racing, pints. The Tap Room or Alfie Hales are good pubs with bookies next door. The Exchange has a pool table and a more "colourful" clientèle. Grand area for Saturday afternoon drinking/punting anyway and just up a hill from city center. Woodman Only real option city center.

What kind of music you thinking and what kind of age group ? nightlife is pretty condensed these days in Waterford. All down John street/Apple Market, Geoffs is a good spot, The Kazbar ok pubs wise, few others pubs late bars and nightclubs within couple of 100 yards. If older crowd you prob heading towards The Reg later in the night ( Couldn't recommend ) it's grand for a late drink Ok. You'll struggle music wise unless you get lucky, which is way more likely during summer months. Pubs Like Downes, Davy Mac's & Jordan's are worth finding if on a crawl.

Comment

I read IT when I was 12. Fucked me up for life. Movie can't be as bad as the book or it would be 18's. Speaking as a man with Daughters no way would I bring my future 13 year old to it.
                        His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by nicnicnic View Post
                          Pubs Like Downes, Davy Mac's & Jordan's are worth finding if on a crawl.
                          Add to this Walsh's, Tom Mahers and Tully's in the o connell street area.

Downses celebrating it's 220 year this weekend, should be good crowd in there tonight and soul reason playing

Comment

In a world of nasty Trump tweets I love this "bitter ' exchange between the Science and the Animal museum in London.

Comment

Ah here what clown takes a 12 year old to a movie like that ?

Comment

ABs playing great rugby against the boks. 31-0 at half time. Gotta hurt!

Comment

While I dont really remember the book IT all that well I thought the movie relatively tame. First two acts were decent enough building suspense, etc but I thought the third act was a bit of a mess.

SPOILER
                                  Admitedly perhaps the bathroom covered in blood stuff might not be ideal for a younger audience... Im not really sure what's considered normal enough... the rest of the horror isn't so bad.

Also not sure if the younger audience would pick up on it but the girl/father seriously abusive relationship was frankly more disturbing than anything the clown did IMO.
                                  May you live in interesting times!

Comment

All Blacks 57-0 South Africa. All Blacks were class but a totally abject performance from the Boks. Racist selection policies really effecting them.

Comment

Seen the orginal IT when I was 8 and funnily enough I had a fear of clowns my entire childhood (not too fond of them now either tbh). Also had a clown doll in my room which was subsequently removed post IT. I think my mam did that for the craic.

I was also scared shitless of the Spitting Image puppets for some reason.

Comment

Hilary Clinton's new book popped up on the kindle this morning after I must have pre-ordered it a few weeks ago. Feeling strong post-buyers remorse.
                                        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                          http://www.ifco.ie/website/IFCO/ifco...nt&OpenUp=True

16 rating removes any parental consent from the equation. 15A is a different rating altogether.

Truly an awkward conversation to have with 40+ year old men and their 12-15 yr old sons when I was barely 18 myself at the time. But thems the legislation.
                                          Still remember the embarrassment of missing a first date cause I couldn't get into a 16 movie

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Thanks, that was enjoyable.

Comment

That was really good, thanks. His BBC vegan mockumentary is pretty damn funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                      Still remember the embarrassment of missing a first date cause I couldn't get into a 16 movie
                                                      We got refused from saw as we didn't have ID, in our 20s. Never saw saw.

Comment

Some crowd at Leinster game

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                          You didn't see saw?

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                            Some crowd at Leinster game
                                                            Just as well they gave out free tickets, could have looked empty otherwise.

Comment

Cheers nicnicnic kevirl some good info there. Music wise just done good guitar wanker really but could well be tucked up in bed too by that stage. Older crowd btw

Comment

Narrator: "...it was at that moment the young, furious, and newly single denny decided that fancy facial hair was his ticket to never again suffering this age-based indignity"
                                                                Morgan Freeman needs to be the narrator, obvs

Comment

Like a bit of Attenborough myself. Here we see the male try to win the females affections only to leave embarassed

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                    Ah thanks Gil, happy birthday to you. It's my Dad's birthday today too, he's living in Spain. I called him to wish him a happy birthday and sent him a pic while I was on the phone. Told him 'got you something for your birthday, have a look at the pic and see what you think

Ah it was lovely, he was a mess.

Thanks everyone for the loveliness.
                                                                    Ah that was a fab birthday present for him, one he will always cherish. I bet a few tears were spilled after you sent that text!

Hope the missus is doing ok after the op. Sections are a bitch of a recovery. Make sure she does very little lifting, especially the older one as it is hard to say you cant lift them up at that age!

Will be lovely for your dad and the little one to share a birthday. They will always have that bond through that

Comment

Grats Lazare, your a good egg and I'm genuinely delighted for you.

Comment

On the crazy off-chance someone here might be able to help I am currently in possession of 2 Davin Stand tickets that I want to swap for Hill tickets. Chancing my arm slightly for a 2 seated for 3 standing swap deal. Not exactly holding out hope but if anyone knows of a swap going please keep me in mind.
                                                                        You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                        World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Narrator: "...it was at that moment the young, furious, and newly single denny decided that fancy facial hair was his ticket to never again suffering this age-based indignity"
                                                                          Ha, think I was only 14, was going to be a few years before that was going to work!

The girl selling the tickets eventually took pity and let me in but the damage had been done.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                            Ha, think I was only 14, was going to be a few years before that was going to work!

The girl selling the tickets eventually took pity and let me in but the damage had been done.
                                                                            Wasn't it 15's not 16's in those days
                                                                            His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Trump forgot the 'don't shake hands with anyone you maniac' memo.

It's almost like he doesn't recognise that its his wife, with the small talk bit at the end like he is chatting to a politician?

this is a real image

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Harry Dean Stanton gone. What a legend.

Comment

Wow, Aguero third goal was brilliant. Some week for City, winning 4-0, 5-0 and 6-0.
                                                                                  No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
                                                                                    Harry Dean Stanton gone. What a legend.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                                                      Wasn't it 15's not 16's in those days
                                                                                      Yeah 16 is newish. used be PG 15 and 18 or was 12 about too?
                                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                        Yeah 16 is newish. used be PG 15 and 18 or was 12 about too?
                                                                                        Think there was a 12's but not 100% certain

Comment

Tea sorted

Comment

Tea sorted

Want. Where did you get it?
                                                                                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

lolspurs

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                                Want. Where did you get it?
                                                                                                Here are 12 places http://www.benjerry.ie/flavours/non-...upc=7684058074, not meant to be out yet for a few days but have started appearing, I got those in cabra tesco.

Comment

I look forward to Mayo stopping Dublin tomorrow, going to be great.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                                                                    I look forward to Mayo stopping Dublin tomorrow, going to be great.
                                                                                                    .....he was having a grand sleep after a bad hangover but then he woke up from his dream

Comment

Is a, swift code just the Bic number???
                                                                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                        .....he was having a grand sleep after a bad hangover but then he woke up from his dream
                                                                                                        Tis All Ireland eve m8, pints are essential.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                                                                          Tis All Ireland eve m8, pints are essential.
                                                                                                          Yep. Off for some now. Game cancelled tomorrow too and herself has a m8 calling with her new baby at 1 so it'll be the pub for the day for me tomorrow too

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                                                            For all those people who find it more convenient to bother you with their question rather than to Google it for themselves.

Comment

I obv did that. But still not 100% sure. It's very important I get it right, that's why I asked.
                                                                                                              Her sky-ness
                                                                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                                                                The BIC code for my bank is

STBAMTMTXXX

XXX denotes like the Head office or something like that.

The other number is the IBAN which is really long

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                                                  The BIC code for my bank is

STBAMTMTXXX

XXX denotes like the Head office or something like that.

The other number is the IBAN which is really long
                                                                                                                  Ya mine is ulsbie2dxxx no need for the xxx, I leave them out upon googling.

My sort then is 986235

So I presume I just send the two.

Form requires : sort/ swift
                                                                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

...

Comment

...
                                                                                                                      Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 16-09-17, 20:20.

Comment

I think the form you are filling in might be an old one as sortcode/swift aren't terms used for public anymore in Europe. Want to post the relevant snippet of the form as an image, unless it has private info? Might be handiest that way.

Sortcode identifies your bank branch within Ireland, but is no good internationally. Swift is the international identifier for your bank (Ulster) but not anything to do with your particular account. So Swift + Sortcode allows your bank to be identified internationally and then adding the sortcode allows your particular branch to be identified within that bank.
                                                                                                                        pmd you
                                                                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X