Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oleras View Post
    When we made love you used to cry...
    I'm not familiar with the song, but women usually cry when I have relations with them. I reckon they're thinking 'what went so wrong with my life that I ended up doing this, with him'. Probably different reasons for the crying in that song.
    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Comment

Can't imagine poor Harvey will get much sympathy

Comment

Tony Fauci:
          I can't jump in front of the microphone and push him down.

Comment

Originally posted by premierstone View Post
            The headline omits the following very relevant info.

It is unclear whether the man contracted Covid-19 in Cheltenham or in Ireland.
            He lives and works in relatively close proximity to two known clusters of virus detections in Ireland, both in the south.
            That's irrelevant tbh. Or actually, the fact that he probably had it before he went is precisely why it was stupid.
            If the 200k people in Cheltenham were clear then the risk was zero. No amount of sloppy handshakes would cause coronavirus to spontaneously synthesise out of thin air. The whole reason sports events like that were stupid, is due to the likelihood of someone turning up who was already infected.

For the sake of clarity, I felt people were singling out Cheltenham and turning a blind eye to much bigger sports. They were all clearly wrong.
            Last edited by Mellor; 23-03-20, 10:31.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
              This is what were were being told last week as well... Was it Holohan who said it would require c.15 minutes sharing personal space to transmit, it was certainly HSE information.

Not sure if this has already been posted but its worth a read.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                7/3/7

Sheridan, Allianz Arena, Inter, Morris, Lambert, Fenerbache, Kendall, City, Sligo (Rovas!) & Clive Allen.
                Got the united ones right anyway, just as well

Day 12 of lockdown here, such a strange feeling when you have to leave to go to the shop, feels eerie and apocalyptic. If someones steps into your space you almost wish you had a shotgun to enforce personal borders..that might just be me though.

They’ve extended it to April 11th at the earliest which will bring us up to a full calendar month without being able to even walk down the street, strange times.
                Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Name change to Ianogo.

Comment

Vast majority of homeless services are gone it appears. It's gonna get additionally grim out there
                    airport, lol

Comment

Additionally grim. New fav phrase.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                        Vast majority of homeless services are gone it appears. It's gonna get additionally grim out there
                        There’s going to be a lot of deaths all over the world that never get captured in the corona victim stats.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                          Was thinking the conversation would be about the US's 15,000 cases so far today. But no, it's some weird denny argument that he's playing a blinder.
                          I just find the misinformation about him fascinating. A friend just said the same thing to me as you did yesterday, about Trump calling it a hoax. It's mad. Rather than take 30 seconds to look at a primary source and verifiable facts, people will believe anything about him. It's like the "fine people at Charleston" hoax. All rationality goes out of people's brains on the subject. There are lots of things to actually criticise about him, not sure why people need to make things up. Look at SP's last post. Perma TDS.
                          Last edited by Denny Crane; 23-03-20, 11:30.

Comment

Not quite up there with Oleras level of cooking meat but I did a chicken ballotine on Saturday night (stuffed with pork mince, shallot & portobello mushroom), accompanied with a fondant potato, stir fried savoy cabbage and a cream, white wine and parsely sauce.

It was delish, even if I do say so myself!

This staying at home lark is great for getting into the kitchen and spending a little bit longer making dinner.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                              It's very entertaining
                              Wut, did you remove that just is case people were thinking you're a bit of a psychopath?

Comment

Trump is just a horrible horrible person, the way he speaks is shockingly bad, there to comfort and reassure people that things will get better and his response to Romney going into isolation was mind boggling "Gee, that's too bad," he's a disgrace.

Can read from a prepared speech but going off the cuff and he loses the run of himself, utter disaster.
                                "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Trump is additionally grim.

Comment

Originally posted by Skankhunt42 View Post
                                    Wut, did you remove that just is case people were thinking you're a bit of a psychopath?
                                    Just feels like I'm in a Asch conformity experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDad View Post
                                      Trump is additionally grim.
                                      Tueday president?

Comment

Government shut down pubs, cafes, restaurants, cinemas, gyms etc on sunday night. Bosses made the decision to send everyone home this morning. So co-ordinating how that happens fell to me. Some are bringing home PCs, some have work laptops, others are connecting remotely to office PC.
                                        I managed to get everyone on the team home with a plan for how it's supposed to work, on paper. But it's going to be some shitshow. The difference in performance of home set up will be massive.

A few people who don't work Mondays to sort tomorrow, but after than I'll be on my todd in the office for the next while, just to make sure everyone is running ok. Days are either going to be very boring, or very peaceful.

Hectic day. Opened a bottle of read. A cheap $10 red only available from the cellar door. Definitely a Tuesday wine, doubt it will see Tuesday.
                                        Last edited by Mellor; 23-03-20, 12:12.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                          Because I've been using Zoom a lot over the last week I played around with a green screen and virtual background tonight. Green screen was a disposable green rain poncho tacked onto the wall. Worked very well.
                                          Any fun results for us?
                                          airport, lol

Comment

roll up roll up, entries still being accepted

alphabet sheep

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                              Just in case anyone was thinking of plaing online, Stars 14th Anniversary Sunday Million starts at 5pm with $12.5m GTD. Over 60,000 players probably sure to contain a few fish!

Good luck to anyone with the patience to play that lol.
                                              Lockdown obv helping Stars....almost 87,000 runners with over $17m in the prizepool. 70,000 players gone already but you can still jump in with 20k chips(10bbs) before Day 2 starts at 5pm for anyone wants a spin.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                Any fun results for us?
                                                Not that you'd get. The whole point was to troll someone. I have a study group in my Buddhist centre on a Monday evening, and I have keys to the place. I got a photo of the shrine and wanted to make it look to the guy leading the study like I stupidly turned up to the centre tonight for the meeting which we're having via Zoom and took part from there.

Can anyone recommend a cheap webcam that I can use with a Windows 10 PC? My Chromebook doesn't have gallery view on Zoom, and my verry old webcam doesn't work with Windows 10 properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                  Government shut down pubs, cafes, restaurants, cinemas, gyms etc on sunday night. Bosses made the decision to send everyone home this morning. So co-ordinating how that happens fell to me. Some are bringing home PCs, some have work laptops, others are connecting remotely to office PC.
                                                  I managed to get everyone on the team home with a plan for how it's supposed to work, on paper. But it's going to be some shitshow. The difference in performance of home set up will be massive.

A few people who don't work Mondays to sort tomorrow, but after than I'll be on my todd in the office for the next while, just to make sure everyone is running ok. Days are either going to be very boring, or very peaceful.

Hectic day. Opened a bottle of read. A cheap $10 red only available from the cellar door. Definitely a Tuesday wine, doubt it will see Tuesday.
                                                  I scoff at your minor difficulty. Try doing that and trying to home school three kids.

Aussie whinging Pom.
                                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Signed up to Disney+ over the weekend, logged into via my VPN and it looks good, goes live tomorrow in Ireland but no sign of the app on my Samsung tv or hasn't popped up in the Play store yet I'm guessing it will be available tomorrow?
                                                    "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by NoRiverRequired View Post
                                                      Not sure if this has already been posted but its worth a read.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020...infection.html
                                                      Jesus.

Kinda wish I didn't read that. Fascinating though.
                                                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                        I scoff at your minor difficulty. Try doing that and trying to home school three kids.

Aussie whinging Pom.
                                                        Making no effort to home school these boys . A lifetime of lay about awaits them maybe but at least I haven't murdered them. I simply pretend they are actual monkeys
                                                        and toss toys and food in their general direction. Home school , yer avin a laff.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                          Jesus.

Kinda wish I didn't read that. Fascinating though.
                                                          Yes I should have probably warned that if anyone is feeling anxious that probably isn't the best thing to be reading.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                            Making no effort to home school these boys . A lifetime of lay about awaits them maybe but at least I haven't murdered the. I simply pretend they are actual monkeys
                                                            and toss toys and food in their general direction. Home school , yer avin a laff.
                                                            Working life with a two year old and five year old is some craic. The two year old is stone cold psycho at the moment, doing her best to break me. Has developed a nice violent streak just in time to coincide with this extended period indoors, shes a danger. Vector #2 is being regularly assaulted and wont defend herself at all just lies roaring on the ground while vector #1 sinks her talons in and reefs her hair out. Its a war zone. Their also bottomless feeders as well, they've been in full time creche up until now so i was oblivious to how much they put away, its impressive and expensive.

Comment

Working life with a two year old and five year old is some craic. The two year old is stone cold psycho at the moment, doing her best to break me. Has developed a nice violent streak just in time to coincide with this extended period indoors, shes a danger. Vector #2 is being regularly assaulted and wont defend herself at all just lies roaring on the ground while vector #1 sinks her talons in and reefs her hair out. Its a war zone. Their also bottomless feeders as well, they've been in full time creche up until now so i was oblivious to how much they put away, its impressive and expensive.
                                                              Vector 1 and 2 . Love it. Will rechristen mine

Comment

I'm on the ground floor of my apartment complex, the place is FULL of kids playing out on the grass.
                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Well the Fed just launched a nuke at the markets. Bigger nuke than the GFC got.
                                                                  This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                  All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                  The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Do any of our financial gurus have any equities they particularly like the look of at the moment? Broadly speaking I think the shit has yet to properly hit the fan in the UK and US so there’s possibly still a way to fall yet...

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                      Do any of our financial gurus have any equities they particularly like the look of at the moment? Broadly speaking I think the shit has yet to properly hit the fan in the UK and US so there’s possibly still a way to fall yet...
                                                                      plastics, SaaS and pharma

Though not a guru in any way.
                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                        Not a guru and picks will prob show this.

Slack
                                                                        Fortinet
                                                                        Boeing
                                                                        Lulu
                                                                        Sbux
                                                                        Disney
                                                                        Potentially Uber. Potentially.
                                                                        Morgan Stanley.

Buying at a discount for long term.
                                                                        All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                        The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                          plastics, SaaS and pharma

Though not a guru in any way.
                                                                          Neither am I but airlines/aircraft manufacturers effectively have to bounce back.

China are slowly loosening restrictions in Wuhan at present, I suspect they'll increase domestic travel if nothing else in the coming weeks.

European travel likely to be back on the cards come the summer time and airlines have already made cuts to staff and staff salaries pretty early on.

Those who have the liquidity will survive, you may lose a few airlines but Airbus and Boeing have lost 50% and 66% of their value.
                                                                          Is it going much lower than that given they already have an effective duopoly?

Also crypto, don't forget crypto, nearly bought a decent bit of Ripple at 10c but bottled it, back to 14c now

Comment

Boeing are el busto. Highly likely they get bailed out and shareholders get wiped out.

Comment

Computer experts..... having an issue with my laptop. When I do a speed test I get .73 download and 18 upload. On the phone it is 195 and 23.0.

What could be the issue?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                Boeing are el busto. Highly likely they get bailed out and shareholders get wiped out.
                                                                                Welp. You know more than I do!

I figured given the fact they have a bunch of juicy gov contracts, are the only player in NA, in a state trump needs. Employee half the state meant they’d stay around. Thought maybe there was value.

Now the fact they can use the corona virus fed package as cover and access to cheap credit indefinitely means I thought it more.

But all that is prob dumb retail investor thinking. I’ll stick to ETFs lol.

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                                                                  Computer experts..... having an issue with my laptop. When I do a speed test I get .73 download and 18 upload. On the phone it is 195 and 23.0.

What could be the issue?
                                                                                  Have you stayed 2m apart from your laptop? If not, I'd say it's quite likely you have a virus.

(too soon? if not, let's unload on e104)
                                                                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Anxiety through the roof after that.

And the reality of “victim no. 592” is going to be terribly difficult for people to accept. In Italy people are dying with no familial audience, no fanfare, no funeral. We’ve read about this in history books around the Spanish flu, but I seriously doubt society is prepped for what it will be like (I certainly am not).
                                                                                    "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                      Have you stayed 2m apart from your laptop? If not, I'd say it's quite likely you have a virus.

(too soon? if not, let's unload on e104)
                                                                                      the problem is you would have never forgiven yourself if you didnt take the shot,once in a lifetime opportunity

Comment

...
                                                                                        "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post

What could be the issue?
                                                                                          easy questions first
                                                                                          are both on wifi?

restart wifi adapter on laptop first...
                                                                                          start --> cmd /admin -->press enter-->
                                                                                          type netsh winsock reset
                                                                                          press enter

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                                            Anxiety through the roof after that.

And the reality of “victim no. 592” is going to be terribly difficult for people to accept. In Italy people are dying with no familial audience, no fanfare, no funeral. We’ve read about this in history books around the Spanish flu, but I seriously doubt society is prepped for what it will be like (I certainly am not).
                                                                                            What the story with 592?
                                                                                            No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post

I figured given the fact they have a bunch of juicy gov contracts, are the only player in NA, in a state trump needs. Employee half the state meant they’d stay around. Thought maybe there was value.

Now the fact they can use the corona virus fed package as cover and access to cheap credit indefinitely means I thought it more.

Never was I more prepared to be corrected than that post

@Hitch, I see the logic in the loanbook but what relevance does the total share value have on the return?

I assume it's some type of loanbook/value ratio but what's the thought process there?

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                                                What the story with 592?
                                                                                                Relates to that article NoRiverRequired shared earlier

Comment

...

Comment

They'll survive but I'm expecting it on onerous terms. There's no rush anyway, think there's a decent chance of S&P hitting 1800ish.

I think this is one of the rare times that stock picking > indexing. It's a broad sell-off, but there's companies that will do better than others.

I like CME and ICE. Oligopoly, revenue up this Q
                                                                                                    I sold CCL puts cause I think there's loads of premium vs their odds of going BK
                                                                                                    Short £, and trying to short UK domestic ETFs.
                                                                                                    Have SPY 1800 puts

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                                                      What the story with 592?
                                                                                                      It is part of this that was posted here earlier.

@eoghan104 I know its the obvious answer but have you tried rebooting the laptop? If you have try reinstalling the driver like in this video.

This tutorial will teach you how to reinstall the wireless network adapter driver through device manager in Windows 10. Reinstalling the wireless network ada...

Opr

Comment

...

Comment

SPOILER

This the wine yizzer on about? Is very nice even if it's not the one. Has the nose of a cheap wine but then a fucking fantastic finish. Have definitely paid 8x the price for similar quality.
                                                                                                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

If you want grim. That child mauled to death is tallaght is as grim as it possibly can be. I cant imagine

Comment

Tesco that opened early today for NHS workers in Hull saw everyone show up when they opened.

Opr

Comment

Ultimately we require a full lockdown. Cheltenhem and the Liverpool / Madrid match and queues of people at a chipper or a cafe are all different sides of the same coin: people will do whatever suits them and will always feel individually entitled to entertain themselves. We will need police / army on the streets actively taking individual choice away. For at least a month unbroken.

Cheltenhem is emotive here because so many on here are into horse racing and have travelled to similar festivals over the years. But I would reserve my ire for the organisers and the government that allowed it to go ahead before the people who attended. We had lads cramming into bookies and pubs railing the action in Dublin. Fundamentally it is far more about allowing people the leeway to make bad choices. Choice must be removed for the service of the greater good for a period.

This is almost certainly correct but there is a public policy issue about doing this at the last possible moment to make it effective. As awful as it is, we can't enforce this yet. We have to wait until more people die and for the general population to really understand the danger we are facing. At that point society becomes somewhat self-policing. For the rest we have the army and Gardai. But at the moment there aren't enough of them to enforce a general quarantine/shutdown. So the government has to wait until things get bad enough that the army will only be needed for the very small minority left of absolute idiots.
                                                                                                                You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                                World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Yes I should have probably warned that if anyone is feeling anxious that probably isn't the best thing to be reading.
                                                                                                                  Currently waiting 5 days to be tested and have had symptoms for the last 10. The more I read the stronger the palpitations became, think I managed 4 paragraphs... Will try again in couple of weeks time haha

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                                                    This is almost certainly correct but there is a public policy issue about doing this at the last possible moment to make it effective. As awful as it is, we can't enforce this yet. We have to wait until more people die and for the general population to really understand the danger we are facing. At that point society becomes somewhat self-policing. For the rest we have the army and Gardai. But at the moment there aren't enough of them to enforce a general quarantine/shutdown. So the government has to wait until things get bad enough that the army will only be needed for the very small minority left of absolute idiots.
                                                                                                                    It's almost certainly not correct.

There is little to date that suggests the countries in full lockdown are the countries that are beating back this disease so going into full lockdown is showing little validity as of yet.

To date, we are managing it in manner which is quite commendable. According to RTE last night, we were testing 2,000 people per day last week and we will be testing 4,500 per day this week.

Proportionally that's the equivalent of SK testing 50k per day and Germany testing 72k per day. Both are being lauded as leaders in testing terms with SK testing upwards of 105k per week and Germany testing 160k per week.

What Ireland aims to do this week is proportional to SK & Germany tripling their testing volume.
                                                                                                                    We need to speed up our testing and our results but we have opened 30 testing centres nationwide, SK had 43 drive through testing centres last time I checked; again proportionally, we have 8x the testing centres that the global leader in fighting this disease.

Whether you view it by numbers infected, deaths or capacity. There is little indication to date that further measures are needed.

There's lots of idiots but the majority of people are following the measures.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                                                      Meh, it needs to be done and the sooner we do it the sooner we’ll be the other side.

Close everything to the public apart from shops and chemists. Stagger what shops / chemists are allowed to be open. Deploy army / police presence at each one. Set up road blocks / checks at major arteries. Patrol the rest as best you can with on the spot fines.

This is where we’re going to end up and the longer we delay it the longer we’ll have to enforce it.
                                                                                                                      "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Fair enough Murdrum, point well made. But I think the proportion of idiots here is much higher than countries where this has been successfully contained without lockdown. SK, Hong Kong etc.

Part of the reason they didn't need a lockdown was the high social responsibility. If we can't show that then there is really only one other option surely?

Comment

This is where we’re going to end up and the longer we delay it the longer we’ll have to enforce it.
                                                                                                                          Actually it's likely the opposite. The argument for delaying it is to avoid enforcing it for too long.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X