Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
    Unlike the gif where we see the vile creep barging his way to the front of the photo op revealing his deep inner ugliness and pathetic little mickey bullying persona, this one is very entertaining
    That's a few months old though no?

Comment

Hope the lions get absolutely fucking minced in New Zealand.the orgy of corporate bullshit has started already and first test is nearly 4 weeks away.
      Neck and neck with the Ryder cup in terms of most painful sports events coverage

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
        Jeez, 3 nights at Ashford Castle proving an expensive getaway for the 10y wedding anniversary

Any suggestions on a better way to drop less (€2k) that'll keep her happy (has to be in Connaght for child-minding reasons)
        Escape to Ballynahinch Castle Hotel in Connemara, luxury Relais & Chateaux property set in 700 acres. Enjoy award-winning dining, activities &...

Some great Guinness in Roundstone too

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
          Hope the lions get absolutely fucking minced in New Zealand.the orgy of corporate bullshit has started already and first test is nearly 4 weeks away.
          Neck and neck with the Ryder cup in terms of most painful sports events coverage
          They're supposedly launching a womens lions too.

Comment

Is there any sport you like?
            No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Just saw another report that intake of international students at risk because of lack of accommodation, this goes with the ones on brexit multinationals, medical staff etc etc. For someone who hasn't lived in dublin since around 2009, just how bad is the problem and why so? Is it because of airbnb taking a lot of rentals off the market or is this just a way of turbo charging the next construction boom? Where are all the properties and where can they be built?

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                Tell them to stop being cheap and buy an S8 for you. Obviously.
                I looked it up, never underestimate how much samsung can fuck things up
                If you hadn’t noticed, reviews of Samsung’s latest flagship, the Galaxy S8 and S8+, are starting to go live today. Our...

Sensor is too high, too small and beside the camera lens which you will just smudge.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                    Loads

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                      Just saw another report that intake of international students at risk because of lack of accommodation, this goes with the ones on brexit multinationals, medical staff etc etc. For someone who hasn't lived in dublin since around 2009, just how bad is the problem and why so? Is it because of airbnb taking a lot of rentals off the market or is this just a way of turbo charging the next construction boom? Where are all the properties and where can they be built?
                      There is loads of space in the sky but the usual nimbys think it would ruin Dublins "iconic" skyline or destroy its "character " or some BS.

Comment

The 6 word version is correct.
                        Although the Hemingway part is a myth think

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                          Is complaining a sport?

Comment

I couldn't give a shite about it myself. The amount of UK folk asking me am I looking forward to it etc (knowing that I'm a rugby fan) is unreal. The Brits seem to be mad for it. I'm very ambivilant towards it and it all feels quite manufactured to me too. You could say that about most commercially successful sport these days too but the Lions circus feels OTT.

I'm more interested in seeing Ireland getting some good games in the US and Japan and young players showing something and our senior players getting a break if I'm honest. Ive no desire to see Sean O Brien, stander or Peter o Mahony flog themselves in NZ. No harm for Henshaw or Murray or Tadhg Furlong to go and experience other playing styles and challenge themselves to develop but the lads who have a lot of miles on the clock would be better off with a month on the beach.
                            ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                              Is complaining a sport?
                              At least I'm staying on topic

Comment

Speaking of rugby. I was at the pro12 final on Saturday.

You have to say Scarlets have done Irish rugby a massive favour. All 4 Irish provinces need to kick on urgently or they'll be left behind as finally skill, speed and space has come back into the game.

It was actually incredible rugby to watch until about 55 minutes when Scarlets just threw on all the subs. The pro12 has become a much better league this year and will be even better next year. In the long run this has to be a good thing for everyone.
                                ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post

You have to say Scarlets have done Irish rugby a massive favour. All 4 Irish provinces need to kick on urgently or they'll be left behind as finally skill, speed and space has come back into the game.

It was actually incredible rugby to watch until about 55 minutes when Scarlets just threw on all the subs. The pro12 has become a much better league this year and will be even better next year. In the long run this has to be a good thing for everyone.
                                  What do you make of the reports about adding SA teams or franchises in north america (Houston/Toronto)

I understand bigger markets is the goal but could there be an option of going into Georgia or Romania? Georgia will guarantee sell outs of 50,000 stadium every game or close to it but they aren't the marque places to play/sell tv coverage obviously.

Comment

They used always play nice rugby. Added a bit of fire in the pack and ran with a purpose. Seeing Munster fans cheering a grubbed kicked into touch in the oppositions half makes me sad.

Comment

It's emigration and migration imo. People leaving the country coming to Dublin for jobs lots of students many Brazilians over staying visas and looking for accom as well. A few years ago was no tower cranes in sight along the skyline. Plenty now but building in suburbs is no good just more congestion it's very hard get accom in Dublin now lack of supply and high prices

Comment

I was at the match to and enjoyed it despite hoping that Munster would do the business - Scarlets were made to look awesome. Sad to see so many head for the doors around the 70 minute mark, though upon consideration (and giving out to the wife) I suppose many of them had a 2-4 hour drive home ahead of them instead of the Luas journey we had. They missed some excitement in the last 10 minutes though, albeit it was never going to impact the result.

Comment

So currently sitting in nandos across from Mia who has a snot on her because she was sick of walking and sooo tired and sooo hungry.

Of course I'm shouting across the table to shut up and she will be fed in five mins and to be fucking grateful and that some of the other kids are probably in fucking burger king! And half their parents didn't come!!!

She then whispers to nanny.... Id love to see how mammy would be if she had to sing non stop for 4 hours and again tonight!

So all picture ( pusses) and no sound at the min.

Jesus hormonal kids
                                          Her sky-ness
                                          © 5starpool

Comment

What do you make of the reports about adding SA teams or franchises in north america (Houston/Toronto)

I understand bigger markets is the goal but could there be an option of going into Georgia or Romania? Georgia will guarantee sell outs of 50,000 stadium every game or close to it but they aren't the marque places to play/sell tv coverage obviously.
                                            I'm unsure of the commercial soundness tbh. From a playing perspective the Scots and the Welsh are producing better teams with a bit more steel so I'm not sure it needs much more tweaking.

At the end of the day it's the third priority in Irish rugby and it gives lots of players a chance to play games at a good standard. Is fucking off to Canada with the B/C team in February and March really going to be a commercial success?

I have serious doubts.

As for a Georgian team instead of an Italian team I feel that's unfair to the Italians and basically fucks them but I've nothing against Georgia either. You could expand to two groups of 8 with a playoff system for the top 8 maybe and have two Georgians and maybe Romania, Spain or Portugal. It might weaken the standard earlier in the year but that might be no harm as you could rest delay pre season for all the Irish internationals. I really don't think North America is a viable option.

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                              So currently sitting in nandos across from Mia who has a snot on her because she was sick of walking and sooo tired and sooo hungry.

Of course I'm shouting across the table to shut up and she will be fed in five mins and to be fucking grateful and that some of the other kids are probably in fucking burger king! And half their parents didn't come!!!

She then whispers to nanny.... Id love to see how mammy would be if she had to sing non stop for 4 hours and again tonight!

So all picture ( pusses) and no sound at the min.

Jesus hormonal kids
                                              Where do they get it from??

Comment

Poker-related post:

Would there be much interest in a low buy-in IPB online poker series? I can create tournaments at GGPoker, either NLH or PLO in a range of formats. Would obviously also sweeten the pot with a few hundred $$$ in added prizes.

I remember there being some fun in doing this in previous years (snagged a $1,150 IWF main event ticket by topping the league at some point IIRC?), though not sure how many people still play online anymore. I guess if anyone thanks this post I'll take it as a sign of potential interest

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                  I was at the match to and enjoyed it despite hoping that Munster would do the business - Scarlets were made to look awesome. Sad to see so many head for the doors around the 70 minute mark, though upon consideration (and giving out to the wife) I suppose many of them had a 2-4 hour drive home ahead of them instead of the Luas journey we had. They missed some excitement in the last 10 minutes though, albeit it was never going to impact the result.
                                                  I left 10 minutes early. Game was over at 55 minutes when Patchel strolled off clapping the crowd. I'd have stayed if it was Leinster but since I was a Lunster for the day fuck that!

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                    I looked it up, never underestimate how much samsung can fuck things up
                                                    If you hadn’t noticed, reviews of Samsung’s latest flagship, the Galaxy S8 and S8+, are starting to go live today. Our...

Sensor is too high, too small and beside the camera lens which you will just smudge.
                                                    Or just cant reach if your hands are too small. But then you could use iris unlock...

Nice hardware... ruined by samsung software... as usual (personal opinion)
                                                    May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Sign up to the WSOP 2017 Fantasy Draft

19 players at moment so almost €500 for the winner. Roll up. 48 hours left!

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                        It's emigration and migration imo. People leaving the country coming to Dublin for jobs lots of students many Brazilians over staying visas and looking for accom as well. A few years ago was no tower cranes in sight along the skyline. Plenty now but building in suburbs is no good just more congestion it's very hard get accom in Dublin now lack of supply and high prices
                                                        Yeah the economy is booming but the construction sector is years behind.
                                                        Most of those cranes are commercial I think rather than the needed residential.

Comment

Poker-related post:

Would there be much interest in a low buy-in IPB online poker series? I can create tournaments at GGPoker, either NLH or PLO in a range of formats. Would obviously also sweeten the pot with a few hundred $$$ in added prizes.

I remember there being some fun in doing this in previous years (snagged a $1,150 IWF main event ticket by topping the league at some point IIRC?), though not sure how many people still play online anymore. I guess if anyone thanks this post I'll take it as a sign of potential interest
                                                          Live tournament would work better? Maybe make us all pay in through the site or something to get sign ups?

I haven't played live in ages. The Sporting Emporium have taken measures to kill their own cash game which had been bustling so that's a pity.

Comment

I'd play that Paul. On a related note, I was thinking of putting on a private HORSE tournament in the Fitz, would people be interested in playing? If we rent the balcony we can drink. Two tables max, small reg to cover a dealer and food, I think it would be a fun evening.

Comment

If you make it a weekend night I'll play Hectorjelly
                                                              Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Fucked off and left them all.currently sitting outside Bruxelles sipping vino

Prob get hammered and miss show
                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

Oh Eldrick

Comment

One of those pics that you're going to see pop up for the rest of your days.

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight View Post
                                                                      Oh Eldrick
                                                                      07:18 AM
                                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

07:18 AM
                                                                        He was caught at 3 which isn't as bad.

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                                                          The Sporting Emporium have taken measures to kill their own cash game which had been bustling so that's a pity.
                                                                          Details please?

Haven't been in there in ages but the Friday night cash game was getting a decent bit of action a while back

Comment

C-kid on suicide watch.
                                                                            you'd never see Padraig Harrington doing this type o thing.

Unless of course it helped his swing.

Comment

Poker-related post:

Friday night homegames on stars used to be great fun. Would certainly try and donate if I was around.

Comment

When did he let himself go so badly? I haven't seen a picture of him in ages but he looks like he has been on the sauce for months.

Opr

Comment

...

Comment

I left 10 minutes early. Game was over at 55 minutes when Patchel strolled off clapping the crowd. I'd have stayed if it was Leinster but since I was a Lunster for the day fuck that!
                                                                                    Munster were 2/7 to win outright but i had them at 6/4 to win between 1-12pts incl in the last leg of a nice treble and a double as i didnt think they were really going to win by more than that. Just before the game i bottled it and had a saver on Munster by 13pts or more. FFSSSS

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                      When did he let himself go so badly? I haven't seen a picture of him in ages but he looks like he has been on the sauce for months.

Opr
                                                                                      Ah I think most people would look that shit at 7am after a night on the sauce and no sleep.
                                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                                        Fucked off and left them all.currently sitting outside Bruxelles sipping vino

Prob get hammered and miss show
                                                                                        Don't miss the show Michelle.
                                                                                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

oh dear.

Sneaker buffs give their views on Kayne West's new trainers, the Adidas Yeezy Boosts. Video: Darren Rice / @ricer Music: Mathman
                                                                                          "Gibney might be the greatest hero of our time." (Keane, 2012; Hitchhiker, 2017)

"Frank Gibney, he's my favourite ." (careca, 2012)
                                                                                          "Frank Gibney, he's my favourite." (mikeb, 2017)

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Gibney View Post
                                                                                            I know someone who is making a decent bit of side money by buying as many of these up as they can. They then sell them in circles on facebook with people willing to pay 3 or 4x the price.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Gibney View Post
                                                                                              Which one is you Frank, the Ginger lad who knows too much about them or yer wan with the blue shoes?

Comment

Which one is you Frank, the Ginger lad who knows too much about them or yer wan with the blue shoes?
                                                                                                We still on for Baywatch on Wed?
                                                                                                "Gibney might be the greatest hero of our time." (Keane, 2012; Hitchhiker, 2017)

Comment

Due to advances in plastic surgery anyone with enough resources could copy your face, but your penis no one would go to that length

Leftovers

edit
                                                                                                  SPOILER
                                                                                                  Last edited by Strewelpeter; 29-05-17, 21:07.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                    Ah I think most people would look that shit at 7am after a night on the sauce and no sleep.
                                                                                                    He may look shit but still I haven't looked that fresh in 10 years .

Comment

Leftovers

edit
                                                                                                      SPOILER
                                                                                                      Another great EP. Season 1 opening music was spooky against the silloutee intro scenes

Comment

...
                                                                                                        Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 29-05-17, 21:14.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                          May fairly destroyed by Paxman on that SkyNews debate. Although the applause for her nonsense brexit stance suggests the Brit public are going to vote on that alone. Never mind her odious social welfare policies. They really are incredible racists. Voting to get rid of the Polish lad who fixes your plumbing and not bothered in the slightest about things like bedroom taxes or putting awful hardship on the very poorest of their fellow Brits.
                                                                                                          Says a lot about the tragic awfulness of Labour really
                                                                                                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

leftovers.

SPOILER
                                                                                                            I haven't cried in a while but that had me just over the edge. I really thought that was that with kevin, he had gone to the big dry cleaners in the sky.

The bunker scene with himself and Pattie was his looking in the mirror of his life and how he fucked up everything with Nora, so emotional when the penny finally dropped with him.

The departure happened, we dont need to know why. Looking forward to watching back on all the episodes with just the, how people grieve perspective.

Im drained after that.
                                                                                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

...

Comment

Oh Lord what a night , hairs standing on my arms and not a dry eye in the house.

350 kids all meeting for the first time at 9.30 am to get in 4 hours practice. It was a truly amazing experience.

Mary Kennedy presented the show . Some composer named Rollo Dilworth came all the way from Philadelphia he was excellent.

Mia was absolutley wrecked come 5.30!
                                                                                                                pics , vids below . I am super super proud every parent had this huge smile , tears in their faces !

5.30 pm

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

Obv hunted him down

SPOILER

always smiling

SPOILER

SPOILER

vids were not permitted but left phone on floor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYrIG1VI3bA

This is the song we were told to listen to carefully , and everyone even men wiped their eyes , unbelievable harmonies

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ES46edsYx7A

on way home lol

SPOILER

Take a look at @ChoirNCC's Tweet: https://twitter.com/ChoirNCC/status/...546867200?s=09
                                                                                                                Last edited by SatNav; 30-05-17, 09:36.
                                                                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                                    Wonder how much the view of Labour is shaped by the media. Corbyn seemed decent tonight. Actually found him more convincing than Miliband ever was.
                                                                                                                    Gwan, tell you've done a double on Coveney and Corbyn.
                                                                                                                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

That was lovely Michelle. Well done to Mia. A very long day indeed and she combined it all with having to babysit two generations of Satnav's in the big smoke. Grace under pressure.

Comment

Kinda have to feel for Trump at this point, there's multiple cameras on him every time he steps foot out in public. Obviously half the things he does are utterly imbecilic. But grab some audioless footage of anyone with telephoto and you'll get oddities

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X