Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
    Uppercuts all over the place 😬
    Best fight I've seen in a while, very entertaining with a nice finish. Glover did well to weather the storm and showed the big heart but he was down 5-0 anyway.

Comment

Talking to my daughter about the proposed development at the Hellfire club and she informs me that the only reason anyone (anyone being her friends) goes there is that it has such a cool name and looks great on their insta tags.
      This is the world we live in.
      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

All this vodka hate.

What do you think gin is made from ?
        This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
          Talking to my daughter about the proposed development at the Hellfire club and she informs me that the only reason anyone (anyone being her friends) goes there is that it has such a cool name and looks great on their insta tags.
          This is the world we live in.
          I mostly went for the shrooms. Is there something more significant about it?
          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

UKIP candidates's flying cars and Interstellar communication policies far more realistic that Trump Making America great

SPOILER

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
              Is there something more significant about it?
              No just that these millennials choose where to go for a walk based on how cool their instagram tags will appear

Comment

5 minutes of a girl on a tannoy saying 'This is the Red Exit' and the crowd cheering it, and booing every time she mentions a different colour.
                Yet its very funny.

Slane 2017 Red Exit at Guns N' RosesThe Slane crowd having some banter with the Garda doing announcements at the red exit To use this video in a commercial p...

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                  All this vodka hate.

That proves nothing! Sure whiskey is made from beer

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                    Thats like comparing an apple tart with a can of bulmers.

Its a lot more acceptable to drink a half bottle of Aldi gin that it is to drink a half bottle of Aldi vodka.
                    This too shall pass.

Comment

La famosa canción de Katy Perry, cantada por James Blunt
                      "Gibney might be the greatest hero of our time." (Keane, 2012; Hitchhiker, 2017)

"Frank Gibney, he's my favourite ." (careca, 2012)
                      "Frank Gibney, he's my favourite." (mikeb, 2017)

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                        All this vodka hate.

I was thinking that myself when I was reading the comments. Gin is, on a technical level, simply a flavoured vodka. The only think that separates it from shitty raspberry Smirnoff is that flavourings are complex natural botanicals, as opposed to artificial flavours.

Also, Scotch only started to dominate ahead of irish whiskey in the 19th century when they started to make grain scotch by putting basically vodka in barrels. It was quicker and cheaper to produce it that what rather than traditional pot still whiskey.

Ironcally, the process was invented by an irishman, but shunned by the Irish distillers at the time. The man took his invention to scotland, and the Irish whiskey was crushed for over a century, possibly still is tbh.

Not really tbh.

Same or similar ingredients, mixed and heated to make wort, but then the processes differ for finishing both. The wort made for whiskey wouldn't be much of a beer.
                        Making Gin literally requires you to make a finished vodka first, then instill the flavours.
                        Last edited by Mellor; 29-05-17, 03:36. Reason: afinished

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                              [TWEET]
                              Needs more stories of him shagging students and waking up pissed on the steps of various conferences centres.

Comment

Comment

I was enthusiastically with you in your takedown of zuut, but lets not turn this into whack-a-prof day. The world needs us now more than ever #FakeNews #AntiVac #TheyNeedAPayRaise #TheHeroesWeNeed
                                  You misunderstand. Drunken antics are my favourite kind of antics. That's a plus, not a criticism

Comment

Calling zuut out as a charlatan of the highest order is a great way to start the week. Starting to doubt all this graphene nonsense too.
                                    Say what now? All I said is Vodka is horrible!

My facetious point was that all drinks are 'similar'

Pretty sure I've said many times that graphene is unlikely to be integrated into anything useful any time soon as well.

Fake news everywhere.

Comment

Comment

his curtsey was awesome also

Comment

So today is the day, off to the big smoke to watch herself sing.

Plan is to collect her at 1.30 after their practice. Lunch at nandos, squeeze in a few savanna ciders. Leprechaun museum and JD sports cause em her superstars are hurting her

Drop her back at 6.30.show stars at 7.30

Gonna be a long day but looking forward to it.
                                          Her sky-ness
                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Planning on visiting Bogerhout –Antwerp in October (to see a gig) . I’ve been to Belgium a few times but never Antwerp.

Thoughts on the place?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                              Planning on visiting Bogerhout –Antwerp in October (to see a gig) . I’ve been to Belgium a few times but never Antwerp.

Thoughts on the place?
                                              Go check out Pelikaan street. Extra points if you can spot the Uzis.
                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Looks like the nuns are giving up on St Vincents.

How many children were we going to kill by opposing handing the new hospital over to them again?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                    Go check out Pelikaan street. Extra points if you can spot the Uzis.
                                                    UZIS? Dublin criminas living there ?

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                      Looks like the nuns are giving up on St Vincents.

How many children were we going to kill by opposing handing the new hospital over to them again?
                                                      Good result but no point in being a sanctimonious prick about it, the question was how many children were you willing to let die for a purely ideological cause. The Nuns have taken the high moral ground so now you can go off and fight them over free on demand abortion on demand ensuring that no hipster will ever have to look a cleft palate or Downs syndrome person in the eye ever again

Comment

Good result but no point in being a sanctimonious prick about it, the question was how many children were you willing to let die for a purely ideological cause. The Nuns have taken the high moral ground so now you can go off and fight them over free on demand abortion on demand ensuring that no hipster will ever have to look a cleft palate or Downs syndrome person in the eye ever again
                                                        Even by your standards of misplaced angst this is a low.

Comment

Comment

Thats a bit simplistic in fairness.
                                                            I have a friend him and his wife there first kid has downes they knew this and still had the child.
                                                            They both have excellent jobs in finance so can better afford the extra help that the kid will need.
                                                            It can look very selfish and it probably is but if you are in a family situation and a kid is going to have severe learning difficultys is it fair on the other children ?
                                                            Can you as a family afford it?
                                                            Can only imagine the strain if you are a single mother even when the child is an adult it will still need possible full time care.
                                                            Its a decision id hate to have to make.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                              Even by your standards of misplaced angst this is a low.
                                                              I thought it was a daycent side swipe, disappointed you arent going to bite stand your ground

Comment

OK halt the convo there imo or you all be infracted.
                                                                Deffo a new low subject matter . I'm locking this thread and let he who is without birth defect cast the 1st moan.

Comment

I thought it was a daycent side swipe, disappointed you arent going to bite stand your ground
                                                                  You got me to type out a half answer two or three times at a low level of steam, but all of a sudden I started laughing. Mortified you nearly caught me.

Comment

Nexus 5x died, RIP. Seems to be some issue hardware issue with a lot of them.

New phone work are getting me doesn't have a fingerprint scanner, my most first world problem yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                                      Thats a bit simplistic in fairness.
                                                                      I have a friend him and his wife there first kid has downes the
                                                                      Oh absolutely, I really was only looking to bait Keane.
                                                                      I have to say though that reports that there has been no one born with either of those conditions in Iceland since genetic testing came in would give anyone pause for thought.
                                                                      I can absolutely see all sides as having merit but the one argument I really hate is the economic one. Number one priority for all of us, ahead of any referendum, should be to have that taken off the table by ensuring that the supports and services that need to be in place are.
                                                                      Scanning the headlines of the Shannon report into Tusla and Gardai child protection arrangements will remind us that that is a close on impossible target

Comment

Going to stroll down to Paudi O Sheas pub in Ventry at 6pm this evening and have a pint of Guinness for every race Ruby trotts up in at Ballinrobe....

Worse ways to spend a Monday evening.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                          Going to stroll down to Paudi O Sheas pub in Ventry at 6pm this evening and have a pint of Guinness for every race Ruby trotts up in at Ballinrobe....

Worse ways to spend a Monday evening.
                                                                          Soberest night you'll have spent in a pub in years...
                                                                          SPOILER
                                                                          even if he goes through the card

Comment

Cyclist in Giro D'Italia gives up loses his lead over an unplanned pitstop...

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Comment

Did a spread bet on Monaco GP selling number of finishers. Spread was 14.25-14.75.
                                                                                13 cars finished but account showed a loss as they put it at 15?

I sent email to support and got this back;

Your trade was on the number of classified finishers in the race. To be counted as classified the drivers need to finish 90% of the race. I have checked this for you and the settlement of 15 is correct, with both Kvyat and Stroll being classified.
                                                                                Shows you need to read the small print !

Comment

...

Comment

don't put yourself down, a lack of fingerprint scanner is a disgrace even in the second and third worlds. It actively irritates me gravely the few times my fingerprint isn't read and need to type the code in. Plus those gobshite companies that put the fingerprint scanner on the front of the phone, when it should clearly be on the back of the phone where your fingers naturally rest. More importantly, is a tech firm that doesn't know this really worth working for?
                                                                                    When my elbow and finger were broken the Nexus 5x got me through tough one-handed times with that well placed delight. You will be missed.

We have now compromised and I'm getting a phone with this most basic of needs, however it's a Samsung and as you have alluded to, are gobshites, they have the fingerprint scanner on the front below the screen, may god have mercy on their souls.

What I'm meant to use my thumb to scan?! That's not even a finger.

Comment

Jeez, 3 nights at Ashford Castle proving an expensive getaway for the 10y wedding anniversary

Any suggestions on a better way to drop less (€2k) that'll keep her happy (has to be in Connaght for child-minding reasons)
                                                                                      Last edited by Dice75; 29-05-17, 11:45.

Comment

Jeez, 3 nights at Ashford Castle proving an expensive getaway for the 10y wedding anniversary
                                                                                        I've been up-first-world-problemed

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                          Cyclist in Giro D'Italia gives up loses his lead over an unplanned pitstop...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpCHOcQxskw
                                                                                          he smashed the timetrial yesterday to come from behind and win.

Comment

I got the Oneplus 3T last week and find the low front fingerprint scanner to be OK for when taking it out of pocket. Also have an index finger stored for when it's sitting on the table.

Comment

Any suggestions on a better way to drop less (€2k) that'll keep her happy (has to be in Connaght for child-minding reasons)
                                                                                              we did cashel house hotel and rosleague manor in the area. both were absolutely lovely and delicious food. very boutique and a little rustic compared to ashford castle , but fantastic nonetheless. never been but ballynahinch castle is in the area also. love ly place, not sure about the food though.

Comment

wineport lodge in athlone is close to being connacht

Comment

Was thinking there things we take for granted.
                                                                                                  Hurt my back four weeks ago was getting terrible spasms but almost cured now and could not walk for more than 15 mins without pain.
                                                                                                  The humble shit a thing many of us do daily if in reasonable health.
                                                                                                  Its a necessary way of getting rid of waste and personally find it great feel like a new person after a good one.
                                                                                                  My housemate has been using a colostomy bag for two years he ahd his large intestine out due to ulceritic colitis.
                                                                                                  Basically he was shitting the whole time up to 40 times a day so as a last resort got it cut out.
                                                                                                  He has had a second surgery now to try and basically hook his arse up to his intestine and use the toilet naturally instead of into a bag.
                                                                                                  There is no guarantee of success its a two step process but im guessing from an intimacy point a bag is a passion killer.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                                                                    Was thinking there things we take for granted.
                                                                                                    Hurt my back four weeks ago was getting terrible spasms but almost cured now and could not walk for more than 15 mins without pain.
                                                                                                    The humble shit a thing many of us do daily if in reasonable health.
                                                                                                    Its a necessary way of getting rid of waste and personally find it great feel like a new person after a good one.
                                                                                                    My housemate has been using a colostomy bag for two years he ahd his large intestine out due to ulceritic colitis.
                                                                                                    Basically he was shitting the whole time up to 40 times a day so as a last resort got it cut out.
                                                                                                    He has had a second surgery now to try and basically hook his arse up to his intestine and use the toilet naturally instead of into a bag.
                                                                                                    There is no guarantee of success its a two step process but im guessing from an intimacy point a bag is a passion killer.
                                                                                                    that's some analysis to be fair. hope it goes well for him.

Comment

Icc champions trophy starts this week.
                                                                                                      50 over 8 team format two get through from both sets of 4 to semi finals.
                                                                                                      Like the look of Finch at 25/1 to be top tourney batsman 1/4 top 4.
                                                                                                      Warner and Smith both 10/1 but Finch should open with warner got a good century his last match and has a 30 so far in todays match v Pakistan.

Comment

...
                                                                                                        Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 29-05-17, 12:49.

Comment

I got the Oneplus 3T last week and find the low front fingerprint scanner to be OK for when taking it out of pocket. Also have an index finger stored for when it's sitting on the table.
                                                                                                          Ya, mine is on the front too and it's grand. A lot of the time I unlock it while it is flat on the desk or something, and if it was on the back this would be annoying. I've about 6 fingerprints stored in it as well.

Comment

I virtually never use my phone as a phone. In fact I hate speaking on the phone, or being contactable in that way. If it was socially viable to not have a phone number of any kind it would be great.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                              When my elbow and finger were broken the Nexus 5x got me through tough one-handed times with that well placed delight. You will be missed.

We have now compromised and I'm getting a phone with this most basic of needs, however it's a Samsung and as you have alluded to, are gobshites, they have the fingerprint scanner on the front below the screen, may god have mercy on their souls.

What I'm meant to use my thumb to scan?! That's not even a finger.
                                                                                                              Tell them to stop being cheap and buy an S8 for you. Obviously.
                                                                                                              May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Grand for one night but I'd imagine you'll be bored out of your tree for three nights. I know its not the same kind of hotel but surely Radisson in Galway, book a nice room, is better option. Close to everything and loads of good restaurants and pubs nearby.

Comment

When you work in a multi-national, any day that is both a UK and a US holiday is a wonderful thing.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                                                                    Grand for one night but I'd imagine you'll be bored out of your tree for three nights. I know its not the same kind of hotel but surely Radisson in Galway, book a nice room, is better option. Close to everything and loads of good restaurants and pubs nearby.
                                                                                                                    Your misses is a lucky woman

Comment

Unlike the gif where we see the vile creep barging his way to the front of the photo op revealing his deep inner ugliness and pathetic little mickey bullying persona, this one is very entertaining

Comment

There's a tweet going around thats very good.

Opening message:

[need to do it this way, as better to read the text of the message before the image, and posting it on a message board puts the image first]

The tweet:

SPOILER
                                                                                                                        8 words, no?

SPOILER
                                                                                                                        For sale. Pair of baby shoes. Never worn.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                                          8 words, no?

SPOILER
                                                                                                                          For sale. Pair of baby shoes. Never worn.
                                                                                                                          The commonly quoted story is:

For sale: Baby shoes. Never Worn.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X