Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Keane View Post
    Not sure what to think about that. I happen to be working with a guy who is from down there who said you'd find it hard to get the same guy to have a bottle of cider on a sunny day.

I wasn't talking to anyone about it really but I'm sure if I asked the guys from the club who play with him they'd say he's the last person you would expect to be 'at it'.

The story that he didn't like the taste of the caffeine tablets he was getting so he went off and sourced his own is hard to swallow though. These boys are very clued in about this stuff. I suppose the anti-doping crowd saying he had strong evidence to support the contaminated supplement excuse is in his favour, as is the fact that taking MCA before a game where he was only going to be coming on for 15 minutes is probably a bit pointless as well.

Not sure JB will be playing midfield for Kerry for the next ten years. Be kind of surprised if he is actually.
    I can tell you now this particular PED doesn't always EP. It's pretty much caffeine. You'd likely find it in lots of products like jack3d, OneMoreRep etc even it is wasn't on the label tbh.

I think the ban was harsh, and I think his name being released by the media was harsh.

Lol at taking it for 15 mins though, poor lad was prob wired for the next 2 weeks.

Yeah if it's against the rules it's against the rules, but ban caffeine so. I'd be shocked if there wasn't lads doing worse.
    This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
      I can tell you now this particular PED doesn't always EP. It's pretty much caffeine. You'd likely find it in lots of products like jack3d, OneMoreRep etc even it is wasn't on the label tbh.

I think the ban was harsh, and I think his name being released by the media was harsh.

Lol at taking it for 15 mins though, poor lad was prob wired for the next 2 weeks.

Yeah if it's against the rules it's against the rules, but ban caffeine so. I'd be shocked if there wasn't lads doing worse.
      They're all well aware that it's in e.g. Jack3D though and that they can't take it. I know for sure because I was talking to Barry John about this exact drug it must be three years ago because he knew I was taking Jack3D going to the gym.

Comment

Mike Quirke had a good article on this when the guy from Monaghan failed his test:

A person’s life and integrity has forever been tarnished in this situation, and if that has come to pass as a result of a lack of proper information and educational protocols within the inter-county teams of the GAA then that must change with immediate effect to ensure that a lack of knowledge and ignorance of the rules can never be an issue for any player testing positive ever again. I’ve always felt that this was a potential incident waiting to happen, and that the drug-testing in the GAA was far more likely to catch the uneducated and uninformed rather than genuine drug cheats.

Comment

On a subject not related to the above, isn't it great that suddenly half of skibbereem are rowing gods?

Comment

Feel sorry for tiger,no booze in system,all strong prescription painkillers ,guy getting destroyed for something pretty understandable given his injuries

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
              As I tweeted earlier, too many are looking for the good in the guy and are looking to excuse and forgive him, just like poor Lance Armstrong the time he suffered from Hemorrhoids and tested positive due to the cream he was using to treat them. Wise up people.
              Kerry people don't need to cheat at GAA

Comment

Tilt.

My sister and mother arguing that "there must be something to the vaccinations being bad for you".

Why do I bother coming home. Time for the chop I reckon.
                All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Question for pu nting experts . If you back a 150 to 1 shot e-way to finish in the top 7 and 6th 7th and 8th are joint 7th. What odds are you paid on ?cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                    Question for pu nting experts . If you back a 150 to 1 shot e-way to finish in the top 7 and 6th 7th and 8th are joint 7th. What odds are you paid on ?cheers
                    2/3rds of your stake at the full e/w odds.

Comment

They're all well aware that it's in e.g. Jack3D though and that they can't take it. I know for sure because I was talking to Barry John about this exact drug it must be three years ago because he knew I was taking Jack3D going to the gym.
                      As I tweeted earlier, too many are looking for the good in the guy and are looking to excuse and forgive him, just like poor Lance Armstrong the time he suffered from Hemorrhoids and tested positive due to the cream he was using to treat them. Wise up people.
                      Maybe he did mean to take it but I just don't think his particular PED is any better than caffeine for Performance Enhancing or appetite control purposes tbh.

If it was something that actively changed your body composition then I think he should face severe punishment.

Comment

I'm sure newbie2 is delighted with Arsene Wengers new 2 year contract

I've never had a strong opinion on it, but happy to back him for the next 2 years. Think it's time to leave some of his philosophy at the front door and just go for it now though. Arsenal need to compete next season. I really hope we don't lose any of our top players, and especially not to our rivals!

Comment

10/1 for the place it's nearly always 1/5 when top 7 being paid.30/1 if placed solo 7th.

Comment

They paid out 10s which seems unfair seen as one player extra costing me 2/3rd. AJ odds seem fairer .

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

They paid out 10s which seems unfair seen as one player extra costing me 2/3rd. AJ odds seem fairer .
                                Looks like a golf bet, but they use dead heat in ties

Comment

My fault, sorry. Nearly took a fella's head off over nothing playing five a side there while ago so obviously got out of bed on the wrong side this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                    Can't blame them really - the Teachers Union (can't remember which one) passed a motion questioning the HPV vaccine based on all their medical knowledge. George Hook and a few Senators 'just raised the question, because people are asking it'. Bound to lead to ordinary people being influenced.
                                    My eldest took a real bad reaction to the 2nd part of the HPV vac. They refused to even considering completing the course.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                      I'm sure newbie2 is delighted with Arsene Wengers new 2 year contract

I've never had a strong opinion on it, but happy to back him for the next 2 years. Think it's time to leave some of his philosophy at the front door and just go for it now though. Arsenal need to compete next season. I really hope we don't lose any of our top players, and especially not to our rivals!
                                      The great thing about this post is it could apply to any season in the last few years
                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Wasn't it released by Kerry GAA and not the media?

Interesting debate on Off The Ball last night about the whole thing. Gist of the Kerry representative's arguments is that GAA players are apparently all dopes and so can't be trusted to not fail these accurate drug tests by mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                          10/1 for the place it's nearly always 1/5 when top 7 being paid.30/1 if placed solo 7th.
                                          I don't understand, its a dead heat surely
                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Prep resource for GMAT - book, online, other? Any recommendations?
                                            I'm using Magoosh now pretty decent value, 150$, then sign up to the Economist with a new email account each week, questions are the same but free full length test each time.
                                            Once you book, you'll have some resources through GMATPrep, worth saving them to the end because they're most test like.

Comment

Comment

If that's Stricker last week it's unquestionably 10s.

Comment

Wonder how much the view of Labour is shaped by the media. Corbyn seemed decent tonight. Actually found him more convincing than Miliband ever was.
                                                  He continues to outperform May by a mile this election and the media continue peddling a lazy narrative of 'strong and stable vs unsuitable'. A rotten society.
                                                  "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Just finished The Detour second season there today. Class mindless comedy imo.

I'm so blonde, I thought that was you giving a class on something or other and thought what a cunt, that poor girls phone lol 😂 😂 😂
                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Question for punting experts . If you back a 150 to 1 shot e-way to finish in the top 7 and 6th 7th and 8th are joint 7th. What odds are you paid on ?cheers
                                                      Looked at this a bit closer and where you are making a mistake is that you've got the result wrong.
                                                      There wasn't a 3way tie for 6th, there was an actually a 3way tie for 7th.
                                                      Heres the result.
                                                      SPOILER
                                                      270 Kevin Kisner 67 67 70 66
                                                      271 Sean O'Hair 67 68 70 66, Jon Rahm (Spa) 66 69 70 66, Jordan Spieth 70 68 68 65
                                                      272 Webb Simpson 68 66 67 71
                                                      273 Danny Lee (Nzl) 70 64 69 70
                                                      274 Steve Stricker 72 71 68 63, Scott Piercy 68 66 72 68, Brian Harman 69 69 71 65
                                                      276 Paul Casey (Eng) 69 66 68 73, Stewart Cink 68 70 66 72

So Stricker, Piercy and Harman are actually 7th,8th, 9th all sharing 7th place.
                                                      So you only entitled to 1/3 your stake at 150/5, so ~10/1 is correct.

Comment

Ah shite. Spot on A J . Some scuttery villain crept into the places. I should have rechecked . Embarassing but at least I can aftertime 10 to 1 winner.

Cheers Army

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                          If that's Stricker last week it's unquestionably 10s.
                                                          Piercy .

Comment

I would take Wenger at United. At least he entertains. Utd have enough trophies . Play sexy

Comment

Can't blame them really - the Teachers Union (can't remember which one) passed a motion questioning the HPV vaccine based on all their medical knowledge. George Hook and a few Senators 'just raised the question, because people are asking it'. Bound to lead to ordinary people being influenced.
                                                              Our doctor here in Spain recommended not getting the HPV vaccine for our 13 year old daughter. He has 2 daughters and didn't give them the vaccine.
                                                              AFAIK there are some parents suing for damages here for serious side affects alleged to be caused by it.

Comment

Anyone else spot some resemblance between the Huddersfield manager loving ipbieber?
                                                                X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                                  Great stuff I love poker. Pm real name for Facebook add age have you a web cam ? Makes hu play so much more fun ty ty
                                                                  Felicia hotbody.

Comment

Comment

How did Andy's gig go down?
                                                                      Was hoping to make it in but shit to do got in the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                        Similar to his werewolf modding, he slept it out then made unfunny jokes when he was 3 hours late and it went down a treat.

I may support the man next time, bigger balls than any of us on here.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                          He continues to outperform May by a mile this election and the media continue peddling a lazy narrative of 'strong and stable vs unsuitable'. A rotten society.
                                                                          Tories massively cut funding to Labour councils
                                                                          Labour councils have to cut services
                                                                          People complain to Labour about cuts in services

People vote Tory in council elections because they are stronger than Labour

You could make it up, but you would get told it wasn't realistic enough & you have to write another draft

The human race are top of the tree because all the other animals are as dumb as fuck

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                                                                            Cooked elderly in laws stuff pork fillet wrapped in bacon. They poked at it saying that it was raw as it had a slight pink tinge to it. I tried to explain that no need to overcook pork these days and that the bacon would impart a tinge to it as well.
                                                                            Pork can be served rare. The myth that it needs to be overdone refuses to go away.
                                                                            It came about because back in the day, pigs raised in crap conditions, often had parasites. Cooking it through made sure he parasites are dead.
                                                                            With modern farming the occurrence of such parasites is practically zero.

Wait, he popped for DMAA? lol. That's ridiculously harsh tbh.
                                                                            His story actually makes a lot of sense. Very easy to pick up something containing it in a herbal/supplement shop. I'd imagine a few of us here have used it (I have).
                                                                            I don't believe that it was contaminated, most likely he was taking something that genuinely had it as an ingredient, maybe under a different name.

Are you talking about the Kerry player or Monaghan?
                                                                            If it's Kerry, it's nothing like Lance tbh. It's not like he is saying he accidentally took a steroid for his arse.
                                                                            He intentionally took a stimulant, for the purposes of being a stimulant, that contained a banned stimulant. The stimulant in question available to the public OTC. It's banned in sport because at high doses it aids weigh loss and could be dangerous to take too much.

Originally posted by Keane
                                                                            Mike Quirke had a good article on this when the guy from Monaghan failed his test:

Back in early part of summer 2007, I was suffering with a persistent head cold that I just couldn’t shake. 
                                                                            Admittedly, I just heard about this guy from Monaghan from the above article. But thats a load of bollox tbh. Sounds like the author doesn't really understand the situation and is projecting his own experiences on to it.

Comment

I hope he then recommended regular pap smears after about the age of 18 in order to detect cervical cancer early in case it does happen? If he didn't, you need a new doctor pronto.

As you know cervical cancer is easily (albeit painfully) curable with early detection, the problem is it has no symptoms and young people tend not to get themselves checked due to an assumption of eternal health. My cousin, a nurse, died of it at 22. Had a pain one day and three months later she was in the ground. So easily avoidable. That's the reason for the vaccine that people don't get themselves checked.

In fairness, the Spanish health system is very good, so they probably do offer regular pap smears. *think* they cost a lot in Ireland if you don't want to wait for ages, hence the vaccine being extra necessary there.

hmm my rambling point is he's a bad doctor if he didn't follow up his recommendation to not get the vaccine with advice for the kids to get regular pap smears after a certain age!
                                                                              Yeah absolutely, he's the best doctor we've ever had. Speaks Spanish, English, Dutch, German, French fluently with patients. He did recommend smears rather than vaccine, we spoke about the pro's and cons.
                                                                              I wouldn't risk my family's health without careful consideration.

My daughter had all her shots in Germany because we were living there. When we came home she was in school and the next round of vaccinations came up (4 in 1 and MMR boost). We went with her because we wanted to discuss with the doctor which vaccinations she was due. They were looking at her vaccination book from Germany and were confused about what she had already received and what she was due. The doctor said "ah we'll give her another MMR, it won't do her any harm". I refused and flew her to Germany a few weeks later to our old doctor. She wasn't due another MMR, she was already up to date with that and the German doctor was horrified that the Irish doctor would blithely risk more vaccinations than was needed.

The Mrs gets smear & mammogram every year so the daughter knows that it's normal for a woman to get tested. Because of family history she also gets an ECG and bone density test every 2 years and the usual blood tests etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

Admittedly, I just heard about this guy from Monaghan from the above article. But thats a load of bollox tbh. Sounds like the author doesn't really understand the situation and is projecting his own experiences on to it.
                                                                                Which bit? Connolly was only a guy in with Monaghan for trials for a few weeks. He says he never got the anti-doping info and took a few anti-inflams someone gave him because he wasn't used to the training. Ends up banned for two years and will go down as the first ever drugs cheat in GAA.

He could be as innocent as he says or as guilty as possible but I have no trouble believing he wasn't given any info or training on anti-doping when called in to train for a few weeks with the panel.

Comment

The covfefe.
                                                                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Shipped off to the sky stand in Naas Tesco extra today . It's like a dead zone no decent shops to even Doss about in!

Anyhoo anyone nearby looking for sky ye know where I am
                                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Brace yourselves for some truly unhinged ant Corbyn stuff in the press after the latest polls

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                        Brace yourselves for some truly unhinged ant Corbyn stuff in the press after the latest polls
                                                                                        You read the UK press? And the Indo.

No wonder you have issues.
                                                                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

When are we due to find out who wins the FG leadership?

Comment

So, anyone looking for a job, or knows of someone looking for a job? We're looking for two good people:

1) Digital Marketing Manager: https://ie.indeed.com/cmp/NSUS-Limit...eca1760d5d150b

Fairly standard job spec there, if anyone knows someone suitable, please pass it along and let me know if they apply, will keep an eye out for the application.

2) Live Business Development Manager: no job spec for this just yet, it's more of a specialist position. Basically we're looking for someone with knowledge of the live poker scene who will go out into the live poker market and help us build partnerships throughout Ireland (to begin with) and then the UK. Success will be determined by the number/quality of deals made and ultimately on the number of new players that sign up to GGPoker as a result.

Again, this is a tougher one to fill (probably won't be done via Indeed.com or a standard jobs site!) but if anyone is interested in this or knows of someone they think might be suitable, please get in touch.

God damn FG-led government and their full employment in Dublin; it's fecking impossible to hire people anymore

Comment

When are we due to find out who wins the FG leadership?
                                                                                                  Friday evening.

Comment

Markets are irrationally high at the moment, thats when you want to sell. Plus we're only selling 25% of AIB initially. Having that market listing then creates increased value for the remaining 75% as a listed company is worth more than an unlisted company.
                                                                                                    Also best to start selling them now before the online banks start to take a more significant bite out of the marketplace.

Lots of the tech savy nerds I work with have moved away from bricks and mortar banks so it will only be a matter of time before it hits the more mainstream. I know a few guys on here did the same.

Comment

I hope he then recommended regular pap smears after about the age of 18 in order to detect cervical cancer early in case it does happen? If he didn't, you need a new doctor pronto.

As you know cervical cancer is easily (albeit painfully) curable with early detection, the problem is it has no symptoms and young people tend not to get themselves checked due to an assumption of eternal health. My cousin, a nurse, died of it at 22. Had a pain one day and three months later she was in the ground. So easily avoidable. That's the reason for the vaccine that people don't get themselves checked.

In fairness, the Spanish health system is very good, so they probably do offer regular pap smears. *think* they cost a lot in Ireland if you don't want to wait for ages, hence the vaccine being extra necessary there.

hmm my rambling point is he's a bad doctor if he didn't follow up his recommendation to not get the vaccine with advice for the kids to get regular pap smears after a certain age!
                                                                                                      I do not know if I would let my youngest get the HPV vac when the time comes. I am in no way anti vac or anything but there have been too many things with people I know with this one to just get it.

I know the dangers of cervical cancer. My best friend had it 17 years ago. Only had a smear the year before and all was fine. Had a surprise baby and in Scotland you get a smear 6 weeks post partum and it was detected there. Pregnancy can speed up the cancer and it went pretty far and fast. Lucky she got through it and is still here today.

I think the Spanish dr is right in what he said.
                                                                                                      I would much prefer to get regular smears than rely on this vaccine.

Comment

I gave the top award at the DCU Scifest to a pair of girls who did a great study into HPV side effects in their school. They noticed a correlation between the nervousness of the student about getting it and the severity of the side effects.

Comment

...

Comment

Revenue dishing out the burns to me, I had asked them do I need to send them my p60's and they had replied with yes, send them, so I did.

The PM on revenue begins with:

Dear Ms Tar, I am replying to your unsecure email dated 20/05/17.
                                                                                                            Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 31-05-17, 10:02.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                              FUCKKK!!!!
                                                                                                              I knew there was something I was forgetting.
                                                                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

you put me to shame with the thought you've put into this! fair play
                                                                                                                I know you have a couple of rugrats, I don't think I know one parent that doesn't have at least a niggle in the back of their mind when it comes to vaccination day.

I have a cousin and a good friend who both have autistic children who both swear that they were healthy normal children right up to having the MMR.
                                                                                                                I know it's not a good argument for not getting your child immunized and I didn't consider not getting it for my daughter but you hope that IF the MMR does cause autism in a minority of children, that the odds are in your favour and it won't be your child.

It's not the only time I took my daughter to Germany for medical care but that's another story.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                                  I gave the top award at the DCU Scifest to a pair of girls who did a great study into HPV side effects in their school. They noticed a correlation between the nervousness of the student about getting it and the severity of the side effects.
                                                                                                                  Was there placebos involved in the study?

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
                                                                                                                    Was there placebos involved in the study?
                                                                                                                    No, they were 5th year school students! I'm not saying it was definitive, just a nice project on the current topic of discussion

Comment

FAO Solks

Comment

You forgot to confirm Lances innocence for me as well.
                                                                                                                        You've lost me there.

The Kerry lad intentionally took some stimulant pills. He's been sanctioned for that. It's a bit harsh because an OTC products is considered on par with anabolic steroids, not because he's innocent.
                                                                                                                        He's not pretending he was for a sore back or anything. He admits he bought the pills for their stimulant effects though. I can't think of any more sinister reason that he is hiding.

I'm not too familiar with the Lance Armstrong bum cream situation. But anabolic steroids wouldn't be used to treat that, so I'd guess it was cortisone which is permitted. It was only years later that they found the EPO in his old samples.

Which bit? Connolly was only a guy in with Monaghan for trials for a few weeks. He says he never got the anti-doping info and took a few anti-inflams someone gave him because he wasn't used to the training. Ends up banned for two years and will go down as the first ever drugs cheat in GAA.

He could be as innocent as he says or as guilty as possible but I have no trouble believing he wasn't given any info or training on anti-doping when called in to train for a few weeks with the panel.
                                                                                                                        I have no trouble believing he wasn't given anti-doping training either. But's that's not relevant tbh. He didn't pop for an anti-flamitory painkiller that was off limits. He was taking steroids. He didn't need to receive special training to know steroids are against the rules.
                                                                                                                        His story about a guy giving him some pills in work is lolworthy. People don't accidentally get their hands on expensive steroids.

Comment

Just thinking back to that guy on boards that was buying a balanced portfolio by buying 5k of each company in alphabetical order over time. Alphabet, Amazon, Apple - the guy must be doing well!

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X