This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
    I thought a crucial turning point in the game was when McManamon made such a complete shambles of an effort to pass the the ball over the posts that he was able to con the ref into overturning the 100% clear wide into a 45 that was turned into a crucial score.
    I feel for u M8. Jack maCaff and Rory back next year gonna be a long year in the bunker.

Comment

Zod ur some WUM m8. 10/10 for effort. Wp

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
        I'm gonna end up having to call my first born after you if you keep coming through for final tickets pal!

Usual scramble starts now. Mayo are hoovers for tickets too.

I thought Dublin were magnificent today. Wobbled a bit but just kept going until the win was there. Also Kerry are a great team but a large part of that is down to Fitzmaurice if you ask me. He has them at a peak. Those minor teams coming behind will swell the ranks with the reinforcements he needs
        No he is useless, twice they/ he have been made to look decent by Dublin allowing them to hang on in games. Bringing Galvin back last year treating Tommy Walshe / BJ Keane badly show how poor he is. All this should be taken with a pinch of salt of xlcourse as I have just been thrown out of an amusement park in fuengerola.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
          Shitstorm in the US over 49ers QB refusing to stand for national anthem due to state oppression

Love the dog who walks into frame around 25 sec,has a look at what's going on and says fuck this shit I'm out of here
          Some people are just so odd.

Comment

You culchies and scumdubs including kildare are the worst part about this country. Last few pages a disgrace, up there with lolcork cunts.

I declare Wicklow a republic. Will round up the troops and beat yis in the mountains.

Tiocfaidh ár feck off ye cunts.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
              You culchies and scumdubs including kildare are the worst part about this country. Last few pages a disgrace, up there with lolcork cunts.

I declare Wicklow a republic. Will round up the troops and beat yis in the mountains.

Tiocfaidh ár feck off ye cunts.
              We accept your declaration as a republic!

What is going to be your currency?

Wicklow Shamrocks season tickets?

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                Really looking forward to Australia. I am not planning on saving much money (i cringe in terror when I read the posts about pension plans by v for v).
                A pension is compulsory for all Australian employers.
                Assuming your a direct employee you'll be getting 9.5% paid into a superfund when you here.

Originally posted by cooker3 View Post
                Once Australia changes their tax laws next year I imagine a lot more people will be hitting NZ.
                I don't think that's signed into law yet.
                Regardless, pay is apparently pittance in New Zealand. Never worked there so can't compare, or say for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                  Assuming your a direct employee you'll be getting 9.5% paid into a superfund when you here.
                  Yep. That is the case. Assume that it get refunded in two/three years when leave the country or what happens to it?
                  No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

I don't think that's signed into law yet.
                    Regardless, pay is apparently pittance in New Zealand. Never worked there so can't compare, or say for sure.
                    Well I know they delayed it by 6 months but my understanding is due to come in January 1st. I hope not though.

There are some jobs where you wouldn't get as much as the equivalent as Australia but for those who I knew when I was there it was still a pretty good equivalence. (I actually did better in NZ but more an exception I think)

Comment

Yep. That is the case. Assume that it get refunded in two/three years when leave the country or what happens to it?
                      Yeah you can claim it back, basically as soon as you leave the country although you will have to pay a 35% tax on it.

Comment

Yeah you can claim it back, basically as soon as you leave the country although you will have to pay a 35% tax on it.
                        Bloody hell, that's expensive.
                        No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Well I know they delayed it by 6 months but my understanding is due to come in January 1st. I hope not though.

There are some jobs where you wouldn't get as much as the equivalent as Australia but for those who I knew when I was there it was still a pretty good equivalence. (I actually did better in NZ but more an exception I think)
                          Yeah, I am taking a small/moderate cut to get to Australia (compared to US, even through it is a step up in terms of responsibilities), it is still more than what would get in ireland. That actually didn't bother me at all, as the money is not the priority. Had cold feet about going back to ireland, I just wanna keep travelling and see that part of the world extensively. I am definately not ready to settle down.

Comment

You can claim it back or leave it there accumulating until you are 65.
                            Claimit it back early will see you hit for tax. I think the initiall rate is 30%, increasing to close to 40%.

There id still no law drafted for it, and the latest budget made no mentino of it that I can remember. I don't imagine they can just change the tax laws that much in the middle of the financial year.

NZ has an average wage of about $50k, Australia is about $70k.
                            Obvious that depends on what yo do, and extra wages means less when you are losing more to tax and paying more for accommodation.

Comment

You can claim it back or leave it there accumulating until you are 65.
                              Claimit it back early will see you hit for tax. I think the initiall rate is 30%, increasing to close to 40%.
                              Hmmm... Assuming the accumulation interest is greater than inflation and the time depreciation of money, you would receive it all back tax free at age of 65?

Mmm, that is quite a life gamble, cash out early and lose 1/3, or let it ride hoping you still be alive to claim it all.

Comment

Oh holy fuck, Waterpark in 3 hours.

Comment

Hmmm... Assuming the accumulation interest is greater than inflation and the time depreciation of money, you would receive it all back tax free at age of 65?

Mmm, that is quite a life gamble, cash out early and lose 1/3, or let it ride hoping you still be alive to claim it all.
                                  What do you mean by "the depreciation of money", as a separate consideration to inflation. I'd assume that's one and the same. But beating long term inflation is pretty much the goal for any pension.

But is not much of a gamble tbh. You'd have to run epic bad for the lose more than 1/3 (in comparable value) over 30-40 years. Cashing it out now is the short term enjoyment option, not the financially sound option. But sure cross that bridge when you come to it.

IPB - Irish Pension Boards

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

What do you mean by "the depreciation of money", as a separate consideration to inflation. I'd assume that's one and the same. But beating long term inflation is pretty much the goal for any pension.

But is not much of a gamble tbh. You'd have to run epic bad for the lose more than 1/3 (in comparable value) over 30-40 years. Cashing it out now is the short term enjoyment option, not the financially sound option. But sure cross that bridge when you come to it.

IPB - Irish Pension Boards
                                      Think it one and same. I just have something at the back of my head about time value of money, but that probably instrisically included.

I say Australians are not stupid are they, you are required to have australian health insurance prior the visa application and compulsory pensions, etc... Maybe hitch can advise, but are their economical model is one for ireland to aspire to (have genuine no real idea as never paid attention to it before) but since Hitch is comparing the French model to irish, he can tell us where the Australian model rank, am interested.
                                      Last edited by pokerhand; 29-08-16, 07:35.

Comment

Off to Tayto Park for the last hurrah of the summer before kids go back to school tomorrow (thank fuck). That Cuchullain yoke looks like heaven for a lad with vertigo.
                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                              Off to Tayto Park for the last hurrah of the summer before kids go back to school tomorrow (thank fuck). That Cuchullain yoke looks like heaven for a lad with vertigo.
                                              Go on it. But go early or you will be waiting over an hour.
                                              His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Electric picnic stage times out:

Here’s the first stage times for the Main, Rankin’s Wood, Other Voices and Body and Soul stages. We'll have more for you tomorrow

Comment

I see Dublin won the football thing, I was in town after the match yesterday and you definitely wouldn't have thought that was the result. All the Kerry fans were having a great time and Dublin supports were looking pretty grim, not a smile in the bunch. Probably just happy to see all the cars and traffic lights and things.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                                    shit, now I feel old. I dont know 80% of those acts
                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

if you are subscribed to the irish times, you are confirmed old anyhow. gg
                                                      X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                        I see Dublin won the football thing, I was in town after the match yesterday and you definitely wouldn't have thought that was the result. All the Kerry fans were having a great time and Dublin supports were looking pretty grim, not a smile in the bunch. Probably just happy to see all the cars and traffic lights and things.
                                                        like mind altering drugs, that level of stimulation
                                                        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Christmas View Post
                                                          Due to their solid technical skills, if you just open it up in an incognito tab you can browse freely without the subscription

Comment

I say Australians are not stupid are they, you are required to have australian health insurance prior the visa application and compulsory pensions, etc...
                                                            What visa is it? Guessing it's a 457
                                                            You probably don't need health insurance if that's the case (assuming you've an irish passport)
                                                            Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                            Also I'm fairly certain you can only cash in your contributions not your employer contributions. Lets say your salary is AUD$100k and your employer contributes 10% to pension and you add 5%. Let's also assume your pension is tax deductible at 40%.

So that means that every year $15k is being added to your pension, but its only costing you $3k. After five years you have $75k saved in a pension or you could cash out your contributions for (($5k x 5) x 0.6) = $15k (as you have to pay back the tax break you got on the pension contributions originally.

So you are looking at choosing between $15k now or $75k in today's money (that will continue to increase) saved for your pension. You'd want to have a fairly solid plan to top yourself at 64 years and 364 days if you are choosing the $15k option.
                                                            Not quite. The employers contributions are compulsory regardless of whether or not he contributes from his own salary. He can of course to reduce tax, but it makes no difference to the decision to cash in.

In the example above, over the 5 years his employer contributes c.$50k. If he leaves australia, he has the option to cash in the pension. He'll get $31k as a lump sum (after tax) or can leave it it there until he eligible to retire and claim is (60 years old). Lots of people leaving Oz after a few years claim it back.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                              Are you winding up now? This was indisputably a 45. My understanding was it was the linesman who intervened after the umpire was like a rabbit in the headlights with the football coming towards him.
                                                              No, for once you are wrong I'm basing it on looking at the replay, no Kerry hand even came close to touching the ball.
                                                              You'd have to give McMenamon 10/10 for convincing them

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Dublin City Triathlon yday.

Imagine the fright the poor fucker got.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                                                  Due to their solid technical skills, if you just open it up in an incognito tab you can browse freely without the subscription
                                                                  I imagine they know that but don't care, the people who would be trying that are not the ones that are generally paying anything anyway! I had to uninstall the app from my phone, much happier just not reading any paper.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Christmas View Post
                                                                    if you pay for irish times, you are old, us young cants use it for free

edit: Ed got there 1st
                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Thinking of AirBnB'ing a houseboat in Leiden, who had that sign up bonus thing?
                                                                      Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 29-08-16, 11:50.

Comment

Are you winding up now? This was indisputably a 45. My understanding was it was the linesman who intervened after the umpire was like a rabbit in the headlights with the football coming towards him.
                                                                        Same umpire who was running for the green flag as soon as cluxton fumbled in the first half. Probably at home now with a face on him like he was chewing a wasp.
                                                                        Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Interesting. OCI effectively throwing Hickey, and maybe one or two others, to the wolves, assuming this article is correct.

[Dont forget to read using incognito tab .... ]

Comment

Well if you insist

Very hard to go back to regular hotels after AirBnB'ing
                                                                                I had a dodgy enough experience with them recently.

I booked through a page that was a full Apartment but when I got there it was a share. Yer wan had her line off pat, Oh I have it listed twice at two different prices. So when I went back in to the property from the confirmation email it was a different one than I'd clicked through and was indeed a share. I didn't want to stay in a shared apt and fuck her she'd already been a pain in the arse about two things (Last minute change of times and shit directions). She agreed she'd refund in full but when I claimed she would only return half. AirBnB don't want to know and I couldn't be arsed fussing over €50. What is annoying is that because it was a cancellation there is no mechanism for me to leave negative feedback about her.
                                                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                    I had a dodgy enough experience with them recently.

I booked through a page that was a full Apartment but when I got there it was a share. Yer wan had her line off pat, Oh I have it listed twice at two different prices. So when I went back in to the property from the confirmation email it was a different one than I'd clicked through and was indeed a share. I didn't want to stay in a shared apt and fuck her she'd already been a pain in the arse about two things (Last minute change of times and shit directions). She agreed she'd refund in full but when I claimed she would only return half. AirBnB don't want to know and I couldn't be arsed fussing over €50. What is annoying is that because it was a cancellation there is no mechanism for me to leave negative feedback about her.
                                                                                    Grass her up to the taxman

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
                                                                                        Over the best three months I've read -

Kingkiller Chronicles > Gentlemen Bastards > First Law > Broken Empire.
                                                                                        Cheers for the recommendation, half way through the second kingkiller book

Comment

Anyone able to find me a clip of Barry John's point?

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                            Anyone able to find me a clip of Barry John's point?
                                                                                            That was majestic. Gets the ball off Enright, he gets tracked, nothing on inside, sure I'll just pop it over. Some kick.

Comment

Well if you insist

Very hard to go back to regular hotels after AirBnB'ing
                                                                                              Sorry found a sig by a certain Lord after I posted but next time I will make a new account just for you! (and also me)
                                                                                              Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 29-08-16, 14:01.

Comment

You contacted AirBnB and they didn't do anything? wow, thats bizarely shortsighted on their behalf, as customer service is vital in online companies. E.g. the way Amazon have easily the best customer service of any retail company, as they know you need that reassurance when you can't physically touch the products.
                                                                                                Works too, I will make sure I can't get something from any of the amazon sites before looking elsewhere, their customer service is so good. ATM I'm returning a tablet to John Lewis and have to go get a quote on postage before discussing the return with them again, pain in the hole.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                  That was majestic. Gets the ball off Enright, he gets tracked, nothing on inside, sure I'll just pop it over. Some kick.
                                                                                                  He's a baller. I don't think most people realise how good he is. A lot of fans from other counties genuinely seem to think he's average.

Comment

And about 5 mins later he is screaming at David Moran to slip a pass out to him and David tries it himself and misses. Small margins.

I know he is from my old club and is a terribly nice guy, tries his arse off, had some serious injuries and got back from them but David really annoys me at times. He had a decent game yesterday, certainly matched Fenton if not on top but he lost possession about 4 times at crucial stages of the game. The handpass up the line to BJ, which went out over the sideline, was never on and the likes of Gooch would never have tried it. Also wins the throw in after HT (crucial period imo. if we score first Dubs def worried) loses possession and down go the dubs and score. Maybe I'm highly critical but as I said, small margins.

Comment

Yeah? Okay, thats very different to Ireland so. Fairly certain the employer part is lost if you choose to cash in early (e.g. before the two year deadline)
                                                                                                      Yeah, very different here. It's essentially a cost of doing business for employeers. No cash out deadline either. You can cash out if you permanently leave Australia. Has to be -EV though.
                                                                                                      Because I'll always have the option to return (if I left) I can't cash out. I'm in for the long play.

Comment

Stephen Hunt doesn't really like Robbie Keane huh?
                                                                                                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Stephen Hunt needs to disappear back under whatever rock he came from. No business in the media. Terrible.

Comment

...

Comment

I think Hunt comes off well in that piece. It is honest and he isn't trying to score any cheap shots.
                                                                                                              Basically he just says: "Robbie is a cunt...but it's understandable" 10 times.

Comment

Yeah and if they want you to return it they send you a prepaid thing to stick on the package. I have about 3 kindles returned to them but they make the money back by me buying everything there.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                                  He's a baller. I don't think most people realise how good he is. A lot of fans from other counties genuinely seem to think he's average.
                                                                                                                  Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                                                                  And about 5 mins later he is screaming at David Moran to slip a pass out to him and David tries it himself and misses. Small margins.

I know he is from my old club and is a terribly nice guy, tries his arse off, had some serious injuries and got back from them but David really annoys me at times. He had a decent game yesterday, certainly matched Fenton if not on top but he lost possession about 4 times at crucial stages of the game. The handpass up the line to BJ, which went out over the sideline, was never on and the likes of Gooch would never have tried it. Also wins the throw in after HT (crucial period imo. if we score first Dubs def worried) loses possession and down go the dubs and score. Maybe I'm highly critical but as I said, small margins.
                                                                                                                  I'm a huge fan of his. Keane I think I told you before about the time I met him in 2014 and he was in the piss. Still stopped and had a chat. No BS just a pure normal lad and ever since I love to see him do well. It also helps that you're guaranteed a few points off him. It's a mix of bad timing with all the talent there now and his injuries that meant he hasn't got as much game time. Still has that medal tho.

And yeah I agree about Moran. Found myself shaking my head too many times yesterday. And if someone like me can spot it, it must be blatantly obvious. He just seemed to be trying to hard for some resson.

Comment

What's wrong with that? He recognises all his positives as well.
                                                                                                                    Just seems a weird article to write. Comes across like he has no conviction in his opinion and tries to temper every criticism. Either stick the knife in or don't. Also a bit shit to send him up the river the week he retires.

Comment

What's wrong with that? He recognises all his positives as well.
                                                                                                                      It was a ridiculously petty article.

Comment

...

Comment

Was his first posession as well I think?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X