This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
    Serious cat question annoying cat outside my back door the last three weeks.
    Constantly scratching t the wooden door.IS fairly friendly so very possibly someones pet.
    Is there somewhere I can bring this animal am sick of the sight of it don't want to do a sat nav on said moggy.
    Cat is ginger with 4 white legs.
    You can call the DSPCA 01 4994700

email usinfo@dspca.ie

What to do with a stray.

Call the DSPCA to get the animal logged in their Lost and Found Book or your local animal shelter. They will take the cat and take a photo and put it on their site etc.

They will also check if the cat is mirco chipped. If they can't find the owner they will find a good owner.

From the site

If the animal is uninjured and hungry, please feed it with appropriate food, and make water available (don't give milk as the animal may be lactose intolerant).N.B: If you find a VERY skinny or sick animal PLEASE DO NOT feed more than a tablespoon of food. Over feeding a skinny or sick animal prior to veterinary examination can cause serious health problems.
    And good on you for taking the time to do something Hugs !
    Last edited by Guest; 04-02-17, 21:57.

Comment

Originally posted by PeaceandFire View Post
      You can call the DSPCA 01 4994700

email usinfo@dspca.ie

Call the DSPCA to get the animal logged in their Lost and Found Book or your local animal shelter. They will take the cat and take a photo and put it on their site etc.

They will also check if the cat is mirco chipped. If they can't find the owner they will find a good owner.

Wouldn't stop scratching my antique door gave it a belt of a shovel gg pussy.

Comment

Thought you'd be more of a put it in a bag, and drop it in the local canal/river type.
        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
          Speaking of nerves, currently enjoying the hospitality of Beaumont A&E. Very intense nerve pain coming from my back - like worst I have ever experienced.

I blame Joe Schmidt.
          Sorry to hear that.

don't go to dcotors if you have back pain - go to someone that can actually help you i.e. physio's maybe chiropracters / physical therapists etc. All we can do is give pain relief and most of the time we wont give you enough
          Send him for some homeopathy while you're at it. Guaranteed to do less harm, by doing nothing at all.
          My mother was immobilized by back pain. And her chiropracter fixed it totally. She was referred by a doctor. But he doesn't physically crack bones any longer. That's old fashioned. He has a sonar pulse machine. It frees up the nerves. Much less painful treatment. It really worked totally for her though.

But ask your doctor first i guess.

Comment

Do you think you are funny? You look like a gobshite to me. Bye done with you.

Comment

Do you think you are funny? You look like a gobshite to me. Bye done with you.
              Ah don't your great craic .

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy
                Fucker has me cleaned out had loads of tins of fish for a nuclear war cat has them all gone.
                Never be cruel to a defenceless animal.
                Phew!

I don't have to find you and kill you!

Sorry

I am too gullible !

Sorry. Should have known you would never!

Comment

Ah don't your great craic .
                  If you didn't kill the cat ...then we're fine.

Comment

Phew!

I don't have to find you and kill you!

Sorry

I am too gullible !

Sorry. Should have known you would never!
                    Cats are not defenceless though agile fast claws teeth night vision good hearing thing is a killer.

Comment

Sorry to hear that.

My mother was immobilized by back pain. And her chiropracter fixed it totally. She was referred by a doctor. But he doesn't physically crack bones any longer. That's old fashioned. He has a sonar pulse machine. It frees up the nerves. Much less painful treatment. It really worked totally for her though.

But ask your doctor first i guess.
                      Back pain is very hard to treat and often goes away untreated, so you get a lot of false positives. Its very unlikely the chiropractor fixed it.

Comment

As usual I'm still in search of Ireland vs Wales tickets by the way, the Austria ones last minute were a total fluke and I am feeling a lot less optimistic about these ones but if anyone knows of any going I'd be very grateful to have them(2 preferably, will take one though as I need to go!)
                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Oh and you were saying name and shame places that don't give their staff tips -O'Connells in Donnybrook don't, not sure exactly what % they take but it's very very high
                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

In a strange and unique week I was part of my first international rugby setup this week and watched Gleason tonight.

The hit documentary from the 2016 Sundance Film Festival goes inside the life of Steve Gleason, the former New Orleans Saints defensive back who, at the age ...

It is the most emotional film I have ever watched, not sure why it reasonated so much with me. it's very unlikely i'll have kids so all of my focus goes into rugby to make a legacy I guess. I have very little empathy and emotion but for some reason Ic can't help but be inspired to make a difference in someones life because of this film.

Comment

Watched The founder, worthy of a watch if your into cut throat sales
                              Her sky-ness
                              © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                Back pain is very hard to treat and often goes away untreated, so you get a lot of false positives. Its very unlikely the chiropractor fixed it.

http://www.cochrane.org/CD009169/BAC...-low-back-pain
                                He fixed it within seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                  Oh and you were saying name and shame places that don't give their staff tips -O'Connells in Donnybrook don't, not sure exactly what % they take but it's very very high
                                  Turns out they give their staff 35 each per week, regardless of what was tipped.
                                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                    Just walked in door from work (all be it, finished at 3:00, drinking since), back in at 13:00 & workin til about 2:30 for first day of 6Nations in a rugby pub!

So...Ahhhhh...in the words of aaahhhh...Irish Kevin: GFYSSN
                                    Just in...

Wow!!!7AM taken from ‘Are You Satisfied?’ OUT NOW!iTunes: http://po.st/AYSyOfficial Store: http://po.st/OSytSpotify: http://po.st/AYSs Google Play: http://po...

No wonder I don't remember the last time, seeing as I keep getting home at 6

<insert Danny Glover too old for this shit meme here>

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                      don't go to dcotors if you have back pain - go to someone that can actually help you i.e. physio's maybe chiropracters / physical therapists etc. All we can do is give pain relief and most of the time we wont give you enough
                                      Chiropractor?
                                      Kinda undermining your whole profession there.
                                      Btw how long more till your fully finished? Or how long was it if finished?
                                      Remember you talking about it years ago but concept of time is a little fuzzy
                                      Last edited by Mellor; 05-02-17, 07:06.

Comment

He fixed it within seconds.
                                        And it has never come back?

Smart Chiro's these days are offering some services that scientifically work. The vast majority of the field is based on quackery though. Adjustiments and the like are downright dangerous.
                                        The minor positives are not really enough to outweigh the lies and conman stuff.

Comment

I can't quite put my finger on how weird this is, or why it is so.

Chrome add-on to fact check Donald Trump's tweets....

Comment

Watched 'Lo and Behold' on Netflix last night, was a really great thought provoking watch. Some really great interviews in it.
                                            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                              In a strange and unique week I was part of my first international rugby setup this week and watched Gleason tonight.

The hit documentary from the 2016 Sundance Film Festival goes inside the life of Steve Gleason, the former New Orleans Saints defensive back who, at the age ...

It is the most emotional film I have ever watched, not sure why it reasonated so much with me. it's very unlikely i'll have kids so all of my focus goes into rugby to make a legacy I guess. I have very little empathy and emotion but for some reason Ic can't help but be inspired to make a difference in someones life because of this film.
                                              Second this. I was in tears watching it on a flight last month.

P.S. Officiallly Super Bowl bound. Flight #1 from New York almost in motion

Comment

@Sickpuppy:

Does it seem lost? It might just be a neighbour's cat looking to establish a harem of humans.
                                                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

I'm jealous. Gunna leave dreamies out and hope to have cat visitors.
                                                  X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                  Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

16 hours sleep. \Brag\
                                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

I think Parese may have scored there, certainly looked like it in real time and he wouldn't have seen it himself
                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Won't be too many Welsh Lions on this evidence so far.

Wyn-Jones and eh....

Comment

Nothing new from Italy at all on this evidence. If we play smart (as Wales are not), we win with a BP easy.

Also; the pitch looks really good. Why can't all stadiums manage that?

I missed the Eng-Fra game for obvious reasons yesterday, is it worth a watch back?

Comment

Nothing new from Italy at all on this evidence. If we play smart (as Wales are not), we win with a BP easy.

Also; the pitch looks really good. Why can't all stadiums manage that?

I missed the Eng-Fra game for obvious reasons yesterday, is it worth a watch back?
                                                            Its like watching a bad junior rugby match pop ball to the first man out run into the closest guy rinse repeat awful stuff.
                                                            Eng Fra game had French trying to play at least with two south sea islanders on the team some great brekas followed by crazy passes attempted offloads.

Comment

Presidential hopeful Donald Trump may not seem like commander-in-chief material to Americans, but in certain African countries, he fits the bill.Watch full e...

Comment

Gr8 time to fill your boots on Francois Fillon for French president now that he is mired in scandal.

This 39 year whiipper snapper, Macron, former investment banker, married to his former French high school teacher is the fav.

Comment

Get the impression Ryle Nugent is not totally enjoying his trip to the Stadio Olimpico.

"God, this is ugly"

Comment

Pulling the trigger on a new build house in Ashbourne. Anyone got a suggestion of a decent solicitor who won't charge a scandalous amount?

Comment

Originally posted by Lurker23 View Post
                                                                      P.S. Officiallly Super Bowl bound. Flight #1 from New York almost in motion
                                                                      About to board Flight #2 to Houston.

Surrounded by Pats fans. Fuck them all

Off to a pregame party after that to collect my ticket. Several current and former NFL players including Terrell Suggs, Alshon Jeffery, Jason Witten, Von Miller, Mark Brunell and Kordell Stewart will be there.

Expect pics later on tonight.

Very nervous about the game itself. Especially since our center Alex Mack will play the game with a fracture in his left leg. Falcons uncertain how well, or long, he'll play. Second most important player on our offense.

Comment

How do you solve a problem like Italian Rugby?
                                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                          Pulling the trigger on a new build house in Ashbourne. Anyone got a suggestion of a decent solicitor who won't charge a scandalous amount?
                                                                          No, seeing as it's 12 years since we bought our gaff bit isn't it pretty much a fixed price service these days?

Like with these guys.

Oh, and congrats. How do you get into town from there?

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                            It must be so tough. And a very pissed-off Ireland to come in 6 days time. A hiding beckons.

My understanding is that O'Shea is there to totally overhaul the entire structure of Italian rugby. No better man but such a hard ask.

Just watching the (bad) choices they invariably make under pressure, I think most of what thry need to fix is mental. Job there for Trippie imo.

Comment

No, seeing as it's 12 years since we bought our gaff bit isn't it pretty much a fixed price service these days?

Like with these guys.

Oh, and congrats. How do you get into town from there?
                                                                              I rang one or two (it's over 11 years since I previously bought so don't remember much about stuff) and they were not fixed price anyhow. Should be uniform enough though youd imagine, but seemingly not. I'll do a bit more research.

It's on the Dublin side, so on a Sunday about midday the drive from where I am now was about 17 mins. Probably triple that on a weekday for the wifes drive to school in Cabra. I can get a bus that *should* take 50 mins to Merrion St from where I'd get on, coming in the Port tunnel. Slightly different route to go towards the centre of town that I won't be getting at this point. Slightly shorter on the way back seemingly

Given how things work at the minute, it should only add about 15 mins each way to the commute, but reality might be a bit different I guess.

Comment

You would think with just two teams they would have some sort of game plan.
                                                                                The only thing I see them adding is no team has a week off.
                                                                                They have the odd upset but probably an overhaul needed from underage up.
                                                                                Good irish players have a system for going from schools into the academy into the provincial sides.
                                                                                No clue how Italian system works seems to be poach any south African argie or whoever wants to live in a warm climate and wear the blue.
                                                                                It must be disheartening for supporters to go and watch that level of play bit like being an Ireland supporter in the early 90s.

Comment

Clone parisse... Quickly as retirement can't be far off

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                    An end to our yearly meets in super value say it aint so.
                                                                                    Probably need a house with child on the way.
                                                                                    Hope Ashbourne has a local bog to relive those great childhood memories.

Comment

It must be so tough. And a very pissed-off Ireland to come in 6 days time. A hiding beckons.

My understanding is that O'Shea is there to totally overhaul the entire structure of Italian rugby. No better man but such a hard ask.

Just watching the (bad) choices they invariably make under pressure, I think most of what thry need to fix is mental. Job there for Trippie imo.
                                                                                      We should of course hammer these guys next week.
                                                                                      Will it mask over the obvious problems we had against the Scots though.
                                                                                      A bad game of rugby is really hard to watch.
                                                                                      O shea had Brendan Venter and Mike Catt with him but no matter how many good coaches you have they cant seem to rise above mediocrity.

Comment

Cheers, i'd jump at the chance to work there. (If anyone knows him, point him my direction)

I've been doing a lot of work here with the younger guys on decision making and performance under pressure. have a leadership group with 5 of the first side seniors where we do loads of mental skills. The portuguese way makes it difficult to make much change in the whole team though, guys don't want to admit they have problems or are creatures of habit. The culture is very much one of head down, say sorry for making mistake but don't fucking tell me what to do or how to fix it.

Comment

Superbowl tickets purchased. Shit got real.

Last night was quality.

UFC was average, the craic after was so good kind of regret going. Was a night for a bag of cans on the street really.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                            Clone parisse... Quickly as retirement can't be far off
                                                                                            I thought the ref was poor today but it was great to see him being really strict on the soccer-style appealing that both sides were doing. Parisse being the worst offender and he eventually penalised him.

Comment

I thought the ref was poor today but it was great to see him being really strict on the soccer-style appealing that both sides were doing. Parisse being the worst offender and he eventually penalised him.
                                                                                              Think the irish refs are very poor at minute.
                                                                                              We used have some very good ones between himself and Fitzgibbon think there god awful
                                                                                              Toyed with doing a course this year but at the lowest level the amount of lip you get usually from lads who don't have a clue.
                                                                                              Id probably end up sending myself off.

Comment

That was brilliant. Both Webb and parisse deserved the grillings.

Comment

Its like watching a bad junior rugby match pop ball to the first man out run into the closest guy rinse repeat awful stuff.
                                                                                                  Eng Fra game had French trying to play at least with two south sea islanders on the team some great brekas followed by crazy passes attempted offloads.
                                                                                                  This is a major problem in a lot of teams. The main tactical shapes are pretty much the same these days bar a few tweaks. The biggest difference and I say this as having to sit through Portugal vs Romania yesterday (The romanians would catch a kickoff, bang into contact then do three or four pick and drives to get to the 5 metre line and box kick out of pressure) while Ireland game was on is that players don't express themselves.

Take the great french teams of the past, people talk about the flair that they played. To me it was more than that, each individual expressed himself, there was footwork, evasion, offloads, dummy passes, looking the wrong way etc. Now people just get the ball and mash head first into contact. Where's the expression and joy.

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                                                                                    This is a major problem in a lot of teams. The main tactical shapes are pretty much the same these days bar a few tweaks. The biggest difference and I say this as having to sit through Portugal vs Romania yesterday (The romanians would catch a kickoff, bang into contact then do three or four pick and drives to get to the 5 metre line and box kick out of pressure) while Ireland game was on is that players don't express themselves.

Take the great french teams of the past, people talk about the flair that they played. To me it was more than that, each individual expressed himself, there was footwork, evasion, offloads, dummy passes, looking the wrong way etc. Now people just get the ball and mash head first into contact. Where's the expression and joy.
                                                                                                    Its a coaching thing surely?
                                                                                                    I mean we had a coach where I last played and and he had set rules for silly stuff.
                                                                                                    Like if you were doing a pick and go had to do 3 in a row.
                                                                                                    In training once was an overlap was first receiver and fed it out the line and he goes apeshit.
                                                                                                    I tried explaining but was to no avail.
                                                                                                    We then got a very experienced player coach who gave us a simple game plan and also said he would never ever demonise a player for trying something.

It made you unafraid to not not make a mistake take a tap penalty quick line out etc instead of being totally rigid.

Comment

Its a coaching thing surely?
                                                                                                      I mean we had a coach where I last played and and he had set rules for silly stuff.
                                                                                                      Like if you were doing a pick and go had to do 3 in a row.
                                                                                                      In training once was an overlap was first receiver and fed it out the line and he goes apeshit.
                                                                                                      I tried explaining but was to no avail.
                                                                                                      We then got a very experienced player coach who gave us a simple game plan and also said he would never ever demonise a player for trying something.

It made you unafraid to not not make a mistake take a tap penalty quick line out etc instead of being totally rigid.
                                                                                                      I believe it's a combination of coaching, player mindset and the environment. Players have to feel comfortable to try things, the coach may push them to do things but if the teammates jump down their throat everytime they make a mistake it won't work. How the players talk to each other is massive, i'm only learning this now here in portugal, instead of giving accurate feedback like hold your feet or early catch they bark at each other in a victimisation mindset, he fucked up, not me. The classic drift defence and point saying he's yours as you don't want to tackle the big lad.

Ideally I'd like all of our touch games from 10's to 18's have the "express Yourself" rule which is if you run straight inot contact without doing something it's a turnover. Have to get the coaches to believe in it and get them up to a high standard where they can enforce it then convince the players to do it too.

Comment

Think the irish refs are very poor at minute.
                                                                                                        We used have some very good ones between himself and Fitzgibbon think there god awful.
                                                                                                        He's not Irish! He's English but Irish mother I think.

Toyed with doing a course this year but at the lowest level the amount of lip you get usually from lads who don't have a clue.
                                                                                                        Id probably end up sending myself off.
                                                                                                        Often think that myself when umpiring hockey matches, used to spend a fair bit of time in the bin.
                                                                                                        I'm very light on using cards, much prefer the stern warning and bring the captain in to reinforce the point. Works surprisingly well.

The team I umpire a lot have got into a very annoying habit: after a big decision has been given at the other end of the pitch, they will protest it and demand that the umpire "ask the other umpire". i.e. implying he got it wrong and I will surely reverse it.
                                                                                                        Last time this happened, other umpire fell for it, stopped the play and ran down to consult with me. My message was "tell them I said to fuck off".
                                                                                                        Message was duly relayed and received.
                                                                                                        I was bought zero pints after that game but it hasn't happened since.

Comment

Quite encouraging to see that the US checks and balances are working exactly as designed.

Trump issues order, court finds it unconstitutional, order is suspended.

Trump looks like idiot, attacks judge when he should really be sacking the fool who drafted the order.

If there's one thing Americans of all political persuasions don't like, it's someone messing with their beloved Constitution. This is the kind of thing that exposes Trump for what he is. Eventually he will run out of useful idiots to do his explaining for him.

Comment

Bar Pats -3 and maybe the Brady MVP, any other decent bets for the superb owl game later tonight?

Pats just know how to win, falcons have been amazing but I can see them taking Julio out of the game
                                                                                                            Last edited by DeadParrot; 05-02-17, 20:18.
                                                                                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                              Bar Pats -3 and maybe the Brady MVP, any other decent bets for the superb owl game later tonight?
                                                                                                              I am completely clueless but gone with Channing's free tip that he has up on Betting Emporium for a main bet.

Over 58pts @ 10/11 is good bet (Paddies just went Evens over 57.5)

Paddies also have a powerplay currently of Pats -9.5 at 7/2.

Opr

Comment

15 on Freeman first touchdown, €1 on hogan and edelman as a back-up

Betfair exchanges better odds for those overs fwiw

Am on Falcons +4pts in the 1st half at 1/2, over 28.5 in 1st half at 11/10, Blount most rushing yards.
                                                                                                                That's all for now, should be grand fun
                                                                                                                Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Stat/Bet for trends followers - Bellicheks Patriots haven't scored a point in the first quarter of their 6 previous Superbowls.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                                    Stat/Bet for trends followers - Bellicheks Patriots haven't scored a point in the first quarter of their 6 previous Superbowls.
                                                                                                                    That's an incredible stat!
                                                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                                                                                      Superbowl tickets purchased. Shit got real.

Last night was quality.

UFC was average, the craic after was so good kind of regret going. Was a night for a bag of cans on the street really.
                                                                                                                      Sure isn't any night.

Comment

Where's the pics from inside the stadium lads? IPB on tour

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                                                          Paddies also have a powerplay currently of Pats -9.5 at 7/2.

Opr
                                                                                                                          Done
                                                                                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X