X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
    More and more people need to learn the joys of the potato cake
    Potato cake prepared correctly, i.e not like the Nordies do it, is one of the top three potatoes.
    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

What is Boxty? How do you make it properly? Had it once and it was unreal.

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
        boxty is the raw potato, grated in the punched out side of the grater
        flour and mash .... and roll on table like pastry
        cut it out and either fry in butter or bake in oven
        you can add an egg
        you can add onion
        you can add any thing you like

The basic recipe is flour and potato.

I love the stuff and handy for leftover mash

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
          Some dead guy It was RDIII
          given my handle on here, I couldn't think of a more appropriate exit strategy

"We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Fake news.

Journalists, media types, reporters, you have two choices: you can fix these problems, or you can watch your profession go down in flames.
            X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

A portlaoise family on Gogglebox tonight...hmmm
              This too shall pass.

Comment

Change of Name for Rigger

TrumpChump

Comment

My sister is 56 and has dementia brought on by MS. Unfortunately we had to put her in a home 3 years back as she was in danger of seriously harming herself going for a walk or simply going shopping.
                  It's a truly horrible thing to visit her and not know if she will recognise me or not. She has no short term memory to speak of yet strangely can recall things from years back. Strange and powerful thing the brain.

There are a few good books out there on how to handle the person and the situation and I'd recommend reading one.

Comment

I don't know how rational it is but Alzheimer's is the one disease I fear my loved ones getting over all other common ones. Seeing my granny deteriorate with it and how my dad tried his hardest to relive any memory with her was heartbreaking. My heart goes out to ye.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                      They eat falafel and humus m8s. Chickpeas are their world. Tara will be along shortly to confirm.
                      Tar is the biggest fraud there is. No less than 3 IPB eyewitnesses of unimpeachable integrity (myself included) have seen him horsing into rashers.

Complete charlatan imo

Comment

Change of Name for Rigger

TrumpChump
                        Can you not see that this attitude is part of the rise in popularity for Trump.
                        Most people can see that the media are out to destroy Trump and instead of reporting on the issues in an impartial way they run stories either completely untrue or twisted in a way to cause outrage.

If the media just looked at the issues in an impartial way he probably wouldn't have won. Instead all they do is attack him and anyone with any sense can see through it so they don't trust the media anymore.

And anyone who points this out is called names instead of coming up with counter arguments.

Comment

Can you play on any ipoker skins on a chromebook?

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                            Potatoes with a bit of egg and flower and pepper salt. I absolutely loved it initially but you get tired of it real quick so id say go easy and eat occasionally. My sister introduced me to it as i think she came across it as some type of weight watchers deal and mentioned it to me as a must try.

Comment

Officially on hols to desend on White Knight and fucking veganism , FML

Think I will just drink 24 hrs non stop and do a Hitch on it

Her sky-ness
                              © 5starpool

Comment

Hows this coming along?
                                There's a huge campaign to boycott under armour at the moment so prime time for a new player
                                Still sitting on it like a lazy mofo.
                                have a box of 40 (less the 3 I sold) under my desk.
                                Worked on 2nd and 3rd design now, and when I get them I'll go live.
                                Should really presale the existing stock though

My Father becoming more confused at an accelerating rate. Its sometimes hard to notice what is genuinely a decline from the normal consequences of him living in his own little bubble but there was a peculiar moment the other day.
                                I was in with him on Saturday after the match and was asking him if he'd watched the game. And because Jamie's father is one of the few people who calls to him he started to talk about the moment that he looked in the clear but whatever I said to him it suddenly became clear that he had no clue what the result was and that he had rehearsed this incident from the game so he could show me how clued in he is. The way it happened though we were eye to eye and there was no way to avoid the shared realisation that I knew that he knew that I know he knows fuck all about whats going on around him anymore
                                EdIt:
                                Forgot this reply.
                                Sorry hear that Strewel. Take the positive rather than the negative from that moment. Rather than he had no clue about the result, consider the fact that he had the self awareness to rehearse ahead of time that part for Jamie's father.
                                Last edited by Mellor; 09-02-17, 00:47.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                  Jaysus...next on the misery list, the ol' man was diagnosed as having Alzheimer's yesterday. Enough already ffs.
                                  I am so sorry. Your family have a lot to deal with. https://www.alzheimer.ie/Services-Su...rt-Groups.aspx

Here.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

home heating oil last delivered Aug-2015

either the oil fairy has been surreptitiously topping up the tank (still about 9 inches left) or this insulation crap actually works. Only ever got about 9 months out of 1000l before.

Comment

Class little time waster

themagicipod.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, themagicipod.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Slim Shady and Snow Hey Oh
                                        Crank That and Boulevard of Broken Dreams
                                        Move Bitch and Float On
                                        99 Problems and Hey There Deliah

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                            Class little time waster

themagicipod.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, themagicipod.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Move Bitch and Float On
                                            holy shit thats deadly
                                            99 problems and allstar
                                            eminem and franz ferdinand

pity they only do the one year
                                            Last edited by DeadParrot; 09-02-17, 10:06.
                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                              how much is 1000l of oil? (just so i can gauge how impressed to be)
                                              Around €750. Just totted up my oil bills for the past 12 months to depress myself, €3500

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                Sorry hear that Strewel. Take the positive rather than the negative from that moment. Rather than he had no clue about the result, consider the fact that he had the self awareness to rehearse ahead of time that part for Jamie's father.
                                                Oh yea absolutely, It was really just the poignancy of the moment that we have been avoiding but we are probably going to have to talk to him about it soon so we can deal with the practical side of it. Not a conversation I'm looking forward to.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

either the oil fairy has been surreptitiously topping up the tank (still about 9 inches left) or this insulation crap actually works. Only ever got about 9 months out of 1000l before.
                                                    Is that 9 months a full year or does it include may - sept or perhaps the neighbour who was tapping it has moved on.

Originally posted by mcnugget View Post
                                                    Around €750. Just totted up my oil bills for the past 12 months to depress myself, €3500
                                                    I paid c. €599 for a thousand last week. Naas Oil.

What are you heating, a cattle shed
                                                    I thought I was bad but thats horrendous!

Comment

Cometh the hour, cometh the Frankie Boyle.
                                                      Fake News

So many great lines in that piece but the most scathing is aimed at the 'kids of today'

.. why hasn’t America done as well as in the past at capitalising on these horrors to create good music about the political turmoil. I mean, where is their Bob Dylan? Where are their anthems about drone warfare killing innocent civilians? Instead we’ve got Drake begging women via song to text him back after a fight at the Cheesecake Factory. Britain seems to be in an even deeper cultural torpor. Everything from Teen Vogue to young adult fiction has a more radical take than our press, and the Trump administration is satirised by American television with a venom that the British television industry, for its own government, does its best to avoid.

Comment

Can one of the Trump Chumps please get back to me on whether the POTUS was tweeting about some business offending his daughter during an intelligence briefing is real news or fake news.

BTW is that the daughter he wants to fuck? You know the one whose mother he beat to a pulp...

Comment

Get back to work SP, myself and Rigger are too busy making the world great to be following the minutiae of the president.

Comment

Some of Frankie Boyles better zingers from that article

presidents always enter office with something to prove, it’s just rarely their sanity

...a man so obnoxious and unhappy that karma may see him reincarnated as himself

...he’s not a classic Nazi, but would burn books if his supporters knew how to read.

Trump sees anti-choice arguments all the time; the only time he sees an argument for abortion is in a mirror

Trump cares about the same things a member of noughties rap outfit G Unit cares about: women, money and vengeance.

Trump Tower. It’s a building for which the words tacky and gaudy somehow seem too jolly and frivolous. Close up, it looks like the memory stick where some giant alien sex-killer stores his worst atrocities

Melania Trump has a look that I’ve never seen before, the eyes of someone waiting with increasing impatience for Stockholm syndrome to set in.

...suggest that Trump is a Russian spy. How could he possibly keep a secret? He almost never stops talking, seemingly delivering a live feed of his internal monologue, using national television appearances to ramble about murdering terrorists’ families and blurt out fantasies about torture.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                              Get back to work SP, myself and Rigger are too busy making the world great to be following the minutiae of the president.
                                                              Classic Onion article

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                Class little time waster

Move Bitch and Float On
                                                                Brilliant

Slim shady and Franz Ferdinand sounds better than the original. Dead day in work so will have a bit of craic with that for a while

99 problems and Vanessa Carlton. Just sounds wrong but it's class

Comment

how much is 1000l of oil? (just so i can gauge how impressed to be)
                                                                  I have no idea

Google says about 700 euro

Comment

can you decipher this Presidential utterance for us please DC?

what the fucking fuck is fucking Easy D ffs?

Comment

Wow, breaking news, Russia invades Korea and Trump backs Putin!

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
                                                                        Wow, breaking news, Russia invades Korea and Trump backs Putin!
                                                                        Crimea surely
                                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

are you putting it in your bath or something? that's nuts!

our house now has a B energy rating (as it was effectively knocked down, rebuilt and insulated to a good standard) so I guess that is what has made the difference

pretty shocking when you browse Daft and realise that all the houses that look absolutely perfect are F and even G. That oil might as well be evaporating into the air.

Comment

Crimea surely

Comment

Get your pump/boiler serviced, they literally burn money if in need of a service!

Comment

our house now has a B energy rating (as it was effectively knocked down, rebuilt and insulated to a good standard) so I guess that is what has made the difference

pretty shocking when you browse Daft and realise that all the houses that look absolutely perfect are F and even G. That oil might as well be evaporating into the air.
                                                                                Those ratings have little to do with reality though. There's a few silly things that go into them

Comment

Have been experimenting the last week on how my energy levels effect the various teams levels. I have a 7 point scale drawn up with 1 being dead and 7 being a maniacial american parent. 5 out of the 7 result in a negative reaction, only if i nail the 5 or 6 on the scale do they respond in kind. Too low and they dick about, over the threshold and they seem to shut down and go into themselves. Had one perfect session out of 4 and then another 2 15 mins blocks out of about 12. Coaching the scrum is different than attack or defence obviously enough.

This may be common knowledge but figured I look into myself and what I can or cannot do. Looking at Trump it's amazing how easy it is to motivate a team if you put a face to their disappointment and hatred. If they believe another team are the reason they aren't in the cup anymore they energy levels just skyrocketed. it's clearly a short term thing as impossible to keep that up all season but fuck it's powerful.
                                                                                  Last edited by Trippie; 09-02-17, 12:56.

Comment

Get 8 weeks from 1000 litres if its cold Nov - Feb , 10-12 outside of that so about 3.5 fills a year, last fill was € 630. It was over a grand when oil was at its highest a few years back.

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                                                                                      Get 8 weeks from 1000 litres if its cold Nov - Feb , 10-12 outside of that so about 3.5 fills a year, last fill was € 630. It was over a grand when oil was at its highest a few years back.
                                                                                      I'm guessing you have a sceptic tank too

Comment

Heres a great times obit

Sid Roberson, advertising executive, was born on March 15, 1937. He died on December 22, 2016, aged 79

Although Roberson was rarely inhibited by sensitivity when it came to enforcing his will, he always insisted that he never taught Kray to nail his enemies’ heads to coffee tables, as the Monty Python team implied in a sketch. “It was all about self-defence,” recalled Roberson
                                                                                        SPOILER
                                                                                        Sid Roberson started out as a bodybuilder in Mile End, east London, teaching the local gangster Reggie Kray how to “incapacitate” his enemies without shooting them. He ended up directing the celebrated Hamlet cigar ads, The Sweeney and The Fast Show, starring Charlie Higson and Paul Whitehouse. He was blond and rugged, with a six pack and a gravelly voice that attracted many a woman to “a bit of rough”. In 1963 he won third place in the Mr Universe contest, four years before Arnold Schwarzenegger took the title.

Although Roberson was rarely inhibited by sensitivity when it came to enforcing his will, he always insisted that he never taught Kray to nail his enemies’ heads to coffee tables, as the Monty Python team implied in a sketch. “It was all about self-defence,” recalled Roberson, who, incongruously, cited The Sound of Music as a favourite thing. He was once described as having “Dennis Waterman’s head on Arnold Schwarzenegger’s body”.

After his stint in the Mile End gym, Roberson became a prominent player during the heyday of British advertising — one of Britain’s “Mad Men”, along with Alan Parker and Ridley Scott. Unlike them, he did not go on to Hollywood and received no knighthood, but Sir Alan and Sir Ridley nevertheless considered him to be one of the greatest artistic directors of commercials of his time, as did Charles Saatchi, a former employer and good friend. Roberson also directed several anti-apartheid ads, as well as political broadcasts for the Labour Party, and anti-smoking and contraception-awareness ads for the Central Office of Information. One of his best-known commercials “gigs” was a series of TV adverts made for WH Smith that featured Nicholas Lyndhurst of Only Fools and Horses fame. To show Lyndhurst as both a child and an adult, he used eight layers of film and insisted that the actor study 12-year-old children’s sayings and attitudes, and watch old episodes of Grange Hill, the BBC TV series set in a comprehensive school. It worked magically.

When Scott was assigned to shoot a series of commercials for Strongbow cider he could not find a plausible actor for the role of a Robin Hood-style character who robbed the rich to help the poor — while drinking cider. So he called in Roberson, who had the perfect looks and physique for the part. He became the face of Strongbow throughout that campaign, despite being terrified of horses, and Scott insisting he drink real cider during every shot. Cider did not agree with him and he fell off many a horse.

Roberson also made most of the Hamlet cigar commercials that helped to change the face of advertising. In 1975 he shot the Venus de Milo ad, in which a sculptor knocks off the goddess’s arm just as he is finishing his work. The real statue is armless and is in the Louvre in Paris. When Roberson’s sculptor knocks off the arm the inevitable music based on Bach’s Air on the G String comes on, the sculptor lights up and the voice-over tells us: “Happiness is a cigar called Hamlet.” In fact, after the first shooting, Roberson’s lighting cameraman approached him somewhat sheepishly. “Sorry, Sid. I f***ed up all the f-stops [the relative aperture] on the camera.” If ever there was a “Hamlet moment”, it was this. Roberson took a deep breath and reshot the commercial with the correct f-stops.

Sidney Percy Roberson was born in 1937 in Edmonton, north London, the middle of seven children of Percy, a milkman who later owned a dairy, and Ivy. “The middle child, never quite sure if he was loved enough,” noted his future wife, Suze, many years later. He attended Raglan Junior School in Enfield, interrupted by evacuation to Norfolk during the Blitz, before returning to Enfield Grammar School, which he left with four O levels and a lifelong devotion to Tottenham Hotspur FC. As a fitness fanatic he became what would now be called a “personal trainer” to Reggie Kray. The two men found they had something in common: torture. Roberson tended to torture himself to improve his physique; Kray was more interested in seeing how much pain another man could take.

Although Roberson fancied being in the Parachute Regiment for his National Service, he was instead assigned to the Royal Army Medical Corps in Cyprus, a “cushy number” he much enjoyed. Back in London in late 1957, aged 20, fit and handsome with a rare tan, he did not go unnoticed by a passenger on a bus — Brenda Milverton, a stylist and props buyer on TV and cinema commercials. They married in 1961 and emigrated to the United States in August that year, “living in Manhattan with cockroaches, the beat generation and jazz”, as he later put it.

He told chancellor Jim Callaghan: ‘Look, I ain’t here to be messed abaht’
                                                                                        When they returned to England the couple did so the long way round, driving from New York to California to catch a ship. Back in London, Roberson was a finalist in the Mr Universe contest at Fairfield Halls in Croydon. In 1967 he and Brenda had a daughter, before divorcing in 1972. Hannah, who married a Greek man, became a Greek citizen and represented her new country as a showjumper in the Athens Olympics in 2004, survives her father.

Brenda had worked with Scott in the ads business and introduced him to Roberson. Scott quickly realised that he had a gift for commercials — how to recognise the essence of a product and project it on to the screen. Thus, Roberson, who was convivial to a fault, became one of our great admen, with lunch involving several martinis, a couple of bottles of chablis, a few more bottles of Châteauneuf-du-Pape before coffee to sober up, along with two large Rémy Martins.

Roberson went on to become a successful stills photographer, starting as an assistant to Michael Joseph, the man best known for his Beggars Banquet album photos for the Rolling Stones. Having David Puttnam as his agent contributed to Roberson’s success, as well as entrenching his pro-Labour views. Politics was never far from his mind and he marched, photographed and filmed against apartheid while, inspired by the writer Tariq Ali, he became highly active in support of the Labour Party, shooting eight of their party political broadcasts.

Once, in the mid-Sixties, he was hired to film a speech by James Callaghan, the then chancellor, at 11 Downing Street. Callaghan did not like the script and shut himself in his office in a huff. The young crew were dumbstruck until, as one of them, Dave Trott, recalled: “Sid said, ‘Leave it to me, lads’, and went into the chancellor’s office alone. The last thing we heard before the door closed was Sid’s deep, rumbling voice saying: ‘Look, I ain’t here to mess you abaht, but I ain’t here to be messed abaht either.’ A few minutes later the door opened, Sid and the chancellor came out and the chancellor read the script very nicely for us.”

In 1982 Roberson met Susan “Suze” Staniland, a receptionist at his company, Roberson Films. They married in 1990 and had three children: Charlie, who works in TV; Floss, who runs her own PR company; and Nat, a personal trainer.

They “lived the dream” at their home in Orme Square, Bayswater, according to Staniland, while spending a lot of time at an idyllic holiday home in Sa Penya, Ibiza. “Sid spent a lot of time in the sun and as little time as possible in the sea,” Staniland said. “He loved long lunches . . . walking the length of the beaches showing off his muscles. And he spoke excellent Spanish.” The pleasures of Venus and Bacchus continued to appeal to him and, after the couple separated, he disappeared to Buenos Aires for a time.

Back in London aged 70, Roberson had several illnesses diagnosed. His body was crumbling, but his brain was still unbowed. Lifted by the support of his four children he enrolled as a mature student at Birkbeck, University of London, gaining a BA in politics and society and an MSc in international relations — his proudest achievements. “I can say unequivocally that the experience of studying at Birkbeck saved my life,” he said of overcoming severe depression.

In his later years Roberson still regaled visiting friends with tales of the old “Mad Men” days. He recalled a 1985 Saturday afternoon phone call from Saatchi. “Time to hit the gentleman’s outfitters,” said Saatchi. He was offering his old friend a job. “We would go to Bond Street and spend a fortune on clothes,” Roberson recalled. “Charlie had a funny way of shopping. If he saw a pair of shoes he liked he would buy several pairs in every single colour. When he saw something he liked he had to own it.”

Roberson also recalled riding as passenger in Saatchi’s Rolls-Royce on their way to lunch. At a traffic light, a large, purple-faced gentleman thumped on the passenger window and shouted: “You cut me up on the f***ing road.” Roberson, staring straight ahead, expected Saatchi to keep the windows locked, but no. He leant over, wound down the window and explained, in unambiguous language, that if the man did not return to his car forthwith he would be given occasion to regret it. “The geezer thought about it for a few seconds and then backed away.”

Comment

OK, it didn't take long for Trump to crack

He is now basically firing bullets (via Twitter obv.) at his own Supreme Court pick.

Denny, over to you. A job as Press secretary awaits if you can explain this one.

Comment

OK, it didn't take long for Trump to crack

He is now basically firing bullets (via Twitter obv.) at his own Supreme Court pick.

Denny, over to you. A job as Press secretary awaits if you can explain this one.
                                                                                            Name change for Denny

Comment

Nuts alright. It's a big old bungalow with 8 doors and 25 windows, heated by an inefficient Alpha range cooker. Have put extra insulation into the cavities and attic with limited impact, we are losing serious heat out of the windows. A recent quote for new doors/windows was 65k so it's on the long finger for now.

Comment

can you decipher this Presidential utterance for us please DC?

what the fucking fuck is fucking Easy D ffs?
                                                                                                It must be human traffic and easy decision to allow the ban to hold I'd imagine

Comment

Originally posted by ferg View Post
                                                                                                  It must be human traffic and easy decision to allow the ban to hold I'd imagine
                                                                                                  Ah ha... that might be what he meant.
                                                                                                  .
                                                                                                  But even translated to English it doesn't make any sense because the ban was only on people who are entitled to visas that they have already been granted
                                                                                                  Absolutely batshit crazy stuff.

Comment

Every press conference he does is gold.

Comment

Ah ha... that might be what he meant.
                                                                                                      .
                                                                                                      But even translated to English it doesn't make any sense because the ban was only on people who are entitled to visas that they have already been granted
                                                                                                      Absolutely batshit crazy stuff.
                                                                                                      Easy D I think is probably meant to signify an easily implemented defence against the big increase in terrorists heading to the US.

Comment

'Big increase' is shorthand for bigly increase.

Comment

ÃŒs this fake news?

Kellyanne Conway, who is a counselor to President Donald Trump, gave a “free commercial” for Ivanka Trump’s business this morning, speaking to Fox & Friends from the White House Briefing Room.
                                                                                                          “Go buy Ivanka’s stuff, is what I would tell you. I hate shopping, but I am going to go get some myself today,” said Conway. “This is just — it’s a wonderful line, I own some of it, I’m just gonna give a free commercial here, go buy it today, you can buy it online.”
                                                                                                          Wow, just wow unless of course its fake news

Comment

Every press conference he does is gold.
                                                                                                            Gold as in cha ching for Ivanka ShitTatToFlog and the Marketards fanbois scraping another fraction of penny profit or that you are highly amused by the end of civilisation?

Comment

ÃŒs this fake news?

Wow, just wow unless of course its fake news
                                                                                                              when you think of the giants of history who have held that office and then you think of Trump....

words rarely fail me but come on. Seriously.

Comment

/RDIII tips for stew manufacture

buy the absolute cheapest meat

multiply the oven time by 2.5 * whatever the recipe says

/ends

Comment

when you think of the giants of history who have held that office and then you think of Trump....

<>
                                                                                                                  Yup, thats about it. Any attempt too try and put context on it gets a response from the Trump Chumps that I'm being hysterical... Ah shure its comedy gold isn't it, what are you complaining about aren't you being royally entertained.

Comment

/RDIII tips for stew manufacture

buy the absolute cheapest meat

multiply the oven time by 2.5 * whatever the recipe says

/ends
                                                                                                                    I've been going the opposite direction with Irish stew recently with great results. Instead of using the usual gigot chops I get these Lamb escalopes in tesco at 16/kg.

Comment

Comment

I went to a Knicks Clippers game last night and this happened.

He's an ex-Knicks player who played with them for over 10 years. The Knicks are some joke of a franchise.

Comment

Gold as in cha ching for Ivanka ShitTatToFlog and the Marketards fanbois scraping another fraction of penny profit or that you are highly amused by the end of civilisation?
                                                                                                                          I found the presser with the airline chiefs A+
                                                                                                                          Last edited by Denny Crane; 09-02-17, 16:32.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X