Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rugby banter. Robbed from some page on Facebook.

SPOILER

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
      Ya I think a walking exploration is usually the best bet in a new city. We probably only have around 4-5 hours on the Friday so where would be a good starting point from there to take in as much as possible? The historical stuff isn't overly appealing especially with time constraints. I checked out Tripadvisor and the Camden Lock market looks cool so might head out there early on the Saturday morning.
      here's a decent tour which takes probably about 4-5 hours i'd say. Head out to tower of london and tower bridge(tower hill tube). (you can also start from St Pauls cathedral if you want a walk through the City out to Tower of london /Tower bridge).

Take a bus boat (great and easy way to see a lot of London from a great point of view) there all the way to westminster (big ben/houses of parliament/westminster abbey), walk from there down whitehall (downing street/horseguards/etc.)to trafalgar square.

From there walk down the mall to buckingham palace.

From there, walk through green park to piccadilly. go down to piccadilly circus, and then you have a choice of either going into Soho, or up regents street (hell on earth packed full of shoppers but a beautiful street nonetheless).

from there up to oxford circus down oxford street to marble arch/speakers corner/hyde park (getting to hyde park down oxford street isn't much fun, so jump on the bus and be amazed/terrified by the gazillion people on the street). Walk through the park if it's a nice day, or up towards edgware road for some of the best shawarma in London.

don't forget museums are free so even just popping in for 10 minutes is worthwhile.

National gallery in trafalgar square is amazing and litterally 2 rooms in on your right, you've got some of the most iconic and stunning impressionists with monet/manet/degas/renoir .

If you go through Soho, then you can easily end up at the british museum which is stunning in itself and even a 20 minutes walk through is worth it.

Camden market is pretty crazy too so a saturday morning walk through is great.

Comment

What Shrap said!

Used to know the lad who captained river tours from Putney and he swore by them as s way to get around London

National gallery is a must if anywhere near

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
          Ya I think a walking exploration is usually the best bet in a new city. We probably only have around 4-5 hours on the Friday so where would be a good starting point from there to take in as much as possible? The historical stuff isn't overly appealing especially with time constraints. I checked out Tripadvisor and the Camden Lock market looks cool so might head out there early on the Saturday morning.
          Borough Market (basically under London Bridge) is a great spot, have lunch there and then you can wander back along the river towards St Pauls, Westminster etc.

Wouldn't bother with Piccadilly, Leicester Square, Regent St, Oxford St sort of area at all. Unless you fancy a game of poker in which case the Empire.

The Whitehall area around St James Park is good for a stroll as is the Kensington area around Ken Palace.
          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
            Wouldn't bother with Piccadilly, Leicester Square, Regent St, Oxford St sort of area at all. Unless you fancy a game of poker in which case the Empire.
            The Hippodrome is a lot better and much nicer to play in if you are going to take in a game of poker in Leicester Sq. This is based on my experience anyway.
            Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Good anthem passion from the Boks. Wales to empty badly after 55 here imo. SA will crush the 2nd half cap.
              Profit before people.

Comment

My little one getting stuck into the build up to Wales SA...

I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                  My little one getting stuck into the build up to Wales SA...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNVrLDjSpyQ
                  Video is private.

Comment

fixed there now.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickey Rosa View Post
                      Well I was wrong! Balls.

We have our own phantom Lord on the bench need a recent paddy Jackson pic for proof.

Comment

Wish they'd turn off Barnes mic, he's a prat

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                          fixed there now.
                          You'd need to work on your interview technique there Conor.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                            Wish they'd turn off Barnes mic, he's a prat
                            He is, but the most annoying thing by far is the music after each score. Really irritating and unnecessary in the sport.

Comment

Some try.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                You'd need to work on your interview technique there Conor.
                                I'd say he already has a shot at a job with BTSport or the morning show on TV3

Comment

Thanks Shrap and Raoul, great stuff!

Comment

For SA to win this Sitch is going to have to be right about Wales tiring after 50 .
                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Leicester last minute equalizer costs me €1900. FML.

Comment

I'm in London next couple of weekends. Looking forward to the Celts exhibition in the British Museum and hoping to fit in Ai Weiwei ah the RA as well.

Highlight will be Dylan at the RAH on Saturday night with all the family and hopefully a semi Final in Twickenham on Sunday.

Looking for a Restaurant recommendation in the vicinity if the RAH that wouldn't be too expensive to feed about ten of us.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                          Leicester last minute equalizer costs me €1900. FML.
                                          I feel your pain. It cost me 4 points in the predictions competition.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                            I'm in London next couple of weekends. Looking forward to the Celts exhibition in the British Museum and hoping to fit in Ai Weiwei ah the RA as well.

Highlight will be Dylan at the RAH on Saturday night with all the family and hopefully a semi Final in Twickenham on Sunday.

Looking for a Restaurant recommendation in the vicinity if the RAH that wouldn't be too expensive to feed about ten of us.
                                            I always knew you were a secret fan of SF Strewely.

Comment

For SA to win this Sitch is going to have to be right about Wales tiring after 50 .
                                              They're pretty shocking alright.Swap the shirts and that's France from last weekend.

Comment

Ah yeah thanks a lot TV3. 'Telling my team mates I was gay, that's the toughest thing I've ever done'.

What does he mean Daddy? FU TV3 imo

Comment

I dunno, is it legit to be playing that ad when kids can see it?

Bribed him with crisps to avoid answering. Grade A parenting.

Comment

Wales should be about 2 tries down here yeah? SA kicker bottling it a bit

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                      Wales should be about 2 tries down here yeah? SA kicker bottling it a bit
                                                      Dunno. Don't think SA have shown anything in attack.

Wales gifting them points through indiscipline. Wales having to work so much harder for all their scores will count against them in 10 mins though.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                        Dunno. Don't think SA have shown anything in attack.

Wales gifting them points through indiscipline. Wales having to work so much harder for all their scores will count against them in 10 mins though.
                                                        If these two teams are this physically wrecked, how will we be after 60 tomorrow?

Comment

This is the classic KO game now. First team to make a mistake loses.

Comment

Gotta be funking for Wales here, given their injuries problem and their opponents - even with Gatland to consider!

Comment

If these two teams are this physically wrecked, how will we be after 60 tomorrow?
                                                              Given how the games have gone, Argentina are bound to be a lot fresher than us, especially given the longer gap since their last game too.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                Gotta be funking for Wales here, given their injuries problem and their opponents - even with Gatland to consider!
                                                                Let's not go nuts here.

Lots of accumulators looking at going down at the first hurdle.

Comment

Hawksmoor do a decent early bird we went to before the Albert hall.
                                                                  Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                  https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Let's not go nuts here.

Neither of these teams will push NZ in the semi anyhow.

Comment

Let's not go nuts here.

not mine

One with Wales to win and one on the hcp

Comment

There you go

Comment

why take twitchy off ?

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                            why take twitchy off ?
                                                                            Medic took him off. He got a knee in the forehead making a tackle just prior and was all over the place.

Comment

There you go
                                                                              Cuthbert wont want to watch a minute of his world cup.

Comment

Pretty sure when Barnes is riding his missus he shouts 'position of strength' a lot

Comment

There you go
                                                                                  Serves you right.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                    Medic took him off. He got a knee in the forehead making a tackle just prior and was all over the place.
                                                                                    cheers, missed that, watching rugby with a toddler is distracting. he keeps shouting goooaalllllllll, 'try' as I might he won't say it.

Comment

Stupid wifes birthday dinner at 7pm and I'm assuming they wont have the NZ match on so if anyone could post the scores as they rack up it would be appreciated.....

Plus myself & IpbChamp have the same Handicap bet on & he hasn't a clue about rugby

Comment

LOL @ TV3 studio commentary, sounds pissed.
                                                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Likewise, out for dinner at 8, ugh (though I'm sure it will be nice!) - will have phone in hand every few minutes I think!

Comment

Stupid wifes birthday dinner at 7pm and I'm assuming they wont have the NZ match on so if anyone could post the scores as they rack up it would be appreciated.....

Plus myself & IpbChamp have the same Handicap bet on & he hasn't a clue about rugby
                                                                                            what is your bet ? i'll tell you if it will come up or not, then go have a meal and enjoy.

new zealand by -12 at evens is the best of the year so far

Comment

Did the ref shaft Wales a little with all those penalties in the last 20 or were they all legit. Genuinely don't know myself only asking as the Welsh seemed pretty annoyed by it.

Comment

"If a martian came down to earth and asked how do SA play rugby, would you show them that game?"

"Yeah, I would, is the martian good looking?"

"I dunno, I've never seen a martian"

WTF TV3??

Comment

Originally posted by shano1888 View Post
                                                                                                  Did the ref shaft Wales a little with all those penalties in the last 20 or were they all legit. Genuinely don't know myself only asking as the Welsh seemed pretty annoyed by it.
                                                                                                  Thought Barnes had a very good game in the middle.

Comment

Try the tv3 app. Better looking than the resolution on saorview.
                                                                                                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Will have good live updates...

Comment

eyyy men!!! what's the story with punting from Spain? How can I log into my account and make a bet without being banned??

I was going to do it through a friend who's on Irish soil but the problem is I can't remember my password to make things especially awkward!

Chao! BB

Comment

Can we all do a whip around for RTE to prevent TV3 getting the rights to any future major sporting events

Comment

what is your bet ? i'll tell you if it will come up or not, then go have a meal and enjoy.

Stuck a nifty on this.

Comment

But props to them for their use of a large old wooden ship

Comment

NZ -11.5 going onto the two matches tomorrow with Wales h'cap in the bag.

Comment

Minor fuck up in booking 'a view from the bridge' for today. Think I'll try to stay offline, and watch the match as if it were live later.
                                                                                                                  Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

On France at 5s. Fuck it. Lets go.

Comment

At Galway dogs with herself. Decent craic so far. Didn't know it doubled as the home to Connacht rugby. Hoping herself will have beginners luck with gambling and we make a fortune

Comment

Originally posted by shano1888 View Post
                                                                                                                        On France at 5s. Fuck it. Lets go.
                                                                                                                        5's? You are giving away some amount of equity. They are 8.4 on the machine.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                                                          5's? You are giving away some amount of equity. They are 8.4 on the machine.

Opr
                                                                                                                          Backed it in shop yesterday when they were best priced 6s. Have drifted way more so? Solid.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X