Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaking of rugby, the Toulouse trip has been booked for the w/e before Christmas

The train ride from Brussels is 8 hours. Of wine and cheese horsing. We may need wheelchairs to remove us upon arrival.
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

I haven't seen Boris playing rugby posted here.

Boris Johnson rugby tackles and knocks over a child during a game of street rugby in Japan. Subscribe to Guardian News on YouTube ► http://bit.ly/guardianwir...

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
        ah sweet nostalgia, I miss the good old days of playing full back and being told you weren't allowed attack and had to hang back to cover. Cue 20 minutes of increasing hypothermia in January sleet before some fucker launched a garryowen about six miles into the sky that you were expected to catch.
        We had a winger who had some ridic fast 100M time and in winter used to bring a big heavy overcoat out onto the pitch with him that he'd slip off when there was a danger of the ball getting near him.
        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
          Strewely just worried we'll all learn the game and then find out he actually knows as little about rugby as he does soccer.
          "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

I posted a video a while back of superconducting disc which levitates through quantum locking.

Video courtesy of the Association of Science-Technology Centers (ASTC), representing the science center and museum field worldwide. To learn more, visit www....

They have created a hoverboard based on the technology.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
              I posted a video a while back of superconducting disc which levitates through quantum locking.

Video courtesy of the Association of Science-Technology Centers (ASTC), representing the science center and museum field worldwide. To learn more, visit www....

They have created a hoverboard based on the technology.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Opr
              Lexus invited us to Spain to ride the hoverboard it created for a commercial. Our resident skateboarder Sam Sheffer found the board to be very difficult to r...

Comment

I did actually realise most of that but the guy in that video is a dick. The technology is incredible. He seems to be saying because they don't show the bells and whistles that it makes the whole thing a big scam. I doubt anyone was thinking they would be able to rush out and buy one any time soon.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                  I did actually realise most of that but the guy in that video is a dick. The technology is incredible. He seems to be saying because they don't show the bells and whistles that it makes the whole thing a big scam. I doubt anyone was thinking they would be able to rush out and buy one any time soon.

Opr
                  His tone and accent are pretty much offensive alright!

Comment

probably not as the game has changed so much (certainly since I played it as a kid anyway)

The one sport I think that rule does apply in is cricket
                    Back when I was a watch every sport guy, I could hold a conversation on most things for a bit, but as that has slipped it's getting harder

First thing to go is the players names
                    Then specific names for plays/deliveries
                    Then interest in talking about it at all

But... being Irish and working in a pub during a world cup is a constant test of your ability to spoof like fuck

The amount of dancing around subjects I've been doing feels like perfect training for a career in politics

Still don't know wheather to curse SKY for destroying FTA sports or thank them tbh

Comment

Might get one of these bad girls.

X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Dont waste your time bro, spent 7 hours researching hoovers before , this is where it is at

Comment

Got a neato recently, fully expected it to be a gimmick and that I'd be returning it, but it's a phenomenon machine. Highly recommend it. Very handy having your place hoovered when you're at work.

Comment

Just got offered a ticket for Sunday! Envolves a yolo trip to Cardiff tonight with no accommodation booked. Looking up flights now....

Comment

Has there ever been a draw in the knock-out stages of the Rwc?

What happens in this event as can see one coming up this time around for heightened excitement?

Although a draw in rugby is a rarity, the first game I attended in the old Lansdowne was just that, between Ireland and Australia in the late seventies. I got to experience the rugby atmosphere courtesy of my scouting days, at the time, as the Irfu employed us as stewards. No wages unfortunately, though they were pleasant enough occasions, particularly the Scotland game, with the bagpipes playing. I remember the ex-tanaiste,Dick Spring, playing at full back around this time, a good catcher and kicker, though lacking in the present incumbent Kearney's pace and bravery.

The game has changed irrevocably since those amateur days and the collisions now comparably are almost violent in nature. It seems to be all about what happens at the breakdown, hence someone with the incredible technique as Ritchie McCaw was deemed to be rugby player of the year recently enough, ahead of Brian O'Driscoll who was probably the best all-round player at the time. I mean when O'Driscoll's peers deem him the best defender they had ever played with, that says it all.

I still don't really understand the gain line or the offside rule but it doesen't take away from my enjoyment of the Ireland games from last week to the conclusion,wherever that takes us. It's hard to see us winning out when two of our finest ever, possibly best ever, didn't quite make it.
                              "Let your boat of life be light, packed with only what you need - a homely home and simple pleasures, one or two friends, worth the name, someone to love and someone to love you, a cat, a dog, and a pipe or two, enough to eat and enough to wear, and a little more than enough to drink; for thirst is a dangerous thing." Jerome K. Jerome Three men in a Boat

Comment

This is starting to get on my bin that you havent gone anywhere,

Check up the starting line ups and note the names, they probably all have familes with kids, locate through standard internet stalking

Advise this would be a good christmas present for dad if he still kickin, ask for a swap
                                emotional family christmas coupled with item of greater value on your journey

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                  Just got offered a ticket for Sunday! Envolves a yolo trip to Cardiff tonight with no accommodation booked. Looking up flights now....
                                  Downhearted post in 3...2.....1....

Comment

Originally posted by GingerMilla View Post

What happens in this event as can see one coming up this time around for heightened excitement?

Although a draw in rugby is a rarity, the first game I attended in the old Lansdowne was just that, between Ireland and Australia in the late seventies. I got to experience the rugby atmosphere courtesy of my scouting days, at the time, as the Irfu employed us as stewards. No wages unfortunately, though they were pleasant enough occasions, particularly the Scotland game, with the bagpipes playing. I remember the ex-tanaiste,Dick Spring, playing at full back around this time, a good catcher and kicker, though lacking in the present incumbent Kearney's pace and bravery.

The game has changed irrevocably since those amateur days and the collisions now comparably are almost violent in nature. It seems to be all about what happens at the breakdown, hence someone with the incredible technique as Ritchie McCaw was deemed to be rugby player of the year recently enough, ahead of Brian O'Driscoll who was probably the best all-round player at the time. I mean when O'Driscoll's peers deem him the best defender they had ever played with, that says it all.

I still don't really understand the gain line or the offside rule but it doesen't take away from my enjoyment of the Ireland games from last week to the conclusion,wherever that takes us. It's hard to see us winning out when two of our finest ever, possibly best ever, didn't quite make it.
                                    Extra time followed by sudden death penalties I think.

Comment

Originally posted by GingerMilla View Post

not sure if it was the only one but the 2003 final between england and australia went to extra time and almost went to sudden death before wilkinson slotted that drop goal with seconds to spare.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                        Extra time followed by sudden death penalties I think.
                                        extra time, then sudden death, then penalty shoot out.

Comment

Penalty shoot out in Rugby..

Leicester vs cardiff final score 26-26 then extra time same score then penaltys got this from http://www.rugbydump.com/

Comment

Originally posted by poprock View Post
                                            Dont waste your time bro, spent 7 hours researching hoovers before , this is where it is at

http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B009...A3JWKAKR8XB7XF
                                            Have heard good things. The henry yokes are well regarded.
                                            Have one carpeted room and it just takes and spreads dirt everywhere. Pain in the ring. One if those carpets with a shit tonne of groves, 'hard wearing', I'm sure it seemed a great idea for a leased place.

Comment

Ireland team:

1. Cian Healy
                                              2. Rory Best
                                              3. Mike Ross
                                              4. Devin Toner
                                              5. Iain Henderson
                                              6. Jordi Murphy
                                              7. Chris Henry
                                              8. Jamie Heaslip (captain)
                                              9. Conor Murray
                                              10. Jonathan Sexton
                                              11. Dave Kearney
                                              12. Robbie henshaw
                                              13. Keith Earls
                                              14. Tommy Bowe
                                              15. Rob Kerney

Replacements

16. Richardt Strauss
                                              17. Jack McGrath
                                              18. Nathan White
                                              19. Donnacha Ryan
                                              20. Rhys Ruddock
                                              21. Eoin Reddan
                                              22. Ian Madigan
                                              23. Luke Fitzgerald

Comment

Check up the starting line ups and note the names, they probably all have familes with kids, locate through standard internet stalking

Advise this would be a good christmas present for dad if he still kickin, ask for a swap
                                                I advise turning off sigs.

Comment

Look, he has been told, all he has to do is re-word the advert properly and people will be baiting down his door to take it

Shams v's Rovers, Sligo Rovers last game in Miltown

Comment

What do you think of Murphy getting a start Ollie? I would worry about that back row.

Sexton must be 100% for him to be risked right?

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                      Look, he has been told, all he has to do is re-word the advert properly and people will be baiting down his door to take it

Shams v's Rovers, Sligo Rovers last game in Miltown
                                                      That didn't come off. What is the appeal of reading sigs all day?

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                                        It's a World Cup QF. You don't consider the next game.

I'd say if they had to glue his leg back on, he'd be on the pitch!

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                          Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                          Downhearted post in 3...2.....1....
                                                          If you have or know anyone who has contacts in the transport industry you might be able to blag a lift with a driver going out Rosslare Sat am/pm.

Best of luck getting back but that's another days problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                            Not a great punting card in Dundalk but I found a bet and it is Best Kept Secret in the 8.35.
                                                            Given the hot topic of careca's nocturnal imaginings yesterday, I would have thought No. 7 in the 5.55 at Downpatrick would be a better alternative.

Otherwise Dream Scenario in the 4.30 at Redcar.

Comment

Given the hot topic of careca's nocturnal imaginings yesterday, I would have thought No. 7 in the 5.55 at Downpatrick would be a better alternative.

Otherwise Dream Scenario in the 4.30 at Redcar.
                                                              my kind of price too.

I'll have a cut on GAB's one. Also Well Rewarded, Win 4.10.

All duck or no dinner.

Comment

It's a World Cup QF. You don't consider the next game.

I'd say if they had to glue his leg back on, he'd be on the pitch!
                                                                pretty certain he won't be playing the full 80 though.

They probably think Madigan couldn't handle starting the game. he's had his "decent" game, now we can revert to expecting mediocrity

Comment

Originally posted by Allez Les Verts View Post
                                                                  expecting mediocrity

Comment

our best back last week

Comment

Anyone who has (the viewing of) sigs switched off should automatically have their own sig blanked.
                                                                      Surprised vbulletin doesn't do this already.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                        Anyone who has (the viewing of) sigs switched off should automatically have their own sig blanked.
                                                                        Surprised vbulletin doesn't do this already.
                                                                        I'm surprised you don't know this as you are without a shadow of a doubt our most reliable fixer upper around here and occasional knower of things

Comment

our best back last week
                                                                          exactly

Comment

exactly
                                                                            he was still mediocre though. Sadly, it's just that all the others were worse.

Comment

he was still mediocre though. Sadly, it's just that all the others were worse.
                                                                              He's a donkey - says everything you need to know about the current state of French rugby that he starts instead of Dulin. He's not even the No. 1 for his club ffs.

Comment

He's a donkey - says everything you need to know about the current state of French rugby that he starts instead of Dulin. He's not even the No. 1 for his club ffs.
                                                                                Dying to see who Noves is going to call up/change up. wouldn't surprised me if he called his son in law out of retirement

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                                                                  What do you think of Murphy getting a start Ollie? I would worry about that back row.

I'd start Ruddock at 6. Jordi is too light and can be a bit brainless imo. Yeah I share your backrow concern. Sexton will be fine not 100% but a reasonable risk to take.
                                                                                  ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

pretty certain he won't be playing the full 80 though.

They probably think Madigan couldn't handle starting the game. he's had his "decent" game, now we can revert to expecting mediocrity
                                                                                    Whats this we shit Froggy

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                      Whats this we shit Froggy
                                                                                      Am I not allowed to have an opinion as to his playing ability? Was actually quite happy when he came on the pitch on sunday. thought it could really help our chances.
                                                                                      Last edited by shrapnel; 16-10-15, 14:03. Reason: spelling

Comment

So handed in my notice this week. Haven't managed to get fucked out immediately but looks like I'll get gardening leave for December and a week of January. Not too bad and I'm being pulled from client facing work as much as practicable so that will make my life easier.

More importantly I'm starting a great new job in January. It's been a hectic few weeks negotiating all this with a new baby in the mix so just happy it's done. The BBV discussions of remuneration packages and elements over the last fortnight were quite serendipitous!
                                                                                        ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Where's my gardening leave Joe?

Could do with a month of two off.

Comment

Anyone after a projector screen could do a lot worse...

We sell a wide range of some of golf and cricket's best value products, all with quick delivery and a 12 month guarantee

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                              I'd start Ruddock at 6. Jordi is too light and can be a bit brainless imo. Yeah I share your backrow concern. Sexton will be fine not 100% but a reasonable risk to take.
                                                                                              I had really thought we were going to release Henderson at 6 with ryan coming in to the second row.

Potentially Schmidt thinks the scrum will be a real battle and Ryan wont have the legs to make it through a full game with McCarthy then needing to come on to replace him.

This seems quite reasonable really but like everyone else have concerns on Murphy being blown off the park but a big Argentinian backrow.

Comment

After spar gouging me for years, i say fuck you spar

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                  After spar gouging me for years, i say fuck you spar

You do realise that both those bars contain animal products

Comment

artisan banana.
                                                                                                    Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

The word lifting in rugby still gives me shivers. I'm remembering when lifting players under the posts on a penalty kick was allowed.
                                                                                                      I remember i had my absolute case loots on an obscure Welsh regional game to cover the hcap and i was on a first date during it in Gleesons Booterstown with a girl who lived nearby. I had the brother keeping me informed with a HT/FT text. I was never getting there on the hcap judging by the HT text so was resigned to the doldrums.

So after drinks were had the first date finalised, little hug and peck on the cheek outside the pub(no such thing as one night stands on the first date then and if there was i had no idea) i rang on the short walk to the dart to see what happened and he said Jenkins hit a beauty on the last kick of the game sailing over but they lifted this 7ft lump up in the air and he just got his hands on it to stop it going over. My heart sunk to think that i was fully screwed then should have actually won but didnt as i waited in booterstown dart station freezing my balls off in the ice.
                                                                                                      Within 2 weeks the lifting of players under the post on penaltys was banned.

SPOILER

Comment

@Emmet did you look at FF bets this week at all?

Did £5 on Mane @ 50s

Will wait till morning to try get more than a quid on Barkley/Ozil & maybe one more 250/1 shot.....

Comment

Originally posted by The Aul Switcharoo View Post
                                                                                                          I didn't guarantee or proclaim anything. I make it a 60-40 shot that it is mine. FML
                                                                                                          So you know of at least 4 other 'non-you visits' for every 6 goes you had

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                            @Emmet did you look at FF bets this week at all?

Did £5 on Mane @ 50s

Will wait till morning to try get more than a quid on Barkley/Ozil & maybe one more 250/1 shot.....
                                                                                                            yup, you missed Pelle at 250s

Comment

yup, you missed Pelle at 250s
                                                                                                              66s

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                                66s
                                                                                                                Was 250s this morning, that's what I mean. Been and gone.

Comment

Was 250s this morning, that's what I mean. Been and gone.
                                                                                                                  You get on? Nice if so

Comment

Good to see a few tackles coming into the jumps game to make it a bit more exciting...

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                                                                      Not really I think if you watch enough of it you can pick it up. My secondary school coach never actually played the game but was a really good coach. Started in a a rugby school so had to do some after school activity, learnt the game, did his coaching courses.

In terms of rucks and mauls the biggest cause of penalties is coming in from the side. You need to hit either behind the last man on your team anything else and you are offside basically.

In rucks you need to support your own body weight so no diving in.

If you make the tackle you have to let the player go once the ruck is formed and get out of the way.

If you are tackled you have to release the ball when the ruck is formed and cant hold on if other players are trying to pick it up.

That is the theory - the practice is quite different with all players cheating to varying degrees so playing the ref to see what he will let you away with in each of the areas is important.

Mauls are different - They the standing up version of rucks. Once formed by 2 or more players competing for the ball you again must enter behind the last player.

Defenders cannot pull the maul down to stop it intentionally.

Attackers need to keep it moving and once it stops use the ball quickly and if the defenders keep it in the maul than the ball is turned over.

Emmet is right listening to the refs is great for learning the ever changing rules. For learning the ins and outs if you want there will be some pretty well broken down videos on youtube I would imagine. The sky half time coverage usually breaks things down quite well and explains it fairly indepth so worth a watch in a few random games to get an idea.
                                                                                                                      This is great stuff, cheers Richie
                                                                                                                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

On the getting into rugby/bandwagon element, forget about Leinster games and the like, go and join your local AIL/junior club.

I honestly can't encourage people enough to do this, it's much more fun than provincial games, the AIL games are alot more entertaining, and your club would be delighted to have new members involved.

In the majority of local clubs, its the same faces doing the same roles continuously, and any new blood is massively welcomed. The club game, while nowhere near the height it was, is still a huge pipeline of talent in the the country. We had seven players starting for Connacht U20s in a provincial game this season, which is pretty incredible for a Connacht side outside of the big 3. If you're involved at local level, you'll get alot more out of it than just a once a month trip to the RDS.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                                          This is great stuff, cheers Richie
                                                                                                                          Ireland V Italy March 12 in the 6 Nations. make a day of it, early kick off.
                                                                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X