X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

This was excellent I thought.
      How can the US recover after the negative, partisan presidential election of 2016? Social psychologist Jonathan Haidt studies the morals that form the basis ...

Important to remember that no matter the outcome today, America's been scarred by this entire polarising campaign.

Clinton just as guilty of polarising as Trump - 'basket of deplorables' etc. Politics supposed to be a way to find answers, not draw up divisions.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
        Free month of Netflix by using the new Revolut card. Will use Paypal for another free month to get me through the Christmas. Sweet.
        Deets on how to do this, just a new account thing is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
          Clinton just as guilty of polarising as Trump - 'basket of deplorables' etc. Politics supposed to be a way to find answers, not draw up divisions.
          Good Ted but I have to take you up ono that comment

Again this is the kind of insane equivalence that Hillary is constantly subjected to.
          She makes one comment , TBF I think is a moderate response to the behaviour Trump followers, and rows back on it immediately and spends most of the campaign at least attempting to play Michelle Obama's Go high line.
          Trump says what ever he wants, more outrageous by the day from I want to fuck my daughter to all mexicans are rapists and somehow the two are equivalent - GTFO
          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

Again this is the kind of insane equivalence that Hillary is constantly subjected to.
            She makes one comment , TBF I think is a moderate response to the behaviour Trump followers, and rows back on it immediately and spends most of the campaign at least attempting to play Michelle Obama's Go high line.
            Trump says what ever he wants, more outrageous by the day from I want to fuck my daughter to all mexicans are rapists and somehow the two are equivalent - GTFO
            She outright called almost a quarter of the electorate a 'basket of deplorables'.
            Hillary Clinton expressed “regret” Saturday for comments in which she said “half” of Donald Trump’s supporters are “deplorables,” meaning people who are racist, sexist, homophobic or xenophobic.

"To just be grossly generalistic, you can put half of Trump supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables," Clinton said. "Right? Racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic, you name it."
            Trump being a fucktonne worse doesn't mean that this is ok.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                  If they walk and talk like racists ...
                  Yeah, she shouldn't have said it though. Even if it was an underestimation.
                  Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Democrats voted for the democrat candidate, republicans voted for the republican candidate. For all the words they had no effect. Maybe Trump will get 45% instead of 47% as a result of everything he said. The only real thing to come out of the campaign is that top republicans have probably realised they need to genuinely embrace that America is more than white people if they want to get back into power. Best of luck to them getting a moderate candidate through their primaries though.
                        They've pandered so hard to the loonies (gun loonies, supremacist loonies, abortion loonies, tea party loonies, climate change loonies, evangelical loonies) that it is impossible for them now to pick a moderate (i.e. electable) candidate.

Their real problem is that the loonies capture of the GOP is preventing them from mirroring the societal shifts in the US. Making the presidency very difficult to win.

After this election the GOP really needs to sit back and wonder where they are going.
                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                          They've pandered so hard to the loonies (gun loonies, supremacist loonies, abortion loonies, tea party loonies, climate change loonies, evangelical loonies) that it is impossible for them now to pick a moderate (i.e. electable) candidate.

Their real problem is that the loonies capture of the GOP is preventing them from mirroring the societal shifts in the US. Making the presidency very difficult to win.

After this election the GOP really needs to sit back and wonder where they are going.
                          All those loonies are the same people though.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                            Deets on how to do this, just a new account thing is it?
                            presume different emails and just keeping using 3 pre paid cards or swirl cards
                            Her sky-ness
                            © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                              All those loonies are the same people though.
                              No, no, no. Not at all.

There might be the very odd one who has a foot in all camps but generally speaking they are loony in quite different ways. They don't even really like the GOP, it's a flag of convenience for them.

Comment

And......, we're off

I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

County wide thing apparently

Comment

Comment

WTF is it on a Tuesday? I hadn't even noticed it always was.

Tuesday voting is highly inconvenient, so why do we still do it?Connect with Last Week Tonight online...Subscribe to the Last Week Tonight YouTube channel fo...

Comment

I think their nominating process is too democratic. They need a few hundred superdelegates like the Democrats have to be able to step in if needed and take over.

Paul Ryan should have a decent shot though. Hard to see him not being a president at some point.
                                        He's led some hardcore obstructionist tactics in Congress. I don't rate him as President material.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Mr. Burns, your campaign seems to have the momentum of a runaway freight train. Why are you so popular?
                                              X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                              Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

He kinda looks like a president though
                                                That's a good point.

So who was the most presidenty-looking president? Has to be Reagan shirley.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                  "Your campaign seems to have the momentum of a runaway freight train. Why are you so popular?"
                                                  Originally posted by Lord Sir Christmas View Post
                                                  Mr. Burns, your campaign seems to have the momentum of a runaway freight train. Why are you so popular?

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0bMfS-_pjM
                                                    Donald missed a trick by not tweeting 'C U Next Tuesday' at Hillary.
                                                    X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

'Y'all both look like Gerald Ford'

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0bMfS-_pjM
                                                        Ours are always on a Thursday.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Christmas View Post
                                                          Donald missed a trick by not tweeting 'C U Next Tuesday' at Hillary.

Comment

That's a good point.

So who was the most presidenty-looking president? Has to be Reagan shirley.
                                                            Hillary

Comment

Shes trading at 1.15 the lowest price ever right now.

Comment

Final choice although I want to turn Ohio blue too

Just messed with Maine and Nebraska coz I like purple.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                  Ours are always on a Thursday.
                                                                  No. It seems random here. Though I'll leave it to AJ or 4% to explain why.

Comment

Eurovision is way more fun as a voting spectacle and still contains about the same amount of politics.
                                                                    Just watched 10 mins of Euronews Evening News election coverage (Virgin 203) and it's quite Eurovision. Will be checking in with it again later!

Comment

Govt here gets to pick the day. Probably only worth a tiny tiny percentage difference to them either way. But whatever they choose always causes ructions because it makes voting difficult for students or farmers or some such. Though always fun to read Keane complaining about having to go back to Tralee to vote.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                        Govt here gets to pick the day. Probably only worth a tiny tiny percentage difference to them either way. But whatever they choose always causes ructions because it makes voting difficult for students or farmers or some such. Though always fun to read Keane complaining about having to go back to Tralee to vote.
                                                                        Fuck George Hook anyway. Not listening to him anymore.

Comment

I'm gonna sleep this one out.
                                                                          We have looked into the abyss.

WP Denny and the deplorables, you had me scared shitless for a while.

Comment

Shes trading at 1.15 the lowest price ever right now.
                                                                            Did remain not trade lower?

Comment

Michael Graham on Newstalk today saying that North Carolina is the one to watch, that Trump has no credible path to 270 EC votes without winning it.

So if Hillary wins NC you can slip off to bed, but if the Donald wins it grab the popcorn.
                                                                              @Raoul, can you explain why this is the case? I don't get it, 15 EC votes doesn't seem like such a game changer.

Comment

Trump meant to be edging Florida, maybe we are in for a long night.
                                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Watching odds and Hillary went from 1/7 to 1/5 in 15 mins on site I am watching (spreadex)

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                    Trump meant to be edging Florida, maybe we are in for a long night.
                                                                                    lol, 2 mins after SP bbv's Hilldog.

Comment

Kinda ironic that all the divisiveness came from the Stronger Together side.

Comment

@Raoul, can you explain why this is the case? I don't get it, 15 EC votes doesn't seem like such a game changer.
                                                                                        He has no credible way to hit 270 without NC.

Simply can't happen.

Comment

...

Comment

joint 3rd not happy but I intend to get to the top by Friday!

Met the head honcho over SRS sales today for the first time, he held out his hand and I hugged him , think the poor man is traumatised after it lol told the manager I was good buzz anyway heard after lol
                                                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

...

Comment

He has no credible way to hit 270 without NC.

Simply can't happen.
                                                                                                Even if he wins Florida?

Comment

...

Comment

Made a few bucks on Brexit as odds didn't catch up as quick as results came in / disbelief at trend through night. Wondering if tonight be same?

Comment

Even if he wins Florida?
                                                                                                      Yes

Comment

Yes Hillary was the divisive one all right.
                                                                                                        All the campaign violence was Clinton supporters attaching Trump supporters.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                          All the campaign violence was Clinton supporters attaching Trump supporters.
                                                                                                          This is a complete lie.
                                                                                                          You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                          World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                                            This is a complete lie.
                                                                                                            You're a nasty man. Such a nasty man.

Comment

Pretty sure I saw a video of a lad in a cowboy hat give a black lad a dig at a Trump rally.

Comment

Fuck off India.

Tried to pay for dinner with 4 500s and they wouldn't accept.
                                                                                                                Last edited by Jibzzzz; 08-11-16, 23:44.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                                                  This is a complete lie.
                                                                                                                  You're right, remembered after posting the incident of the Clinton supporter being punched at a trump rally. But all the serious incidences were Clinton on Trump.

Comment

Pretty sure I saw a video of a lad in a cowboy hat give a black lad a dig at a Trump rally.
                                                                                                                    They were both actors hired by Hillary. Wikileaks have the receipts in her e-mails.

(The black guy got paid more)

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                                      You're right, remembered after posting the incident of the Clinton supporter being punched at a trump rally. But all the serious incidences were Clinton on Trump.
                                                                                                                      'Serious'.

Nobody got killed or even properly hospitalised. Violence me arse.

Comment

'Serious'.

Nobody got killed or even properly hospitalised. Violence me arse.
                                                                                                                        Trump supporter shot in leg

Trump supporter attached with crowbar

Think a few were hospitalised after a crowd attacked a Trump rally too.(thought he was meant to be the one with the brown shirts!)
                                                                                                                        Last edited by Denny Crane; 08-11-16, 23:54.

Comment

...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X