• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Jump on an Aerlingus you'll pay between 180 - 250

Edit: Only £115 from Heathrow tonight
      Last edited by Strewelpeter; 29-09-16, 16:28.
      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

My Mauritian mate in work is just back today after spending three weeks at home visiting his family, his first time home in ten years.

He has citizenship here but I was still a little worried about him getting back in for some reason.

He told me he felt the same when he was queuing at passport control, he had all his papers ready in his hand but he was sweating.

The immigration official took his passport off him, looked at him and said 'Welcome back my friend' and didn't ask for anything else. He said he's never been made feel more at home than just hearing that comment.

Well played that guy imo.
        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
          After two weeks of getting 6 hours of sleep per night, individuals have the same reaction time as somebody who has been awake for 24 hours, which is approximately equivalent to an individual with a blood alcohol concentration of 0.10%. After two weeks of getting 4 hours of sleep per night, individuals have the same reaction time as somebody who has been awake for 48-72 hours.

The common thing, like mentioned above is first hand experience of people thinking they are fine. Many people believe they are fully functioning on their 6 hours a night (some are but they are a minority), cognitive abilities are still actually impaired compared to somebody with a full night sleep when objectively tested.
          Usain Bolt’s reaction time out of the starting blocks in the 100-meter final at the London Olympics was 0.155 of a second. Try to beat it.

Ha, on a rollover in mine I was curious about this and tested it and was still getting <130ms on that test

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
            While this is ok now, surely that kind of routine will come back and bite you in the ass health wise sometime in the future?
            You have sleep debt. When you sleep less than you should (varies person to person but is longer than you think) cognitive impairment accumulates day by day, almost linearly. If you sleep 6 hours a night for 2 weeks you have the same cognitive disability you would have if you were awake for 24 hours straight, and it gets worse. if you had had 4 hours sleep it's like you have been away for 3 days straight. You can't think as well, react as well and you don't even know it. People become less and less aware of their level of objective impairment as they are increasingly sleep restricted.

The surprising thing is that people think you can sleep loads at once - say the weekend - to catch up on the debt, but it doesn't work that way. If you sleep too much it's actually bad, You can only catch up like half an hour per day. Say you sleep 6 hours and the body needs eight, it takes days of 8 hour sleep in a row to regain your cognitive ability.

There is no sign in the leveling off in the impairment even, they were not morally allowed to keep testing people as they were getting so bad.
            Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
            That's insane. I haven't had a steady dose of 8 hours of sleep in over a decade and its hasn't made a huge noticeable impression in my underpant wellingtons
            12+ years of poker, working nights, watching TV shows at night etc has done me any obvious harm either. No matter how little sleep i get the night before, i'm not dying to get to sleep any earlier than 1-2am.

If we could stick 30 hours in a day and out the extra hours between 2am-7am, i'd gladly squeeze in 10 hours sleep a night. I just don't generally feel tired until quite late, and if playing poker or w/e, then just go with the flow and get 5 minute naps on the break every hour

Comment

Tony is a bot.
              X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
              Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

And on the fourth day, at 6pm God said let there be goals

Comment

It could turn a man to drink so it could.

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                  Sleep Thieves by Stanley Cohen is a very solid read confirming all of this. He's a / the leading sleep researcher. The opening chapter is rather striking, starting with the idea that even sleep researchers know very little about why we sleep and why we need a certain number of hours sleep, but that they do know that things go haywire if you don't get enough sleep.

Think current thinking is that seven hours should be the upward bound of healthy sleeping. Eight is too much and linked to slightly increased health risks - even though thats the number we were always told as target sleep hours.
                  Originally posted by oleras View Post
                  Future studies will show how bad for your health a rotating shift pattern will be, they already claim it knocks x number of years off your life, increases cancer and other health risks.

The body heals when it sleeps after all, if you are not sleeping you aint healing.

It will turn out to be as bad as working with asbestos.
                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                    Think current thinking is that seven hours should be the upward bound of healthy sleeping. Eight is too much and linked to slightly increased health risks - even though thats the number we were always told as target sleep hours.
                    literally couldn't function after several days of less than 8 hours sleep. Normally do 11-7:30

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                      SatNav

Just got the mail that my Sky is being upped in December and i have 30 days from today to get out.
                      Can i use this as leverage next week when re upping for another year?

Have had the friends and fam deal for a year and the price has doubled this month. Sick stuff.
                      If out of contract tell them you are leaving. They will give u a deal.
                      Her sky-ness
                      © 5starpool

Comment

You'd miss El Stuntman on days like today.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                          I've never had to get one so not certain, but believe you have to get to one of these two places

The Irish Embassy works to promote Irish interests in Britain: we also provide a range of key consular services to Irish citizens

Can't imagine it's much craic.
                          ugh fuck going all the way down to london,i'll just send some photos home and get someone to order an express one or something

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                            ...http://www.skysports.com/nowtv?DCMP=...roundSS...This too is a great offer if you just want the Golf, no contract or anything...
                            Isn't that only available in the UK?

There will be loads of quality streams going for the ryder cup anyhow.

Comment

Originally posted by chips1234 View Post
                              ugh fuck going all the way down to london,i'll just send some photos home and get someone to order an express one or something
                              How long do you have? I don't think anyone else can make a passport application for you, can they? Don't you have to get the stuff signed yourself by a guard when you have your photos with you?

Comment

5 vice captains in the Ryder cup, lol it it really is the ultimate in corparate bullshit ,right down to the middle management bloat.ill still tune in to watch the baba-booey cunts get silenced

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                  Isn't that only available in the UK?

There will be loads of quality streams going for the ryder cup anyhow.
                                  ...hmmm not sure...It's a really pity we don't have a resident Sky woman that could really help out here...OH WAIT!!!... Yeah you'll definitely get great streams for it, if not just tell the mrs your company meeting is on and go the pub for 9 hours...

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                    You'd miss El Stuntman on days like today.
                                    Something happen?
                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

How long do you have? I don't think anyone else can make a passport application for you, can they? Don't you have to get the stuff signed yourself by a guard when you have your photos with you?
                                      am in no rush like was just thinking of visiting home for a weekend, its more that its the only form of ID i had with me. no idea about getting the stuff signed at all, clueless about that stuff.

Comment

am in no rush like was just thinking of visiting home for a weekend, its more that its the only form of ID i had with me. no idea about getting the stuff signed at all, clueless about that stuff.
                                        Just get an Aer Lingus flight instead.

Comment

The Young offenders is a very enjoyable film, especially considering how novicey the cast are.

The quality of Irish film making is at an all time high, probably in contrast to most of the rest of the world, this and Sing Street earlier in the year both top drawer.
                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Had my first prostate exam today, wasn't anywhere near as bad as I was imagining tbh.
                                            My relationship with my GP will never be the same again though.

No reason to think there was anything up *pun intended* but still a relief to get the all clear. Still a bit unnerving to be told that your arsehole is "nice and smooth".

Comment

Just get an Aer Lingus flight instead.
                                              with no ID at all ?

Comment

with no ID at all ?
                                                Well no, you'll need a drivers licence or something. Full list here.

Comment

Well no, you'll need a drivers licence or something. Full list here.

https://www.aerlingus.com/travel-inf...-from-britain/
                                                  didnt bring anything else with me :/ guess it'll have to be a trip to london so

Comment

Originally posted by darwinatemyhamster View Post
                                                    Had my first prostate exam today, wasn't anywhere near as bad as I was imagining tbh.
                                                    My relationship with my GP will never be the same again though.

No reason to think there was anything up *pun intended* but still a relief to get the all clear. Still a bit unnerving to be told that your arsehole is "nice and smooth".
                                                    errrrr Thought that could all be done with a blood test now

Comment

...Apparently the Northern Lights could be on display in Ireland's skies tonight, unlikely but would be cool to see...Think right after dusk, and a couple of hours before dawn is the most likely time to see it...

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                        errrrr Thought that could all be done with a blood test now
                                                        ...Yeah but where is the love?...

Comment

anyone got a stream for dundalk game?

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                            anyone got a stream for dundalk game?
                                                            Various streams here.

Comment

Best weekend of sport ever?

Ryder cup
                                                              Premiership including fri night game
                                                              All Ireland replay
                                                              Arc

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post

Ryder cup
                                                                ...FYP ...

Comment

68 minutes. United no shot on target. Go 1-0 up with the jammiest goal ever. Like watching LVG team all over again.

Comment

Ryder cup
                                                                    Premiership including fri night game
                                                                    All Ireland replay
                                                                    Arc
                                                                    Probably not even the best weekend of the month!

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                      Well next weekend certainly isn't either. Bloody international break again.

Comment

Well next weekend certainly isn't either. Bloody international break again.
                                                                        Torture!

Comment

...Yeah but where is the love?...
                                                                          Yep! Didn't even have to worry about the old hands on the shoulders during the exam as my doc's a woman. Definately felt we were a little bit closer after!
                                                                          Should I bring her flowers next time I see her?

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                            I only consider real 'sports'
                                                                            Darts and mma don't count

Comment

Scenes in talaght

Comment

Get the fuck in Dundalk! Kilduff again

Comment

I only consider real 'sports'
                                                                                  Darts and mma don't count
                                                                                  ill bash ur hed in m8 i sware on me mum

Comment

Have a ridic number of Ryanair flights to Paris booked for this weekend that won't be used and no chance to re sell them. Think we should check in on all of them just for spite.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                      Have a ridic number of Ryanair flights to Paris booked for this weekend that won't be used and no chance to re sell them. Think we should check in on all of them just for spite.
                                                                                      Would you not just go over anyway?
                                                                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

International is much better than the Premier League.

Club football is basically this...

The Ryder Cup is contrived bollocks.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                          Would you not just go over anyway?
                                                                                          Its possible
                                                                                          Have Saturday and Sunday morning flights out so there are options

Comment

No ticket yet should anyone happen to stumble across one. Starting to panic. Hard to believe they could be harder to come by than last time but its looking that way. Will travel to any corner of Ireland to collect.

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                                                                                              No ticket yet should anyone happen to stumble across one. Starting to panic. Hard to believe they could be harder to come by than last time but its looking that way. Will travel to any corner of Ireland to collect.
                                                                                              I heard there was bigger demand despite bigger allocation due to no minor game. Have entered all usual comps anyway. GL

Comment

The Taxes are for the little people line is the one that seals Trumps Fate.

Even if Hillary was to die he won't win.

Comment

Josh Gordon gone into rehab. Was looking forward to seeing him back.
                                                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                    Josh Gordon gone into rehab. Was looking forward to seeing him back.
                                                                                                    The cynic in me will say there is obv a very bad story hanging on the wire.

edit@ only 25, has only played 5 games since 2013, not paying paternity monies. Dude needs several slaps/

Dolphins get all my money at nearly 3/1 tonight, just cos they barley lost to the hawks, obv lost to the pats.
                                                                                                    Last edited by oleras; 29-09-16, 22:24.
                                                                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

...http://www.skysports.com/nowtv?DCMP=...roundSS...This too is a great offer if you just want the Golf, no contract or anything...
                                                                                                      About a year ago I told a Sky customer service rep they were bonkers not to be offering this. Fucker stole my idea.
                                                                                                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Well fill your boots at 4/9 then. Put the retirement fund on it.

Comment

... I'd reckon it'll be Pieters and Sullivan along with the 6 experienced players...
                                                                                                          ...HYPE!!!...
                                                                                                          ...No real surprises here- I think Willet aside they are the best rookies, and couldn't pick Willet because of his twat brother...The teams kind made themselves, Stenson and Rose were 100% playing together, Rory and Westwood were always likely to be picked with a rookie each, which meant Garcia & Kaymer...

...Not sure what to make of the Davis Love Speech...Thought going youngest to oldest was a little strange...Oh the fucking nerves...

Comment

Filthy weasels, fighting their dirty underhand war v Splendid fellows, brave heroes risking life and limb.

Jordan Spieth and Patrick Reed v Justin Rose and Henrik Stenson
                                                                                                            Phil Mickelson and Rickie Fowler v Rory McIlroy and Andy Sullivan
                                                                                                            Jimmy Walker and Zach Johnson v Sergio Garcia and Martin Kaymer
                                                                                                            Dustin Johnson and Matt Kuchar v Thomas Pieters and Lee Westwood

Comment

...Oh and heart is always so much stronger the night before- May have looked at the betting and thought to myself "Europe are a fucking sexy price" ...

Comment

@Dice & anyone looking for streams for any sport.

6 month sub to smooth streams is 52euro. This gives you HD quality for everything with no lag.

It's an unbelievable service.

Goes best with android box but can also be used for tablets and desktop.

I honestly could not recommend this enough.

Comment

Nice start !
                                                                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

ugh
                                                                                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Would be impressive alright if a line he's never said takes him out rather than all the things he has said.
                                                                                                                      Last edited by Denny Crane; 30-09-16, 02:19.

Comment

This put a smile on my face this morning. Just a normal lad bangning in winners in European competition.

Comment

Get the yankees and lucky 15s on the ties in the foursomes in. This is the year it clicks!

Who's going to be my hero?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X