This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone seen The Jinx?

Well worth three hours of your life imo. The interviews with Durst himself are spine-tingling.
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

On another note, is there anywhere in Sligo worthy of my dinner patronage tomorrow evening? We are staying near Riverstown, wherever the fuck that is.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
        Anyone seen The Jinx?

Well worth three hours of your life imo. The interviews with Durst himself are spine-tingling.
        Great TV. Worth not googling anything whatsoever about it as spoilers galore.

Comment

Anyone seen The Jinx?

>>> Making a murderer

Comment

Going on a stag party tomorrow. Booked flights a while back. Woke today to realise that my flight is at 7am which means I'm getting out of bed at 4ish tomorrow morning, driving to airport, flying, then going 'lads lads lads'ing all day (presumably which ought to lead to bed by 8:30 except we have VIP something somewhere at 11pm)

I'm a knob. Should have flown this evening and stayed the night on my own. Stupid mistake.

Comment

On another note, is there anywhere in Sligo worthy of my dinner patronage tomorrow evening? We are staying near Riverstown, wherever the fuck that is.
              Dined in http://www.montmartrerestaurant.ie/ last weekend, food was excellent, service not brilliant but would still recommend.

Comment

Also, this is what you can expect from Riverstown.

Gardaí have launched an investigation after an off-duty detective was beaten unconscious as he tried to protect a referee at an underage Gaelic football match.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Anyone's cousin have that joey Barton book?

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                      Its actually dangerous the way we seem to be moving towards an idea that someone is guilty because we don't like them - Seanie, Pat Hickey. Lets wait and see what the court decides?

I'd imagine the case against Seanie is much weaker than that against the others who have been convicted - wasn't he just chairman? - so he'd hardly have been making day-to-day decisions.
                      I am sure that people have been presuming guilt of those they dont like since the first trial in ancient times.

Have to wait for the courts to decide guilt or innocence and then see what the judge hands down if guilty.

He was chairman at the end but I think he worked in senior positions more hands on throughout the inflation of the bubble period before it burst - the chances of the inflation period having happened cleanly is basically zero imo but will wait and see.

Not making day to day micro decisions does not excuse the conspiracy to commit issues, kinda like hiring a hitman does not excuse you from murder.

Comment

Alanis Morissette is hotter now than she was when Jagged little pill was released, I can't wait to see what she'll be like in another twenty years
                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Luna or Kinlough lodge are both really good. Luna is great for pizza and kinlough does great fish specials - both may be in Leitrim tho.

Sligo only has 1 decent restaurant imo which is Montmarte in town. Might have changed recently but not that I have heard.

Riverstown is a strange choice there is nothing there but salmon fishing and lots of protestants.

Comment

Riverstown is a shithole. Eala ban is a decent restaurant in town. Hargodans for pub grub. Montemarte (spelling could be wrong) if you want to spend more money but is class.
                            airport, lol

Comment

Staying in Coopershill I assume?

Pro tip: Don't wander into Riverstown by mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                Alanis Morissette is hotter now than she was when Jagged little pill was released, I can't wait to see what she'll be like in another twenty years
                                You wont be around to see it though
                                Her sky-ness
                                © 5starpool

Comment

Staying in Riverstown eh? I hope montmartre's food is better than their website http://www.montmartrerestaurant.ie/
                                  I'm nearly due my yearly visit to Sligo.

Alanis doesn't seem to age and her voice is exactly the same live as recorded, very good.

Comment

Fkn hell Anthony Weiner just doesn't know when to quit,caught sexting a 15 year old now. I actually quite liked the guy after watching the Documentary Weiner, very charismatic, could prob have run for president, if he didn't have a weakness for sending crotch shots to women he's never met with his toddler visible on the bed beside him.
                                    It's kind of how I imagine it would work out for hitch if he was ever elected to public office

Comment

Question for Shrap or anyone else who might know.

Any idea hhere can I find a detailed weather forecast for France for next week?
                                      All I can find on Meteo France is crappy pictures and low info.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                        Staying in Coopershill I assume?

Yes and noted.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                          Riverstown is a strange choice there is nothing there but salmon fishing and lots of protestants.
                                          Sounds great.

We are not fishing but we are going shooting. Assume some local peasants will be released before our shotguns.

Comment

Mc mahon was the pimple, not the infection
                                            Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                            https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Question for Shrap or anyone else who might know.

Any idea hhere can I find a detailed weather forecast for France for next week?
                                              All I can find on Meteo France is crappy pictures and low info.
                                              meteo france is crap.

probably easier to use www.yr.no

Comment

Comment

Honda/Tar is this place worth the effort of a trip out (not far really) for the Duke

All kinds of awards won!

Nice family afair, well apart from the brother who works for the FAI, who liked elbowing left backs in the neck and diving as soon as they put up hands to protect themselves

Keep meaning to have a wander out but...

*actually its far enough probably the reason for lack of wander
                                                  Last edited by Guest; 22-09-16, 11:12.

Comment

Sounds great.

We are not fishing but we are going shooting. Assume some local peasants will be released before our shotguns.
                                                    If you do accidentally go into Riverstown, don't get freaked out by the amount of fully grown men wearing Sligo Rovers tracksuits

I think most of the squad live out there

Comment

Comment

A flight has been booked to sunny saigon! me loved the idea of going there long time, said literally everyone after booking a flight there. It feels rather exciting 2 days work first, 3 days R&R, 2 days in HK on the way back.
                                                        Can only end well...

Comment

Comment

but i'm also quite intrigued by Riverstown

But for very different reasons

Comment

Comment

Comment

Great to see Paul Hollywood stepping up to the plate as supreme leader of #GBBO now the three ladies have wimped out. Baking in the kitchen is no place for women.
                                                                  I don't watch it but he doesnt strike me as being caught up in all the bollox that goes with that show

All about the money, expect a new book out of him soon if/before it all goes down the pan

Followed by his own show on CH4 and another few books

Comment

I greatly regret using my FPL wildcard - my team looks a lot shitter and I still own one of the weak links in my team to keep on the bench for the whole season

Comment

A few years back someone recommended Eala ban for Sligo and it didn't disappoint, also a small Italian place next door or a couple of doors away which was quality especially for the price, it reminded me of a small hotel I stayed in Italy where the owners wife and mother did the food. No nonsense hearty home cooked food. Afair elshambles recommended the Italian one so might know the name of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Loopz View Post
                                                                        A few years back someone recommended Eala ban for Sligo and it didn't disappoint, also a small Italian place next door or a couple of doors away which was quality especially for the price, it reminded me of a small hotel I stayed in Italy where the owners wife and mother did the food. No nonsense hearty home cooked food. Afair elshambles recommended the Italian one so might know the name of it.
                                                                        Unless i'd heard it from someone else and passed it on, i'd say it was Honda who reckied the Italian

Tbh, when I'm in sligo, I chill the head and I cook
                                                                        Nowt fancy or difficult but.. rarely bother to eat out

+ The Ma does kick ass cottage pie/Sunday roast etc
                                                                        Last edited by Guest; 22-09-16, 12:26. Reason: *

Comment

Originally posted by Loopz View Post
                                                                          rigatinos - spelling incorrect is the italian

Comment

A flight has been booked to sunny saigon! me loved the idea of going there long time, said literally everyone after booking a flight there. It feels rather exciting 2 days work first, 3 days R&R, 2 days in HK on the way back.
                                                                            Being so close you should really try for a night or two in Macau(45 min by Jetfoil from HK). Do it on the way back or you will never reach Saigon.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                              rigatinos - spelling incorrect is the italian
                                                                              Rugantino yeah that's the one
                                                                              48

Comment

One of these quiz geniuses has been arrested on suspicion of murder, for those who haven't read the news, have a guess which one

The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day. Gerry Thornley 23/3/09

Comment

Far left?

Comment

There all a bit creepy tbh, the 4 lads defo have a touch of the psycho about them

but 5/6 the lad in the middle, touch of the new ivory business card about him

2/1 the lad in green

7/2 fat lad

6/1 posh burd

25/1 nice old burd with 20 bodies in the celler

Comment

Wonan in the white.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickey Rosa View Post
                                                                                        One of these quiz geniuses has been arrested on suspicion of murder, for those who haven't read the news, have a guess which one
                                                                                        Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                                        There all a bit creepy tbh, the 4 lads defo have a touch of the psycho about them

but 5/6 the lad in the middle, touch of the new ivory business card about him

2/1 the lad in green

7/2 fat lad

6/1 posh burd

25/1 nice old burd with 20 bodies in the celler

.
                                                                                        SPOILER
                                                                                        This is the reason i'd be about as good as McCririck as a bookie, picked the right guy and gave way too generous odds

should have been offering 2/7

I'd be needing Barnie Curley to give me a dig out by the final race

Comment

Please be CJ. He is an insufferable cunt.

Comment

...

Comment

Great picking by Elshambles full article here
                                                                                              The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day. Gerry Thornley 23/3/09

Comment

Great egghead.
                                                                                                Shopped himself in his bio
                                                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

...

Comment

One of the casinos in macau, think its grand lisboa? The ladies of negotiable affection arent allowed to stand around. Hilarious to see them tottering around non stop on their heels. Like a pack of glamorous hyenas when a possible punter hoves into view.
                                                                                                    Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                                    https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Please be CJ. He is an insufferable cunt.
                                                                                                      He plays a character that is an insufferable cunt.

I wonder did this story have anything to do with him getting dumped off the show. How does that show survive anyway, terrible format.
                                                                                                      I'm coming around to the Chase a bit these days while I await a new season of pointless. Chase takes much longer to watch on FF than pointless 25 v 15 mins.

Finally in quiz related news Tom Waits was a specialist subject on Mastermind recently and I got 5 more right than the guy who picked it did.

Comment

oh this is a very good use of five minutes of your time today. Hilary Clinton on Zack Galfaniadis show.
                                                                                                        Thats much funnier than I was expecting, I assume they cut in most of his zingers or she could not possibly have kept a straight face.

Comment

I wonder did this story have anything to do with him getting dumped off the show. How does that show survive anyway, terrible format.
                                                                                                          I'm coming around to the Chase a bit these days while I await a new season of pointless. Chase takes much longer to watch on FF than pointless 25 v 15 mins.

Finally in quiz related news Tom Waits was a specialist subject on Mastermind recently and I got 5 more right than the guy who picked it did.
                                                                                                          Think he was dumped off the show for an incident in a club, he was arrested then as well and charged with something or other.

Comment

I like the Chase. Pointless is the best ainec obvs. Watch tipping point on my lunch breaks cos of boredom and it's utter shite. The host is the most patronising cunt I've ever seen and he's useless at his job.

Comment

Haha

Im convinced that guy is con artist to get on that show, the rubbish he talks
                                                                                                              and now he wants to be a model

Also this line from the article

"killing which he apparently confessed to in his autobiography"

reminds me of this great clip

A cop tries to draw a connection between a rapper's lyrics and a heinous murder.About Key & Peele: Key & Peele showcases the fearless wit of stars Keegan-Mic...

Comment

Saw a few treasure hunts in Dublin there today, they were jotting down arnotts as an answer as the name on the bag in the statue outside Grand Social. Regret not asking what the treasure hunt was about now, someone here find out please
                                                                                                                Go big or go homeless.

Comment

...

Comment

There's much jolity in the Irish academic world about Trinity being kicked off the all-important world uni ranking list due to misplacing a decimal point in some number they submitted.
                                                                                                                    For the second year in a row. So they failed their repeats.

Comment

Sounds like I need to exercise extra caution on my jaunt to Sligo.

Also: mildly shocked at the amount of Sligarians on here.

Comment

Ridiculous card announced for UFC 205

Tyron Woodley vs. Stephen Thompson – for welterweight title
                                                                                                                        Yoel Romero vs. Chris Weidman
                                                                                                                        Rashad Evans vs. Tim Kennedy
                                                                                                                        Marcos Rogerio de Lima vs. Gian Villante
                                                                                                                        Donald Cerrone vs. Kelvin Gastelum
                                                                                                                        Liz Carmouche vs. Katlyn Chookagian
                                                                                                                        Thiago Alves vs. Jim Miller
                                                                                                                        Frankie Edgar vs. Jeremy Stephens
                                                                                                                        Tim Boetsch vs. Rafael Natal

Comment

any particular reason apart from gambling? (don't get me wrong that's a good enough reason, just wondering if there's something else too)
                                                                                                                          I imagine its the place where the Hitch Demons go to plan your next little adventure. It always pops into my head whenever you are posting mid-bender.

Yeah the gambling mainly for me. I was there twice , both times staying with the reigning champion jockey. We were treated like royalty and got to see a lot of things and places that I wouldn't have normally ( some I wish I hadn't ). One particular evening the mention of his name and a tip for the following days racing was the only thing that got us out of a very tricky situation with some young triads and their female friends.

The first time lets just say I was young free and single and blood testing wasn't a thing for most employers .second time I was in the fledgling days of the relationship I am still in so was obviously a lot tamer. I do remember a few months after we moved in together sitting on the couch and the sky announcer saying that next up on sin cities was Macau. Some panic trying to find the remote before she came back with the tea.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X