This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
    Lots of positives to take from the tournament, our best performers (Wes aside) were the younger lads in the side so decent hope for the weakish world cup qualifying group we're in.
    I love him too but Wes was a liability when he came on today simple as. Not quite sure how you can say we was was our best performer throughout the tournament.

Comment

A roller coaster has come off the rails at an amusement park in Scotland.
      Some weekend for that to happen. A living metaphor.
      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

The sooner these games are taken out of Croke Park the better. Surely an almost full "insert ground here" is better than an empty Croker? Be much better having this game in Newbridge or the Westmeath equivalent.

Comment

Originally posted by shano1888 View Post
          I love him too but Wes was a liability when he came on today simple as. Not quite sure how you can say we was was our best performer throughout the tournament.
          We scored 3 goals and he played a vital part in two of them. Easily man of the match against Sweden, and turned the game against Italy. Agree he was poor when introduced today but very difficult circumstance to join a game.
          Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
            We scored 3 goals and he played a vital part in two of them. Easily man of the match against Sweden, and turned the game against Italy. Agree he was poor when introduced today but very difficult circumstance to join a game.

As did Brady who stood out for me along with hendrick. Anyway, I am just being pedantic as it is all academic and wes was class for the most part.

Comment

Comment

Very good start by Germany, should be more than 1 up.

The pitch is starting to show that it is only a few days old already.

Comment

Also the MO'N out brigade who were very vocal pre qualification and after the Belgium game will hopefully stfu now. We will always be limited and he is a fantastic calibre of manager for us to have.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                    Mine was better on FB, Stuck in the middle with EU !!!

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                    A roller coaster has come off the rails at an amusement park in Scotland.
                    Some weekend for that to happen. A living metaphor.
                    Landed on top of a kiddies motorbike ride as well

Comment

LOLywhites

Comment

Anyone want two tickets to see Sigur Ros tonight? €50 each o.n.o.
                        Last edited by AndyFatBastard; 26-06-16, 17:07.
                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                          LOLywhites
                          New season. Same old Kildare. Very disappointing.

Comment

I'm an irregular watcher of GAA at best so seeing someone I work with pop up at full forward for Westmeath was a bit of a stick, didn't even know he played GAA.
                            The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day. Gerry Thornley 23/3/09

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                              I'm meant to be going to that as well but feeling really weak and tired all day, may end up giving it a skip.

Comment

Without knowing anything about gaa i stuck Kildare 1/2 in an accum after that Colm analyst(seemingly pronounced cullum on rte) in the tanoy of a pp shop going on about backing Westmeath on the hcap or even outright as Kildare are poor. Now if he'd said nothin', I'd have thought nothin'. But instead pp pays him to go on and on running down to me about how they ain't been doing nothin' and nothin's been going on and all this other bullshit, so right then and there I know: this cat's got somethin' goin' down.

SPOILER
                                Still lost

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                  I'm meant to be going to that as well but feeling really weak and tired all day, may end up giving it a skip.
                                  Ditto. Ate some chorizo earlier that must have gone off.
                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                    Last chance saloon. Will take 60 for the pair.

Comment

Today's games have been miles better than yesterday's ones anyways. Belgium have had loads of chances to be out of sight already against Hungary.

Comment

Anyone been to Bolivia (shrap?) Someone I know is giving away a free one-way ticket (to Bolivia, not Belize). Kinda tempted.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                          Anyone been to Bolivia (shrap?) Someone I know is giving away a free one-way ticket (to Bolivia, not Belize). Kinda tempted.
                                          cunts killed Butch n Sundance

daGaa
                                          Sad to see Meath play without heart.

Comment

Nope, started my travels in southern Peru and travelled North. Met loads of people coming from there and all said it was fantastic, although extremely poor and basic. Best coke in the world though ainec.

Comment

Hazard, what a performance!

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                Scary. Where has he been all season though?

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                  Was he inside or outside the box when he scored?

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                    Was he inside or outside the box when he scored?
                                                    The ball was outside when he scored, his standing foot was on the line though, but I'd imagine it counts as outside. You have a bet on I assume?

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                      The ball was outside when he scored, his standing foot was on the line though, but I'd imagine it counts as outside. You have a bet on I assume?
                                                      Yeah, only need Ronaldo to score from outside the box now. Never gonna happen though.

Comment

Your never going to go to Bolivia Denny!. Did you consider he bailed on his drug run opportunity?. As soon as you land you have Quintanas cousin drive you away to a hotel where you will await the taping up gang after a few days. Those customs lads are going to be suspicious as hell when they see a lone pasty gringo entering with a one way ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                          cunts killed Butch n Sundance
                                                          let it go ffs

Comment

Originally posted by BobSloane View Post
                                                            let it go ffs
                                                            Raindrops keep falling on me head

Comment

Tiger in the golf being interviewed right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                Tiger in the golf being interviewed right now.
                                                                We won't be seeing him any time soon anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                                  We won't be seeing him any time soon anyway.
                                                                  pity, he's guest commentating now. Hope he takes to it.

Comment

What a fucking tournament, into the knockout stages from the hardest group and we give the tournament favs and host nation a good game. Heads held high with pride coming home.
                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                      What a fucking tournament, into the knockout stages from the hardest group and we give the tournament favs and host nation a good game. Heads held high with pride coming home.
                                                                      I literally just said this to a mate. Unreal achievment. France knew they were in a game today the way they celebrated. If they were taking us for granted it backfired.

Comment

Not yet but I'll get there soonish. (currently in Colombia) But I have met a ton of people who have visited and basically everybody loves it. It seems to be the cheapest country in South America and the salts flat there are incredible by all accounts.
                                                                        I'd definitely go for it.

Comment

This was absolutely magnificent before the game yesterday btw

"Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

See Messi bottled it again last night. 4 major finals now with Argentina and hasn't performed in any of them, culminating in ballooning a penalty into orbit last night and then retiring from international football at 29.

Some joke of a player
                                                                            Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Messi quitting Argentina is a bit of a mad one.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                I literally just said this to a mate. Unreal achievment. France knew they were in a game today the way they celebrated. If they were taking us for granted it backfired.
                                                                                Lol, no one was taking anyone for granted, and tbh that penalty was a comedy of errors. I mentioned it yesterday, but that was an illegal kick off and should have been a free kick to France. It's pretty shocking that the ref didn't blow, then one player missing the tackle, another falling over on his own and pogba finally clattering the player like a tool.

In a way it probably did a service to France in getting them extremely focused straight from the off. Great game tbf.

Comment

Lol, no one was taking anyone for granted, and tbh that penalty was a comedy of errors. I mentioned it yesterday, but that was an illegal kick off and should have been a free kick to France. It's pretty shocking that the ref didn't blow, then one player missing the tackle, another falling over on his own and pogba finally clattering the player like a tool.

In a way it probably did a service to France in getting them extremely focused straight from the off. Great game tbf.
                                                                                  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kick-o...ation_football)

Procedure
                                                                                  The kick-off is taken from the center spot. All players must be in their own half of the field of play, and all opposing players must remain at least 10 yards (9.16m) from the ball (a distance marked on the pitch by the centre circle), until the ball is in play.

The ball is initially stationary until it is put into play by being kicked. A stipulation that this kick must be forward was eliminated in a 2016 rules change.[2] The player who has first kicked the ball may not touch it again until it has been touched by another player.

A goal may be scored directly from a kick-off.
                                                                                  Get with the times!

Comment

Corbyn to be gone by dinnertime?
                                                                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                      Corbyn to be gone by dinnertime?
                                                                                      I've tweeted him my resignation already.

Going to be equal parts hilarious and disastrous when he wins the leadership election again.

Wondering if the SNP would run a candidate in my locality.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                        Cheers, hadn't realised they'd changed the rule! I even checked the fa website who don't seem to be with the times either

Comment

...
                                                                                          "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

A guy wakes up in hospital after getting a terrible beating. Doctor asks him what he can remember. He says "I was making love to this beautiful woman that I had only just met at a bar earlier, when we heard the front door of her house opening. 'Oh my God!' she shouted, 'it's my husband! Quick, the back door!' Now I know I should have run, but you don't get an offer like that every day."
                                                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Facebook targeted ads can be very scary sometimes.

This morning, I have

BREXIT? Come to Austria.
                                                                                                    Come to Vienna, the most liveable city of the world.
                                                                                                    Build world-class big-data-software and infrastructure with us
                                                                                                    Our health system, public and social security and infrastructure work already.
                                                                                                    And we DO look forward to meeting you!
                                                                                                    Big Data Engineers, DevOps, SysAdmins, Fullstack.........

Comment

Would be great for Enda to announce a load of infrastructure projects ASAP.

Metros, Rail link city centre to airport in Dublin. Rail Link Dublin and Limerick with High speed rail and a Cork -> Limerick -> Galway rail (and finish that fucking motorway!) corridor.

Build it and they will come.

(Not to Athlone though!)

Comment

Linking both tonights football and the Brexit story, kind of fascinating reading about the 3 Cod Wars when Iceland and the UK came surprisingly close to military conflict in the 60s and 70s.
                                                                                                        Icelands outmanoeuvring of the UK gave them a comprehensive victory and was the main reason (rather than the EEC) for the downturn of the UK fishing industry.

Comment

Quick 6 minute trip through the old Panama Canal when it was a tight fit for cruise ships, looks an interesting journey. New lanes opened yesterday.

The Celebrity Infinity was making its way from the Pacific Ocean to the Atlantic Ocean through the Panama Canal. This video was taken from a fixed position o...

Chinese are building a rival canal through Nicaragua apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                            Linking both tonights football and the Brexit story, kind of fascinating reading about the 3 Cod Wars when Iceland and the UK came surprisingly close to military conflict in the 60s and 70s.
                                                                                                            Icelands outmanoeuvring of the UK gave them a comprehensive victory and was the main reason (rather than the EEC) for the downturn of the UK fishing industry.
                                                                                                            on the subject of Cod, this is a great read fwiw

Comment

Quick 6 minute trip through the old Panama Canal when it was a tight fit for cruise ships, looks an interesting journey. New lanes opened yesterday.

The Celebrity Infinity was making its way from the Pacific Ocean to the Atlantic Ocean through the Panama Canal. This video was taken from a fixed position o...

Chinese are building a rival canal through Nicaragua apparently.
                                                                                                              they're also looking to open up and use the fabled northwest passage

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...shipping-guide

Comment

In an attempt to keep my writing somewhat sharp and have something vaguely business-related that I can post to my LinkedIn profile, I've written a first blog post in what very well become a series based around the 'what video game concepts/mechanics can teach us' in business, life, etc... Everything will be as obvious and straightforward as possible, it's really just an exercise to get some content out there!

If anyone is interested in taking a look and maybe PMing me any thoughts or criticisms they have, please fire ahead: https://powerupandgrind.wordpress.co...e-double-jump/. Don't worry about the horrible URL, will sort this in the near future if I continue with it. Also, if you spot this on LinkedIn/Twitter and it's not the worst thing in the world or something you'd never want your name associated with, I'd appreciate a Like or Share

Comment

GBP slide is making me poorer.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                                    GBP slide is making me poorer.
                                                                                                                    Its not really an issue if you are content to stay in Stoke for ever.

Comment

Its not really an issue if you are content to stay in Stoke for ever.
                                                                                                                      exactly

Comment

...

Comment

Cheers, hadn't realised they'd changed the rule! I even checked the fa website who don't seem to be with the times either
                                                                                                                          The re-taken kick off was for an offside. I think Brady had gone into the French half too early so he was offside and kick off had to be taken again.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X