• Show
Clear All

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
      15 seasons, 673 appearances & 487 goals at the top end of the game

Wow
      This is a man?

Universally regarded as one of the finest athletes in the world of sport, Cristiano Ronaldo’s ego too has reached almost mythical proportions. Take his reported approach to interviews.
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
        Sitter was saved (semantics)

Best player in the world is a different debate. Your point is he is doing nothing in big games. Not correct.

pray for Doughie.
        What did he do tonight? Not a jot - his team mates carried him.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
          My bystanders view has been that Portugal - namely Ronaldo - have been the worst sports all tournie. Especially that interview with Ronaldo insulting the Icelandic team playing style, despite him probably earning more than the entire Icelandic economy and them being plucky upstarts with no other strategy really possible than to deflect as many goals as possible. Fck him imo for that alone and for the entirety of the competition as a result.
          Some of the nicest feckers in the world lose it when they play sports. Ronaldo does quite a lot of good outside the game. And fk Iceland, their Volcano cost me a days holiday.

Having said all that.

1 Maradona
          2 Messi.

gap to the rest (imo)

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
            He looks after himself, and takes a great pride in doing so, that's something that should be admired rather than ridiculed* Yes he's completely self-serving and absolutely lives in a bubble and not very likable (as far as his public persona goes, can't speak for his private one) but that doesn't mean he isn't one of the greatest to play the game or that he 'doesn't do it' in the big games.

* and is one the reasons he's still relevant in the game unlike say Rooney who wouldn't look out of place at the local Dog & Duck team (from a fitness perspective at least)
            Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Comment

Some of the nicest feckers in the world lose it when they play sports. Ronaldo does quite a lot of good outside the game. And fk Iceland, their Volcano cost me a days holiday.

Having said all that.

1 Maradona
                2 Messi.

gap to the rest (imo)
                Maradona was better than Messi? A couple of docs and youtube clips dont really qualify me for an opinion on Maradona.
                airport, lol

Comment

Carried him? Portugal were terrible. Who carried him ? William , Nani were headless chickens at times. Some of the crossing in the game was embarassing to watch. Pro players. I liked Sanchez, big future.

Comment

Can't believe you get so many people to bite

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                      Maradona was better than Messi? A couple of docs and youtube clips dont really qualify me for an opinion on Maradona.
                      Yep, was incredible. I'm old. I saw him destroy top International teams in the world cup
                      and practically win it by himself. In italy he was dominant and took the piss at times. (all whilst probably out of his tree on cocaine)

Hope Raoul was watching Ronaldo defend the Croation attack then start off the move for the goal. Probably not.

Comment

Originally posted by Hatedajacks View Post
                        Can't believe you get so many people to bite
                        Ah here, He's got history. Clearly has closet man love for Crrrrrr7.

Are you still running or have I got the wrong man ?

Comment

He looks after himself, and takes a great pride in doing so, that's something that should be admired rather than ridiculed* Yes he's completely self-serving and absolutely lives in a bubble and not very likable (as far as his public persona goes, can't speak for his private one) but that doesn't mean he isn't one of the greatest to play the game or that he 'doesn't do it' in the big games.

* and is one the reasons he's still relevant in the game unlike say Rooney who wouldn't look out of place at the local Dog & Duck team (from a fitness perspective at least)
                          these boys have a clothes make the man thread. (sorry , youse boys)

Comment

Nobody is better than Messi. These same people would tell you Pele was better than CR7 because he scored 7000 goals in a street league in Brazil. Old people just want to believe

Comment

Ah here, He's got history. Clearly has closet man love for Crrrrrr7.

Are you still running or have I got the wrong man ?
                              Guessing you have

Comment

How backing against Portugal working out for dougie. #bottlers

Comment

Comment

The Daily Mail's guide to what happens next - including for Brits living abroad, Europeans living here and why our passports may change colour in future.
                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

AJ in 3 right?
                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Generally i hate the pointless flags down the front of the Pyramid stage at Glastonbury but a pat on the back to the punter with the Irish Tricolour and EU flag on a giant pole that's getting regular TV time.

Elsewhere it's the boringest line-up ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Kim Huybrechts View Post
                                          He lays them and they haven't won a game yet.

This Euros has been shite so far bar getting drunk for Ireland games.
                                          Last edited by davepoke/her; 25-06-16, 22:27.

Comment

Yep, was incredible. I'm old. I saw him destroy top International teams in the world cup
                                            and practically win it by himself. In italy he was dominant and took the piss at times. (all whilst probably out of his tree on cocaine)

Hope Raoul was watching Ronaldo defend the Croation attack then start off the move for the goal. Probably not.
                                            Nobody is better than Messi. These same people would tell you Pele was better than CR7 because he scored 7000 goals in a street league in Brazil. Old people just want to believe
                                            tbf its stupid comparing. both dominante. just enjoy. Maradona got me more excited to watch but u was younger with less tv exposure

Comment

This fight reminds me of homer vs tatum.

Be a good lol if Breazeale catches him with one.

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
                                                This fight reminds me of homer vs tatum.

Be a good lol if Breazeale catches him with one.
                                                He's class and will be dominant for years most likely but will lose the odd fight as leaves himsellf v open.

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
                                                  He lays them and they haven't won a game yet.

This Euros has been shite so far bar getting drunk for Ireland games.
                                                  His post said 'back anyone playin portugal' bottlers

Comment

Originally posted by Hatedajacks View Post
                                                    He's class and will be dominant for years most likely but will lose the odd fight as leaves himsellf v open.
                                                    Fury would mangle him. Think Haye might aswell

Comment

Thank god for red button on BBC glasto

Comment

RIP Bernie Worrell the keyboard player with Parliament/Funkadelic.

A massive influence on all sorts of hip-hop, RnB, funk and soul from the 70s onwards.

Recorded by Cincinnati Video Company Landman Productions at the Blue Wisp in Cincinnati, OH on 10/3/13. Features Andrew Kimball on guitar, Kyle Cadena on gu...

Comment

https://mistagroove.comPlease support my daughter, Simisola, by subscribing to her YouTube channel: https://youtube.com/watch?v=HD6bk1hOvDQThank you. God Ble...
                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Team 4 2mrw

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                              Thank god for red button on BBC glasto
                                                              I just Googled Glastonbury to remind me which year i went - 1998

There was no mobile phone back then for the common people never mind a red button.

It was a muddy year and i remember hash cakes for breakfast and seeing Tricky, Blur and Robbie Williams on the main stage on Saturday night.

But not much else

Comment

Three people gave me gin at my party now. Must have a problem? Hope it's good mindful stuff now!

Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 26-06-16, 02:48.

Comment

Nothing ventured nothing gained. Pressure's off so lets go.....

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                    Team 4 2mrw
                                                                    I'd play:

--------------------------Randolph---------------------

Coleman-------O'Shea (Duffy)--Keogh----Ward (Christie)

---------------------------Whelan------------------------------

Hendrick-----------Hoolohan---Brady------------McClean

----------------------------Long---------------------------

Walters and McGeady primed to come on
                                                                    Brackets are for players with injury doubts, I'd play Christie and switch sides with Coleman if neccesary before I'd drop Brady back there.

They're better than us. They have three days extra rest. They're at home with a massive home crowd. The ref will give us nothing.

So let's have a fucking cut. COYBIG
                                                                    "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Portugal though, 4 games and 4 draws. Betting against them(aka laying on betfair) is a great way to live. My original point about them being bottlers is pretty spot on, they simply fail to produce against shit teams, against good teams I'd never lay them. Just when they are odds on

Also Ronaldo is a class player, anyone who says different is wrong.
                                                                      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Interesting from comments section of the Guardian
                                                                        https://t.co/q5rYw9Jmvu

Comment

I like the defense and the general Line up but a tall fucker is needed for knockdowns and relieve pressure. Can see you being right except for Walters/murphy for hoolihan and maybe McCarthy for whelan
                                                                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by Fullof..It View Post
                                                                            I'd love to believe that was true. I think there is a very good chance that a year down the line a lot of English voters will see the error of their ways.

Comment

At least you agree he's a wanker

What was the last big match he did it in?
                                                                              He's been shite at the Euros. Most shots off target by any player. Missed a peno.
                                                                              He was non-existent in the 2016 and 2014 CL finals.
                                                                              He did nothing in the 2014 World Cup.

Scoring 4 against basement fodder at the Bernabeau doesn't count. Which seems to be the basis of most of his reputation these days.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                                I like the defense and the general Line up but a tall fucker is needed for knockdowns and relieve pressure. Can see you being right except for Walters/murphy for hoolihan and maybe McCarthy for whelan
                                                                                Well I'd be wary of one less body in midfield against France. And if we were to play Hoolohan with Brady Whelan's value as the third option outstrips McCarthy given his positional superiority from a defensive perspective.

I'm not second guessing O'Neill mind - he won't pick the team I'd pick of course.

Whatever XI we end up with will try as hard as they can and that's all we can ask for ultimately.
                                                                                "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

You really are still a dope

Also all aboard the Iceland train tomorrow, choo choo!! Always back whoever portugal play, they are huge bottlers.
                                                                                  I meant Portugal are bottlers tbh, whenever they are favourites they are a liability and they proved my bankroll right . I would never lay portugal vs spain or italy, but against iceland every single fucking time.

<3 portugal you bottling cunts
                                                                                  You're going back on the ignore list.
                                                                                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

One of those Hendrick long range efforts is overdue, he's gone so close in group matches, serious weapon that we've been unlucky not to capitalise from so far, today would be nice...
                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                                      I'd play:

--------------------------Randolph---------------------

Coleman-------O'Shea (Duffy)--Keogh----Ward (Christie)

---------------------------Whelan------------------------------

Hendrick-----------Hoolohan---Brady------------McClean

----------------------------Long---------------------------

Walters and McGeady primed to come on
                                                                                      Brackets are for players with injury doubts, I'd play Christie and switch sides with Coleman if neccesary before I'd drop Brady back there.

They're better than us. They have three days extra rest. They're at home with a massive home crowd. The ref will give us nothing.

So let's have a fucking cut. COYBIG
                                                                                      Back 5 the same but I go

McCarthy
                                                                                      Hendrick --Brady
                                                                                      Walters---McClean
                                                                                      Long

If Walters isn't fit to start

McCarthy
                                                                                      Hendrick --Hoolahan
                                                                                      McClean --Brady
                                                                                      Long

I'm not a big fan of McCarthy but he plays much better holding without Whelan.

Hendrick is going to hit the net. France level it up, Robbie comes off the bench and fires in the winner late on in full time or extra time. Some Irish people still hate him for some weird reason, greatest striker we'll ever see play for us.
                                                                                      France could also shred us if they all play to 80/90% of their ability. But I'm hoping they don't show up like they haven't in their previous games.
                                                                                      Last edited by Charlie Sheen; 26-06-16, 07:54.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Sheen View Post

Hendrick is going to hit the net.
                                                                                          200s for this and 1 - 0. It would be justified on his performances but we need a lot justice to be served today. Sadly the world don't work like that, we've had a good trip.

Comment

Silly question time:

Is 'stand up for the boys in green' an original football chant?

Obv I know it's based on Go West. But is it unique to Ireland football fans, or would it be used by loads of team fans just substituting green for team in question?
                                                                                            They also use it at arsenal, and I'm sure loads of other clubs. Would be pretty sure it came from club football before being taken for international duty.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Sports planners really shot their load with the early morning sport on Saturdays the last few weeks, could really have done a better job of spreading it over to Sunday too.
                                                                                                    The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day. Gerry Thornley 23/3/09

Comment

Originally posted by Fullof..It View Post
                                                                                                      Cameron's on fire
                                                                                                      Gove and Boris Terrified.....
                                                                                                      Ns na na na na na na na na na na na

Comment

Ah right. Seemed too good to be an original composition. A modern day ole ole ole so.
                                                                                                        It wasnt fuckin easy for me in the 90's...
                                                                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Willie Le Roux banned for a week for the hit on O'Halloran, same punishment as Stander.
                                                                                                          The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day. Gerry Thornley 23/3/09

Comment

...

Comment

Comment

COYBIB!!!!

Comment

Have a spare adult and child ticket for lower Cusack if anyone wants them f.o.c.

COYBIG / COYBIB.

Comment

No changes

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                                                      No changes
                                                                                                                      Duffy FG 66/1

Comment

RIP Dr Ralph Stanley

A clip from the film 'O, Brother, Where Art Thou?'
                                                                                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Silly question time:

Is 'stand up for the boys in green' an original football chant?

Obv I know it's based on Go West. But is it unique to Ireland football fans, or would it be used by loads of team fans just substituting green for team in question?
                                                                                                                          It's usually sang as "stand up if you hate x club" I think.

Be class to win this game of footballs against these French cunce and get to play another game of footballs against them English cunce.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X