• Show
Clear All

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Comment

Just on the accents. Our three have the oddest accents ever. The eldest 2 have neither strong Irish or Scottish. Irish people hear the Scottish twang but if you put them beside a Scottish kid they sound nothing like them. Same with Irish.

The little one has no accent I can identify with. My friends son asked where she came from! pretty tough with a Scottish mother, Dub Dad and living in Donegal!

Goodness knows what sort of accent she will end up with LOL. She did used to sound a bit English when the creche she went to was ran by an English woman.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
            yeah the younger one, he got rid of the irish twang and now has a very proper english accent but he's a complete mimic, so loves trying out accents all the time. australian, scottish, irish etc. He's not very good at them yet but loves using them.

Much more impressive though is he's a physical mimic, and copies movement incredibly well, from sportsmen (rugby place kickers), to dancers (he twerks like nobody's business ), or just how people walk!

basically, he's a sponge! (as they all are really)
            Get him mimicking sportsmen as much as possible!
            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
              Get him mimicking sportsmen as much as possible!
              Shrap is a french rugby fan so steady on

Comment

Brace yourselves .Glen HansArd is on a flight to busk outside Princes studios.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                  Think that's a bit of a false flag. Could say the same about UK with its vastly outsized London financial sector that contributes very little to the UK. People like saying it about Ireland to belittle the country.

Our GDP is €240bn and tax take is €55bn. UK has about the same ratio.
                  You can't compare us to the UK for the purposes of justifying GDP as an accurate measure, and the compare us with Venezuela and Chile to demonstrate how great our GDP is!!

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                    Shrap is a french rugby fan so steady on
                    Ah heyor, all the best players in the world play in France

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                    no doubt Bono will join him at some point!

Comment

Ah heyor, all the best players in the world play in France
                      That's the problem

Would you recommend Montpellier for a rugby trip?
                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                        That's the problem

God yes (although i've never been "for rugby")! great place, great people and their team is flying at the moment so they're on a high

Comment

Wife is asking if smoking in the toilet of her hotel will set off the smoke alarm. There's usually no smoke alarm in hotel toilets?
                          Depends on the hotel tbh.
                          Some expect you partake and turn a blind eye.
                          Others seem to take it as an insult.
                          Pro Move is smoking in the bathroom with the shower on scalding and no extractor.
                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                            really?
                            no, no....not buying it at all
                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

@RD3 - If you're going to Montpellier for a rugby trip, be sure to pop into Trinh-Duc's restaurant/bar.

Dad was there before for the Leinster away day and said that not too long (2/3 hours) after the game was finished, 6/7 of the Montpellier players came in for dinner and Trinh-Duc came over to thank my Dad and his friends for flying over for the match and for their custom. (If you remember, we robbed it at the death!).

Said there were some songs and stuff going on too. Fairly good craic I'd say!

Comment

That's the problem

A superb spot. A few too many hippy types lying around in the sunshine but it's a lovely place with some incredible restaurants.

Has a real charm about it.
                                ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                  really?
                                  no, no....not buying it at all
                                  You are getting drowsier and drowsier , sleepier and sleepier. ..snap.

Comment

you couldn't make this shit up. 17 year old high school basketball star is in fact...29

Border officials arrested Jonathan Nicola on allegations that he misrepresented his date of birth on his application to study in Canada as a grade 11 student

Comment

you couldn't make this shit up. 17 year old high school basketball star is in fact...29

http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...nicola-refugee
                                      Shrap, if you find that odd, you clearly never played/seen U-13's hurling in Ireland

Comment

http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...nicola-refugee
                                        Must have been great for the school beer run though

Coach: Great win today lads, go have some fun, get the er um young African lad to go to the supermarket for the beers

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                          The AC Milan Nivea Haka before their game tonight...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3i0q2n4rZ8&t=0m29s
                                          I hope the Maori council of stop taking the piss you cunt go full metal jacket in their outrage on that one

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                            I hope the Maori council of stop taking the piss you cunt go full metal jacket in their outrage on that one
                                            Cultural Appropriation you say? (aside, great opinion piece here on that subject!)

Get the Feminazis out of the pit, they've got some work to do. AC Milan must fall!
                                            Last edited by Emmet; 22-04-16, 12:46.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                              A superb spot. A few too many hippy types lying around in the sunshine but it's a lovely place with some incredible restaurants.

Has a real charm about it.
                                              Cool. Funking that Connacht get them now! Or else Zebre.

Comment

Anyone know where I could buy a bottle of Georgian brandy in Dublin?

Tried Mitchells and Celtic Whiskey shop already.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                  @Emmett:

Coming home was one of the best things I ever did. Yes there are a ton of fucked up things about Ireland, but there are also a ton of incredibly amazing things about living here. England is just sooooooo booooooring in comparison.
                                                  Boring as fuck, no wonder everyone over here under 25 is constantly off their tits on de drugs

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                  You get used to the grinding, cynical incompetence. After a while you just ease into cycles of righteous indignation and scrupulously avoiding the news.
                                                  The reason I left tbh, still glad I did

1-2 more years in London or Bristol and out me thinks

Comment

Sigh. Call from the wife there (in Amsterdam) saying she thinks she shouldn't have smoked stuff 30 mins ago as now she's too high to fly home in two hours. At least I think thats what she was saying. If only I wasn't living in this beautifully glassy house I'd throw a stone. Sucked it up and booked her an extra few days with the express understanding that I'm amazing and that this is the approach we should take to all future fckups by both of us.
                                                    I don't get this. It's only weed, it doesn't stop you from functioning.

Comment

FML
                                                      Got myself committed months ago to a work thing that has me stuck in the office and in actually doing stuff type of meetings for Tue to Fri of next week... Punchestown week
                                                      Quite likely that Jennies has her last run on Thursday in the middle of it all FFS!
                                                      Obv I will have to get my priorities right but Feck it anyway
                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                        Only Weed LOL
                                                        I don't think people have quite grasped what has happened to 'weed' in the last decade or so.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                          Cultural Appropriation you say? (aside, great opinion piece here on that subject!)

Get the Feminazis out of the pit, they've got some work to do. AC Milan must fall!
                                                          aaah there's being a dumb cunt in a shamrock hat and then there's things like that ad

mind you I thing the Maori council of stop taking the piss you cunt should go full metal jacket on the NZ rugby/football teams doing the Haka at this stage

They are about as Maori as the tattoo my brother in law got 15 years ago

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                            Only Weed LOL
                                                            I don't think people have quite grasped what has happened to 'weed' in the last decade or so.
                                                            What about Milk?

Comment

What about Milk?
                                                              There is a similarity

Comment

Only Weed LOL
                                                                I've spoken to quite a few people recently who have all quit because it's too strong, nice relaxed smoke v's zombie Apocalypse

Mind the whole of London still smells like a growers tent

Comment

Actually thinking of a Bordeaux game for a trip. Good spot?

Comment

FAO: HorseHead Elite

Journalism lecturer at University of Limerick, Dr Henry Silke, above, writes about online site Lovin Dublin, the Luas dispute and French Marxist philosophy and what ties them altogether.

Dr Silke writes:

The ideological state apparatus has many forms; the anti-working class hipster wing are the most annoying........
                                                                    Journalism lecturer at University of Limerick, Dr Henry Silke, above, writes about online site Lovin Dublin, the Luas dispute and French Marxist philosophy and what ties them altogether. Dr Silke w…

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                      Take somebody who isn't a regular user, give them a commercial strain of weed bred to be high in THC, remove any legal apprehension and inhibitions, they they are getting fuuucked up.

Not a chance they'll get through security if they are doing it right. First time I was in Amsterdam I was seeing a gremlin leprechaun in the street. To this day, I'm pretty sure it was actually a crazy dutch guy in unusual dress

Comment

What about Milk?

Comment

I've spoken to quite a few people recently who have all quit because it's too strong, nice relaxed smoke v's zombie Apocalypse

it's become ridiculous here. i live next to a skate park, and it's just a massive bowl of smoke. the smell off it is unbelievable.

tbh i've started smoking again since i got here (pure with a little one hitter pipe), but can't stand tobacco anymore though even in joints.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                                            Home of the Leinster v Clermont Heineken cup semi-final - the greatest rugby match I've ever attended. The stadium is ancient and the town isn't very wealthy or fancy but not unpleasant. The surrounding area is beautiful and the wine is pretty decent by all accounts.

The locals are very nice and it's driveable in a day off the ferry.
                                                                            ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                                                              Is that a picture of one of your heros tapping out in a bitchlike manner ?

Comment

Comment

You're a hero of mine SP, not McGregor.

Comment

Went into Currys to get MS Office for daughters lappie as she needs powerpoint and excel for school. £65 for one computer for year £115 for life and £120 for 2 computers for year (approx remembering)

When did it become a yearly subscription?
                                                                                    I am still using Office 2007 which was one payment only for life and multiple computers!

Am I missing something or/and is there any other options?

Dont like paying Gates £100+ every year as other daughter will need same soon.

Comment

Oh bless...did you learn a new word?

Comment

it's become ridiculous here. i live next to a skate park, and it's just a massive bowl of smoke. the smell off it is unbelievable.

tbh i've started smoking again since i got here (pure with a little one hitter pipe), but can't stand tobacco anymore though even in joints.
                                                                                        Seen Nick Diaz post this on snapchat. His post race recovery. Disposable Cannabis vape. Legal in california. Haven't smoked in years, but id be tempted with one of them. The sheer handiness.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                                                          I think it's a very nice city although V obviously doesn't rate it!

Comment

A lad I know who has been doing it regularly for 40 years without much incident but probably no more than a few times a year in recent years found himself into a situation where after no more than a few tokes of a modern strain ended up spending a week in hospital including a few nights in a secure unit.

Comment

Only Weed LOL
                                                                                              We'll I was there 2 weeks ago and have two decades of experience and haven't experienced such difficulties!
                                                                                              Last edited by Guest; 22-04-16, 13:28.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                                Oh bless...did you learn a new word?
                                                                                                Chadly taught it to me... apparently it has something to do with the way Jose left Chelsea

Comment

FML
                                                                                                  Got myself committed months ago to a work thing that has me stuck in the office and in actually doing stuff type of meetings for Tue to Fri of next week... Punchestown week
                                                                                                  Quite likely that Jennies has her last run on Thursday in the middle of it all FFS!
                                                                                                  Obv I will have to get my priorities right but Feck it anyway
                                                                                                  Obviously this will turn out to be overzealous arse covering on the part of the travel company, but if it doesn't I'm going to burn that place to the ground.

SPOILER

Comment

Obviously this will turn out to be overzealous arse covering on the part of the travel company, but if it doesn't I'm going to burn that place to the ground.

SPOILER
                                                                                                    You are fine you were there pre Ebola.

Myself and Patrick were there when everyone else was panicking and leaving over it, poor fucker thought he'd never get out
                                                                                                    Was probably the weeks work that netted the biggest sale of recent years!

Comment

I think it's a very nice city although V obviously doesn't rate it!
                                                                                                      Maybe I'm too harsh. The surroundings are lovely and the weather can be great but it's not in the very nice league as a city. It's Waterford or Limerick with sunshine and surrounded by vineyards and lovely countryside.

Worth seeing but I wouldnt go there without a car to get the max from the place. The best bits are a drive away...

Comment

You are fine you were there pre Ebola.

Myself and Patrick were there when everyone else was panicking and leaving over it, poor fucker thought he'd never get out
                                                                                                        Was probably the weeks work that netted the biggest sale of recent years!
                                                                                                        Glad to hear all the groundwork I laid came to something!

Ever been to Ras al Khaimah?

Comment

A lad I know who has been doing it regularly for 40 years without much incident but probably no more than a few times a year in recent years found himself into a situation where after no more than a few tokes of a modern strain ended up spending a week in hospital including a few nights in a secure unit.
                                                                                                          Basically the mellow high nice stoned feel of the 60s is gone.
                                                                                                          The hippys of yesteryear would probably be in bits with panic attacks the weed has got so strong.

I saw it with people first hand when living in Holland smoked loads of hash in ireland go to Holland suck on a 6 inch joint turn white and collapse.
                                                                                                          That or people getting panic attacks paranoia.
                                                                                                          People think its a safe drug i think its quite harmful and addictive.
                                                                                                          Not as addictive as heroin of course.
                                                                                                          Some wannabe hippys here wil say you just dont get weed but they are in denial.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                                            Maybe I'm too harsh. The surroundings are lovely and the weather can be great but it's not in the very nice league as a city. It's Waterford or Limerick with sunshine and surrounded by vineyards and lovely countryside.

Worth seeing but I wouldnt go there without a car to get the max from the place. The best bits are a drive away...
                                                                                                            Guessing if you were a wine guzzler like Raoul would appreciate it more.
                                                                                                            Waterford and Limerick sunshine or not are pretty grim.

Comment

Just flicking through my bank account details. Noticed that my wages this month was a bit higher. I can't be sure, but I think that I've been given a pay rise and nobody thought to tell me.

Comment

Chadly taught it to me... apparently it has something to do with the way Jose left Chelsea
                                                                                                                That was more a referee stoppage TKO m8

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                                  That article was painful to look at, never mind read. I'm sure I'm evil and should be ashamed or something, but if that passes for online journalism then there's still hope for old school media....

Comment

Glad to hear all the groundwork I laid came to something!

Ever been to Ras al Khaimah?
                                                                                                                    Not been there, seems to be a quiet and sedate alternative to Dubai. I'd always recommend anyone looking at an Arabian holiday to try Oman.

All that time you spent on the automated app tester is turning into a product now, there has been a pile of work done on it since and there are a few customers interested in buying it.

Comment

Just flicking through my bank account details. Noticed that my wages this month was a bit higher. I can't be sure, but I think that I've been given a pay rise and nobody thought to tell me.
                                                                                                                      Australia have an April budget?

Comment

There is a new aftertiming thread.

Comment

2 days, 13 hours and a couple of mins til Game of Thrones returns m8s

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X