• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
    2 days, 13 hours and a couple of mins til Game of Thrones returns m8s
    Those fucking dragons show up yet m8?

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
      Those fucking dragons show up yet m8?
      Of course, sure they are making hollywood blockbusters during the off season. Top actors.

Comment

Was having pints a few months ago mixed group men and women half married rest single.
        Few game of thrones fans chatting asking what was fav part and most dissappointing.
        I said battle of black water as fav scene.
        One of the lads quiet enough was drunk says not seeing Stansa naked when she was getting raped by Ramsay Bolton
        Talk about a conversation killer and he wonders why hes single.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
          Was having pints a few months ago mixed group men and women half married rest single.
          Few game of thrones fans chatting asking what was fav part and most dissappointing.
          I said battle of black water as fav scene.
          One of the lads quiet enough was drunk says not seeing Stansa naked when she was getting raped by Ramsay Bolton
          Talk about a conversation killer and he wonders why hes single.
          Jesus, and is your one not like 16 or something? Good luck to that lad!

Comment

Jesus, and is your one not like 16 or something? Good luck to that lad!
            I mentioned danaerys and some dragon humping.

Comment

Loved prince, used to have a perfect cant grow a real moustach for a while.

Got out the vinyl last night for a blast of sign of the times followed by Paisley park. 2 kids looking at me like wtf is that yoke. Can't wait until later to play some live tapes I bought on o connell bridge. If they thought vinyl sounded shite...
              Last edited by EnzoScifo; 22-04-16, 14:46.

Comment

Was drinking this last night. if you can get past the fact that it looks like actual piss, it's pretty nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                  Anyone know where I could buy a bottle of Georgian brandy in Dublin?

Tried Mitchells and Celtic Whiskey shop already.
                  Goddammit, something BBV doesn't know? I need this in the next 24 hours.
                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                    You seem very fired up about all this lately Emmet. Any particular reason?

Are you thinking of coming back to Ireland sometime soon or are the latest examples of stupidity the straw that sent you over the tipping point...
                    Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                    itchy feet.

Ideally I'd come back to somewhere I wouldn't have to leave again!
                    Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                    Ah yeah, I'm coming home, might not be next step, but that's where home is.

Just would like to return to the place in decent order if possible!
                    Easy to say now I guess, but I really doubt I'll be moving back to Ireland... I can't see it in the next 5 years anyway or beyond that really.

I don't really miss it at all. So many other places to live offer a so much more, currently anyway.
                    This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Goddammit, something BBV doesn't know? I need this in the next 24 hours.
                      list of shops who sell georgian wines and spirits:

Georgia

Comment

Paddys doing a market on which Game Of Thrones character will die first:

I'm pretty sure I know who's gonna die in Ep1 and they're not on the list....
                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Since going to the Game of Thrones tour on Wednesday I am very excited about the new season!

What an amazing day. We got picked up at 9.00am in Chichester St in Belfast and since there were only 4 of us for the Winterfell tour we went in the guides Audi instead of the bus which meant we got to other locations that the bus can't get to! The guide himself is featured in S6. His twin and his other brother have been extras for 3 seasons and his dad had a part as the Dothraki Slave master in Season one and was in 6 of the 10 episodes.

As we went to each location like Winterfell, The Twins, Moat Cailin etc we got shown how they worked the CGI to make it appear as it does in the show. It was unreal how much was used. Making duplicates of one building and making it look slightly different. Or giving it a whole new look and it becomes another building. Those on my FB will have seen the 60 odd photos that I took on the day that I put up. I have others that I can put up after S6 starts but promised we wouldn't do it until after the season premier!

We saw the locations where Rob Starks camp was, where he was made King of the North and where the Direwolves were found.

I also got to meet 2 of the cast! Greywind and Summer. They are beautiful animals. They are Northern Inuit Dogs. They also belonged to our guides family. They were contacted when they got the pups by the breeder asking if they were interested in using the pups in a new TV show. They said it was a dragon/sword type program and since they loved things like that they said yes.

The dogs are really called Odin and Thor and I got to cuddle them as we nagged and nagged the guide to let us meet them!

It cost £40 and you did buy your own lunch which was at a nearby pub and was rather nice. But we got back about 6.20pm to Belfast after walking about 6-8KM through various locations. Was well worth the money.

A guy had been sent from a German magazine and he did an interview at the end which I filmed. He videos loads and I'm looking forward to seeing that.
                          All in all it was an amazing day and would thoroughly recommend it.

Here are the doggies with the older brother William who was in GOT but he is also in Vikings and not able to change his appearance right now!

Greywind (Rob's dog) is on the left and Summer is on the right. He is Bran's dog.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                            Easy to say now I guess, but I really doubt I'll be moving back to Ireland... I can't see it in the next 5 years anyway or beyond that really.

I don't really miss it at all. So many other places to live offer a so much more, currently anyway.
                            Sure even Stoke offers more than Naas!

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post

I would take a punt on Ollie! who do you think will go?

Comment

Australia have an April budget?
                                We work off a November financial year, as all our capex comes from the UK.

Increases are usualy 3 months after that. But I did do a performance review this year. Somebody must have done one for me.

What's a typical good raise? What's a stingy one?
                                For normal folk, not your gamecrush level Raoul

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                  I would take a punt on Ollie! who do you think will go?
                                  I've requested a price. I'll wait until I get my bet on and then I'll tell ye cunce.
                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Happy Birthday Honda

Comment

Can we put GoT talk in spoilers please? I've managed to avoid all the trailers and talk about it so far. And would like it to stay that way until after Sunday. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                        Can we put GoT talk in spoilers please? I've managed to avoid all the trailers and talk about it so far. And would like it to stay that way until after Sunday. Thanks
                                        No one is talking about anything that we shouldn't all know at this stage anyway. Guessing who might die is just a bit of fun.

Comment

Just watched all 5 seasons in a few days, feels like I'm in the show at this stage. Some changes from the books but wasn't too bad

Comment

No one is talking about anything that we shouldn't all know at this stage anyway. Guessing who might die is just a bit of fun.
                                            Obviously. I meant talk about the show and stuff which i thought was obvious I've had to unfollow a load of cunce on Twitter for posting trailers

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                              Just watched all 5 seasons in a few days, feels like I'm in the show at this stage. Some changes from the books but wasn't too bad
                                              You never watched it?

Comment

Obviously. I meant talk about the show and stuff which i thought was obvious I've had to unfollow a load of cunce on Twitter for posting trailers
                                                There's very little to spoil at this point. Almost everything that's happened in the books has happened in the show at this point. I think perhaps you're being a little paranoid.

Comment

You never watched it?
                                                  Not really, when it came out the first few episodes really didn't hold my interest as there is a lot you lose going from writing to TV, felt like it was lacking a lot. Stuff you just can't do on TV.

Since it's been like 6 years since the last book I've mellowed and wanted a hit.
                                                  Don' have much else to be doing anyway!

Comment

they butchered the sandsnakes though

Comment

Not really, when it came out the first few episodes really didn't hold my interest as there is a lot you lose going from writing to TV, felt like it was lacking a lot. Stuff you just can't do on TV.

Since it's been like 6 years since the last book I've mellowed and wanted a hit.
                                                      Don' have much else to be doing anyway!
                                                      Yeah that's a fair criticism, but then the show has a bunch of stuff you can't do in a book, like show background stuff actually happening instead of just their aftermaths.

Comment

they butchered the sandsnakes though
                                                        Yes. Awful. Worst thing about S5.

On the other hand: Dem titties.

Comment

Was going to say you are paranoid as we are not saying anything but see Andy got there first

Comment

Was mad how they killed Tyrion in the last episode. More blood plz

Comment

I just started it there so i had to try dodge a few posts
                                                              airport, lol

Comment

Was mad how they killed Tyrion in the last episode. More blood plz
                                                                Spoiler that shit! Honda hasn't got that far yet

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                  That article was painful to look at, never mind read. I'm sure I'm evil and should be ashamed or something, but if that passes for online journalism then there's still hope for old school media....
                                                                  I took it to mean that because I dont like the Lovin Dublin site that I am free to also dislike the Luas strike without being an elitist ass.

Tough to tell who is worse tho, the guy who wrote that article or the Harbo guy he spent most of the time giving out about. Tough to argue with the main point of Harbo being a dick even if you disagree with the side point that the Luas drivers are being hard done by.

Quite clearly using the Luas drivers tag as click bait to get people to read his I hate Lovin Dublin tho.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                    We work off a November financial year, as all our capex comes from the UK.

Increases are usualy 3 months after that. But I did do a performance review this year. Somebody must have done one for me.

What's a typical good raise? What's a stingy one?
                                                                    For normal folk, not your gamecrush level Raoul
                                                                    A 'good' raise = 10%

'Normal' for most people in Ireland = 2%.

I'm in the normal zone these days but balance that out with a very healthy attitude towards work-life balance.
                                                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

The "not get a raise" raise at mine is 4%, is 2% more standard? Thing I don't like about mine is bonus is a big percentage of your wage, so if you don't get that one year that's a big swing

I've been burned out of my house, hit by a car...Prince and Chyna are dead.....Somebody is gunning for vegans.
                                                                      Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 22-04-16, 17:31.

Comment

There's very little to spoil at this point. Almost everything that's happened in the books has happened in the show at this point. I think perhaps you're being a little paranoid.
                                                                        Oh yeah. 100% paranoid but really looking forward to it so freaking out trying to avoid stuff

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Am I the only person never to have seen any GOT?

SPOILER
                                                                            excluding SP

Comment

Originally posted by Loopz View Post

SPOILER
                                                                              excluding SP
                                                                              I only started watching it last April/May. By the time I watched all the episodes it was on the 7th episode of the 5th series and watched live.

You should watch, brilliant show Tony didn't fancy it at first as he doesn't like fantasy but he gave it a bash and loved it too.

Comment

SPOILER
                                                                                excluding SP
                                                                                Nope, also never watched...

The Wire
                                                                                Sopranos
                                                                                Anything else

Halfway through Breaking Bad (although started about 2 years ago!)

Where do people get time to watch stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

The Wire
                                                                                  Sopranos
                                                                                  Anything else

Never seen the wire either, I found season 1 DVD in wrapper under my bed a few years ago, I've no idea how it got there but there it has stayed. Sopranos I did watch all of it last year and bb I got to halfway through the final season.
                                                                                  48

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

The Wire
                                                                                    Sopranos
                                                                                    Anything else

Breaking Bad is a pile of shite anyway. Get ontoThe Wire and Sopranos tho

Comment

Get ontoThe Wire and Sopranos tho
                                                                                      Maybe when i retire or something

Comment

Who we BBV bantz wagoning m8z?

Comment

Breaking Bad is a pile of shite anyway. Get ontoThe Wire and Sopranos tho

Comment

...

Comment

I only started watching it last April/May. By the time I watched all the episodes it was on the 7th episode of the 5th series and watched live.

You should watch, brilliant show Tony didn't fancy it at first as he doesn't like fantasy but he gave it a bash and loved it too.
                                                                                              What do you think of Vikings this season?
                                                                                              48

Comment

What do you think of Vikings this season?
                                                                                                SPOILER
                                                                                                Not been too impressed to be honest and was disappointed. Had been so looking forward to the return and felt the first few episodes were a bit weak. It did ramp up a few levels once they got to Paris again. Hated the whole Ydu character and glad she gone.

Did enjoy last weeks episode and have still got the one from last night to watch. I don't get the hate I have seen fans go on about for Rollo, love the way this is all heading. I read a lot of history books when I was younger and although don't read unless you want to know lol
                                                                                                SPOILER
                                                                                                I know Rollo wasn't Ragnars brother, I find him a very interesting character

What is your thoughts up till last week?

Comment

...

Comment

aww that's a shame. Are you selling the french maids uniform ?, have a buyer

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                      Have a Chateauneuf du Pape for the evening. Well only a glass or two given responsibilities. It's rather spectacular. Carrefour has this weird thing where in food they try to underperform Tesco with the mankiness of their offerings (UMarche is the place to go for potential holidayers), but the Carrefour wine selection is consistently amazing.
                                                                                                      I find the Hypermarches really bring out the dregs of French society...Did you notice that?

Comment

I expect Ole will love this. Mike Scotts distinct voice really suits this.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

SPOILER
                                                                                                          Not been too impressed to be honest and was disappointed. Had been so looking forward to the return and felt the first few episodes were a bit weak. It did ramp up a few levels once they got to Paris again. Hated the whole Ydu character and glad she gone.

Did enjoy last weeks episode and have still got the one from last night to watch. I don't get the hate I have seen fans go on about for Rollo, love the way this is all heading. I read a lot of history books when I was younger and although don't read unless you want to know lol
                                                                                                          SPOILER
                                                                                                          I know Rollo wasn't Ragnars brother, I find him a very interesting character

What is your thoughts up till last week?
                                                                                                          I agree with the opening few episodes apart from
                                                                                                          SPOILER
                                                                                                          bjorn growing up, and yes yidu seemed pointless. It picked up when finehair and halfdan arrived and they all hit the boats again. The way around the new paris defences was class, i havnt watched ep 10 yet either but I know a lot of the plotlines so it is kind of spoilt the watching of it for me but I'm looking forward to the second half of the season.
                                                                                                          48

Comment

Oh and I forgot
                                                                                                            SPOILER
                                                                                                            Ivar putting the axe into the kids head was quality.
                                                                                                            48

Comment

SPOILER
                                                                                                              excluding SP
                                                                                                              I have watched some of it, I'm a season behind and might try to catch up and then again I might not.
                                                                                                              Its mid table second division stuff. Story and plotting are ok but some of the writing and a lot of the acting, particularly from the more established players is awful.

On the other hand BBC are knocking it out of the park on a regular basis these days, following on from the Night Manager and Happy Valley the new series of Line of Duty is class.
                                                                                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Skybet : Soccer Saturday Price Boost - Southampton, Liverpool and Chelsea (was 9/2) NOW 13/2

Decent enhancement as the treble price quoted is close to the best price available. Liverpool decidedly dodgy as likely to be a young team although they are playing Newcastle.

Opr

Comment

Can anyone tell me what the best streaming app is at the moment. Using Movies HD flalwessly there for about a year until it went bang 2 days ago. Showbox is not reliable at all it seems.

Any alternatives?

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                    I have watched some of it, I'm a season behind and might try to catch up and then again I might not.
                                                                                                                    Its mid table second division stuff. Story and plotting are ok but some of the writing and a lot of the acting, particularly from the more established players is awful.

On the other hand BBC are knocking it out of the park on a regular basis these days, following on from the Night Manager and Happy Valley the new series of Line of Duty is class.
                                                                                                                    Agree re. BBC television drama. They have the whole social realism thing fairly nailed down.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                      Only recently stumbled across Happy Valley. Great watch, I am sure it has been pointed out ad nauseam by others but Sarah Lancashire is so good.

Opr

Comment

All standups for my team being done in the plank position...

Gas stuff.

Have been speaking mightily slow recently to sweat the bigger people out of it.
                                                                                                                        This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                                        All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                                        The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X