This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
    Purple rain, might know the second one if I heard it? Thought that was a Sinead O'C original?

Edit: looked on YT at Kiss...don't know it.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
      I dunno, UFC200 is going to be pretty damn big at this stage with or without McG. Wouldn't surprise me to see DW stick to his word and show some backbone here and push mcg out until later in the summer.
      Who's going to be their draw on the card though? They need some star power to bring in the big PPVs and I'm sure they want to do over a million buys and very few fighters bring that sort of pull. To get close to or over a million you need to pull in the more casual audience that the likes of McGregor and Rousey pull at the moment.

Frankie and Aldo don't draw numbers proven from their previous PPVs
      Will Tate have gotten some rub off of the Ronda/Holm fights? She has a big social media following but will that transfer to PPV buys?
      Do they put Lawler on it? He's great to watch but isn't a big draw either.

Comment

Nothing compares to you is Annie Lennox innit.
        I only know Prince for Purple rain too. He was a great man for the records im sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Sheen View Post
          Who's going to be their draw on the card though? They need some star power to bring in the big PPVs and I'm sure they want to do over a million buys and very few fighters bring that sort of pull. To get close to or over a million you need to pull in the more casual audience that the likes of McGregor and Rousey pull at the moment.

Frankie and Aldo don't draw numbers proven from their previous PPVs
          Will Tate have gotten some rub off of the Ronda/Holm fights? She has a big social media following but will that transfer to PPV buys?
          Do they put Lawler on it? He's great to watch but isn't a big draw either.
          Jones v Cormier did 800k and is the biggest fight they can make for it.

Won't be doing a million buys without McGregor or Rousey. This is why they are desperate for GSP.

Comment

Ah...I know Cream and Raspberry Beret too.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
              Nothing compares to you is Annie Lennox innit.
              I only know Prince for Purple rain too. He was a great man for the records im sure.
              I'm being trolled. I deserve it.

Comment

I used to get things
                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post

Won't be doing a million buys without McGregor or Rousey. This is why they are desperate for GSP.
                  Its amazing the pull GSP has/had for a dry humper. I was just getting into the game when he was 2 fights from done and even watching previous fights yeah he was technically excellent but was quite the bore. Strange that he caught the imagination of the public so much. The Rising sun karate gi he wore was a big help even though i remember it turned out to be offensive to the Koreans.

Comment

If they're going to go through with all of their supposed spending on the promotion for UFC 200 they'll need to pull something out.

Some how get GSP back sooner, roll Ronda off her couch or pray Cormier can get back fit in time for the Jones rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                      I'm being trolled. I deserve it.
                      Not being trolled im serious. And 'great man for the records' was what Master Boyle in Philadelphia Here i Come would say!.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                        What about poor Chyna? And you a wrestling fan!

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Its amazing the pull GSP has/had for a dry humper. I was just getting into the game when he was 2 fights from done and even watching previous fights yeah he was technically excellent but was quite the bore. Strange that he caught the imagination of the public so much. The Rising sun karate gi he wore was a big help even though i remember it turned out to be offensive to the Koreans.
                            He must of had a big chunk of PPVs coming from Canada.
                            From my own experience here in Canada (here five years now) I've noticed a drop off in people heading out to watch the UFC in bars, bars promoting they're showing it, charging in to watch it etc. Did they have GSP led UFC bubble here, maybe or maybe I'm just not noticing it as much as I have people over instead of going out for most of the events.

Comment

I find him pretty boring too but Canada is obviously a huge market, can't see how else he draws.

Comment

Comment

Prince fans could do worse than listening to KA Byrne's show on TXFM right now. Epic.
                                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                    Is there any type of Conor pull in Canada in terms of UFC?
                                    Yeah he definitely has a casual viewer following, if Canadian friends/work colleages are talking about the UFC it's usually when he's fighting. It was GSP when he was fighting.

Anecdotal stories I know, but my friends were in Revelstoke, a small town with a ski resort in the mountains, McGregor v Aldo, the bars were packed and everyone was cheering for McGregor. My barber, a now retired woman, would bring him up in conversation when I went in to get my hair cut. My apartment usually doubles with the amount of people over watching the fight when he's fighting compared to other fights, some of them are other Irish people though as well.

Comment

Whatssapped that massive rat pic to my mate that I work with who cries like a girl when he sees one.

He opened the message in the middle of his dinner lol.

I told him to bring it tomorrow and I'd eat it.

Comment

Not being trolled im serious. And 'great man for the records' was what Master Boyle in Philadelphia Here i Come would say!.
                                        I thought the world knew Prince wrote Sineads smash hit.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                          Whatssapped that massive rat pic to my mate that I work with who cries like a girl when he sees one.

He opened the message in the middle of his dinner lol.

I told him to bring it tomorrow and I'd eat it.
                                          If you've eaten in the local chinese in Newcastle, I believe you.

Comment

2004 tribute to George Harrison. Star studded but wait until Prince joins the fray after about 3 1/2 minutes. Just in case ye didn't know how fking awesome he is

Where did his guitar go at the end ?

Harrisons son is his double

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SFNW5F8K9Y
                                            Posted this in Feb. If you want to understand Prince's excellent musicianship watch him steal the show here. Apparently Tom Petty wasn't impressed Prince was joining them in the set, watch Prince annoy him and eventually win him over. A f genius.

Comment

Was never a massive Bowie fan, but Prince and Phife Dawg is two musical legends gone in my eyes, their music doesnt die with them thank god
                                              airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                Was never a massive Bowie fan, but Prince and Phife Dawg is two musical legends gone in my eyes, their music doesnt die with them thank god
                                                Why you thanking a god m8

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                  I think I know one Prince song.
                                                  Different strokes innit. People into different things, I'm a massive music fan, not a huge Prince fan, love a lot, hate a lot too.

If I was put under pressure and given a minute to answer I don't think I'd be able to name more than 5 premiership footballers.

Edit, just timed myself, got four.

Comment

Waiting for Dokes blog on Prince now.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                                                      Waiting for Dokes blog on Prince now.
                                                      Seemingly he got him to say 'ask me bollix' at the point

Comment

Comment

All y'all time yourselves, see how many prem footballers you can name in a minute.

My money is on the CDawg, with Dom biting at him.

Lollypop for the winner.

Comment

Who was Phife Dawg? Some rapper I assume?

Comment

Last of the PG Tips chimps dead too http://www.breakingnews.ie/world/the...ed-730775.html

Commercial of PG Tips in Britain during 1971 starring chimpanzees.Title:Mr. ShifterHaha, the funniest ad when it comes to monkey business.
                                                              Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

did you forget rooney m8, just in case that helps
                                                                Missed him, got Vardy, Schmeichel (don't know first names), Peter Czech and Chris Smalling.

Only know what two of those look like.

Gimme an hour and I'd get six or seven more.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                  Who was Phife Dawg? Some rapper I assume?
                                                                  Aye, from A Tribe Called Quest. OD'd on sugar
                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Why you thanking a god m8
                                                                    Because God was kind enough to leave their music for us, and even kinder for sending them to us to make the music in the first place
                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

Comment

John Terry

Comment

Comment

Thats the copyright system not god. I mean the Copyright System, all bow before...
                                                                            Few decades of the rosery for you m8
                                                                            airport, lol

Comment

Kevin Smiths Prince story is pretty excellent

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                                                              Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Aye, from A Tribe Called Quest. OD'd on sugar
                                                                                Never heard of them either.

Comment

We are all suffering from a terminal illness called life.

Sad day indeed.
                                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Never heard of them either.
                                                                                    Used to love this , cant believe its 25 yrs old , seems like yesterday

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3pyCGnZzYA
                                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Ass is hypnotic. Probably nsfw.

So hot.
                                                                                      This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Posted this in Feb. If you want to understand Prince's excellent musicianship watch him steal the show here. Apparently Tom Petty wasn't impressed Prince was joining them in the set, watch Prince annoy him and eventually win him over. A f genius.
                                                                                        That was really good i have to say, stole the show is right. That was the equivalent of Moore coming fast and late on the wide outside.

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                                          Used to love this , cant believe its 25 yrs old , seems like yesterday

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3pyCGnZzYA
                                                                                          Never made a penny off it. Asking Lou Reed for the use of the sample was an afterthought, he let them use it in exchange for all the profits.
                                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Just discovered Astral Weeks live at Hollywood Bowl is on YouTube. Nothing sweeter than being 100% entertained.

Comment

He is playing again at the Blues on the Bay festival in Warrenpoint this year i hear. Must go before reaper collects him too. Got to Ennio Morricone and Fleetwood Mac before him thankfully.
                                                                                              Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                              https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Never mind Prince, I just found out that Chyna died last night. Now that's someone I've heard of.

Comment

Survivor.

SPOILER
                                                                                                  Mighty play by Tai, would like to see him win it. balls the size of coconuts.

Pity the yank audience have to be spoon fed they way you could see it happening from 10 mins in with the way its edited.
                                                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Never mind Prince, I just found out that Chyna died last night. Now that's someone I've heard of.
                                                                                                    Take me off ignore you fucker!

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                                                                                                      He is playing again at the Blues on the Bay festival in Warrenpoint this year i hear. Must go before reaper collects him too. Got to Ennio Morricone and Fleetwood Mac before him thankfully.
                                                                                                      May have to drop some hints for a 40th birthday present.

Comment

The AC Milan Nivea Haka before their game tonight...

WARING: They are not Ac Milan players! They are actors for Nivea Sponsor!AC Milan pre match vs Carpi Haka Dance!Il Milan danza in stile All Blacks con un rit...

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                          Take me off ignore you fucker!
                                                                                                          Fao 5star

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3i0q2n4rZ8&t=0m29s
                                                                                                            Thats a fuckin disgrace, bordering on "blacking up".

Using the Haka to promote shower gel.
                                                                                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

This is pure art. Listen to how he crafts this song, that delay, swoon. Starts off as a laugh, like it was a spur of the moment whim. Audience and band are laughing along. Then it gets serious, that sax!!

There's jamming in there but that delay effect is pure craftsmanship.

Filmed live at the Hollywood Bowl, LA, November 2008.©2012 Exile Productions.A CD of this concert can be bought from Amazon.com (for US sales) and Amazon.co....

Comment

Hmm, I wonder if anyone else posted about Chyna and I missed it? I have a few people on ignore so might have missed it and indeed someone elven telling me I missed it.

Oh well.

Comment

Prince song only came on the tv in the pub last night. Was wondering what he's up to these days.
                                                                                                                  Then I notice the pornhub changed their P to a prince symbol. Should have clicked it then.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                                                    As for backtracking:

Day 1: I am retired!

Day 2: I am not retired!

Pretty damning if you ask me
                                                                                                                    I'm not sure anyone took the retirement seriously. But the "not retired" was a requirements for USADA. A retired fighter needs to give usada 4 months notice to come back.

Comment

why are Sky news calling the Queen 'demonic' ?

Comment

That was really good i have to say, stole the show is right. That was the equivalent of Moore coming fast and late on the wide outside.
                                                                                                                        only if Moore throws the horse over his head and struts off to the changing room

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3i0q2n4rZ8&t=0m29s
                                                                                                                          What did I just watch. Someone please break it down, I don't want to google and see what I think happened, happened.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X