Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sure they arrested another on the way to Los Angeles gay pride parade too. Homophobes using ISIS as their excuse

Authorities on Sunday were trying to determine the intentions of an Indiana man with a cache of weapons, ammunition and explosive-making materials in his car and apparent plans to attend the L.A.
    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
      Sure they arrested another on the way to Los Angeles gay pride parade too. Homophobes using ISIS as their excuse

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...nap-story.html
      Poor ol ISIS getting the blame for everything. So misunderstood .
      Deffo more to it than hating on the gays , makes zero sense. Why now ?

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
        More bombs it is so. Best not change a winning formula!
        ISIS are on the run militarily, having lost large chunks of their 'caliphate' () in Syria and Iraq.

But if you don't think that defeating a maniacal jihadist army that has enslaved millions and murdered tens of thousands, not to mention obliterated millenia of cultural history, is, well, a good idea, then we're going to struggle to find common ground here.
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Why are Dublin bus 'decked' in the Ukraine colours ?

Comment

You are talking about people who will die for an ideology that is completely and utterly opposed to yours. Do you actually think the whole thing is because of disaffected youths? More bombs is probably not the answer. I would personally prefer to see the Paris and Brussels bombers who have been arrested skinned in front of their parents so they would give up their associates. And i would say the same if it were any other race or ethnicity that was terrorising our society. But that's just me. I'm an islamaphobe sure.

Comment

Engage in positive politics jesus.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

They wouldn't have given up the guy in Orlando, as he was only 'inspired by' not a member of, so they literally didn't even know he existed. But best of luck anyway. Lets skin people in front of their parents to create a kinship amongst the Molenbeek community (and the 100s of other such communities around the world) and that'll surely prevent this type of event happening again.
                    Cool. Your dead right. Let's take a softer hand.

Comment

With your world citizen head on how do we tackle the human rights in these countries?

Ah here ignore I see you brought it up already
                      Last edited by Solskjaer; 12-06-16, 20:06.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                        With your world citizen head on how do we tackle the human rights in these countries?
                        Calmly create positive politics obv.

Comment

Comment

Comment

No, of course i don't. I gave the example of how some of the worse terrorism in Europe was wiped out through positive talks in N.Ireland, but clearly I don't know what is needed in countries I know nothing about. But the general 'war on islam' is not working, and can't work, nor can surveillance possibly work with this 'lone ranger' type of terrorism.

I guess the broad point is that IS is finding supporters in much the same way as the IRA found supporters; by targetting recruitment at people who society had created a situation where they had nothing better to do with themselves and who then found a sense of belonging in the group.

Undoubtedly a billion FB posts, tweets, will call for further marginalising of muslims as a solution, which is the height of nonsense.

I don't disagree with your points on surveillance and marginalisation. Even positive talk should never be far from any agenda. Whether the 'war on Islam' is working or not is a moot point but i think any comparison with NI is at best tenuous and at worst dangerous lest it we fall into the trap of trying to apply the same solution to a vastly different problem.

Comment

By being nicer to them.

The Waahabists will soon see the error of their ways. There'll be a gay bar in every medina. Bikini-clad ladies will adorn advertising hoarding across the Middle East selling booze.

It's a surefire solution.

Comment

Comment

We don't have to tackle human rights. We (or the US specifically) shouldn't have some moral right to impose what we view as moral rights on another country. Maybe that's part of the problem? Why not just let them alone.

More generally; its been widely shown that if you increase the wealth of people in a nation to a certain level (think its $5k per person per year - but that's assuming proper wealth distribution) that human rights naturally follow, albeit slowly.
                                    So if you are raped and report it you still get done for adultery?

Comment

More generally; its been widely shown that if you increase the wealth of people in a nation to a certain level (think its $5k per person per year - but that's assuming proper wealth distribution) that human rights naturally follow, albeit slowly.
                                      ROFL

Saudi Arabia.

GDP per capita $55k. And it's the main exporter of jihadist ideology.

Comment

Comment

The Euros are missing the horns in the crowd. Or perhaps I'm being very old fashioned.

Comment

Comment

The Euros are missing the horns in the crowd. Or perhaps I'm being very old fashioned.
                                              Vuvuzelas m8
                                              airport, lol

Comment

They wouldn't have given up the guy in Orlando, as he was only 'inspired by' not a member of, so they literally didn't even know he existed. But best of luck anyway. Lets skin people in front of their parents to create a kinship amongst the Molenbeek community (and the 100s of other such communities around the world) and that'll surely prevent this type of event happening again.
                                                Is it even correct to call it an act of terrorism, when it's a solo action? Obama must have a pain in his hole giving these statements, though in fairness to him, he does it well

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Comment

Its a microcosm of modern politics:

Candidate A: My approach to the solution would be to recognise that the most successful approach to defeating terrorism is to understand the reasons why people support such terrorism and work to negate those reasons. This worked in South African, Ireland, Rwanda, and a multitude of other conflicts

Candidate B: Imma gonna build a wall, imma gonna sterilize their women, imma gonna rip off the bomb-carrying arms of all the men.

Candidate B wins by a landslide, and Candidate A gets written off as a meak Chamberlain. Then people are perplexed why the people they are bombing don't like them.
                                                    Except Obama is quite clearly Candidate A.

And the 'terrorists' won in South Africa. And over a million were killed in Rwanda because of a lack of action so I don't see how that 'worked'. Clinton (Bill) continually references it as his biggest failure.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                      Vuvuzelas m8
                                                      Naw that was the world cup. The old European s used to blast out every match. I quite liked it. Hated the VVs though strangely enough

Comment

ah i see my problem was assuming an ability to read.
                                                        You really should stick to the stuff you know.

It's the rich Saudis who are the problem. Bin Laden was a billionaire.

Comment

Appeasement . Adolf. Aw no.

HH you are smoking due to alcohol ban ?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                              You really should stick to the stuff you know.

It's the rich Saudis who are the problem. Bin Laden was a billionaire.
                                                              His family was worth billions, he wasn't m8.

Comment

Comment

Comment

yeah but the idiots who actually hijacked the planes weren't billionaires, they were largely very marginalised people who felt they had nothing to lose.
                                                                    They were trained pilots , they could have whored their way around the world.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                                                      His family was worth billions, he wasn't m8.
                                                                      Sorry. You're right. Family were billionaires.

He inherited a mere $30 million, which should really have turned him into a member of the Eurotrash party set.

Comment

Comment

Comment

yeah but the idiots who actually hijacked the planes weren't billionaires, they were largely very marginalised people who felt they had nothing to lose.
                                                                            They were religious maniacs, inspired to murder thousands because that's what they thought Allah wanted.

Also, they were pretty much all university graduates! Does this count as 'marginalised' in your ivory tower?

Comment

wasn't the famous thing that they turned up to pilot training camp and expressed zero interest in learning how to land planes? methinks their world whoring plan would have encountered a hiccup when they had to make a pitstop for petrol.
                                                                              Dream job for a marginalised Joe all the same.

God this Germany game is horrible. The BBC commentary is appalling. Wtf. Make an effort .

Comment

...

Comment

But instead of a eurotrash lifestyle some government organisation had the bright plan to train him as a terrorist to operate in Afghan against the USSR. That bullets and bombs strat is so ace!
                                                                                  Yep. I'm going to leave you alone to this vibe now.

If you want to fondly imagine that jihadist terrorism is all in response to Western policies, then good luck with that. Hug a jihadist for me.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                                      First time ever late for work by an hour. And start time 12 ffs

FU Dice just fu

I just want to die
                                                                                      Ah heyor, I can hardly be blamed on this one. I only met you at 1am and you arrived over to me, tried to sit on my knee as you were a bit wobbly and promptly fell off. Damage was already well and truely done!

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                        Sorry. You're right. Family were billionaires.

He inherited a mere $30 million, which should really have turned him into a member of the Eurotrash party set.
                                                                                        He lived out his twilight years in a cave and had to rely on the kindness of strangers for food m8.

Comment

...

Comment

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Heard he couldn't afford brandname baked beans towards the end
                                                                                              Was he a Batchelors beans fan?

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                                Was he a Batchelors beans fan?

This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                                  Is it even correct to call it an act of terrorism, when it's a solo action? Obama must have a pain in his hole giving these statements, though in fairness to him, he does it well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFv8PVuiiDM
                                                                                                  that's an important point. Its easy to let the narrative of radical islam shape the story.
                                                                                                  It's another nutter with access to guns, 2 days ago some other nutter with a gun shot a girl performing onstage.
                                                                                                  The onion article linked below seems less and less outrageous as time goes on.
                                                                                                  ISLA VISTA, CA—In the days following a violent rampage in southern California in which a lone attacker killed seven individuals, including himself, and seriously injured over a dozen others, citizens living in the only country where this kind of mass killing routinely occurs reportedly concluded Tuesday that there was…

Obama has had to do that speech Eighteen (i think) times in his tenure and still nothing changes.
                                                                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

My only real point earlier was that this just cannot be fought with a warfare mentality
                                                                                                          But you're just a peacemonger in general. Like you'd just prefer a world with no guns, bombs or lunatics

Imagine - John LennonFuente 480p escalado a 720phttp://mozyto.wordpress.comhttp://twitter.com/mozyto

Comment

I'd watch this every winter olympics if this was still one of the sports they allowed

More information : http://www.spi0n.com/blog/sport/le-ski-acrobatique-le-balletAlbertville (France) Olympic Winter Game 10-02-1992MAN BALLET SKI (Ski artisti...
                                                                                                            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Night crew check in.
                                                                                                              X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                              Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

GoT:

SPOILER
                                                                                                                Lame.
                                                                                                                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

“Are we creating more terrorists than we’re killing?” Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld once asked in the context of Iraq.
                                                                                                                      Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Anyone watching the Copa last night? Hilarious scenes. Brazil knocked out in the group stages thanks to a 1-0 win for Peru over them last night. About 10 minutes left in a game Brazil have completely dominated, a cross is fired into the box from the right and Peru player blatantly slaps the ball into the goal with his hand.

The Ref looks to have given it, then the linesman looks like he is telling him it was handball, he spends the next 5 minutes getting chased round the pitch by the players while he looks to be trying to get advice in this ear about the decision. Then looks like he gives up and just says fuck it and gives the goal.

Opr

Comment

Still 4-5 places up for grabs.

RANDOLPH: COLEMAN, O’Shea, Duffy, BRADY; WHELAN, MCCARTHY; Walters, Hoolahan, Quinn; LONG
                                                                                                                          Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X