X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
    http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...479#post973479

I've put Stan down as a "maybe"...
    I was 'sent' one time to group conselling sessions and couldn't get into it at all and asked the guy taking it if I should be worried that I dont worry and that I felt these sessions were seemingly telling me its OK to worry then I would have to attempt to stop worrying which confused me. He never came over to me again

Maybe I am just a simple country neanderthal

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
      well done everyone

i blame denny's gf
      Class. We're suffering the bizarre duality of our Infrastructure spend at an all time low whilst interest rates at an all time low, and our Infrastructure requirements at an all time high!

And the only serious step we seem to have ever made to take advantage of the situation we've turned around on and whimpered back.

GG FF, GG FG.

Retards.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
        Bugbear thought of the day.

Am really sick of how americans say 2016. It is not twenty sixteen... Ok!!!
        Is 'twenty sixteen' not how everyone refers to it? And ties in with the way we used to say 'nineteen ninetyfive'.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
          Is 'twenty sixteen' not how everyone refers to it? And ties in with the way we used to say 'nineteen ninetyfive'.
          Always thought it should be 2 thousands and sixteen. After all it is not 20-16 just 2016.
          No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

I was born in one thousand, nine hundred and eighty eight, fuck saying that.
            airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
              Recep Erdogan Poetry comp
              SPOILER

Recep is a mad right wing Turk
              The ‘net, it makes him go berserk
              Yet he’s fond of Red-tube
              With his bottle of lube
              The greasy kebab, he does jerk
              Perfect. Submit that, please.
              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Ched Evans conviction quashed. New evidence so there will be a retrial.
                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                  £1000 offered for a limerick on Erdogan

limerick competition
                  how did I miss this until now.

Erdogan new law has enforced
                  critical views punishable as coarse
                  this law is a farce
                  as Recep'd in his arse,
                  is the thick veiny cock of a horse
                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                    Ched Evans conviction quashed. New evidence so there will be a retrial.
                    It was always a weird case.
                    She never accused him, she went to the cops as she lost her handbag.
                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

All those that thanked AJ post are freaks
                      No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                          All those that thanked AJ post are freaks
                          what would you say if you were asked what year you were born in? As Honda says, no way you one thousand, nine hundred and whatever. 19...69 (yes I'm old ye fucks ).

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                            It was always a weird case.
                            She never accused him, she went to the cops as she lost her handbag.
                            I have no idea how he was found guilty tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                              being off aint all bad, bitta pancakes for breakfast. Somehow my accident was in the paper in Sligo, family have no idea how.
                              That's pretty creepy,Sligo journo lurker here maybe ?

Comment

Comment

When answering this question it is worth considering that the millennium year was particularly new and difficult as the "two digit - two digit" normality was pretty much totally dropped and swapped out for a "four digit" description of the year. (Nineteen (2 digit) Ninety Nine (two digit)) became "two thousand" (four digit). If anyone were caught saying "twenty nought" "twenty zero" "twenty nothing" etc at the time they would have rightfully been laughed at.

We all got used to this quite quickly, and so when 2001 rolled around the corner people were still saying predominantly "two thousand and one". Same for 2002 -> 2009. Not many would have adopted the "twenty Oh two" to "twenty oh nine".

Once we got to 2010 we had a problem. A decade of 'four digit' normality could be broken, we could go back to a '2 digit - 2 digit' description easily with "twenty ten", and some people reverted back to the previously held norm.

As we get further from the initial decade of the millennium, the usage will almost certainly swing back to the "two digit - two digit" norm that preceded it.

Some people will certainly be reluctant to let go of our new found "four digit" descriptor that we all happily embraced for the initial decade of the millennium, but I think it's still certainly valid at this stage.

I for one will look back fondly on the decade where we were all in broad agreement with how to describe the date.
                                  Last edited by Emmet; 21-04-16, 10:59.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                    When answering this question it is worth considering that the millennium year was particularly new and difficult as the "two digit - two digit" normality was pretty much totally dropped and swapped out for a "four digit" description of the year. (Nineteen (2 digit) Ninety Nine (two digit)) became "two thousand" (four digit). If anyone were caught saying "twenty nought" "twenty zero" "twenty nothing" etc at the time they would have rightfully been laughed at.

We all got used to this quite quickly, and so when 2001 rolled around the corner people were still saying predominantly "two thousand and one". Same for 2002 -> 2009. Not many would have adopted the "twenty Oh two" to "twenty oh nine".

Once we got to 2010 we had a problem. A decade of 'four digit' normality could be broken, we could go back to a '2 digit - 2 digit' description easily with "twenty ten", and some people reverted back to the previously held norm.

As we get further from the initial decade of the millennium, the usage will almost certainly swing back to the "two digit - two digit" norm that preceded it.

Some people will certainly be reluctant to let go of our new found "four digit" descriptor that we all happily embraced for the initial decade of the millennium, but I think it's still certainly valid at this stage.

I for one will look back fondly on the decade where we were all in broad agreement with how to describe the date.
                                    Some people have way too much time on their hands
                                    His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                                      I was 'sent' one time to group conselling sessions and couldn't get into it at all and asked the guy taking it if I should be worried that I dont worry and that I felt these sessions were seemingly telling me its OK to worry then I would have to attempt to stop worrying which confused me. He never came over to me again

Maybe I am just a simple country neanderthal
                                      It sounds like your experience of that group counselling wasn't very pleasant for you. I'm not sure from your description what part mindfulness facilitation may have had in it all. It's entirely possible that the person facilitating those sessions has never experienced the quality of mindfulness that you may experience when you're out fishing on the lake.

Mindfulness isn't some fancy concept to be understood that may be beyond someone, it is a way of experiencing and relating to experience. And that makes it rather difficult to talk about, just as it is rather difficult to describe what it is like to see the colour red. You could try to talk about light waves, reflection, eye cells, and it may sound confusing without capturing what it is like to actually experience the redness of something.

Comment

But even before we had a year of conditioning, 2001: A Space Odyssey was still called two thousand and one.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                            That's pretty creepy,Sligo journo lurker here maybe ?
                                            a clue would be in whether the story used his username or real name
                                            Real name and birth address used, got the day wrong though. Sloppy creepy jounalism

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                              But even before we had a year of conditioning, 2001: A Space Odyssey was still called two thousand and one.
                                              Part of that surely was to convey the future by emphasizing the century.

We say nineteen oh-one.
                                              Maybe it's verbal laziness.
                                              Two thousand and (single digit) works well on the tongue.
                                              twenty-oh-number doesn't work as well.

Or maybe that is just because 2001 movie pre conditioned us.

Comment

You fucking morons...
                                                Tomorrows headline should read, Babies will die!

Hospital waiting lists and class sizes will increase next year because Fucking pisspoor Fianna Fail dickheads ran scared of the utterly cynical populist thugs in Sinn Fein/IRA.

The faces on Leo and Noonan

Last edited by Strewelpeter; 21-04-16, 11:21. Reason: ooops almost missed the IRA bit :rolleyes:
                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Speaking of Noonan...he has the weirdest way of saying the year. He would say two-seven for 2007.

Comment

how will we say 2100? back to 4 digits for a year every hundred years?

actually no, it'll be back to: twenty one hundred. the centennial saying which we skipped for 2000
                                                    Last edited by shrapnel; 21-04-16, 11:30.

Comment

Let's not forgive FG their weak livered half assed efforts and give all the blame to the pressurisers btw.

Capping charges under pressure led to MCT failure.

Genuinely the very worst decision made in the whole debacle was capping the charges as a way of appeasing the complainers. The only people that capped charges helped were the fuckers we were trying to stop wasting water and take some personal responsibility for the millions we pissed into the ground each year.

If they'd kicked the cap off, and charged €5 per 1,000l in/out, and then given SW increases / tax credits to match the average expected usage, we'd have passed the MCT. We'd have water charges, and Paul Murphy wouldn't have a job.

I can't understand the capping logic. Even now. It hamstrung IW by once again having an unbounded cost (provision of water) with a bounded income.

More weak livered half assed shit going on now if they really and truly do swallow the idea of a National Water Authority owned, funded and anchored to the State.
                                                      Last edited by Emmet; 21-04-16, 11:32.

Comment

Just quietly jack up VAT by 1% in the next budget and hit them (all the gobshites) for 5* water charges that way.
                                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Comment

Comment

Jones saying he wants to fight Cormier at 200. now we're getting somewhere!

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                Just quietly jack up VAT by 1% in the next budget and hit them (all the gobshites) for 5* water charges that way.
                                                                Thats exactly what will happen and its what is so pathetic and sad about the Sinn Fein /IRA AntiAntiAntiAntiAnti Everything Posturing Before Power types.

They absolutely don't give a shite about what they dump on their constituency as long as they can get the well paid gig whining for a living.

Let's not forgive FG their weak livered half assed efforts and give all the blame to the pressurisers btw.

Capping charges under pressure led to MCT failure.
                                                                I wonder though where we would be now if they had held a firmer line FF SF/IRA majority ?

Ugh! democracy stinks something rotten
                                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Comment

'Posturing Before Power' is pretty good.

Comment

Presume the FF rationale is that they'll persuade SF/AAA-PBP voters to vote for them thanks to their new revolutionary left-wing credentials. Maybe LL can be considered a presumptive FFer until further updates.
                                                                      Yup, that exactly.

FF get to say "we defeated direct and cost-recovering water charges for you" (though of course this has led to us all having to pay more for it as the tragedy of the commons problem has gone nowhere) and tuck some of the extreme left back in under their wing.

Good luck to the lads at Dart Underground at securing infrastructure funding from the State to build the required tunnels. They've just had the queue skipped as all of the necessary work on the water systems has to, quite simply has to; take priority, and now must be done within the EU Growth and Stability Pact rules on National Debt.

Comment

Yup, that exactly.

FF get to say "we defeated direct and cost-recovering water charges for you" (though of course this has led to us all having to pay more for it as the tragedy of the commons problem has gone nowhere) and tuck some of the extreme left back in under their wing.

Good luck to the lads at Dart Underground at securing infrastructure funding from the State to build the required tunnels. They've just had the queue skipped as all of the necessary work on the water systems has to, quite simply has to; take priority, and now must be done within the EU Growth and Stability Pact rules on National Debt.
                                                                        You got any links to a decent writeup of all the reasons this is terrible?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                            Well the money has to come from somewhere. I guess in this case atleast there is no provision for people getting grants to avoid it.

What happened to the Euro fines and the fact that we legally cant go back. I was a big fan of them trying to just blame it all on Brussels.

How FG didn't start shouting about how FF started the process and as soon as that happened the EU wouldn't let us go back. There was ample opportunity for FG to hold up their hands and say they dont like it but it is another FF legacy clusterfuck - its not as if a lot of people wouldn't have thought that it sounds plausable.

If they had saturated the airwaves with that message people would have learned to live with it and the voting would have been a little different. People get angry about fines so saying that we can get rid of the charges but it will cost us another x amount to clean another FF mess or we can just plow on, people would have went mental but also not returned to FF.

Comment

The guy in the back is way out of focus, and you can't see who's holding the rat.
                                                                              It's a perspective trick. The rat is way closer to the camera than everything else

Comment

I have no idea how he was found guilty tbh.
                                                                                I can see how he was.
                                                                                Though scumbag <>rapist

Comment

You got any links to a decent writeup of all the reasons this is terrible?
                                                                                  It's pretty simple.

We're only allowed add X% to our national debt per year under EU Growth and Stability Pact (this to prevent countries 'pulling a Greece').

If IW had not been fucked up by FG and had passed the MCT, it would have been deemed to not be a State Body, and so any debt that it took upon itself would belong to it and it only.

If IW is subsumed into the State as a 'National Water Authority' it is therefore a State Body, and any debt that it takes on (which it absolutely 100% must do, as even totally uncapped charges 4x a reasonable level would leave it severely underfunded for capital investment) must be added to our balance sheet.

That means that that the €500m that needs to be borrowed to build the Shannon -> Dublin pipeline must now be borrowed by the State and held on its own balance sheet, meaning that there is 500m less space to borrow for other projects. Any other capital that it requires to fix the centuries old infrastructure must once again be borrowed by the State, necessarily delaying us borrowing for other infrastructure.

EDIT: We could take the MCT again at any stage btw. We wouldn't pass it until water charges were uncapped and cost-recovery (not full cost recovery!) was in process. Unbounded costs with bounded incomes are quite clearly not cost-recovering, and that's been the problem we've had forever as pre-IW the State was paying out more and more each year with no real ability to control it. If we kicked off the caps tomorrow, gave the AAA/PBP their pound of flesh by adding a 'water provision' to SW which worked out at something like €300 per year per household, added the same to tax credits and make a big song and dance of "this is because the state used to pay for your water, we're no longer doing that, so you are to pay it yourself with this money" and spoonfed the idiots, then we'd be able to pass the MCT fairly shortly thereafter I'd guess.
                                                                                  Last edited by Emmet; 21-04-16, 12:21.

Comment

Jones saying he wants to fight Cormier at 200. now we're getting somewhere!
                                                                                    Cormier won't be ready for 200.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                      The guy in the back is way out of focus, and you can't see who's holding the rat.
                                                                                      It's a perspective trick. The rat is way closer to the camera than everything else
                                                                                      Marketing for new TMNT movie obviously.

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
                                                                                        Cormier won't be ready for 200.
                                                                                        he should be.

he was ruled out for 4 to six weeks begining of april, which takes him out till mid may, then that gives him 2 months before july?

Comment

Can see them wanting Cormier v Jones and Holm v Rousey for MSG

Might stick Tate v Rousey on it instead, fights as big as a Holm rematch

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                                                                            Can see them wanting Cormier v Jones and Holm v Rousey for MSG

Might stick Tate v Rousey on it instead, fights as big as a Holm rematch
                                                                                            that would be phenomenal, i'd say even Lawlor might say: "can i join the party"?

Jones fought at ufc 100 so being at both would be pretty special

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                                              Well the money has to come from somewhere. I guess in this case atleast there is no provision for people getting grants to avoid it.

What happened to the Euro fines and the fact that we legally cant go back. I was a big fan of them trying to just blame it all on Brussels.

How FG didn't start shouting about how FF started the process and as soon as that happened the EU wouldn't let us go back. There was ample opportunity for FG to hold up their hands and say they dont like it but it is another FF legacy clusterfuck - its not as if a lot of people wouldn't have thought that it sounds plausable.

If they had saturated the airwaves with that message people would have learned to live with it and the voting would have been a little different. People get angry about fines so saying that we can get rid of the charges but it will cost us another x amount to clean another FF mess or we can just plow on, people would have went mental but also not returned to FF.
                                                                                              We'll still be paying water charges under the bastardised rumoured version. So we would be complying with the WFD.

We'll just be worst of both worldsing it.

Also, all of this is poised extraordinarily delicately on the presumption that what was unearthed this morning actually happens. But there's definitely some twists and turns to get through first.

Like;

FF meeting told water issue may spark election - reports

Speaking about what has been reported so far about the negotiations, Sinn Féin’s Pearse Doherty accused Fianna Fáil of the ultimate betrayal of the electorate.

He said that Sinn Féin will be holding it to account.
                                                                                              Last edited by Emmet; 21-04-16, 13:13.

Comment

that would be phenomenal, i'd say even Lawlor might say: "can i join the party"?

Jones fought at ufc 100 so being at both would be pretty special
                                                                                                They'll need headliners in between these marquee events. Lawler will probably be one of them since he must fight the uninspiring Woodley instead of Condit/Rory/GSP etc. Couple of top class main events with stacked undercards will do me. So many great matchups across the divisions

Comment

We'll still be paying water charges under the bastardised rumoured version. So we would be complying with the WFD.

We'll just be worst of both worldsing it.

Also, all of this is poised extraordinarily delicately on the presumption that what was unearthed this morning actually happens. But there's definitely some twists and turns to get through first.

Like;

FF meeting told water issue may spark election - reports

You have to wonder why this - basically the most important point about borrowing isn't being explained or put out there at all.

For all the times I have heard people accusing the govt of guile, spin and hiding the truth they are really shocking at actually putting out a message to help their position.

Explaining why Irish water is the cheaper alternative once FF put it in place would have been much more effective then just saying we have it now and we are keeping it. Sure a lot of noisy fuckers wouldn't have listened but the rest of the population may have taken note.

When people accuse you of trying to shift the blame to FF all FG then need to say is "we are not trying to shift the blame, we are completely loading the blame on to FF, they did it and like every one else in Ireland we are stuck with the consequences."

Comment

Comment

That's another 48 hours of nothing said and pics of him training and happy as larry in Iceland.

Comment

Our Conor

I am just trying to do my job and fight here.
                                                                                                        I am paid to fight. I am not yet paid to promote.
                                                                                                        I have become lost in the game of promotion and forgot about the art of fighting.
                                                                                                        There comes a time when you need to stop handing out flyers and get back to the damn shop.
                                                                                                        50 world tours, 200 press conferences, 1 million interviews, 2 million photo shoots, and at the end of it all I'm left looking down the barrel of a lens, staring defeat in the face, thinking of nothing but my incorrect fight preparation. And the many distractions that led to this.
                                                                                                        Nothing else was going through my mind.
                                                                                                        It is time to go back and live the life that got me this life.
                                                                                                        Sitting in a car on the way to some dump in Conneticut or somewhere, to speak to Tim and Suzie on the nobody gives a fuck morning show did not get me this life.
                                                                                                        Talking to some lady that deep down doesn't give a fuck about what I'm doing, but just wants some sound bites so she can maybe get her little tight ass a nice raise, and I'm cool with that too, I've been giving you all raises. But I need to focus on me now.
                                                                                                        I'm coming for my revenge here.
                                                                                                        I flew an entire team to Portugal and to Iceland to make my adjustments in preparation and fix my errors I made with the weight and the cardio prep.
                                                                                                        With the right adjustments and the right focus, I will finish what I started in that last fight.
                                                                                                        I will not do this if I am back on the road handing out flyers again.
                                                                                                        I will always play the game and play it better than anybody, but just for this one, where I am coming off a loss, I asked for some leeway where I can just train and focus. I did not shut down all media requests. I simply wanted a slight adjustment.
                                                                                                        But it was denied.
                                                                                                        There had been 10 million dollars allocated for the promotion of this event is what they told me.
                                                                                                        So as a gesture of good will, I went and not only saved that 10 million dollars in promotion money, I then went and tripled it for them.
                                                                                                        And all with one tweet.
                                                                                                        Keep that 10 mill to promote the other bums that need it. My shows are good.
                                                                                                        I must isolate myself now.
                                                                                                        I am facing a taller, longer and heavier man. I need to prepare correctly this time.
                                                                                                        I can not dance for you this time.
                                                                                                        It is time for the other monkeys to dance. I've danced us all the way here.
                                                                                                        Nate's little mush head looks good up on that stage these days. Stuff him in front of the camera for it.
                                                                                                        He came in with no shit to do that last one. I'd already done press conferences, interviews and shot the ads before RDA pulled out.
                                                                                                        Maybe I'll hit Cabo this time and skull some shots pre-fight with no obligation.
                                                                                                        I'm doing what I need for me now.
                                                                                                        It is time to be selfish with my training again. It is the only way.
                                                                                                        I feel the $400million I have generated for the company in my last three events, all inside 8 months, is enough to get me this slight leeway.
                                                                                                        I am still ready to go for UFC 200.
                                                                                                        I will offer, like I already did, to fly to New York for the big press conference that was scheduled, and then I will go back into training. With no distractions.
                                                                                                        If this is not enough or they feel I have not deserved to sit this promotion run out this one time, well then I don't know what to say.
                                                                                                        For the record also -
                                                                                                        For USADA and for the UFC and my contract stipulations -
                                                                                                        I AM NOT RETIRED.

Comment

Lol. Back tracking like a mofo. He needs Dana more than Dana needs him

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                            Lol. Back tracking like a mofo. He needs Dana more than Dana needs him
                                                                                                            How is he backtracking m8

Comment

I am facing a taller, longer and heavier man.

Comment

MCG statement. Fair enough IMO

Comment

guess who has you on ignore CHD

Comment

Sitting in a car on the way to some dump in Conneticut or somewhere, to speak to Tim and Suzie on the nobody gives a fuck morning show did not get me this life. Talking to some lady that deep down doesn't give a fuck about what I'm doing, but just wants some sound bites so she can maybe get her little tight ass a nice raise, and I'm cool with that too,

Comment

guess who has you on ignore CHD
                                                                                                                      Nobody m8, I am amazing.

Comment

Biggins = Jeff Rudd right?

Comment

...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X