This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
    thinking of switching to a Galaxy S7 Edge after probably 8 years or so on Apple phones.

1. Should I?
    2. In terms of migrating contacts etc from Apple to Samsung, presume it should be straight forward?
    3. In terms of usability, am I gonna get frustrated adapting to Samsung having been institutionalised by Apple.
    Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
    Well FWIW I've a Samsung S6 and can't wait to ditch it for an iPhone. Battery is beyond shocking.
    good friend of mine who gets a new phone every 6 months says it's by far the best phone he's ever had

re batteries, just get a battery case ffs. if you want a mini computer, get a power pack!

Originally posted by digiman View Post
    Any good new films available to download that are in good quality 720p +?
    yes .loads!

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
      Logging off?
      Wait for it...

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
      This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
        yes .loads!
        Suggestions!!

Comment

Originally posted by digiman View Post
          Suggestions!!
          Mad max, room, hateful 8, the revenant.

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 17-04-16, 18:42.
            "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                    Yeah samsung batteries are beyond woeful. I'd switch to Moto X, OnePlusTwo if you are going to move over. Savings are mad by comparison and phone is a mile better, even if savings aren't your thing.
                    I love a deal but tbh when it comes to mobiles, given I'll probably use it for at least 1,000+ hours, I don't really rank the price of the various options very highly when deciding which to buy.

The thing that attracts me to iPhones is that everything just works. Hard to define what I mean by that but the fact that the same crowd design the hardware and software tells.

Comment

Comment

I used to be rabidly against Apple as exploitation through hiding the €1,200 cost by those opaque mobile contracts, but having seen my wife's Mac laptop in action vs my piece of shit (newish) Dell, they do seem to do quality very well.

But.. the MotoX, OnePlusTwo, are seemingly in a different class. My meagre MotoG (most recent version) is a joy to behold, and think that MoroX has two days power in it.
                        Did you piece of shit (newish) Dell cost the same as her Macbook? If not it is a bit of an unfair comparison.

Comment

Barcelona 2-0 down at home to Valencia at h/t. What looked like a stroll for Barcelona in the league is becoming a very close three way batlle to the line.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                            Barcelona 2-0 down at home to Valencia at h/t. What looked like a stroll for Barcelona in the league is becoming a very close three way batlle to the line.

Opr
                            They really are Arsenaling things up.

Comment

Read an academic paper this morning which gathered together 6 million reviews on 200,000 amazon products and linked them to a few hundred companies on the stock market. They then created a trading portfolio that bought companies that had rising reviews compared to their base level of favourability, and sold falling review companies.

The idea being that there is new information in these online reviews as they preface whats likely to happen to sales, profits in the future.

You'd just read the whole thing and go: man, that seems like vastly more work than its worth. The guy had to manually find the relevant companies using google, so even with the best python script it must have taken the guts of a year.

He then hid on page 30 or so, that despite his strategy being academically/statistically important, that all the companies his strategy works for are 'hard to arbitrage' companies. This being academic code for: there's no way you can short-sell them at anything less than extortionate costs, and even if you want a buy-only portfolio you'll be paying a decent multiple of the supposed profits in transaction fees.
                              And that some of those reviews will be false, especially at the start. You can probably buy 1000k reviews off some cunt for 5e online.
                              X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                              Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Icky celebration day will be June 11th, Saturday. I will bring him to our nations capital.

Comment

I used to be rabidly against Apple as exploitation through hiding the €1,200 cost by those opaque mobile contracts, but having seen my wife's Mac laptop in action vs my piece of shit (newish) Dell, they do seem to do quality very well.

But.. the MotoX, OnePlusTwo, are seemingly in a different class. My meagre MotoG (most recent version) is a joy to behold, and think that MoroX has two days power in it.
                                  Im currently weighing up the iPhone SE, Oneplus2, and various other options (all sim free). SWMBO has the oneplusX which is also nice.

The 2nd gen motoX doesnt get fantastic reviews unfortunately. They are also getting a little rarer as the moto brand seems to be slowly disappearing after the purchase by Lenovo.
                                  May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Will the HTC 10 be available soon on these shores?
                                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

I have the Nexus 6p and absolutely disgusted with the battery life .

Without doubt the best phone I ever had was the samsung note 3, battery life was awesome
                                      Her sky-ness
                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Please submit your tea updates by 9.30pm. Thank you.

Comment

Batter sausage and chips

Comment

Pizza, garlic bread, Ben n jerrys.

Comment

2x chocolate muffins and black tea, as there is no milk

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Christmas View Post
                                                Please submit your tea updates by 9.30pm. Thank you.
                                                Zero. Typing from bed zzz night
                                                Her sky-ness
                                                © 5starpool

Comment

Green prawn curry and ribs

Comment

Black tea is decent tbf. Went to Paris once, asked the lady doing breakfast for milk and she looked at me like I was going mad so just drank it black. Would do again.

Comment

Have nexus 5x and that is great, fingerprint scanner very handy.

I go through loads of phones as they are free and would also recommend any sony xperia z

Comment

Comment

I'm sure there's at least one book written about the French.

Comment

I had one as a kid

Comment

That Jesus fella, you could write a book about him.

Comment

Hands up whose first solo sexual experience wasn't to a topless pygmy from that fine publication.
                                                                That just reminded me that I used to masturbate to J P Donleavy novels. Jesus, I must have been desperate for inspiration.
                                                                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Comment

Comment

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Making a Wooden Bowl

Comment

Getting into the car heading for work this morning, had to go back and get the camera.

DSC_0521 by Ole Rasmussen, on Flickr
                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

From Gary Barlow's Live DVD "Since i saw you last".A "must have" DVD!!!Enjoy his Medley:0:10 Nobody Else1:55 Love Ain´t Here Anymore3:45 Dying Inside5:20 Sai...

Comment

Hawkeye theme to ep7 of Vinyl.

What a show.

Comment

That's an awesome pic Ole, that your garden?

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                  Well FWIW I've a Samsung S6 and can't wait to ditch it for an iPhone. Battery is beyond shocking.
                                                                                  Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                  good friend of mine who gets a new phone every 6 months says it's by far the best phone he's ever had

re batteries, just get a battery case ffs. if you want a mini computer, get a power pack!
                                                                                  I find the battery life on my S6 still pretty good, and i use it a lot. It fully charges super fast too which is handy. Although something very strange has happened in the last few days.

There's no sound or previews for any of my incoming messages. All volume and notifications are turned on, and i've tried changing themes and notification sounds. Message settings and everything all look like they're working. They don't show on the lock screen either like they used. Load of balls!

Comment

Oh that is brilliant, could have done with that in China.
                                                                                    No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Bigdog hammered and deep in the Milly with a huge stack for anyone who's bored.

Twitch is the world's leading video platform and community for gamers.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                        That's an awesome pic Ole, that your garden?
                                                                                        No thank fuck, imagine cutting that ! the field across the road from my house, the tree is mine though...lol
                                                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                          http://i.imgur.com/n8fZAYm.gif
                                                                                          The ocean is absolutely the freakiest place on earth. The shit that lives down at those depth is are so far removed from the surface that they are basically aliens.

Comment

Hello bbv plumber types. When we run the hot water shower/bath , the kitchen cold waterr tap makes a high pitched noise and drips a bit. Any idea what causes that or a suggest fix ?

Thx

Comment

...

Comment

Ban this Barbaric hobby.
                                                                                                Drone hits plane at Heathrow airport, says pilot

The premium domain name gu.com is for sale. Make an offer or buy it now at a set price. Simple, safe and secure through

One of these into an engine= major grimness. How much of a fruitloop would you have to be to be flying one near an airport

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Christmas View Post
                                                                                                  Icky celebration day will be June 11th, Saturday. I will bring him to our nations capital.
                                                                                                  A confrontation between mobsters (Bobby Moynihan, Beck Bennett, Jon Rudnitsky, Pete Davidson) is interrupted by a singer's (Peter Dinklage) performance. Spec...
                                                                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                                    The ocean is absolutely the freakiest place on earth. The shit that lives down at those depth is are so far removed from the surface that they are basically aliens.
                                                                                                    agreed.
                                                                                                    Octopus is a prime example.
                                                                                                    Cephalopods are strange fucking creatures. So far from us but so close. Their eyes have evolved superior to ours. Think about it. We diverged so long ago, that eyes hadn't even developed. Fucking eyes. Our eyes are inside out. We have the support level of cells (i.e. blood and shit) on the close side of our retina. That's why you see floaters and worms (little squiggly fuckers). We're seeing our blood flow between our detectors.
                                                                                                    Their eyes have detectors fed from the bottom. So their eye cells see first the light, then get blood and waste removal.
                                                                                                    Cephalopods are the most advanced organism that is the most distant from vertebrates.
                                                                                                    Fuckers freak me out
                                                                                                    Last edited by DeadParrot; 18-04-16, 08:48.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                          agreed.
                                                                                                          Octopus is a prime example.
                                                                                                          Cephalopods are strange fucking creatures. So far from us but so close. Their eyes have evolved superior to ours. Think about it. We diverged so long ago, that eyes hadn't even developed. Fucking eyes. Our eyes are inside out. We have the support level of cells (i.e. blood and shit) on the close side of our retina. That's why you see floaters and worms (little squiggly fuckers). We're seeing our blood flow between our detectors.
                                                                                                          Their eyes have detectors fed from the bottom. So their eye cells see first the light, then get blood and waste removal.
                                                                                                          Cephalopods are the most advanced organism that is the most distant from vertebrates.
                                                                                                          Fuckers freak me out
                                                                                                          Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

...

Comment

Octapi/Octopuses are weird alright. But in terms of freakiest, when you go down deep you have giant and collossal squid, the largest cephalopods.

Then what about these freaky bastards;
                                                                                                              SPOILER

Comment

...

Comment

Where do we stand on the Republican nominee now? Guys like Rubio, Romney & Walker are getting gradually re-added by the bookmakers at long prices, as presumably they become players if as seems likely no-one gets a majority of primary delegates.
                                                                                                                  Is Paul "Rule me out" Ryan still the most plausible compromise candidate on the grounds that the others have already been rejected by Republican voters this year? 50/1 66/1 seems nibblish.

Comment

jaysus Mellor. Whats that one called? Looks like he spent too much time at a Golden Corral buffet.
                                                                                                                    Blobfish!

Comment

jaysus Mellor. Whats that one called? Looks like he spent too much time at a Golden Corral buffet.
                                                                                                                      It's a Blobfish

Comment

It's rather the aptly named, blob-fish.

We've explored 5% of the ocean, who knows what the fuck us down there.

Shell oil drilling rig filmed this in 2007. It's possibly a rarely seen squid as an adult. But they aren't sure as they've only found the juveniles
                                                                                                                        (It's a big fin squid Hitch)

Here's a composite image from the above
                                                                                                                        SPOILER
                                                                                                                        Last edited by Mellor; 18-04-16, 10:57.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                                          Where do we stand on the Republican nominee now? Guys like Rubio, Romney & Walker are getting gradually re-added by the bookmakers at long prices, as presumably they become players if as seems likely no-one gets a majority of primary delegates.
                                                                                                                          Is Paul "Rule me out" Ryan still the most plausible compromise candidate on the grounds that the others have already been rejected by Republican voters this year? 50/1 66/1 seems nibblish.
                                                                                                                          Ryan might only run if there was a decent chance he could win and that would mean being up against Sanders.
                                                                                                                          I'm confused as to who exactly is ruled in and ruled out in a contested convention and a brokered convention, I thought the likes of Ryan and Romney could only run from a brokered convention
                                                                                                                          If they were both restricted to being nominated by a brokered convention they will want to go for someone who can pull them back from the abyss and rescue their credibility as a functioning party. Romney would be obvious safe pair of hands and a maybe better value at 300 to Ryan's 80.
                                                                                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X