This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
    Holy shit, The Wire on Sky Atlantic looks amazing, proper HD.

Think I'm gonna get stuck back in, fuckit.
    I'm about to start it again, I can't help it
    airport, lol

Comment

If anyone can recommend any good, yet cheap laptops currently on sale I would be most obliged. Don't really care where I get it once I can collect/get it delivered this week.

Otherwise I'll just end up going to currys and buying a random one
      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
        If anyone can recommend any good, yet cheap laptops currently on sale I would be most obliged. Don't really care where I get it once I can collect/get it delivered this week.

All the cool kids seem to be going the chromebook way.
        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Yeah I have noticed that and am obviously uncool as i want a lappy for playing poker and downloading movies. So uncool
          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
              I'm about to start it again, I can't help it

Fancy cunce with yer sky hd.

Jealous.

Comment

Tesco. Bought a run of the mill laptop there about 3 years ago. Have absolutely battered it in the mean time and it's still in perfect condition.

They have a back to college sale on now too.

Comment

Yeah I have noticed that and am obviously uncool as i want a lappy for playing poker and downloading movies. So uncool
                  Any laptop you get will do that these days if youre just looking for something cheap
                  airport, lol

Comment

Sweet! I bought a laptop from Argos years back and it was the worst laptop and worst customer service returning it I ever got. From what I remember I sent it in to be fixed and 8 weeks later and 4 trips where I was told it would be back next week they admitted they lost it the day I handed it in. Just wanted to avoid that again really. Have never seen laptops in any of my local tescos but will check their site.
                    Some random 3-400 laptop it is, cheers folks.
                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Wouldn't happen with a chromebook
                      X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Sweet! I bought a laptop from Argos years back and it was the worst laptop and worst customer service returning it I ever got. From what I remember I sent it in to be fixed and 8 weeks later and 4 trips where I was told it would be back next week they admitted they lost it the day I handed it in. Just wanted to avoid that again really. Have never seen laptops in any of my local tescos but will check their site.
                        Some random 3-400 laptop it is, cheers folks.
                        Take Hitch's advice, I got a second hand refurb Dell worth €2k new for 300. Amazing machine, 64bit windows 7 professional, 300g hd, 8g ram.

Don't buy new under €500 imo.
                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Take Hitch's advice, I got a second hand refurb Dell worth €2k new for 300. Amazing machine, 64bit windows 7 professional, 300g hd, 8g ram.

Don't buy new under €500 imo.
                          Why, for 500 euro he gets 6gb 500gb hd with a half decent processor. If you want to use it for video editing, music production, gaming etc then of course, otherwise he's just getting all this extra stuff for the sake of it. I'd rather a new machine that covers my needs than a refurbished with all the extras for no reason.
                          airport, lol

Comment

Ads can diagf though.

Comment

Why, for 500 euro he gets 6gb 500gb hd with a half decent processor. If you want to use it for video editing, music production, gaming etc then of course, otherwise he's just getting all this extra stuff for the sake of it. I'd rather a new machine that covers my needs than a refurbished with all the extras for no reason.
                              Better be lookin at it than looking for it wha

Comment

Ads can diagf though.
                                First episode down. This is gonna be great. "You gost to, this America man!"
                                airport, lol

Comment

Ads can diagf though.
                                  Nothing grinds my gears more than watching Sky on Demand programmes showing ads for Sky TV.

It's not possible to have Sky on Demand programmes without having Sky TV afaik, so it's like having milk ads on Milk cartons.

Cunts.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                    Nothing grinds my gears more than watching Sky on Demand programmes showing ads for Sky TV.

It's not possible to have Sky on Demand programmes without having Sky TV afaik, so it's like having milk ads on Milk cartons.

Cunts.
                                    Or ads in the cinema after you've paid like a hundred bucks to get in
                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Cunts.

You've got to admire the balls on Sky though, they used to charge .50c a minute to call their sales line.

'Fuck you customers you cunce, you want me? You pay!'

Comment

First episode down. This is gonna be great. "You gost to, this America man!"
                                        'You think Ronald McDonald came down to the basement to that nigga and gave him a big clown ass cheque?'

Comment

Just put on lots of bets for fantasy footie on betbright, quite a few 25 cents at 250/1 and man.... How do I wish I had my phone on silent!! 18 texts, one for each bet! Classic half 2 wake up the housemates gag!!!

Gutted the max bet is only £1 , tried to put 2.50 on lanzini and 2 on siggy for the extra sweat!! A solid £18 well wasted! .
                                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Comment

Just put on lots of bets for fantasy footie on betbright, quite a few 25 cents at 250/1 and man.... How do I wish I had my phone on silent!! 18 texts, one for each bet! Classic half 2 wake up the housemates gag!!!

Gutted the max bet is only £1 , tried to put 2.50 on lanzini and 2 on siggy for the extra sweat!! A solid £18 well wasted! .
                                              max return is 250, so can have bigger bets on shorter prices.

Comment

max return is 250, so can have bigger bets on shorter prices.
                                                Bit higher id say. Maybe £300 as i got a few £2s on 140 shots.

Sort it out there GAB and push it up to a £1k takeout ye shower of girls

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                  Fancy cunce with yer sky hd.

Jealous.
                                                  Yep same here. Never even seen The Wire.

Just about to launch into Season 5 of The Professionals. 70s TV FTW

Comment

Another saturday another funeral to attend

Third one this month and must be at least ten since the start of the summer. Feel like I could run in the next election at this rate!
                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                      Yep same here. Never even seen The Wire.

Just about to launch into Season 5 of The Professionals. 70s TV FTW
                                                      I don't normally say this but if you bought the wire box set it would be a +EV life decision. It's class.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                        Any tips for ensuring you get selected to sit on jury if you have been summonsed. A week sitting in court while getting paid sounds pretty appealing to me at the moment
                                                        Be careful what you wish for....i ended up on a jury for a case where a guy allegedly sexually assaulted his niece when she was 7......took me months to get over it....

Would have gone straight back to work in a heartbeat.....
                                                        Follow me in twitterland

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                          I don't normally say this but if you bought the wire box set it would be a +EV life decision. It's class.
                                                          I would judge and look down on any person as less intelligent if they have watched the full show and doesn't agree it's the greatest of all time show.
                                                          airport, lol

Comment

I would judge and look down on any person as less intelligent if they have watched the full show and doesn't agree it's the greatest of all time show.
                                                            Tried to watch it 3 times....Furthest I made it was episode 5. That said I rarely ever watch TV and BB was the only series I ever watched to completion.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                              Tried to watch it 3 times....Furthest I made it was episode 5. That said I rarely ever watch TV and BB was the only series I ever watched to completion.
                                                              You get so locked in. You should really give it another try. BB is nothing in comparison
                                                              airport, lol

Comment

When you say all time do you mean in the last 20-30 years or all time?

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                  When you say all time do you mean in the last 20-30 years or all time?
                                                                  I mean all time. There's no way anything better was made years ago.
                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

I mean all time. There's no way anything better was made years ago.
                                                                    I better watch it so

Comment

Comment

Happy birthday dude.
                                                                        airport, lol

Comment

Comment

Happy birthday. Any sign of the baby arriving?

Comment

Happy Birthday Hitch, hope you have a good one. Nice if baby decided to make an appearance today

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                  Cheers! No sign of baby thankfully. Being induced Monday. Was thinking if he was born today, and then I eventually die, his birthday would be both a celebration of his birthday and memory of me dying. So kinda glad that didn't happen.
                                                                                  I love the if there hitch.
                                                                                  That's the spirit

I have a wonderful Saturday planned at the Irish pregnancy and baby fair in the rds.
                                                                                  Im looking forward to being told I need to buy everything or my baby will die.
                                                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Paul O Connells Mam wins competition to go and see Ireland play

What’s the definition of serendipity? Being randomly selected as winner from thousands of entries to a draw for tickets to a crunch World Cup rugby match where your son, Paul O’Connell, is team captain.

Comment

From the new york times
                                                                                      Swiss Open Criminal Proceedings Against FIFA’s Blatter

By SAM BORDEN

ZURICH — Swiss investigators on Friday announced that they had opened criminal proceedings against the embattled FIFA president, Sepp Blatter, on “suspicion of criminal mismanagement and misappropriation.”

The case involves a contract Mr. Blatter is said to have signed that assigned valuable World Cup television rights to the control of an indicted former FIFA official, Jack Warner, according to a news release from the office of the Swiss attorney general. The new charges accuse Mr. Blatter of violating his fiduciary duty to FIFA in his role as president by signing the contract in 2005, which it called “unfavorable to FIFA.”

The contract, obtained by the Swiss broadcaster SRF, which posted excerpts on its website, awarded the Caribbean Football Union rights to the 2010 and 2014 World Cups for a total $600,000. Mr. Warner in turn licensed those rights, which were reportedly sold for roughly 33 times that amount, or $20 million.

The Swiss authorities also said that Mr. Blatter is suspected of making a “disloyal payment” of two million Swiss francs — just over $2 million — to the UEFA president, Michel Platini. Swiss prosecutors interrogated Mr. Blatter after an executive committee meeting in Zurich on Friday, and said they also searched his office and seized data.

Mr. Platini, another member of the executive committee and the leading candidate to replace Mr. Blatter as FIFA president, also was asked to provide information.

The criminal case against Mr. Blatter is another significant development in a series of investigations that burst into public view in May with the arrest of 14 top soccer and marketing officials as they gathered for FIFA’s annual congress. The United States Department of Justice had issued those arrest warrants, which were carried out by the Swiss police at a luxury hotel in the early morning hours of May 27.

Mr. Blatter was not charged in the case at the time, though American and Swiss officials both said he was a target of investigators, but days later he announced his intention to relinquish the FIFA presidency he has held since 1998. He called for a special election to pick his successor; that vote is set for February.

Richard Cullen, a lawyer with McGuireWoods who is representing Mr. Blatter, did not immediately respond to a request for comment on Friday.

The news of the charges against Mr. Blatter came hours after FIFA first delayed and then canceled his scheduled news conference, without explanation. FIFA’s governing executive committee had been meeting in Zurich for two days to discuss routine business but also some proposed ethics reforms.

Earlier Friday, FIFA confirmed the dates of the 2022 World Cup in Qatar, carving out a tight 28-day window for the tournament that ensures it will be over before Christmas. The champion will be crowned on Qatar’s national day, Dec. 18.

The dates for the World Cup — Nov. 21 to Dec. 18 — were set as part of a competition calendar approved by the executive committee.

Qatar had won the right to host in 2010 over several other countries, all of them bidding for a World Cup in its traditional June-July window. But concerns about the searing heat of the Gulf summer, evident even before the vote, led FIFA to move the tournament to the winter. FIFA had announced the date of the final six months ago, as well as the concept of a shorter 28-day event; Friday’s executive committee announcement confirmed that schedule.

The shorter tournament will still disrupt league schedules in much of the world in ways that a summer event did not. Placing a start date of Nov. 21 on the official FIFA calendar means that clubs are obligated to release players to their national teams a week earlier, on Nov. 14.
                                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                        Cheers! No sign of baby thankfully. Being induced Monday. Was thinking if he was born today, and then I eventually die, his birthday would be both a celebration of his birthday and memory of me dying. So kinda glad that didn't happen.
                                                                                        There's a long day there yet!

Have a good birthday.

Comment

...

Comment

Just had my eldest at a modelling shoot to start her portfolio. Amazing to see her change from a baby to the tall 5'10 girl she is now!

I think she looks beautiful, but I know I am her mum and biased

This isn't one of the professional shots, this is me messing with my phone.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                              Just had my eldest at a modelling shoot to start her portfolio. Amazing to see her change from a baby to the tall 5'10 girl she is now!

I think she looks beautiful, but I know I am her mum and biased

This isn't one of the professional shots, this is me messing with my phone.
                                                                                              Stunner. Bit o Penelpe Cruz there

Comment

There's only so much sitting around in a spa that a man can do. I declare the rest of today 'sitting around drinking and watching rugby' day.

GAB, good news - Walnut Block on the wine list.
                                                                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

I can stomach about two hours in a spa before becoming ridiculously bored, and that would be including a massage and a nice sweat in a sauna. Women just can't get enough of the places though.

Comment

Thought seeing Italy as favs in a game would be 'interesting'. Canada full value so far.

Edit:

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                                                      I can stomach about two hours in a spa before becoming ridiculously bored, and that would be including a massage and a nice sweat in a sauna. Women just can't get enough of the places though.
                                                                                                      Not helping that most of the other guests resemble hippopotamuses.

Comment

Men have no business in a spa nor enticing their friends on their durty weekend away with the missus .A bit o scenery, A pool, a bar, and a comfortable chair then some drunken romps , repeat till yer Willie gets sore WHat else is there ? Certainly not GAB

Comment

This could be a decent game. Two good tries.

Comment

This could be a decent game. Two good tries.
                                                                                                            Yep, will still be surprised if Italy don't cover the handicap though.

Comment

Anyone got a decent link for the Arsenal game?

1-0 down already so i might aswel torture myself!

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                                Anyone got a decent link for the Arsenal game?

1-0 down already so i might aswel torture myself!

Comment

Originally posted by darwinatemyhamster View Post
                                                                                                                  Excellent, ty

Just in time to see the equaliser!

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                                    Excellent, ty

Just in time to see the equaliser!
                                                                                                                    Bookmark that page, the streams are usually quality.

Comment

Canada.

Italy

Comment

Canada fully deserve a win here. Italy are beyond shite.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                                          Canada.

Italy
                                                                                                                          If Canada had a decent 10 or a bit more attacking nous this game would be in the bag. Great effort tbf.

Italy are a shambles without Parrisse.

Romania will fancy their chances.
                                                                                                                          ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X