Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scotland did really wel to regroup and defend from that Mafi break, they should have been clear through on the quick recycle.

Ouch! he's fecked now Mafi on a stretcher
    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
      IIRC, the size of the burden totally depends on the demographics of the payscales. I believe the justification at the time was that the amount of tax paid by low earners was a comparatively miniscule amount of money. A massive % tax cut was given to low earners, paid for by a tiny % increase on middle and high earners. I think it was actually done by small shifts in tax bands rather than any changes to rates.

Not sure how much this has changed after the recession. Most of the emigrants were young people of middle class origins so not actually relevant to this. 3% of the money earned by the number of people earning <15k/year is a tiny, tiny amount of money in comparison to the income tax revenue of the state, anyway. I'll FOIR the CSO for some actual data and get back to you on it.

Besides which, we're not having kids. Just cats. We'll be grand. The rest of ye can make megabucks remortgaging your houses so I've no sympathy.
      If you are working part time in a shop and come away with say €200 a week. If you are asked to pay 3% that is €6 and not exactly a back breaker. I am taking €200 as the minimum anyone can earn as otherwise you would be on the dole I imagine and even students doing 2 shifts in a bar are probs hitting this level.

If you are earning €400 per week or €20k a year which is what some people earn than its still only €12 a week. If we went with Raouls mean testing of child benifit than it would be pretty easy to include no tax on earnings into it and pay it out in paycheck for people trying to raise kids on such a small amount of money. Nonesense that people have to pick it up in a post office if that is still the case.

For anyone single earning €20k - €12 a week is acceptable tax. Its 2/3 pints depending on what and where you drink. Buy a few cans and drink them before you come out.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post

@Isnow, you looked for advice here, got some which seemed decent and then went against it, while also giving away the plan for your app (if I'm not mistaken)??? Not the most sensible approach I'd imagine.
        I liked that he was careful to XXXXXX out the planned name of his app while telling us the details.

Ted Striker: My orders came through. My squadron ships out tomorrow. We're bombing the storage depots at Daiquiri at 1800 hours. We're coming in from the north, below their radar.

Elaine Dickinson: When will you be back?

Ted Striker: I can't tell you that. It's classified.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
          No denials from the DUP yet.

Mad stuff. McGuinness busy pushing his fellow First Minister under the bus.
          Another scandal hatching up north?

We need Icky at a time like this....
          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
              Think Richie's idea is a good start.
              That is pretty much exactly what is already happening (pre budget at least).

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                For anyone single earning €20k - €12 a week is acceptable tax. Its 2/3 pints depending on what and where you drink. Buy a few cans and drink them before you come out.
                Have you ever met any actual poor people?

€12/week is nothing to a student living at home. It's massive to a single mother in rented accomodation.
                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

€12/week is nothing to a student living at home. It's massive to a single mother in rented accomodation.
                  As I said they would be exempt from tax as they are raising kids. This would be more a tax on low earning singletons or infertiles.

I would have childbenifit added at source to pay packets and once Child benefit is going in as a credit the revenue system would then not deduct a tax credit.

Having this second system where by workers need to go to the post office to pick up child benefit rather than a direct addition if that is still the case is crazy.

Yes I know some low income earners.

Comment

I demand cat tax breaks, its ridiculous that this is not available to us Andy.

Comment

It's easy to say that but it's really not massive to anyone, including your hypothetical example. For her anyway it would be less than €9 a week so €400 gross, €391 net.

While making a €9 weekly contribution to the state she will almost certainly receive Rent Allowance, Medical Card, Family Income Supplement not to mention all the other benefits provided by the state but funded by taxpayers: Roads, Public Transport, Schools etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                        We aren't charging you for the mice they poach on state land. Consider yourselves lucky imo.

Comment

Originally posted by mcnugget View Post
                          It's easy to say that but it's really not massive to anyone, including your hypothetical example. For her anyway it would be less than €9 a week so €400 gross, €391 net.

While making a €9 weekly contribution to the state she will almost certainly receive Rent Allowance, Medical Card, Family Income Supplement not to mention all the other benefits provided by the state but funded by taxpayers: Roads, Public Transport, Schools etc.
                          Right. So for all the reasons listed above, it is better to just not bother deducting the €9 or whatever it is.
                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

As I said they would be exempt from tax as they are raising kids. This would be more a tax on low earning singletons or infertiles.

I would have childbenifit added at source to pay packets and once Child benefit is going in as a credit the revenue system would then not deduct a tax credit.

Having this second system where by workers need to go to the post office to pick up child benefit rather than a direct addition if that is still the case is crazy.

Yes I know some low income earners.
                            It gets paid into your bank account monthly.
                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

That reminds me but I may be mistaken about some of this but the gist of it was was some young wan on the radio sitting in at protest in a house in Castleknock with Ruth Coppinger () literally crying about having to live in a hotel with her two children while she waits for the state to provide them with proper accommodation. All well and good, but then she announces amidst the tears that she is pregnant and due in Feb. Which leads me to two questions:
                              WTF is she doing on a protest with the mother of all political numbskulls Coppinger while she is pregnant and trying to look after two kids from a hotel room? And secondly WTF is she doing getting pregnant while she is living in a hotel room with two small kids

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                That reminds me but I may be mistaken about some of this but the gist of it was was some young wan on the radio sitting in at protest in a house in Castleknock with Ruth Coppinger () literally crying about having to live in a hotel with her two children while she waits for the state to provide them with proper accommodation. All well and good, but then she announces amidst the tears that she is pregnant and due in Feb. Which leads me to two questions:
                                WTF is she doing on a protest with the mother of all political numbskulls Coppinger while she is pregnant and trying to look after two kids from a hotel room? And secondly WTF is she doing getting pregnant while she is living in a hotel room with two small kids
                                I doubt you were mistaken.

Comment

Denialaments.

... In a statement released this afternoon, Mr Robinson said: “I repeat, I neither received, expected to receive, sought, nor was I offered a single penny as a result of the NAMA sale.

"The allegations made today lack credibility and can have no evidential basis. The scripted performance was little short of pantomime. It is outrageous that such scurrilous and unfounded allegations can be made without providing one iota of evidence."

Comment

I received a cheque today from Royal London insurance that is "in respect of the guaranteed cash bonus due on the above policy".

I have no idea about any of it, and to the best of my knowledge have no policy of any sort with them. Weird.

Comment

scurrilous
                                      What a great word. This should be used more often.

Comment

Got a chromebook, pretty class, spot on for what i need.
                                        airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                          I received a cheque today from Royal London insurance that is "in respect of the guaranteed cash bonus due on the above policy".

I have no idea about any of it, and to the best of my knowledge have no policy of any sort with them. Weird.
                                          Its probably a pension... you're getting old

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post

Caledonian Life became Royal London at the arse end of last year.

You have a policy with them?

Comment

What a great word. This should be used more often.
                                              Its true but only really used in the courts or grand old British sitcoms. Same as 'Incorrigible'.

Comment

This guy Bryson is a 'loyalist blogger'. Sounds like a nut but Wallace appears very certain too.

Although he surely qualifies as a nut too.

Evens shot it's true. Funking for it to be true given Robinson is a Grade A prick.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                  I liked that he was careful to XXXXXX out the planned name of his app while telling us the details.

Ted Striker: My orders came through. My squadron ships out tomorrow. We're bombing the storage depots at Daiquiri at 1800 hours. We're coming in from the north, below their radar.

Elaine Dickinson: When will you be back?

Ted Striker: I can't tell you that. It's classified.
                                                  I don't mind competition, it keeps everyone on their toes.

Comment

That Metropolis festival is the best lineup ive seen for something in Ireland in a long while, brilliant bookings
                                                    airport, lol

Comment

If you are working part time in a shop and come away with say €200 a week. If you are asked to pay 3% that is €6 and not exactly a back breaker. I am taking €200 as the minimum anyone can earn as otherwise you would be on the dole I imagine and even students doing 2 shifts in a bar are probs hitting this level.

If you are earning €400 per week or €20k a year which is what some people earn than its still only €12 a week. If we went with Raouls mean testing of child benifit than it would be pretty easy to include no tax on earnings into it and pay it out in paycheck for people trying to raise kids on such a small amount of money. Nonesense that people have to pick it up in a post office if that is still the case.

What would the tax take be for this initiative?

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                      Try registering the cat, get a birthcert, kitty benefit. I hope I have your grad tax issue in time to come but I doubt it. Apps

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                      Got a chromebook, pretty class, spot on for what i need.
                                                      Owners club, same model as myself and Denny, one or two other too - make yourselves known for the owners club.
                                                      X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by iSnow View Post
                                                        I don't mind competition, it keeps everyone on their toes.
                                                        Whats happening with your bar in London?
                                                        This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                        All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                        The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Nut or not, this guy has balls!

Jamie Bryson ‏@JamieBrysonCPNI 2m2 minutes ago

Option open to P Robinson to initiate court proceedings to disapprove my allegations. Never mind threats to sue. Do it.
                                                          And this:

Posted on 11 Minutes Ago by jamiebrysonadmin

I wish to reiterate that I stand over all allegations made before the DFP committee today.

We have heard unambiguous denials from Peter Robinson before, along with threats to sue. It’s about time he followed through on his threat to sue. If Mr Robinson is so certain my evidence will not stand up to scrutiny then there is a clear path through the courts for Mr Robinson to initiate legal proceedings and prove my allegations as false.

I attach no weight to the predictable denials by Mr Robinson and furthermore I fully expect an onslaught to discredit me and my evidence. I am confident that when all the smoke has cleared, whenever that may be, that I will be the one who has told the truth.
                                                          Jamie Bryson

Comment

Rob, what is stopping that developer stealing your idea and going ahead and developing that app without your involvement?

Is there some sort of legally binding document parties can sign in these scenarios?
                                                            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Comment

Comment

At the Olympic stadium for France Romania, lovely stadium, but shit for rugby as really low and sprawled out.

Anyway

Allez les bleus, hope it's an entertaining game.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                    Rob, what is stopping that developer stealing your idea and going ahead and developing that app without your involvement?

Is there some sort of legally binding document parties can sign in these scenarios?

Ssssh keep him chatting a wee bit longer I'm nearly finished.

(can't you copywrite an Idea ?)

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                      Its not really the point. You don't get free food if you're on the minimum wage, why should you get free 'everything provided by a government'.

If there's not enough money available in the pay packet to pay this, then the minimum wage needs to be raised.

Minimum wage should be minimum of 10 EUR, with very quick rise towards 12 EUR in short-term imo.

But everyone should pay something as a societal contribution / social fairness contract.
                                                                      I don't disagree. A nominal amount seems a good idea. Genuinely curious as to what it also would raise.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                        Ssssh keep him chatting a wee bit longer I'm nearly finished.

(can't you copywrite an Idea ?)
                                                                        I don't think so. All they would need to do is tweak it a little anyway. Prob all they'd need to do if there was an agreement I suppose.
                                                                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

It wouldn't be a great strat for their rep.

Comment

Comment

pool stream
                                                                              SPOILER
                                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                At the Olympic stadium for France Romania, lovely stadium, but shit for rugby as really low and sprawled out.

Anyway

avez-vous endormezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ?

Comment

The Night Alive in the Gaiety is reasonably inoffensive. Elmo from Love\Hate plays himself.

Feel safe recommending this one to CC.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                    10 years today, I was putting on a rented suit and getting ready to rumble. Scary stuff.
                                                                                    16 years ago today I was knocking back free beers and jack & cokes before heading into a Las Vegas chapel for my life sentence. Didn't bother with the rented suit though.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                      Sounds like it... but that is the VW take on it.

Denny, when you say they have that much in cash is that the 18 Bilion or are they another of these weird corporate entities that keep turning up who are worth no more than the cash they have?
                                                                                      Yeah, the tests are different and the emissions for diesels in the US is more strict, as crazy as that sounds with the gaz guzzlers they drive over there.

It feels like a hatchet job against VW, this issue was reported 18 months ago and the media didn't bat an eyelid. The guy who discovered it and wrote a report about it thinks it's an easy fix and doesn't see what the fuss is about. Now the EPA goes all apeshit and causing a frenzy in the media about it. The timing is not clear to me but I assume there is a political reason behind it.
                                                                                      It's a pain in the hole for me because a lot of my customers are panicking about delays etc. There is a stop sale on the models affected but hopefully it's sorted out quickly so my customers don't suffer.

I do feel that VW are not the only manufacturer doing it though, the EPA tests are horribly outdated and flawed so I am sure most manufacturers if not all that sell diesel vehicles in the US have some system to help it pass EPA testing.
                                                                                      SPOILER

Volkswagen AG has issued the following information:

Volkswagen is working at full speed to clarify irregularities concerning a particular software used in diesel engines. New vehicles from the Volkswagen Group with EU 6 diesel engines currently available in the European Union comply with legal requirements and environmental standards. The software in question does not affect handling, consumption or emissions. This gives clarity to customers and dealers.
                                                                                      Further internal investigations conducted to date have established that the relevant engine management software is also installed in other Volkswagen Group vehicles with diesel engines. For the majority of these engines the software does not have any effect.

Discrepancies relate to vehicles with Type EA 189 engines, involving some eleven million vehicles worldwide. A noticeable deviation between bench test results and actual road use was established solely for this type of engine. Volkswagen is working intensely to eliminate these deviations through technical measures. The company is therefore in contact with the relevant authorities and the German Federal Motor Transport Authority (KBA – Kraftfahrtbundesamt).

To cover the necessary service measures and other efforts to win back the trust of our customers, Volkswagen plans to set aside a provision of some 6.5 billion EUR recognized in the profit and loss statement in the third quarter of the current fiscal year. Due to the ongoing investigations the amounts estimated may be subject to revaluation.
                                                                                      Earnings targets for the Group for 2015 will be adjusted accordingly.

Volkswagen does not tolerate any kind of violation of laws whatsoever. It is and remains the top priority of the Board of Management to win back lost trust and to avert damage to our customers. The Group will inform the public on the further progress of the investigations constantly and transparently.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                                        Whats happening with your bar in London?
                                                                                        Well if you really wanna know I was refused a Personal Licence as I have a criminal record.
                                                                                        My missus is gonna apply and do the personal licence course in November. Gameplan is still on. Working name is The Lord Acton. Looking like Greenwich or Harrow. Kips of places but gonna open early and close late so should make a few quid and live in London rent free.

Comment

Lol.at these penalties.

Comment

WTF happened in the Toulouse Marseille game? Player subbed on at 77 minutes and instantly sent off.

Situation, any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

I dont mind if he does as the success of this app will be determined by the revenue generated. He's not gonna bother cold calling every gambling event organiser in the Ireland and the UK to sign up. I have a large DB of event organisers and interest from the IGB and HRI. If he steals it I'll just get another sham to develop another.

Just to finish on this point.
                                                                                              I was previously involved in a partnership whereby I did all the work and split the profits 50/50 with the business owner. After a while I started to resent the partnership and went out on my own. It worked well for a while until I got lazy and sloppy and fucked the whole thing up.

I think if I put in the effort now to create something on my own I'll fare out financially better in the long run.
                                                                                              Eg. If I turnover 50K in year 1 and have to hand over 20K its a lot more than initially handing over 2-5K and keeping all the loots.

Sometimes the hard way is the most profitable but most people are too short sighted to realise this fact.

I appreciate all the advice and have weighed it all up. Time to GamBool!!

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                WTF happened in the Toulouse Marseille game? Player subbed on at 77 minutes and instantly sent off.

Situation, any ideas?
                                                                                                Just a professional foul according to this report.

Comment

Yo DP or anybody looking to get the OnePlus Two I've messed around with it a bit since purchasing, this is a cross post from the other place.

Originally posted by tylerdurden94
                                                                                                  As I posted earlier I've unlocked the bootloader & rooted the phone, went ahead an encrypted it but now looked into installing Xposed and it doesn't seem to work with Android encryption as it won't accept the password (I've a pin lock) when booting up so can't make any changes with TWRP, time to factory reset and start over again.
                                                                                                  So finally got around to messing with this today, some of the Xposed features have been working while others just don't run. These are the ones I've installed & kept so far today one that is just cut off from the screenshot is YouTube AdAway. One of the main things I wanted to be able to tweak was the carrier name that appears on the lock screen but everything I've tried so far just doesn't work, been mostly messing around with Gravitybox trying to tweak a few settings here & there like the clock is moved into the middle of the screen while you can change battery icons with a mixture of text/numbers I wasn't really digging them, one thing I've found super nifty is ChromePie and will take some time getting use to it but should come in very handy, with Xposed Gel Settings you can make a number of tweaks to the look & feel of the launcher but for me I've just removed the Google search bar. I'll link a couple YouTube videos for other small bits & bobs just for a quick look at what they are.

Check out my channel for the latest reviews and news on all the latest technology!YouTube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/oodeSubscribe to see more awesome ...

Check out my channel for the latest reviews and news on all the latest technology!YouTube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/oodeSubscribe to see more awesome ...

How to enable screen Off/On animation Xposed module on Android Lollipop 5.1.Note:SDK22 is for devices running Android 5.1 and SDK 21 is for devices running A...

This Module is fun to have!Reduces the pain to actually go into the app or scroll down the notification bar every time to check the Download progress !Dont h...
                                                                                                  "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Anyway

Well, that wasn't great

Sluggish, slow and Romania must have gotten at least 11-12 turnovers.

We really love playing at the level of the opposition!

Still a very long road ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                      Just a professional foul according to this report.
                                                                                                      Yeah I saw that. Been trying to think what he could have done to get an instant red though?

Comment

Well if you really wanna know I was refused a Personal Licence as I have a criminal record.
                                                                                                        My missus is gonna apply and do the personal licence course in November. Gameplan is still on. Working name is The Lord Acton. Looking like Greenwich or Harrow. Kips of places but gonna open early and close late so should make a few quid and live in London rent free.
                                                                                                        Any jenga?

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                                                                                          Any jenga?
                                                                                                          Certainly not.

Comment

What sort of crisps?

Comment

Well, that wasn't great

Sluggish, slow and Romania must have gotten at least 11-12 turnovers.

We really love playing at the level of the opposition!

Still a very long road ahead.
                                                                                                              I missed the 2nd half but was 8-1 end of the first half!!! Was pretty shocking to see
                                                                                                              Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                                                                                                What sort of crisps?
                                                                                                                Prob Kettle Chips.
                                                                                                                Don't know if we'll be tied into any particular brands.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                                  Another scandal hatching up north?

We need Icky at a time like this....
                                                                                                                  Fowl play is not suspected.
                                                                                                                  Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Prob Kettle Chips.
                                                                                                                    Don't know if we'll be tied into any particular brands.
                                                                                                                    King pub crisps cheese and onion. Probably the saltiest crisps known to man. Makes you drink more.
                                                                                                                    His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                                                                                      King pub crisps cheese and onion. Probably the saltiest crisps known to man. Makes you drink more.
                                                                                                                      Almost sure I'm tied into some crap brand but might sell Tayto under the counter.

Comment

Almost sure I'm tied into some crap brand but might sell Tayto under the counter.
                                                                                                                        When you get the keys, give me a shout (so you won't look like a noob to the staff) if you need a crash course in how to set up/look after ales

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                                                          Prezi.

Edit: if you're just looking for web storage is this not just Dropbox?
                                                                                                                          Won't dropbox require user to have DB accounts?

@Hitch, if you need to host it, and give access control access to it. Hightail is a good option.
                                                                                                                          You host it, can be password protected, and you email the access link to people. They don't need to sign up afaik.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X