X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
    Subeditors!
    SubGoFuckYourself!

You should never ruin a good story with the truth.

Comment

10 years today, I was putting on a rented suit and getting ready to rumble. Scary stuff.
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
        10 years today, I was putting on a rented suit and getting ready to rumble. Scary stuff.
        Suspended sentence?

Comment

Originally posted by iSnow View Post
          Gonna go with this option. If I fall on my ass I'l take the % option.
          Have a ridic amount of Indian applicants.
          FML, F it to hell. 2 hours 40 mins in and I've had it with the language barrier.

Hint: If anyone ever hires Indian developers ask them to explain back to you their understanding of the project...

One Cunce made me nearly cry when he explained to me that it was a dating app..

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

This is a terrible idea.
              You may as well give one of us €5k to product a pile of shit for you
              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

FML, F it to hell. 2 hours 40 mins in and I've had it with the language barrier.

Hint: If anyone ever hires Indian developers ask them to explain back to you their understanding of the project...

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Its sadly from experience of submitting what I thought was a brilliant article to a newspaper, and then having it appear after the subeditors do their stuff, and realising my natural style of writing is seemingly that of a struggling two year old. Rather dispiriting!
                  How do you explain it friends/family?

Did you really write that? Really?

Well... they are my words

Comment

Not a peep out of babby. Nine months are up dude! Now for that awkward telephone conversation with the hospital where we both try to work out what the other person is saying about how long more to wait. Its normally about a week or so over time that they allow before inducing?
                    It is normally 10 days over they go. I hope you have tried all the normal methods of evicting baby?

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                      I have developed apps commercially, their offer of a percentage is a great one given the volatile nature of what you are doing. Most people balk at the cost of apps as they don't realise the expense, cheapest one I have made was for 80k.
                      Everybody thinks their idea is the best thing ever also. Whether it will work or not is luck along with effort. I would not offer a percentage deal as a developer, equity in apps is mostly a laugh.

Believe me handling anything via a lad in India is a nightmare however it does seem your app is simple to do, but you want it to look ace. I would take that 40%, the reason they are probably offering it is because your app is easier than most but that doesn't mean it doesn't aid both of you.

Ideas are for the most part worthless in this sense, there is nothing stopping anybody whipping up what you want after hearing it, what you need is a good app and traction.
                      Percentage is best or at least try some other companies first and see what they say for cost, your app does not sound complex.

Well this went how it usually goes, but everybody goes for that option before they come crying to us with all their money.

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                      Thats a number that would come close to busting them.
                      near enough 40% of their value and thats before the EU act

If the international NCT type people were to adjust their tests and fail the cars they would be faced with the mother of all product recalls.
                      I bel;eive the tests they lied on were for nox gas and not applicable for the EU as we focus on carbon only? Anybody know? They'd get off here if that was the case?

Quick Google suggests an average cat weighs 3.6 - 4.5kg. Your kind fcked if you've got a cat who's even a bit chubby.
                      My cat is over 5kg and is female, she bullies the copious amounts of dogs that go by (not to mention quickly submitting tom cats twice her size), I'm actually kinda proud. Today she intimidated a dog like usual as I was going to work, leapt up on top of a cars roof after and roared like the trex at the end of jurassic park. You can see how she looks down on them as idiots in her face, pure scorn.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                        Still reckon Rubio is the Republicans best candidate although I didn't know much about Fiorina and she looks like a serious candidate.
                        She might just be a flash in the pan, but right now it looks like a Rubio/Fiorina ticket. At least if Republicans have any intention of winning the presidency, this is what they should put forward.

They will get crushed of course. But at least they will have put their best foot forward.
                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

You are being ridiculous... you have an idea for an app that has a tiny chance of getting enough users to make money (but who knows, no one ever went broke underestimating the stupidity of the general public).
                          You also have an offer from someone who actually can deliver an app and will do it on a profit share and yet you are negotiating to spend €500 with people who can't speak english let alone objective c

I'll give you a better deal - I'd be well able to develop that app for you but unlike the Indian guys who will turn in a half arsed click ten buttons from a template job that will waste your time trying to figure out WTF is going on and HTF you can make money out of it, what I will do if you send me €400 is promise to deliver a working app and then disappear with the money.
                          Thats right for a saving of €100 You will be allowed call me once a week for three months and berate me for my tardiness and threaten to sue me for my failure to deliver. It will be like a little anger management therapy session that will benefit you greatly while also relieving you of the pain effort and stress of dealing with chancers pretending to be capable contractors and ultimately the pain of failure.

TL;DR
                          No one capable is going to deliver what you want for a monkey. Take the 40% offer or open a sandwich bar with the money.
                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

I bel;eive the tests they lied on were for nox gas and not applicable for the EU as we focus on carbon only? Anybody know? They'd get off here if that was the case?
                            Sounds like it... but that is the VW take on it.

Denny, when you say they have that much in cash is that the 18 Bilion or are they another of these weird corporate entities that keep turning up who are worth no more than the cash they have?

Comment

How did nobody come up with the idea of using Jobsbridge to get a developer?

wi r tiks

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                They will get crushed of course. But at least they will have put their best foot forward.
                                This election will be close either way

Comment

Its sadly from experience of submitting what I thought was a brilliant article to a newspaper, and then having it appear after the subeditors do their stuff, and realising my natural style of writing is seemingly that of a struggling two year old. Rather dispiriting!
                                  Let the subeditor do his job. At least Darcy is generating some great content!!
                                  ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                    Some of the characters are really annoying. It's an odd one though as we obviously know far more about things than the characters which gives a bit of frustration at times. I'm not totally sold, but I'm going to keep watching though.
                                    Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                    Started watching this weekend.

I'm enjoying it, it has a much bigger scope than TWD. The beginning of TWD just showed Rick (and that awesome scene with the kid) and how he came across it post Apocalypse and I like the scope of this show that gives us the story from the very beginning.

SPOILER
                                    The scene is Ep3 with the hospital was very well shot

Agree about the frustration thought and how annoying some of the naivety is, given how much more we know.
                                    I'm liking it so far even if it's a little too slow paced at times but obviously that's coming from the side of we know what has been going on, big fan of Kim Dickens who plays the main chick and would like to see how she evolves get on with the show.

Coming from the TWD it was pretty much zombies from the get go so having this change of pace & storytelling should be hopefully a nice switch, been reading a few articles after each new episode & thought this one was pretty good HERE.

A rabid backer with moniez, now incinerated.

Switching financial allegiance to Rubio now.

Walker was odd, never really gave himself any chance.
                                    Fired Scott Walker staffer takes a victory lap on Twitter
                                    "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                      You forgot to mention that this also gives you somebody else to blame for your failure. Buy cheap, buy ten times.
                                      FYP

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                        Anyone here do Agile stand-up meetings?

New manager hosted our first one on Monday. The team are cool with it except for some reason nobody wanted to stand-up. New manager not impressed.
                                        Make a dedicated area to have them in. Standing up makes people want to get it over with quicker and as a result no one waffles on.
                                        Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by brianmc View Post
                                          FYP
                                          Actually gets to blame you a little bit for giving him the idea too.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                            Suspended sentence?
                                            Life imprisonment. No parole.

Comment

Tax Net gets smaller.....

Almost one-in-three earners will end up paying no income tax or Universal Social Charge after the Budget. But higher income earners will still be hit with some of the highest taxes in Europe.

Comment

TL;DR
                                                No one capable is going to deliver what you want for a monkey. Take the 40% offer or open a sandwich bar with the money.
                                                I see what's happening here. You and CHD have finally synced menstrual cycles.
                                                It's a monkey per app and I'll prob go with 4 options and pick the best features.
                                                A €2k punt for all the loots with the safety net of the 40% if it all goes tits up is a dice I'm willing to roll. The rest of your post is just ranty nonsense and you know it. I had thought better of you.

Comment

Never heard of him before but Farron from the Lib Dems is putting on an impressive show.

Comment

I see the Web summit has been lost by Dublin,off to Lisbon next year. I know it's prob a bad thing for Dublin but I'll be glad not to be swamped by a load of fawning nonsense in the media when it's on, buzzwords and TED talk style nonsense from people with mics that look like cancerous growths on their cheek.

Comment

She's still got the establishment lock but Sanders' early momentum seems to have generated enough interest that the Dems might be insane enough to nominate him.

Still reckon Rubio is the Republicans best candidate although I didn't know much about Fiorina and she looks like a serious candidate.
                                                      Fiorina's disasterous rule over HP hasn't really been touched on yet by the press.
                                                      Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                            Actually gets to blame you a little bit for giving him the idea too.
                                                            If you interpret my post correctly it can be summarised as...

Hire 10 of them and you might get lucky to get one decent app.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                              You lived in Switzerland for a bit ? Any advice on things to do in Zurich ?
                                                              Fairly sterile haunt. There is a decent spot, big mulit-coloured windowed house with brassers in it, who flaunt there wares for the baying mob. Defo worth a few cans. Thats near a pub called Grabli, only pub in Zurich which is open 24 hours. Rough and lots of teh gays but decent banter. Langstrasse is a mad street of utter fucking debauchery, which somehow snuck into Zurich, 25 swf whores where the next bar is charging 30 for a Hendricks with cucumber. The cunts. Decadent.

I like a few bars, one is called El Lokale, great spot. Weather probably too cold but Letten River is nice, you can jump in and current flies you down the river with bars on either side of you.

My favorite place in Switzerland is a place called Arosa, fairly sleepy but wonderful train ride up to it, good ski and nice atmosphere.

Comment

Its a crazy system that the people who are likely to need social welfare protection the most, pay nothing towards it. The pan-European idea of everyone paying a USC style flat tax contribution makes the most sense. What are they up to moving away from that system?
                                                                The reason USC is so vilified among a certain group is that is has given them their first taste of actually paying any tax.

I don't think it unreasonable for someone earning 20k to pay 3% of their income in taxes but that's just me.

Comment

Comment

Its a crazy system that the people who are likely to need social welfare protection the most, pay nothing towards it. The pan-European idea of everyone paying a USC style flat tax contribution makes the most sense. What are they up to moving away from that system?
                                                                    Just because everyone else does it different doesn't mean our way is wrong. If anything it's the kind of thing that other governments should be looking at as a possible reason our economy was and is performing so much better than everyone else's.

The idea that low earners should pay no tax was championed by the PDs IIRC. It's a very good system IMO. Has three primary effects:

-Working poor get to keep all their money, reducing the need for specific subsidies that encourage gaming the system. Rather than hand money back to them for jumping through certain hoops (*cough* having kids *cough*), we just don't take it from them in the first place.
                                                                    -Disincentivises dole scrounging.
                                                                    -Encourages part-time employment (we have the highest part-time employent rate in Europe IIRC)

It means the minimum wage can remain low without increasing poverty, so it's good for business. But also discourages abusing the welfare state, so it's good for everyone.

That it gets up the nose of middle-class Indo readers is just the icing on the cake.
                                                                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Comment

I always said Balotelli just needed a good kick up the arse:

Comment

Comment

I actually meant my post the other way. Dublin could go on and have a really memorable run with this team but the problem is going to be finding that next level where back to back is possible. The last team to do it was a sensational Kerry team and they changed managers to do it. The last team to do it with the same manager was 25 years ago. This is a hard competition to win and a harder one to win twice. Dublin have shown themselves to be prone to having a lapse in focus after winning an AI. Kerry reaching back to back finals was a serious achievement - Fitzmaurice is not getting enough credit for that.

I think Dublin, Mayo and Kerry will be hacking away at each other for the next 5 years minimum. In any given year any of them could win it realistically.
                                                                            I know, only winding you lot up. ye are well capable of 2 in a row, any other talk (and there are some twats mentioning the 5) is just pie in the sky.

@Isnow, you looked for advice here, got some which seemed decent and then went against it, while also giving away the plan for your app (if I'm not mistaken)??? Not the most sensible approach I'd imagine.

Comment

NI NAMA names being named.

If this Bryson guy can stack up his allegations, the Executive falls for sure. I did think the unionists were going overboard on the recent IRA murders in Belfast - this could very well exain why.

Comment

Hard to not feel milked for making over the AIW.

Comment

Should have three bands imo

The 20% to 40% at ~33k is just bananas.

20% to 33k
                                                                                  33% to 80k
                                                                                  42% over

Just a guess but would be much fairer.2

Comment

Sounds like it... but that is the VW take on it.

Denny, when you say they have that much in cash is that the 18 Bilion or are they another of these weird corporate entities that keep turning up who are worth no more than the cash they have?
                                                                                    €27bn cash
                                                                                    €19bn net cash

Current market cap €56bn

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                                      Fiorina's disasterous rule over HP hasn't really been touched on yet by the press.
                                                                                      Or Trump's multiple bankruptcies.

Gloves will come off in a few weeks. Swift Boat Vets.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

hmm - keeping the almost same amount of cash in the firm as they'll end up owing in a lawsuit. Makes you wonder what fckup apple is keeping $200bn of cash for. I'm guessing iCancer - the secret ingredient in every shiny apple surface.
                                                                                            Just keeping it from Uncle Sam.

Comment

...

Comment

Never see anybody talking about vat much, it's ridiculous here. At least poor people choose what taxes them.

That's pretty crap about the web summit, dublin is enough of a hole as it is without losing things like that.

Should have three bands imo

The 20% to 40% at ~33k is just bananas.

20% to 33k
                                                                                                33% to 80k
                                                                                                42% over

Just a guess but would be much fairer.2
                                                                                                The idea that as a grad I was paying into the highest tax band is fairly ridiculous imo, at least some sort of stepping system like the above would be better.

Comment

Never see anybody talking about vat much, it's ridiculous here. At least poor people choose what taxes them.

That's pretty crap about the web summit, dublin is enough of a hole as it is without losing things like that.

The idea that as a grad I was paying into the highest tax band is fairly ridiculous imo, at least some sort of stepping system like the above would be better.
                                                                                                  You were being paid too much as a grad is the real problem here
                                                                                                  Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

NI NAMA names being named.

If this Bryson guy can stack up his allegations, the Executive falls for sure. I did think the unionists were going overboard on the recent IRA murders in Belfast - this could very well exain why.
                                                                                                    Gulp. He's clearly confident.

I repeat- without privilege- Mr Peter Robinson was one of those set to benefit from a slice of the "success fee".
                                                                                                    Iris and Peter. Some pair.

Comment

What would be the best way to record a video through webcam (powerpoint slides, plus discussion of those slides), about three hours in length, and have it stored (ideally password protected) on a website? Is there some modern alternative to CamStudio + some sort of online storage, I'm not aware of?
                                                                                                      Prezi.

Edit: if you're just looking for web storage is this not just Dropbox?
                                                                                                      ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

I had a South African lad busting my balls last week with his 'Whats wrong with this country is that 7% of the people pay all the income tax and get nothing from the state in return'

Well then I ask at what earnings level does income tax kick in?
                                                                                                        $8000 PA
                                                                                                        OK then so lets turn that on its head, is the problem not that there is something terribly wrong in a society where there are 20 million people in work full time but only 7% of them earn more than 8K per year?

Comment

Isnow I like the cut of your jib you edgy madman . Stay strong

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                                                            I've seen loads of lines like does 18 Billion flushed down the Compaq toilet out trump 4 bankruptcies etc. ad nauseam

The Trump thing is gas though, I mean Cameron could be getting a blow job from a piglet live on the 6 o'clock news and it wouldn't be close to being as shocking as waking up every day and finding that Trump is still a semi serious candidate

The Onion nailed it with
                                                                                                            Admit It: You People Want To See How Far This Goes, Don’t You?
                                                                                                            And might I remind you that the longer this goes on, the closer I get to selecting a running mate. That realization kind of delighted you in a way, didn’t it? You absolutely want to know who I’d pick. A defeated GOP challenger who hates my guts? Another lunatic billionaire? Maybe my own son, Donald Trump Jr.? Whatever your wildest expectation is, I promise you I will surpass it. You’re not going to pass up an opportunity to see that, are you?

I can tell you’re practically salivating right now. And I’m going to keep riding this fascination, this little fixation you have with me as far as you’ll take me. You know I will.

Comment

...

Comment

Got stung by a wasp. Last time I lend money to an insect.

So whats the drill here ? Hand is jus a little red

Comment

How did nobody come up with the idea of using Jobsbridge to get a developer?

wi r tiks
                                                                                                                  There were no suitable candidates in the database.

Comment

You are being ridiculous... you have an idea for an app that has a tiny chance of getting enough users to make money (but who knows, no one ever went broke underestimating the stupidity of the general public).
                                                                                                                    You also have an offer from someone who actually can deliver an app and will do it on a profit share and yet you are negotiating to spend €500 with people who can't speak english let alone objective c

I'll give you a better deal - I'd be well able to develop that app for you but unlike the Indian guys who will turn in a half arsed click ten buttons from a template job that will waste your time trying to figure out WTF is going on and HTF you can make money out of it, what I will do if you send me €400 is promise to deliver a working app and then disappear with the money.
                                                                                                                    Thats right for a saving of €100 You will be allowed call me once a week for three months and berate me for my tardiness and threaten to sue me for my failure to deliver. It will be like a little anger management therapy session that will benefit you greatly while also relieving you of the pain effort and stress of dealing with chancers pretending to be capable contractors and ultimately the pain of failure.

TL;DR

lowball there Strewly, he was doing ten batches of €500

Comment

Am going to refer you to this post when you're trying to raise two kids in Dublin and wondering why you have no money. Your rationale here sounds great; but the burden placed on ordinary-successful workers is too much as a result of the decision to exclude so many people from the tax system.
                                                                                                                      IIRC, the size of the burden totally depends on the demographics of the payscales. I believe the justification at the time was that the amount of tax paid by low earners was a comparatively miniscule amount of money. A massive % tax cut was given to low earners, paid for by a tiny % increase on middle and high earners. I think it was actually done by small shifts in tax bands rather than any changes to rates.

Not sure how much this has changed after the recession. Most of the emigrants were young people of middle class origins so not actually relevant to this. 3% of the money earned by the number of people earning <15k/year is a tiny, tiny amount of money in comparison to the income tax revenue of the state, anyway. I'll FOIR the CSO for some actual data and get back to you on it.

Besides which, we're not having kids. Just cats. We'll be grand. The rest of ye can make megabucks remortgaging your houses so I've no sympathy.

Comment

No denials from the DUP yet.

Mad stuff. McGuinness busy pushing his fellow First Minister under the bus.

Comment

Doing up a contract for a research assistant here. Was told to add 50% to whatever hourly rate the person gets to account for employer employment taxes.
                                                                                                                          I have noticed a slight mark up in offered daily rates from my weekly calls/emails from agencies in the last week or so.....
                                                                                                                          I just assumed adding a picture to linkedin was that effective

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X