This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
    Kerry lads here need to lose this 'better team won, well played lads, jolly good game' attitude and get some niggle into their chizzle.
    We do that in private, in public its a different story

someone just me a video of me singing Dublin in the Rare Auld Times in the local last night. Yikes

Comment

I am adjacent to three old dears chewing the fat in the pub.

They've segayed throughd IT/tech, the economy/David McWilliams, RTE presenters, inner ear problems and alternative medicine within the last 3 minutes.

My favourite bit was when the main talker referred to 'Plank Kenny' without a hint of irony, like it is just his given name at this point.
      X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Philly mcmahon shouldn't be considered for an all star

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVP7x0I5AUQ

That's a concession in everyone's book surely? Ridiculous angle shoot imo.
          She has issued an apology now apparently, rightly so as well.

SPOILER
          I've never felt more gutted and truly sad about what went down Sunday on the 17th at the Solheim Cup.
          I am so sorry for not thinking about the bigger picture in the heat of the battle and competition. I was trying my hardest for my team and put the single match and the point that could be earned ahead of sportsmanship and the game of golf itself! I feel like I let my team down and I am sorry.

To the U.S. team, you guys have a great leader in Juli , who I've always looked up to and respect so much. Knowing I need to make things "right," I had a face to face chat with her before leaving Germany this morning to tell her in person how I really feel about all of this. I wanted her also to know that I am sorry.
          I hope in time the U.S. team will forgive me and know that I have learned a valuable lesson about what is truly important in this great game of golf which has given me so much in my life.
          To the fans of golf who watched the competition on TV, I am sorry for the way I carried myself. I can be so much better and being an ambassador for this great game means a lot to me.

The Solheim Cup has been a huge part of my career. I wish I could change Sunday for many reasons. Unfortunately I can't.
          This week I want to push forward toward another opportunity to earn the Solheim Cup back for Europe in the right way. And I want to work hard to earn back your belief in me as someone who plays hard, plays fair and plays the great game of golf the right way.

Comment

It's the least Dublin could do to win it given the size of their population, the fact that they are rolling in dough, they are effectively a professional team playing actual amateurs most of the time and the absolute joke of them getting to play all of their championship games at home.

Comment

Lots of potential upside for walker Raoul.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                OK so I thought Booker had turned into a shit writer by taking things stupidly far down the pig sex route.

LMAO Stranger than fiction.

What is giving the story credibility now?

Edit:
                Ah its only Ashcroft no one will care his bile is about as credible as CHD's 4AM outpourings

pics or gtfo
                Incredibly credible.

Comment

Originally posted by NoRiverRequired View Post
                  She has issued an apology now apparently, rightly so as well.
                  Thats a proper apology, fair play.

Some contrast to Dublins Number two scumbag, McMahon, on the radio this morning who admitted to gouging but that was ok its just a pity it was caught ion camera and what goes on on the pitch stays on the pitch.
                  Thats unless you are the number one scumbag appealing to the supreme court
                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                    It's the least Dublin could do to win it given the size of their population, the fact that they are rolling in dough, they are effectively a professional team playing actual amateurs most of the time and the absolute joke of them getting to play all of their championship games at home.
                    How big of a difference is there in terms of participatory numbers? Imagine Kerry is still a lot smaller but presume they're less varied in terms of what other sports people are playing.

(asking because I don't know anything about GAA rather as a preamble for anything else)

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Some contrast to Dublins Number two scumbag, McMahon, on the radio this morning who admitted to gouging but that was ok its just a pity it was caught ion camera and what goes on on the pitch stays on the pitch.
                        Golf scumbags.

Comment

I hope Diarmud Connolly stands for Sinn Fein in the election just for Strewelols.

Comment

This must be the end of the line for Paul Carberry, mustn't it ...
                            Before

After

Comment

Lol, tired & emotional KP (on video) at 9.30am this morning celebrating with Sam....

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                I hope Diarmud Connolly stands for Sinn Fein in the election just for Strewelols.
                                Would be a natural for them TBF... bull thick inarticulate thug and plenty of gobshites would vote for him too.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                  Lol, tired & emotional KP (on video) at 9.30am this morning celebrating with Sam....

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gael...-31544760.html

Remarkably sober

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                      Went out for a run yesterday. Lovely trail on a dirt track along a canal. Only previous experience with running was the 9:59pm decision to get another bottle of wine from the offie. Is 3.5km okay as a starting length? Can feel the pain today, but also kinda uplifted too. What do people use to carry their wallent / water / phone / keys? I guess there's some sort of contraption.
                                      Why do you need your wallet and phone while running? I don't bring water with me. I leave it in the car for when I'm finished. I try to start and finish at my house as much as possible though so I don't have to carry my keys. I bought a big key ring and put my middle finger through it and hold my keys in my fist when I have to. My running partner got her house key cut and tucks it into her sock while she runs.

Otherwise just buy a running jacket with the small pocket at the back. They annoy me so I don't use them. You'll find a way that works for you. Leave the wallet and phone at home though.

Comment

Went out for a run yesterday. Lovely trail on a dirt track along a canal. Only previous experience with running was the 9:59pm decision to get another bottle of wine from the offie. Is 3.5km okay as a starting length? Can feel the pain today, but also kinda uplifted too. What do people use to carry their wallent / water / phone / keys? I guess there's some sort of contraption.
                                        I use a little belt with a pouch to carry keys and phone. If you've had enough water beforehand you shouldn't need any on the run, except maybe a small drop if your mouth gets too dry.

3.5K is a lot. pronbably too much, to do from a standing start.
                                        Couch to 5K is a great program, very easy to follow and will get you there injury free.

I'm heading to the physio today as I think I have done a proper injury to my ITB.
                                        I'm terrified he is going to say no running or cycling for at least a few weeks, truly an awful prospect at this stage!

Comment

Comment

I got an armband type phone holder and just stick my keys into it when I run. 3.5k when going from the coach might take 20mins-30mins but that will fall down pretty quickly so no need for water.

In fact when you start back into jogging I would say the extra weight will be an issue well before you are parched. Either way stopping for a drink would be a mistake as once you stop once the rest of your run will be stop start. You just need to keep plodding along

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gael...-31544760.html
                                                What a legend. Ain't no party like a KP party.
                                                ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Has Finkle been out of action here for a while? He recently become a father?

Comment

Meant to say it the other day but anyone that way inclined should listen to the Bill Burr podcast from Thursday

Bastard had two ridiculously cool things happen to him during the week and he is on such a high from what happened he absolutely rips into his sponsors for funzises while his wife begs him to shut the fuck up

funny out!

Comment

Do you think Kildare lads would be scumbags if they got close enough to someone to tackle them?
                                                      You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                      World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Where can you get that MDMA t-shirt?
                                                        Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

All good points, thanks. Phone just as the wife is about to give birth any hour now; so probably not a long-term need after that. Wallet because i wanted to go for a beer afterwards. Maybe I'll have a look at the running jackets, especially as the rainy season is starting to begin. Cheers.
                                                          I should've known tbf.

If you're able to sit down and have a beer afterwards without showering first then you're not working hard enough. There should be sweat dripping off you unless you're just going through the motions.

Comment

Human thesaurus that is the BBV

I need a word, somewhere between checking on, coordinate and interacting with regard to dealing with large groups/parties

A CV word

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post

I need a word, somewhere between checking on, coordinate and interacting with regard to dealing with large groups/parties

A CV word
                                                              overseeing

Comment

All good points, thanks. Phone just as the wife is about to give birth any hour now; so probably not a long-term need after that. Wallet because i wanted to go for a beer afterwards. Maybe I'll have a look at the running jackets, especially as the rainy season is starting to begin. Cheers.
                                                                No, no no no...............no!

You do not want to go for a beer afterwards

Stretch, shower, relax, then maybe...
                                                                Unless you want to be walking like Frankie's monster for the best part of a week

Comment

Best of luck! Tar had recommended that Couch25K app, but didn't have it downloaded. Didn't intially run that far, its more I started running and thats how long it lasted for. Saw the Couch25K plan afterwards and seems a bit too much of a slow start? Like its nearly all walking in the first week. Will def put a bit more thought into it though, as it was rather a nice thing to do.
                                                                  Thing is a lot of beginners can run 3, 5, 10k but they get injured. You start off small and only add like 10% per week to avoid injury. You shouldn't never even really be out of breath if you are doing it right, heart rate should be 180-age at maximum. It's more for a chance for your body to adjust or people generally hurt knees, ankles, hips after a few weeks and give up. my knee hurt for months from doing too much.

Comment

A CV word
                                                                    Liaising ?
                                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                      Liaising ?
                                                                      Think she will fill the gap
                                                                      Oli you will be mentioned in the footnotes

Cheers lads!

Comment

Sounds as if you have a good level of fitness, I know many who couldn't run 350 metres let alone 3.5K.
                                                                        Start with smaller distances imo (2K maybe) and try to run as fast as you can, then build up the distance adding 500m or 1k every few weeks but strive to maintain the same minutes per km rate so as to challenge your body.

Then try to get a Rennes parkrun started next spring, big contribution to the community and might get you noticed positively.
                                                                        Last edited by ArmaniJeans; 21-09-15, 13:21.

Comment

Amazon are the best, my earphones broke, you know how they tend to do that, in one ear - generally from our own misuse. So I said fuck it they are 60 euro i'll email amazon and say hey can I have new earphones?

On their way within 10 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                            Do you think Kildare lads would be scumbags if they got close enough to someone to tackle them?
                                                                            Boo urn

I certainly wouldn't stand by and condone the behaviour like that of Connolly or McMahon.

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                            I'm still a little baffled by that game. Conditions obviously played a part but Dublin just aren't that much better than Kerry. There's pretty much nothing between the two teams if you ask me but Kerry looked miles off it. Dublin should have been out of sight. It's a tribute to Kerry that they never let Dublin get away but it was such a strange game.

Need to watch it back now to see if I'm missing something but it really was an odd game
                                                                            It was a truly horrible game, Dublin were slightly better but its hard to believe that Kerry didn't stand up and take it in the last ten minutes. They wouldn't have had to reach far to win it but they looked totally lost. Leaving it so late to play Donaghy and then bringing on Galvin another OAP ahead of BJK seemed off to me.
                                                                            In the last ten minutes it looked like a league game in March that neither side really needed to win.

I can understand how the conditions make it difficult to hold on to the ball but surely it can't be to blame for many of the appalling wides that both sides had.

Comment

who are bgo.com's adverts aimed at?

Not gamblers
                                                                              & does anyone give a fuck who Paris Hilton and mini me are anymore?

Strange!

And any industry lads about, are the ads working?
                                                                              They big?
                                                                              Anyone who fancies a punt really. More novelty marketing than anything really.
                                                                              Ads must be working as they are huge. Always hiring for decent roles.

Comment

Philly Knackmahon

Comment

Shame pig gate has taken the spotlight off a British army general threateniNg a coup if Corbyn became PM. Nuts

Comment

Have to say it's a pretty sweet Monday afternoon in work when I come back to read my emails and the only one is one informing me that the whole company are being flown to Orlando, Florida for 4 days to stay in the hard rock hotel and well, go to disney land, universal studios and whatever, partners are optional.

SPOILER

Get in.
                                                                                    Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 21-09-15, 14:05.

Comment

A CV word
                                                                                      Facilitator: A facilitator is someone who engages in the activity of facilitation. They help a group of people understand their common objectives and assists them to plan how to achieve these objectives;

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                        ...taken the spotlight off a British army general threateniNg a coup if Corbyn became PM. Nuts
                                                                                        Yep, this was mental, pity the 'unnamed general' didn't have the balls to go on the record. It'd be basically the plot of 1990s series A Very British Coup when Ray McAnally played a PM with almost identical policies to Jeremy Corbyn.

Comment

They haven't gone away you know...

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by iSnow View Post
                                                                                                Facilitator: A facilitator is someone who engages in the activity of facilitation. They help a group of people understand their common objectives and assists them to plan how to achieve these objectives;
                                                                                                Bit over the top, typically dealing with drunk cunce getting exactly what they asked for and still not being happy due to it not being like the film they say about being a princess

Next job; next job we will fit in the word facilitator

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                  We watched Me and Earl and the Dying Girl on Friday night. Not a single tear threatened to be jerked for either me or my missus I'm afraid to report.
                                                                                                  You're obviously dead on the inside.

Imagine the nightmare it would have been if Garth had actually played those five nights
                                                                                                  One of the last times I was in there the place was packed had just paid to get into it & left after a couple minutes as it was bedlam, Saturday must've been so much worse, so many bars in & around that part of town and people decide to get packed in like sardines the mind boggles.

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                  Went to mother hubbards for hipster brunch and was amused to spend 7 quid for a bowl of granola and a bowl of yogurt. Tenner for pancakes and 14 quid for scrambled eggs with chorizo seemed nearly cheap by comparison.
                                                                                                  Really good food but it's hard to justify the prices.

On the plus side a few cheap pints (and some ridiculously priced lemonade) in the generator was much more pleasant than standing in the pissings of rain in Smithfield.
                                                                                                  Can you drink in The Generator thought it was just a hostel or something?

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                                                  Pettersen been treated shabbily by Sky and the female Monty. She didn't even get a chance to concede the putt FFS.
                                                                                                  What is the whole thing about for those of us in the dark & not a clue why it's such a big deal, layman's terms?
                                                                                                  "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                                    Can you drink in The Generator thought it was just a hostel or something?
                                                                                                    Bar and pool table just inside the door, didn't think they were all that cheap though but haven't been there in yonks.
                                                                                                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post

What is the whole thing about for those of us in the dark & not a clue why it's such a big deal, layman's terms?
                                                                                                      US vs Europe at Golf.

US player misses a putt that leaves her ball a short distance from the hole. In a lot of situations the opposing player/team will just allow her to pick up the ball without taking the putt because it's so close that it's assumed it's going in anyway.

European player walks away after the missed put and US player assumed that European player conceded that she'd make the putt so picked up her ball.

European player then says, your card hit the muck, you hand is dead....

Comment

BBV assistance required...

I have an idea for an app and approached some developers who thought it was a great idea and quoted me £20K-£40K to fully develop,publish etc.
                                                                                                        When I balked at the quote they sent me an email saying that they believe in the idea and are willing to develop it for free...in exchange for 40% of generated revenue.
                                                                                                        Told them I'd consider it.

Looked at a site called Upwork where I found a dude in India who can deliver App for $500.

Question: Does anyone have any experience in app development that can advise?

The easy option is to let the pro company develop it and have a polished product in a month but lose 40% of generated revenue.
                                                                                                        The difficult option is to do everything myself and keep all the loots.
                                                                                                        I need it launched within a month..Move?

Comment

Offer them 15%. 5% to me for the consultation.

Comment

They won't budge on 40%

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                              Have to say it's a pretty sweet Monday afternoon in work when I come back to read my emails and the only one is one informing me that the whole company are being flown to Orlando, Florida for 4 days to stay in the hard rock hotel and well, go to disney land, universal studios and whatever, partners are optional.

SPOILER

Get in.
                                                                                                              Howdy partner.
                                                                                                              I think I need to work where you work.

Comment

They won't budge on 40%
                                                                                                                They can suck a lemon.

Comment

BBV assistance required...

I have an idea for an app and approached some developers who thought it was a great idea and quoted me £20K-£40K to fully develop,publish etc.
                                                                                                                  When I balked at the quote they sent me an email saying that they believe in the idea and are willing to develop it for free...in exchange for 40% of generated revenue.
                                                                                                                  Told them I'd consider it.

Looked at a site called Upwork where I found a dude in India who can deliver App for $500.

Question: Does anyone have any experience in app development that can advise?

The easy option is to let the pro company develop it and have a polished product in a month but lose 40% of generated revenue.
                                                                                                                  The difficult option is to do everything myself and keep all the loots.
                                                                                                                  I need it launched within a month..Move?
                                                                                                                  As always - "It depends".

Consider a home building analogy.

You could build a home with foundations etc for €X
                                                                                                                  Or you could buy a prefab building for €Y
                                                                                                                  or you could get a shed for €Z

Do you know what you're asking for? If not, its pretty difficult to figure out what kind of costs you're looking at.

60% of something is better than 100% of nothing
                                                                                                                  But 60% of loads is less than 100% of loads.

Solved.

Comment

XXXXXXX is an App where users can login and find gambling events through a geolocator.
                                                                                                                    Event organisers can post their events by filling in a charter..
                                                                                                                    Here's the tricky bit..I need a roulette feature whereby users can spin the wheel to choose a random event in their area. This could be any number of events Eg. Poker Tournament, Horse/Dog Racing, Drive-in Bingo etc.
                                                                                                                    Customers can then rate the event.

Comment

XXXXXXX is an App where users can login and find gambling events through a geolocator.
                                                                                                                      Event organisers can post their events by filling in a charter..
                                                                                                                      Here's the tricky bit..I need a roulette feature whereby users can spin the wheel to choose a random event in their area. This could be any number of events Eg. Poker Tournament, Horse/Dog Racing, Drive-in Bingo etc.
                                                                                                                      Customers can then rate the event.
                                                                                                                      Tricky bit is a piece of piss.

App is simple.

Not €500 simple, but simple enough. Go for the % option imo. Other option is to take the £20k-£40k estimate they've given you, which they've then said is worth 40% of the income of the app, and sell them the entire idea for £50k/£100k.

Flip it!

Comment

If you posted that on the 2p2 Business & Investing forum they'd tell you 40% is an extremely offer. Skills & execution >>>>>>>>>>>> idea

Comment

Yeah that's what I was thinking..just feels alot to let go of but if we get a Business Development/Sales Exec on board I'd be happy with the profit. Paging Lord Sir Business...

Thanks for the advice. gonna have a think about it and maybe shop around a bit more.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X