This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
    To put it into context, since 1990, their have only been two successful bombing attacks on planes. I honestly would have said that these attacks were no longer targeted given modern security.
    How many failed attempts were there?
    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Arsenal struggled for years financially (relative to the top teams) and are now reaping the rewards for years and years of brilliant and prudent management, working within a rational business context. If you think that's failure compared to teams simply buying success then fair enough...that your prerogative. But your an idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
        I just can't understand how everyone doesn't become a tactical defaulter. That's exactly what is being encouraged here surely?
        Think its almost paradoxical - once relatively few people tactically default, the 'rest' of the system can carry on as is and whatever benefits there are to tactically defaulting remain. But if increasing numbers start to tactically default then the system will have to change to deal with the evolving scenario and in the process reduce or erase such benefits.

Comment

ChD in next year will be our year outburst. LOL

Do you know the way to Ban Jose. Dududududadu

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
            If you fancy going down taking a quick walk, around, get annoyed and spend 15 quid on a sandwich before heading for a few pints with your classmates then ya.

If you are hoping to be "inspired to become the next global trend" than just apply for Google and LinkedIn's grad program and be done with it.

I don't really get people who go to events like these without a goal as to what they want to get out of it. Just going for a random walk around events like these sounds a lot like window shopping - all the annoyance for none of the point.
            Very good point Richie.

Comment

Originally posted by Lplated View Post
              Think its almost paradoxical - once relatively few people tactically default, the 'rest' of the system can carry on as is and whatever benefits there are to tactically defaulting remain. But if increasing numbers start to tactically default then the system will have to change to deal with the evolving scenario and in the process reduce or erase such benefits.
              Yeah exactly this, however we've had an enormous rise relative to the starting number and nothing has changed. What's the increase that prompts an actual response? It's a bizarre situation to have let occur. I understand that the political optics of house repossessions en masse would be absolutely woeful, but the number of buy-to-let mortgages that are behind is staggering.

I imagine that if there was movement to repossess (as often as possible sell with any sitting tenants remaining in situ, though admittedly have zero idea how that would work) would spur a lot of Residential defaulters back into payments...

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                Fair play Shardon

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Is there any compelling reason for me to turn up for this free student careers web summit thing this evening? I can't really imagine any sort of utility I will gain.

I imagine it will be a packed kip (RDS), wedged with youths agog, whooting and hollering in amazement while suit whom they've never heard of (but they no know is a big deal) talks at them.

Lecturers and fellow students keep saying 'oh you should definitely go along!', I'm unconvinced.
                Also my distaste for crowds, the rds and the owners coming off as Grade A geebags isn't swaying me to pop along, even if it is directly on my bus route.

I'm off to Woodies to get a dimmer switch.
                FFS, LSB what would make you happy in life? You were offered a freebie and made a myriad of excuses not to attend. Last week you wanted to sneak in you 'too cool for school' motherfucker. If you hustled the room you would have a job by now. GG

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                  I will find you something top class in return mate. Trade is on.

tbf m8, it's only right. He isn't a Chelsea fan. You should make him a rugby fan and someone who appreciates LOI football. Don't make him play rugby in school though, the amount of people who come out dumber is unreal. Studies will show it soon.

I doubt you go to Ipswich much but if you show half an interest whilst he's growing up then he will be Ipswich too. If he enjoys football stick him in a club and bring him to your local LOI team.

If you let him become an Arsenal fan he will always settle for 4th best. It's the Arsenal way.
                  He already plays football m8, despite my best efforts.

Very blonde and plays in goal. Next Schmeichel imo m8. I will let Jose have an option on him for 1 mirrion, cash.
                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by iSnow View Post
                    FFS, LSB what would make you happy in life? You were offered a freebie and made a myriad of excuses not to attend. Last week you wanted to sneak in you 'too cool for school' motherfucker. If you hustled the room you would have a job by now. GG
                    What are your thoughts on the Web Summit now?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                      What are your thoughts on the Web Summit now?
                      It's great. I'll go into more detail later when I can feel my legs again but it is a great experience.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                        I didn't fancy it, and have vague sense that RDIII didn't either, but might be making that up.

@Shrap, watched the first episode of the second season of Les Revenants and couldn't remember any of the characters or what had happened other than the obvious. Made for one boring viewing.
                        Didn't think much of it either. Waiting 2 years to come out with season 2 wasn't a great move considering it's pretty out there.

Give episode 2 a go. Watched it last night, and it's definitely picking up. Really looking forward to watching episode 3 tonight, cause shit just got real!!

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                          Yeah exactly this, however we've had an enormous rise relative to the starting number and nothing has changed. What's the increase that prompts an actual response? It's a bizarre situation to have let occur. I understand that the political optics of house repossessions en masse would be absolutely woeful, but the number of buy-to-let mortgages that are behind is staggering.

I imagine that if there was movement to repossess (as often as possible sell with any sitting tenants remaining in situ, though admittedly have zero idea how that would work) would spur a lot of Residential defaulters back into payments...
                          without evidence I suspect part of the answer is that many of those behind on buy to let mortgages are also behind on their domestic ones. So, slowness to go after people's actual residences has spilled over into not going after their investment properties either.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Pretty mind blowing how many people are driving up prices sitting on "family homes" they can no longer afford. I can't afford a family home either. Demand is so much greater than supply. Repossess the cunce so that I can move in.
                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                How many failed attempts were there?
                                Quite a few. But I don't know exactly how many.

One of the successful attempts was an Al-Qaeda test run, it only killed 1 person (directly above the blast), the pilot managed to set the damaged plane down. The full scale attacking involve planting bombs (with the same method) on 11 US bound airplanes. And then crashing a hijacked plane into the CIA HQ in Langley. But the plan failed. I imagine that was a forerunner to 9/11.

There was a reboot of the above that failed too - the mass arrests in the UK maybe 8 years ago.
                                And the failed shoe bomb just after 9/11 was another. These were all al-qaeda, whatever happened to them lads

Comment

They all died in bomb related deaths. It wasn't very sustainable.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                    So my Loire whites experience is drawing to a close. Its been interesting and emotional.

Tried were:

Anjou
                                    Pouilly-Fume
                                    Quincy
                                    Coteaux de Giennois
                                    Muscadet
                                    Vouvray
                                    Menetou-Salon

Didn't try the famous Sancerre after a taster of it didn't do anything.

I'd rank them:

Vouvray the best
                                    Quincy
                                    Muscadet

and the rest much of a muchness.

So now i'm going to move on to either Alsace whites or Burgundy whites (sticking away from reds for the moment, mainly due to allergies). Alsace is the obvious choice between these two?

Any interesting recommendations from that region? Its mainly Gewurztraminer i've tried from there.
                                    happy to see you enjoyed the Quincy!

For alsace, try gewurtz, riesling, pinot gris. Also try the cremant d'alsace which is a fantastic little sparkling wine.

Comment

FYI Hitch. I ran a life assuarance quote on myself. 500k cover for a fixed ten year period.

Age 37 male, non smoker, non drinker, good looking and it works out at €30 per month.

Your friends insurance either has a lot of commission or is whole of life policy with fixed premium rates (ie smoothing the rates for when they get older and likely won't need it) or has a savings policy built in.

If I was in your shoes I'd want 8 times salary less the value of savings/pension/assets your family might have on death. I would decrease that life cover in 5-10 years and likely remove entirely in 20 years. I'd also have income protection as its more expensive to live sick than die and more likely to happen. However that is expensive if not a benefit of your employment at present.
                                      ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

So my Loire whites experience is drawing to a close. Its been interesting and emotional.

Tried were:

Anjou
                                        Pouilly-Fume
                                        Quincy
                                        Coteaux de Giennois
                                        Muscadet
                                        Vouvray
                                        Menetou-Salon

I'd rank them:

Vouvray the best
                                        Quincy
                                        Muscadet

So now i'm going to move on to either Alsace whites or Burgundy whites (sticking away from reds for the moment, mainly due to allergies). Alsace is the obvious choice between these two?

Any interesting recommendations from that region? Its mainly Gewurztraminer i've tried from there.
                                        Riesling is very much the wine snob's white of choice. Very much an acquired taste though. Will stand up to pork and goes well with all forms of hearty Alsatian food.

I'm going to suggest a different tack: white Bordeaux. Ideally a 50% Semillion\Sauvignon Blanc blend. The best are from the Graves appellation. Sensational slightly chilled and with seafood.

White burgundy - to be honest, I think the affordable stuff is generally bad value and the good stuff is overpriced. Try a Bourgogne Aligote and see if it floats your boat.

Glad you liked the Vouvray!

Report back tomorrow with your findings.

Comment

Oh yeah. Find your local Alsatian Auberge.

Go there when the weather turns cold. Remain until it turns warm. Thank me after.

Comment

I have disablility benefit, I imagine that is more worth having than death. Is that different than sickness? I really must read these things sometime.

Comment

I've always loved Reisling, but am as far from a wine snob as possible I think The bottles are the most aesthetically pleasing anyhow, they look the business.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                Pretty mind blowing how many people are driving up prices sitting on "family homes" they can no longer afford. I can't afford a family home either. Demand is so much greater than supply. Repossess the cunce so that I can move in.
                                                Where's my bailout, Joe? My cat needs wine.
                                                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                  I've always loved Reisling, but am as far from a wine snob as possible I think The bottles are the most aesthetically pleasing anyhow, they look the business.
                                                  I'm sure Freud would have something to say about that...

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                      Annoyingly hard to balance on top of each other.

Bordeaux bottles most sensible shape imo

Comment

Freuds dead dude
                                                        There's more than one

Comment

Next doors cat has started coming to my house for a rub and a bowl of milk in the evenings. Is it ok to give her just milk, about half a cereal bowl, or should I buy some cat food to give her? She always seems hungry but doesn't look neglected if that makes sense so want to avoid over feeding her too.

Tar Andy? Anyone? I'm not usually a cat person but this one seems cool.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                            Next doors cat has started coming to my house for a rub and a bowl of milk in the evenings. Is it ok to give her just milk, about half a cereal bowl, or should I buy some cat food to give her? She always seems hungry but doesn't look neglected if that makes sense so want to avoid over feeding her too.

Bit unfair if she is looking for a rub too but I suppose beggars cant be choosers

Comment

No to milk, huge amount of them are lactose intolerant.
                                                              Some cheapish cat food would be fine, cats tend not to overeat so will likely just leave it if she is full.

Warning : your story is kinda like the start of how I ended up having a fulltime cat.

Comment

Tried were:

Anjou
                                                                Pouilly-Fume
                                                                Quincy
                                                                Coteaux de Giennois
                                                                Muscadet
                                                                Vouvray
                                                                Menetou-Salon

I'd rank them:

Vouvray the best
                                                                Quincy
                                                                Muscadet

What Pouilly Fume did you try or can you remember? It's one of my favourite white wines.

Comment

TV knowers.

What's wrong with this?

"This television has no TVB T2 tuner." - Does this mean no Saorview?

Needing to recommend someone a 28"-32" tv that just works out of the box really. Ideally not costing the stars.

B&M or online is fine.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                    Bit unfair if she is looking for a rub too but I suppose beggars cant be choosers
                                                                    She gets a pet as well as the milk.

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                    No to milk, huge amount of them are lactose intolerant.
                                                                    Some cheapish cat food would be fine, cats tend not to overeat so will likely just leave it if she is full.

Warning : your story is kinda like the start of how I ended up having a fulltime cat.
                                                                    Ok. Will buy some this evening. Won't end up with her full time. My dog wouldn't have it. I just noticed she would sit outside the door in the exact same spot at the exact same time every evening. The first time I tried to rub her she scowled and hissed. I returned with milk and it was all cuddles then. She's never there when I go to get the bowl back so just eats and fecks off.

Comment

First rule of cats: If your neighbor has a cat, you have a cat.

I'd feed it a little cat food or a few dreamies. Not too much as I'm sure it's fed already. Not milk though as adult cats are lactose intolerant.

Comment

don't give it anything or next you'll know is it'll be on your couch, watching your TV getting a rub down by your girlfriend, you'll install a catflap and that'll be it. They won't need you anymore after that. Fuck it out the door and count yourself lucky!

Comment

I bet we will win it again before Liverpool m8
                                                                          Thought we'd never won it mate? You're slipping.

I will find you something top class in return mate. Trade is on.
                                                                          I've got you right where I want you now m8. I await your opening offer with skeptical curiosity.

Originally posted by chad
                                                                          tbf m8, it's only right. He isn't a Chelsea fan. You should make him a rugby fan and someone who appreciates LOI football. Don't make him play rugby in school though, the amount of people who come out dumber is unreal. Studies will show it soon.

I doubt you go to Ipswich much but if you show half an interest whilst he's growing up then he will be Ipswich too. If he enjoys football stick him in a club and bring him to your local LOI team.

If you let him become an Arsenal fan he will always settle for 4th best. It's the Arsenal way.
                                                                          I reckon Raoul has higher aspirations for his offspring than LOI followers.

Originally posted by iSnow View Post
                                                                          I proably just want to drive a train. I'm spectical anyone was there seeking employees.

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                          Quite a few. But I don't know exactly how many.

One of the successful attempts was an Al-Qaeda test run, it only killed 1 person (directly above the blast), the pilot managed to set the damaged plane down. The full scale attacking involve planting bombs (with the same method) on 11 US bound airplanes. And then crashing a hijacked plane into the CIA HQ in Langley. But the plan failed. I imagine that was a forerunner to 9/11.

There was a reboot of the above that failed too - the mass arrests in the UK maybe 8 years ago.
                                                                          And the failed shoe bomb just after 9/11 was another. These were all al-qaeda, whatever happened to them lads
                                                                          They were only eager to check shoes for a short while. Security theater.
                                                                          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

I wish my neighbours had a cat that woul come play. There are a couple I see but I'm on the first floor, how to get them to climb up to my balcony?

Comment

Cat ladder!

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                Cat ladder!

Do you think the neighnours below whose window/patio would be home to my cst laddwr would mind? Or that the neighbours with the cats would suspect?

Comment

I think you would have to do a few trial runs on it yourself when you see them and act like everything is completely normal. "Good day to you neighbours". Perhaps nail a "Fire Escape" sign to the wall.

Comment

First rule of cats: If your neighbor has a cat, you have a cat.

I'd feed it a little cat food or a few dreamies. Not too much as I'm sure it's fed already. Not milk though as adult cats are lactose intolerant.
                                                                                    Yeah I definitely want to avoid over feeding her as I'm 100% sure the neighbours do look after her well. What are dreamies? I'm assuming the cat version of doggy biscuits?

Any particular type of cat food?

Comment

Hope our government is paying attention, this is not working out very well at all
                                                                                      The current situation is not sustainable; Sweden is not able to receive people in the way we used to,” Swedish Prime Minister Stefan Löfven said on Wednesday after meeting with European Council President Donald Tusk in Stockholm to discuss the migration crisis. The request marks a stark departure from Sweden’s long-standing policy of providing generous support for asylum seekers, and comes amid a sharp rise in anti-immigrant sentiment as well as violent attacks targeting migrants. The Nordic country of nine million people, which expects more than 150,000 new arrivals this year, recently began housing some refugees in tents and disaster shelters amid a shortage of regular asylum homes. The far-right Sweden Democrats party has soared to nearly 20% in polls and now competes for the position as the country’s second largest party on an anti-immigration platform.

Comment

Yeah I definitely want to avoid over feeding her as I'm 100% sure the neighbours do look after her well. What are dreamies? I'm assuming the cat version of doggy biscuits?

Dreamies are the cat version of crack cocaine.

Comment

milk will give it the runs. water will do, and don't start feeding it without talking to the owner in case it's on specific diet food.
                                                                                          Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Great people at work now think I am a bit of a sexist and a racist.

Daniel Craigs retirement from Bond duties came up and people starting saying that they might go for a women bond or a black bond. I said no bond is a white guy and there is no reason to change it.

Que pc outrage at why women or black guys shouldn't get to be bond and how it is terrible that I dont think they should get a chance.

My reasoning that he is just a fictional character and that an Indian Sherlock Holmes or white Shaft would be similarly pointless reinventions and why would they want to bother fell on deaf ears. As did my saying that I am not saying black people or women cant be presidents or sit at the front of the bus and it is a fictional character who happens to be white.

Thanks James bond for boring me for 2 hours last night and now getting me involved in a stupid argument with people who are dying to be outraged.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                                              don't start feeding it
                                                                                              Fixed that post up for you Zod. A few extra words in their that I think confused the correct message

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                                                                                I reckon Raoul has higher aspirations for his offspring than LOI followers.
                                                                                                Damn straight. I want them to be rich and have a profound sense of duty towards their parents.

Comment

Trangendered midget paralysed black albino bond ftw

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                      Seems Enda is a regular in my local. Was in last night with a big posse and one young fella who's sole job was to take any pictures that were requested. Felt sorry for Enda when some drunk woman insisted on bending his ear until someone managed to pry her off. Didn't bother with asking him how my bet with Raoul is looking, but I could tell he had the calm disposition of man that's at least three months away from an election.
                                                                                                      Was out this week with the same person in a different pub and we got talking to the guy sitting at the next table. Insisting on getting in a round too for some reason. Eventually let slip that he was a TD, "ah sure yeah, pull the other one". Knew he was serious when he claimed to be FF. Eventually my brain engaged and I realised he was Colm Keaveney. Very nice chap, even I don't really agree with his politics, he at least seems to be doing it for the right reasons. He's certain that the next election will be called on Jan 28th to happen in Feb. Bang on guy .

Comment

Definitely get a bag of Dreamies, Dobby. Cats absolutely love them and a handful won't do any harm.

I'd also talk to the cat's current slave to let them know the situation. Some people can be a bit weird about that.

Comment

The Feb 29th Election.
                                                                                                          Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Riddle me this. Was just on the radio, only a handful of correct answers so I thought it'd be interesting. Spoiler the answer to give others a go.

1 thousand ribs and 2 Spines,
                                                                                                            Keep people going until the end of the line,
                                                                                                            Through hail, snow and rain,
                                                                                                            You may depend on my name. What am I?

No googling m8s.

Comment

SPOILER
                                                                                                              Luas

Comment

...

Comment

Daniel Craigs retirement from Bond duties came up and people starting saying that they might go for a women bond or a black bond. I said no bond is a white guy and there is no reason to change it.

Que pc outrage at why women or black guys shouldn't get to be bond and how it is terrible that I dont think they should get a chance.

My reasoning that he is just a fictional character and that an Indian Sherlock Holmes or white Shaft would be similarly pointless reinventions and why would they want to bother fell on deaf ears. As did my saying that I am not saying black people or women cant be presidents or sit at the front of the bus and it is a fictional character who happens to be white.

Thanks James bond for boring me for 2 hours last night and now getting me involved in a stupid argument with people who are dying to be outraged.
                                                                                                                  WP. There's nothing quite like inciting outrage in PC-crazed morons.

Comment

Presumably the various filmmakers have already changed Bonds height, size, accent, eye colour, hair colour etc from that specified in the original Fleming novels.
                                                                                                                    So is changing his skin colour that much of a fundamental problem?

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                                      Presumably the various filmmakers have already changed Bonds height, size, accent, eye colour, hair colour etc from that specified in the original Fleming novels.
                                                                                                                      So is changing his skin colour that much of a fundamental problem?
                                                                                                                      If The Master from Doctor Who can be a woman then I don't see why Bond can't be played by Idris Elba...
                                                                                                                      You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                                      World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Just a few snack dreamies like people are saying, most cat foods available in shops are crap so they may have some specific thing delivered. Often during illness they will be eating a special food, but a couple of hits of dreamies will be grand and make you that ex-husband that the kids love that turns up with money but puts no effort in otherwise.
                                                                                                                        Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 05-11-15, 16:08.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickey Rosa View Post
                                                                                                                          This 'outrage; over BOI stopping over the counter withdrawals under €700 is rage inducing. People trying to be the moral guardians for old people because by their opinion 'old people' unable to use technology. BOI aren't asking 80 year olds to change to bitcoin. They seem to forget that ATM's were introduced in Ireland in 1980, which means the majority of old people were in their 50's when they were introduced.

It's a huge pain in the fucking hole.
                                                                                                                          If interbank transfers worked well then sure no problem
                                                                                                                          but when BOI will only perform transfers on valid 'working days' it means if I transfer money on a friday I wont see it until monday/tuesday.
                                                                                                                          In that case, going to BOI to take out a lump sump and deposit it in Bank B manually is the only recourse sometimes.
                                                                                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X