Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prob fair point that i shouldnt have put in full name. I actually like Mick alot. Funny guy and enjoyable at the table but was crazy how many people used to tell me they had lent him money. I will edit surname out though a bit late.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
      Well don't loan the fecking money in the first place, I'd always doubt selfless kindness is the motivation for doing that, it's attention seeking on some level, as is coming back on a forum and bemoaning not getting it back.

And I think it's safe to say it is an addiction problem with the accused.
      Seriously?

You think I gave somebody a loan of money because I'm an attention seeker, full in the knowledge I wouldn't get paid back so I could then wait over 7 years to post about it on a forum to get more attention?

Will you get a grip.

Comment

When you put it like that

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
          When you put it like that

I've no truck with the over 65s attending mass and bowing to those cunts as they're suffering a kind of Stockholm syndrome, they come from an era where it was beat into you that the church represents all of your moral fibre. I have no issue with those people.

Anyone under that age darkening the door of a church today needs to be ashamed of themselves.
          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
            Anyone under that age darkening the door of a church today needs to be ashamed of themselves.
            Sounds a bit, well, bigoted and intolerant.
            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
              The thing seems with lots of liberals if you have a different opinion you can be called whatever.
              Poor pro Trump supporters were attacked in America.
              Can you imagine the media coverage and rightly so if crowds attacked say the gay pride here in Dublin the pediga parade was attacked violently by so called liberals as well last year.

Comment

Fair enough, but I view what happened as a holocaust.

I'm intolerant of apologists of it.

Comment

Fuck Godwin too.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Tool.

Comment

Fair enough, but I view what happened as a holocaust.

I'm intolerant of apologists of it.
                          ummmmm, actually no

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                            Tool.
                            I'm a tool for suggesting that people should be ashamed of praising and supporting the catholic church?

After what those cunts did?

To children, to women?

And this the tip of the iceberg.

Go and fuck yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                              So I missed my flight and the mean guy from the hotel made me pay a smoking in the room charge.
                              How could smoking in the room mean you had to pay a smoking the room charge? Baffling.

Just as well you gave up smoking successfully recently though, isn't it, so you couldn't possibly have done it.

Comment

Watching Vincent Brownes program about God, it's really funny, a lot of it is hard to listen to though. He really saves the show.

'when you talk to religious people to me it sounds like they are speaking gobbledygook'

Comment

Urgent help needed

Is there a way to read whatsapp messages without them appearing marked as read to the sender?

Comment

Urgent help needed

Is there a way to read whatsapp messages without them appearing marked as read to the sender?
                                    Put the phone in flight mode. But once you turn off flight mode, then it'll show as being read.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                      Put the phone in flight mode. But once you turn off flight mode, then it'll show as being read.
                                      Thats what I did , turns out the question wasn't as demanding as I was expecting, thought I might have had to stay offline for the night

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                        So I missed my flight and the mean guy from the hotel made me pay a smoking in the room charge.
                                        Nearly missed the plane home from that London the other week myself as Clapham Junction was screwed because of weekend works. Needed to get a taxi to Gatwick from Clapham which i luckily shared with a couple from East Fife. Im a jinx re getting to the airport no matter how early i leave. Hate travelling, far too much hassle. Im as happier watching travelogues than i am actually travelling!.

Comment

We are heading for a record prize pool in the Cheltenham tipping comp, already €1,100 in the pot with more en route. Entirely possible that we hit €2k+.

If you have not yet entered, come this way for salvation.

Comment

You can turn off read receipts in whatsApp, also a setting so it doesn't show you as online.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                              Nearly missed the plane home from that London the other week myself as Clapham Junction was screwed because of weekend works. Needed to get a taxi to Gatwick from Clapham which i luckily shared with a couple from East Fife. Im a jinx re getting to the airport no matter how early i leave. Hate travelling, far too much hassle. Im as happier watching travelogues than i am actually travelling!.
                                              I was in a pub with a group somewhere in London (Paddington?) and basically me and my mate forgot about our flight from Gatwick until really late. Long story short we arrived in Gatwick at 9.29pm and made our 10pm flight!

Comment

I'm right behind you Conor. Agree wholeheartedly. I also don't think you're a tool. That much anyway.
                                                This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

I'm a tool for suggesting that people should be ashamed of praising and supporting the catholic church?

After what those cunts did?

To children, to women?

And this the tip of the iceberg.

Go and fuck yourself.
                                                  Should Muslims be ashamed of being Muslim and attending Mosque as their some leaders of their religion advocate killing homosexuals, oppressing women etc?

Comment

Urgent help needed

Settings top right, privacy.

U then don't get to see if they saw your message though too if ya get me.
                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                      I'm right behind you Conor. Agree wholeheartedly. I also don't think you're a tool. That much anyway.
                                                      Thanks man. I know I started it but I'm trying real hard not to even think about it, let alone argue and vent about it. Although I've been doing a lot of that.

The apathy crushes me.

Comment

I've no truck with the over 65s attending mass and bowing to those cunts as they're suffering a kind of Stockholm syndrome, they come from an era where it was beat into you that the church represents all of your moral fibre. I have no issue with those people.

You are letting off the state which provided the legal framework and cover up. Should anyone who votes or lives in Ireland be similarly persecuted. There are as many people in Leinster house, the guards and the civil services hiding secrets who could come forward.

I am not catholic or religious in any case but to feel that people who follow a religion should be ashamed of their faith and following a pretty decent ethical code because a certain number of the clerics perverted and twisted the meaning is fairly ott.

Those people would have found another way to twist and impose themselves if their had been no church imo but there are plenty of decent people in the Catholic Church. Mostly at this stage it is in times of crisis and death that people look for them. Nuns who work in hospitals, priests providing that little bit of hope of salvation and peace through deathbed confessions and supporting families during the last days of life.

Perhaps it's all nonesense and in my opinion it is but I wouldn't say people should be ashamed for believing in something greater than themselves.

Comment

Why do people not get it?

The church was the state. It had it's foot on the neck of society. People who spoke out were ruined and silenced.

It still controls our school system. Wake the fuck up.

Comment

Plus, I never suggested people should be ashamed of their faith in god or their christianity.

Comment

Should Muslims be ashamed of being Muslim and attending Mosque as their some leaders of their religion advocate killing homosexuals, oppressing women etc?
                                                              Yes.

But then all of that is basically what the church here advocated too.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                Perhaps it's all nonesense and in my opinion it is but I wouldn't say people should be ashamed for believing in something greater than themselves.
                                                                Sure, believe what you like but to turn a blind eye every time a scandal breaks is nonsense. All those bones are from the famine, they wont find any recent bodies was the story till this week. Move paedophiles to new parishes, be grand.

Comment

Plus, I never suggested people should be ashamed of their faith in god or their christianity.
                                                                  This.

I'm all for people finding comfort in whatever they want but to then support a clearly evil institution because it is the administrator of your faith is absolute madness.
                                                                  This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                  All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                  The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

'The nazis :a warning from history' been given a spin on the Beeb the past few weeks,some documentary.
                                                                    Recommended viewing especially for people who can't help making really silly Hitler-Trump comparisons.he's not in this doc lads

Comment

Liberals want stuff banned and censored.... no news here then.

Comment

Some own goal by osasuna there
                                                                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Would be great to be able to ban and censor the church from banning and censoring stuff alright.

Comment

They should be hung outside the city walls for what they did to this country. The Catholic Church will be effectively finished in ireland within my lifetime and I take great solace in that.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                'The nazis :a warning from history' been given a spin on the Beeb the past few weeks,some documentary.
                                                                                Recommended viewing especially for people who can't help making really silly Hitler-Trump comparisons.he's not in this doc lads
                                                                                He's Nixon (without the accomplishments), not Hitler.

Comment

Since when did liberal become a dirty word? Does it not just mean free or some derivative of it? If 'liberals' in the way it is spat out by some people want anything banned it is discrimination, hatred,intolerance and lack of free will, and those people or institutions that preach those things.

Comment

Why do people not get it?

The church was the state. It had it's foot on the neck of society. People who spoke out were ruined and silenced.

It still controls our school system. Wake the fuck up.
                                                                                    People know all this.

If they still choose to go to church, that's their business.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                      Since when did liberal become a dirty word? Does it not just mean free or some derivative of it? If 'liberals' in the way it is spat out by some people want anything banned it is discrimination, hatred,intolerance and lack of free will, and those people or institutions that preach those things.
                                                                                      It's a dirty word in America and became so as part of the culture wars over the last couple of decades.

In it's true meaning, I would say most of us should aspire to be liberals. I certainly do.

Categorising people whose views you disagree with as stupid people who should be ashamed of themselves is not liberal though. If you find yourself in that position (like Lazare), you are actually acting more like a reactionary than a liberal.

Comment

Liberals want stuff banned and censored.... no news here then.
                                                                                        I have genuinely no idea what the fuck you are on about. It is quite baffling though that you are complaining about banning and censorship whilst arguing in defense of the catholic church. If that is what you are doing, I've no idea.

Comment

Religion chat

Mias teacher asked in-class who didnt believed in God few weeks ago.

Three put their hands up, Mia was one of them lol
                                                                                          He then asked who did believe put up their hands. Nobody really did she said. Then kinda one by one hesitantly did

Teacher then said he didn't believe in God. Mia was delighted. Do ye think he was wrong just out of curiosity?
                                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

I have genuinely no idea what the fuck you are on about. It is quite baffling though that you are complaining about banning and censorship whilst arguing in defense of the catholic church. If that is what you are doing, I've no idea.
                                                                                            Yes the entire religion all over the entire world is to blame for the actions of a few. Just like all Germans are to blame for Hitler, all Muslims are to blame for suicide bombers, etc etc

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                                              Religion chat

He then asked who did believe put up their hands. Nobody really did she said. Then kinda one by one hesitantly did

Teacher then said he didn't believe in God. Mia was delighted. Do ye think he was wrong just out of curiosity?
                                                                                              Yes imo. Why do that?

Comment

Religion chat

I like this story:

Volataire (famous French thinker, philosopher and renowned atheist) was on his deathbed with only minutes to live.
                                                                                                As was the custom at the time, a priest was summoned to deliver the last rites.
                                                                                                Volataire was asked "do you renounce Satan and all his works?"

His response: "now, sir, is not the time for making enemies."

Comment

That's the bit I find ridiculous. 10 minutes of critical thought is all that's required to make a mockery of it.

Comment

Religion chat

If he is teaching in a Catholic school I would assume his job could be in danger for that.

Comment

You know what I meant. I would argue it displays a stronger sense of christianity to boycott the catholic church.

Comment

Yes the entire religion all over the entire world is to blame for the actions of a few. Just like all Germans are to blame for Hitler, all Muslims are to blame for suicide bombers, etc etc
                                                                                                        Religion has done more harm than good. Of course all Muslims are not to blame. The world would be a better place without islam though.

Comparison with Nazi Germany makes no sense. Germany, as a nation, is deeply ashamed of its past. If the average German in 2017 thought Hitler was a great leader then it would.

Comment

You know what I meant. I would argue it displays a stronger sense of christianity to boycott the catholic church.
                                                                                                          You're not really displaying much of a "love thy neighbour" attitude.

More of an Old Testament type I would say.

Comment

You know what I meant.
                                                                                                            Well, no.

You said one thing and then directly denied you said it.

Comment

I'm not a christian.

Recently bought and repaired a garden fence panel though.

Comment

Well, no.

I think practicing Irish catholics should be ashamed, of their catholicism, not their christianity, or their faith. Does that clear it up?

Comment

Well, no.

Sorry for jumping in but just caught up on the last few pages and he actually didn't.

Comment

Anyway, I thought you were one of those Peoples Front of Judea types, not really sure your opinion is wanted by either side of this argument

Comment

Originally posted by darwinatemyhamster View Post
                                                                                                                      Sorry for jumping in but just caught up on the last few pages and he actually didn't.
                                                                                                                      Well, no.

Anyone under that age darkening the door of a church today needs to be ashamed of themselves
                                                                                                                      .
                                                                                                                      .

You're going to find it hard to spin this one.

Lazare says people going to church 'should be ashamed of themselves'.

Then says 'I never said people should be ashamed of their faith in god or their christianity'.

If this was a court, the case would be closed. Open and shut but fire away.

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                                                                                        Anyway, I thought you were one of those Peoples Front of Judea types, not really sure your opinion is wanted by either side of this argument
                                                                                                                        Yes, not really sure how I ended up defending Catholics.

That's just how goddamn liberal I am.

Comment

.

You're going to find it hard to spin this one.

Lazare says people going to church 'should be ashamed of themselves'.

Then says 'I never said people should be ashamed of their faith in god or their christianity'.

If this was a court, the case would be closed. Open and shut but fire away.
                                                                                                                          You are doing a bad of basing an argument on pedantry tbf.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X