This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Keane View Post
    Worth taking a second to stop and imagine the actual carnage if Dice and Satnav won the lottery the same week.
    Unbelievable scenes
    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Tbf with all the knowledge lottie has passed on in here there should have been a couple of winners already.

Don't forget his cut.

Comment

Quick question mighty BBV,

For anyone who rents or knows someone.

We're getting the house renovated in the next couple of months and will have to move out for at least three or four months. We're going to have to rent somewhere. Most places in the areas we're looking at are 1 year leases.

Is it acceptable to sign a year's lease, then bail after three months?
        I'm guessing not. If that is the case, Does one take the hit on the deposit?

Any other options? Air bnB has really fucked the short term rental market.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
          Off work for the week, and with the weather being so shit I'm getting no golf in - Had to preoccupy myself otherwise.

Bit of spring cleaning done - Sky Sports reduced from €40 to €27.50 for the next six months. BT Sport pack reduced from €25 to €15.99 for the next two months.

I've honestly been holding off doing the 'cancellation' calls for ages. Feels good to get a bit off even if it is only €20 less in total and they didn't seem too fussed for it at all.

Some people still laugh at others still paying for Sky etc. but it's just the comfort and ease-of-use, especially for my parents which make it worthwhile.
          Comfort and ease of use definitely but it's too expensive. Netflix is a great example. Reasonably priced and worth is for comfort. Assume sports channels will have to go down that road at some point and bring out an affordable app that can be used on devices to beat the alternatives available.
          airport, lol

Comment

Dodgy box all the way.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
              Dodgy box all the way.
              Speaking of which i have a subscription to LIUX.TV but its down at moment, whats the best alternative for sport on kodi. Have mobdro on firestick but traffic for big games slows it down so it doesnt cut it
              airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                Comfort and ease of use definitely but it's too expensive. Netflix is a great example. Reasonably priced and worth is for comfort. Assume sports channels will have to go down that road at some point and bring out an affordable app that can be used on devices to beat the alternatives available.
                Relative to each person imo.

The price I'm getting them at now is great value.

I watch ungodly amounts of football, golf, MMA, boxing (boxnation now included) tennis, motorsport, rugby and even some cricket..

The price I'm getting it at now I find as v good value.

The UFC content that BT have alone justifies the price for that I think.

Comment

Don't get me wrong, I'm delighted for the chap but Dice winning 13 Mill on the lotto is only slightly less sickening than having one of my enemies scooping it
                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                      Don't get me wrong, I'm delighted for the chap but Dice winning 13 Mill on the lotto is only slightly less sickening than having one of my enemies scooping it
                      If he did scoop it he'd be mad posting about it in here, could tell his cousins though over on their forum.
                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                        has anyone ever topped zaytoon in the dublin kebabs stakes? Its such a ridic good kebab. Had the best kebab of all time in Bordeaux last year and still remember it fondly nearly every day, but the zaytoon offering is a highly decent contender for the top crown.
                        prefer the shawarma type, too much bread in the naan.
                        airport, lol

Comment

We go again

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                            Pretty damning evidence.

poster satnav says here that John Wicks is brill!!!. When we expand the whole thread we see that over the next few pages this gets slated by such luminaries as newbie and gorrr72.
                            Poster Downtown even goes as far as to dismiss the idea of watching the film solely based on her recommendation of it, and gets multi-thanked for this disgraceful line.
                            No-one but no-one comes to her rescue.

She is owed an apology and some Superquinn sausages imo. And everyone who thanked Downtowns post should watch The Butterfly Effect as penance.
                            The original John Wick was a surprise hit with stylish visuals and a high body count. With the sequel on the way soon, we decided to go looking through the f...

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                              We go again
                              Matingale it, youll get there.
                              airport, lol

Comment

Speaking of which i have a subscription to LIUX.TV but its down at moment, whats the best alternative for sport on kodi. Have mobdro on firestick but traffic for big games slows it down so it doesnt cut it
                                Dunno, what we have is a satellite decoder thing. No idea how it works we paid someone else to take care of it.

Comment

We go again
                                  Ah balls, was thinking today that although you prob had a few hours of excitement spending the dollas in your head it's actually worse to come so close.

I had similar before, with the same jackpot, ,€13m. I dropped my wife to work one Thurs morn and was driving home. The news report said the lotto was won in Dublin as I was driving and they read out the numbers. I tried to memorise them as best as I could and checked my ticket at the next set of lights. Was sure I matched 5 but couldn't remember the sixth. Had no smartphone so raced home, all the way spending the money in my head, screaming One Time.

Actually hurt a little knowing I was a 41/1 shot away from sitting on 13 mil.

I'd probably be dead now tho.

Comment

has anyone ever topped zaytoon in the dublin kebabs stakes? Its such a ridic good kebab. Had the best kebab of all time in Bordeaux last year and still remember it fondly nearly every day, but the zaytoon offering is a highly decent contender for the top crown.
                                    Never really thought that highly of Zaytoon myself. MAybe I'm just not that into Kababs, Gholi rates it highly and he should know his stuff.

Passion4food is meant to be very good but I've never been.
                                    Last edited by Denny Crane; 02-03-17, 22:36.

Comment

Actually a 41/1 shot away from €6.5m now that I think about it, given I would've shared it.

Hurts €6.5m less now. That's a lot less, I'll take that.

Comment

Not that much into kababs myself.

Comment

Comment

We go again
                                            Never liked you anyway

Comment

as per usual pretty sure I told this before but shared a house with a good friend and we used to do the lotto each week. He'd do Sat and I'd do Wed, same numbers, halves. We never had a penny to our names, drinking every weekend gambling like fuck.

I rang him one April fools (Thu) knowing he was smashed and asked him if he wanted €500 (something like that). He said for what and I said "how much was 5 numbers worth in the lotto last night". He was fucking thrilled, I mean I could hear how much down the phone line. Told him I'd have it for him that evening and we'd go for a few pints. Just before I hung up I asked him what date it was

Comment

Kebabs are the ultimate foodstuff. Have at least two a week for lunches
                                                Kebabs are great.

Comment

The invention of the wireless headphones have very much improved the difficulty in the ever popular game of spot the crazies
                                                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

@strewl mia started her first term with Patricia Finnigan last week.

Kinda hoping for her breaking a record deal in next few yrs
                                                    Child costing me a fortune!
                                                    Thinking of putting her outside post office with guitar and cap and our 14 yr old dog in the summer to repay me

Switched to new guitar teacher. Fairly well known band around here, transmitter. He's guitarist, lovely chap and quite critical which I like!
                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

(Dis)Honesty: The Truth About Lies on Netflix is a really great watch.

Mind=Blown at it's findings. Some fantastic interviews and stories, particularly the NBA ref that got involved in tipping the Gambino family off on fixed matches. Mad stuff.

Comment

Can't visit Dublin without a trip to zaytoon. Unreal stuff

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                          The invention of the wireless headphones have very much improved the difficulty in the ever popular game of spot the crazies
                                                          They've made things soooo much better for me in the gym - Especially boxing. Having the wireless headphones is a godsend.

Comment

Anyone know of decent accommodation in Killarney/dingle part of the world that could sleep 10?
                                                            Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                            https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                              Actually a 41/1 shot away from €6.5m now that I think about it, given I would've shared it.

Hurts €6.5m less now. That's a lot less, I'll take that.
                                                              You were actually way less than 41/1 if you knew all bar one of your numbers matched the winning numbers, and that it was won. Just saying

Comment

Whats going on in Washington is outrageous.
                                                                Trump up to his ass in debt to the Putrid Putin's Russia and when his AG is caught blatantly lying under oath about his contacts during the election they rigged for him the Republican'ts leader Paul Ryan rolls over like a pet poodle.
                                                                Fucking hell
                                                                Once again Denny please try explain to me how it is not legitimate to compare this to the way Germeny in the 30's worked

Comment

Once again Denny please try explain to me how it is not legitimate to compare this to the way Germeny in the 30's worked
                                                                  This guy?

SPOILER

Mr. Speaker, Mr. Vice President, Members of Congress, the First Lady of the United States, and Citizens of America:

Tonight, as we mark the conclusion of our celebration of Black History Month, we are reminded of our Nation's path toward civil rights and the work that still remains. Recent threats targeting Jewish Community Centers and vandalism of Jewish cemeteries, as well as last week's shooting in Kansas City, remind us that while we may be a Nation divided on policies, we are a country that stands united in condemning hate and evil in all its forms.

Each American generation passes the torch of truth, liberty and justice –- in an unbroken chain all the way down to the present.

Comment

Our very own doke vs computer AI

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                      This guy?

SPOILER
                                                                      He once sat beside Jessie or he once shock hands with the Al Sharpton?

Comment

The Latin Quarter in Galway city will play host to ‘Gin Fest’ a 4 day celebration of all things related to Gin from Thursday 30th March – Sunday 2nd April 2017

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                                                                          Anyone know of decent accommodation in Killarney/dingle part of the world that could sleep 10?
                                                                          Rookery Mews apartments Killarney. Owned by my landlords, basic apartments but in a fantastic and quiet location. They're easy going and would do a good deal I think.

Something more upmarket would be the malton apartments.

Don't know Dingle well enough unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                            The Latin Quarter in Galway city will play host to ‘Gin Fest’ a 4 day celebration of all things related to Gin from Thursday 30th March – Sunday 2nd April 2017

http://thelatinquarter.ie/the-latin-...ents-gin-fest/
                                                                            I am up there next week thur-sat, i will do a pre tour tour.
                                                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                You were actually way less than 41/1 if you knew all bar one of your numbers matched the winning numbers, and that it was won. Just saying
                                                                                Very good point. Looking over the last few draws, the match 5 results has been mid-20s on average. As low as 11 people - who might not even have had unique missing numbers.

On that note. Say you have a group of people, who each pick one number from lottos pool of 42 numbers. I wonder how many people do you need to have in the group for it to become likely that people will pick the same number? Assuming random picks, even those its not the case really

So impressed with my ability to wake up at 6am. Until the age of about 35 I'd almost never seen what life was like before 11am. I am though mixing a brandy into my morning coffee by way of reward so not fully there yet in the sophistication stakes.
                                                                                Hitch, don't ever change.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

So impressed with my ability to wake up at 6am. Until the age of about 35 I'd almost never seen what life was like before 11am. I am though mixing a brandy into my morning coffee by way of reward so not fully there yet in the sophistication stakes.
                                                                                      Caffè corretto.

A vital part of staying alive on my rugby forays to southern France.

I applaud your choice of beverage.
                                                                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Not so sure about the other choices. Is this not likely to descend into more domestic rancour?

Comment

...

Comment

Gotta hand it to Revenue, definitely my favourite arm of the state.

Walked in door at 8.31am, out at 8.40 with a promise of a couple of grand in refunds.

Might apply to a few on here too - Medical Insurance Relief where your employer pays the premium for you, spouse and family. You then pay BIK. You're entitled to relief of up to 1k per adult and 500 per child, at 20%. So 700 for me per tax year.
                                                                                            I'd only been getting 200 credit per year (i.e. for me only) so due back a whack for 2013-16 and also to get my credits adjusted up for 2017.

Probably one most people aren't aware of. Bring in your P60s and your health insurance certs, balancing statements are refunds to be issued forthwith.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                              This guy?

SPOILER
                                                                                              Watch the hands, the little stubby hands.

Comment

...you can't masturbate in your mothers house,
                                                                                                Teenagers everywhere would beg to differ.

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                Caffè corretto.

A vital part of staying alive on my rugby forays to southern France.

I applaud your choice of beverage.
                                                                                                I always thought that coffee was brandy was a French/Parisienne coffee - in the same way that an Irish coffee is whiskey.

Comment

Walked in door at 8.31am, out at 8.40 with a promise of a couple of grand in refunds.

Might apply to a few on here too - Medical Insurance Relief where your employer pays the premium for you, spouse and family. You then pay BIK. You're entitled to relief of up to 1k per adult and 500 per child, at 20%. So 700 for me per tax year.
                                                                                                  I'd only been getting 200 credit per year (i.e. for me only) so due back a whack for 2013-16 and also to get my credits adjusted up for 2017.

Probably one most people aren't aware of. Bring in your P60s and your health insurance certs, balancing statements are refunds to be issued forthwith.
                                                                                                  They are even more ruthlessly efficent from the other side of the equation

Comment

Watch the hands, the little stubby hands.
                                                                                                    Any breakfasts?
                                                                                                    X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Promise not to change, but it hasn't worked out too well so maybe theres a lesson for all of us there. Felt it was too catastrophic to go to the airport, as seemingly that morning brandy was the beginning of a binge so have booked a new flight for Sunday. *fingers crossed* between the hotel and new flight it was a €600 brandy. ffs.
                                                                                                      Coming for a post work pint m8?
                                                                                                      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Do you get it automatically for yourself?

Seems an odd system to charge you BIK and then give you relief on it...

Comment

Interesting story

JP McManus loses $5.2m US tax case over backgammon game

Comment

BBC 6 Music are doing 1994 Day. Only been listening for an hour and it's been ridic.

Comment

I forgive Tom Cruise everything for this !

A love scene from the film Legend (1985) with Tom Cruise, Mia Sara, Tim Curry, and David Bennent.Production Companies: Legend Production Company (made by)...

Comment

Imma bit sleepy

Comment

Pro-tip for next time/other people. I do this through their online service, just had work write a one liner page saying how much my health insurance was, took a picture of it and sent it to them.

Comment

It's also just a couple of clicks on PAYE anytime without getting off your arse
                                                                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

It's also just a couple of clicks on PAYE anytime without getting off your arse
                                                                                                                      Not if it's for more than 1 person (in my case, five).

Comment

just reminded me to put this years VHI through my company
                                                                                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                                                          Coming for a post work pint m8?
                                                                                                                          Have a work thing this evening but the possibility of impromptu IPB drinkies is greater than zero %
                                                                                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X