This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
    Interest relief - tell me more. Does that get allowed at source or how do I hook myself up with it? I paid my first mortgage payment in December.
    Doesn't apply to any mortgages after 2012 I think,or before 2004.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
      Yeah it is. You'd get some of the spouses income allowance which would reduce the income tax bill. Just google the PwC tax calculator and stick in the numbers. A single person would pay more. Having a kid isn't a big tax benefit.
      Pretty sure I pay more tax than that calculator said
      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

My wheelie bin got blown over. I know how those tsunami victims felt now.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
          Green or black? Greens a cunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
            Green or black? Greens a cunt.
            Green. Marginally better result than black bin I'd have thought as its mostly clean stuff (paper and plastic and tins).

Comment

#prayforAJ
              #neverforget

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                This is my household.

My wife took redundancy from a 70k job in Dec 2015 to be a stay at home mother.

This is incredibly lucky.
                My mrs handed in her notice in the airport as it became apparent that airport shift work for here, leopardstown commute for me and a new baby didnt exactly gel well together.
                I would have torn Michael O'Leary's arm off for a redundancy offer.
                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Good night for the boards weather forum

Comment

Anyone any idea if Shelbourne Pk dogs is going ahead this week, have heard that its been cancelled a few times recently because of pickets by the HRX trainers. Was thinking of bringing niblings tonight.

Comment

Green. Marginally better result than black bin I'd have thought as its mostly clean stuff (paper and plastic and tins).
                      Not always the case !!

http://www.thejournal.ie/contaminate...06788-Jan2017/

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                        Whilst some of those are chancers filling up their 'free' green bin there's probably also an element of dumbness. We have a recycling bin in work and people throw half eaten sandwiches and burritos into it. When asked about it they genuinely think that the recycling bin is the intended place for that sort of stuff. Presumably they do the same at home.

Comment

Anyone any idea if Shelbourne Pk dogs is going ahead this week, have heard that its been cancelled a few times recently because of pickets by the HRX trainers. Was thinking of bringing niblings tonight.
                          Stay at home.Bit more to it than HRX trainers.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                            Interest relief - tell me more. Does that get allowed at source or how do I hook myself up with it? I paid my first mortgage payment in December.
                            As the lads said, they scrapped it just after I got in.

Comment

Whilst some of those are chancers filling up their 'free' green bin there's probably also an element of dumbness. We have a recycling bin in work and people throw half eaten sandwiches and burritos into it. When asked about it they genuinely think that the recycling bin is the intended place for that sort of stuff. Presumably they do the same at home.
                              I watched a thing about the different kinds of recyclables recently and realised that loads of things, mostly types of food packaging I'd assumed were ok to put in recycling bin probably aren't. Ended up quite confused about what should and shouldn't be going in to it.

Only way its going to work properly is pay by weight for landfill and punishing fines for messing up recycling bins.
                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                Just had a new experience: first ever Pilates class (all part of the 'fix my fucking back' project).

Jaysis, 'twould be a fine auld place to meet women. If you were into that sort of craic.
                                My vegan drinks/food meets are essentially me and 30 nubile yoga women, it's great.

Was on tinder in Oxford when visiting my brother recently, great place to go for a date if you want to go out with some incredibly rich hot person with an amazing career potential, if you were into that sort of craic. The profiles looked fake, only you know they weren't. Should be tinder holidays to these locations. "Bag yourself an eastern european nuclear scientist" package.

Comment

Speaking of mortgages, what with the world entering a state of chassis and the Fed raising rates doesn't 7 year fixed @4% sound like a no brainer?

Comment

In work we have recycling bins also and and am amused to see my work colleagues are quite careful of separating properly etc. Little do they know I saw the cleaners one evening a few weeks back dump them all into one massive bin
                                    No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                          Well its country-dependent, but 4% fixed for 7 years is woeful. Standard across a few continental european countries at the moment is 2% fixed for life of mortgage. But then again if its all you can get...
                                          Well as you know that is far from standard here and not available. The only downside to fixed I can see at the moment is lack of ability to pay off a lump sum should one wish to without incurring a large penalty. I'll be going for either 3 or 5 year fixed initially probably. I flirted with the idea of longer but can't convince myself to pull the trigger.

Comment

Comment

Comment

ah i know, yeah, its just that objectively its a bad deal. May as well wait for the new entrants to come into the market and get a proper deal rather than signing up to 7-years fixed.

tbh I wouldn't touch fixed in your case as its only for a few years. You're paying for all the assumed interest rate rises in the fixed rate, plus an extra bank profit margin, so why pay them all that extra?
                                                Unless I'm reading it wrong, with BOI who we are likely going with is 3.1% fixed for 3 years, 3.3% for 5. Variable is 4.2% with them. Why would I not fix now?

Comment

Comment

The banks can secure their funding for fixed rates and lock in a profit on the transaction. The variable rate funding isn't as straightforward and hence they are making it less attractive. You also need to take a view on your own ability to access a decent lump sum to pay off a chunk of principal within that time frame. As otherwise you aren't really capable of bagging the benefit of the variable rate which it to pay off a chunk early with no penalty.

Also you need to assess if you will have any other major purchases in the time frame as you won't get cheaper money then a mortgage.
                                                    ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                      The banks can secure their funding for fixed rates and lock in a profit on the transaction. The variable rate funding isn't as straightforward and hence they are making it less attractive. You also need to take a view on your own ability to access a decent lump sum to pay off a chunk of principal within that time frame. As otherwise you aren't really capable of bagging the benefit of the variable rate which it to pay off a chunk early with no penalty.

Also you need to assess if you will have any other major purchases in the time frame as you won't get cheaper money then a mortgage.
                                                      In a fe or years we may well be in a position to pay off a significant chunk depending on other circumstances so I'm happy fixing for a few years anyhow given that I can't see those circumstances arising in the next couple of years anyhow.

Comment

I take it one can't easily take out mortgages in other EU countries for some reason?

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                          I take it one can't easily take out mortgages in other EU countries for some reason?
                                                          Nope. I'm sure there is a reason the free market isn't actually a free market but I'm not why it works that way.

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 23-02-17, 12:35.

Comment

Originally posted by poorbarman View Post
                                                              Stay at home.Bit more to it than HRX trainers.
                                                              Out of interest why? One niece is coming up especially so would need to stop her soon if we weren't going.
                                                              Wouldn't pass a picket but been told on boards.ie that there aren't any tonight.

Comment

But he touched a flag though!

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post

Comment

3 trees down close to where I live and I considered taking chainsaw out for some 'free' wood when I returned. I was only away for an hour and on way back I see someone has beat me to it. No way was it a council approved action that quick. I suppose I was lucky as its breaking the law afaik as tree belongs to someone but I would only have been clearing the road to prevent an accident

Comment

Comment

Without wanting to be pedantic, surely you should only not pass a picket if you agree with the reason for picketing. What if the picketing was a protest at a business hiring black people? Just because something is being picketed doesn't make the picketeers automatically right.
                                                                        I'm slightly surprised AJ is that pro union on a blanket basis although I didn't really have enough info to form that opinion.

Comment

Without wanting to be pedantic, surely you should only not pass a picket if you agree with the reason for picketing. What if the picketing was a protest at a business hiring black people? Just because something is being picketed doesn't make the picketeers automatically right.
                                                                          Fair point, though I'd change the bolded bit to 'don't disagree with the reason for picketing'. i.e. if I'm neutral on it or don't know enough about it then I'll just default to the picketers position.

Comment

Sticking it to The Man AJ!
                                                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

...

Comment

I've never even had a sip of coffee I believe. Not going to start now.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                  I've never even had a sip of coffee I believe. Not going to start now.
                                                                                  My coffee thing is wierd, before I went to america I never touched coffee, was an Tea man to the core, but Tea is shite in america, so started drinking coffee there which wasnt terrible as the weak coffee there is somewhat akin to our teas.

Fast foward two years, I arrive in Oz and spent the first 2 months moaning about how shite the coffee is until my taste buds adopted. I now drink coffee every day and also tea depending on mood and work load
                                                                                  No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Guy measured his heart rate when coming off coffee in work a while back, was like 10 beats lower afterwards. If I ever have an espresso I get even more giddy than normal and my lip twitches just wanting to laugh for no reason, find it hard not to laugh (more than usual).

People in work are so addicted, if the coffee machine is out of order you'd swear it was the end of the world and is top priority.

Comment

Out of interest why? One niece is coming up especially so would need to stop her soon if we weren't going.
                                                                                      Wouldn't pass a picket but been told on boards.ie that there aren't any tonight.
                                                                                      Tesco is the current big picket item this week.
                                                                                      Passing the picket in Ballyer marks your cards in more ways than one

Comment

...

Comment

Fuck IT support, bunch of monkey ankle grinders

My Wifi has been offline for 10 days + now, am onto live support every day now, and 1st 30 mins is always the fuckin same...

Me: my wifi offline
                                                                                          Support: what seem to be the issue?
                                                                                          Support: what lights are on the modium?
                                                                                          Me: all green apart from online logo which is white (should b gree)
                                                                                          Support: have you tried turning on and off the modium?
                                                                                          Me: yeah about 50+ times
                                                                                          Support: can you give me your account number
                                                                                          Me: 3473737373
                                                                                          Support: please give me your full name and dob
                                                                                          Me: xxxxx
                                                                                          Support: hang on while I do some checks
                                                                                          .... (10 mins later)
                                                                                          Support: everything seem to fine from what I can see... what seem to be the issue?
                                                                                          Support: can you try turning off and on please
                                                                                          Me: !+#@@@
                                                                                          Support: I see you have a gateway model, I am not trained up on this model type. Please wait while I transfer to you an specialist that is...
                                                                                          .... (15 mins later)

Me: My wifi is offline
                                                                                          Specialist: what seem to be the issue?
                                                                                          Me: The online logo on the modium is flashing white.
                                                                                          Specialist: Have you tried turning the modium off and on again?
                                                                                          ....

Every fucking time over the last three days!!!

Comment

The New Yorker is scathing about the ability or willingness of the Republicunts to deal with the monster they have unleashed.

Remember when even the opposition media would sit back for the first 100 days.
                                                                                            Section 4 of the Twenty-fifth Amendment to the Constitution allows for the removal of a President who can no longer discharge his duties but is unable or unwilling to say so. It empowers the Vice-President, along with “a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide,” to declare the President unfit and to install the Vice-President as Acting President. Section 4 has never been invoked. In 1987, when Ronald Reagan appointed Howard Baker to be his new chief of staff, the members of the outgoing chief’s team warned their replacements that Reagan’s mental ineptitude might require them to attempt the removal of the President under Section 4. Baker and his staff, at their first official meeting with Reagan, watched him carefully for signs of incapacity—but the President, apparently cheered by the arrival of newcomers, was alert and lively, and he served out the rest of his second term.

After a month in office, Donald Trump has already proved himself unable to discharge his duties. The disability isn’t laziness or inattention. It expresses itself in paranoid rants, non-stop feuds carried out in public, and impulsive acts that can only damage his government and himself. Last week, at a White House press conference, the President behaved like the unhinged leader of an unstable and barely democratic republic. He rambled for nearly an hour and a half, on script and off; he flung insults at reporters; he announced that he was having fun; and he congratulated himself so many times and in such preposterous terms (“this Administration is running like a fine-tuned machine”) that the White House press corps could only stare in amazement.
                                                                                            Finishes with

An authoritarian and erratic leader, a chaotic Presidency, a supine legislature, a resistant permanent bureaucracy, street demonstrations, fear abroad: this is what illiberal regimes look like. If Trump were more rational and more competent, he might have a chance of destroying our democracy.

Comment

Passed the Phibs Tesco picket a few times, needed coco pops.
                                                                                              Lucky to have a job in this economy.

Labour court recommendation ignored.
                                                                                              X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                              Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Christmas View Post

Passed my local one too. The alternative was to go down the road to the other Tesco that wasn't picketed.

Labour court swings it imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Christmas View Post

Scab

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                      Scab
                                                                                                      What does that mean m8? Any lunch?

'A strikebreaker (sometimes derogatorily called a scab, blackleg, or knobstick) is a person who works despite an ongoing strike. Strikebreakers are usually individuals who are not employed by the company prior to the trade union dispute, but rather hired after or during the strike to keep the organization running.

I'm not working there m8.
                                                                                                      X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Sorry you are right,no picket tonight.Fire away.Picket on Friday and Saturday

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

Comment

There wouldn't be any racing...

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

Comment

Caffeine is class. Make brain go good. Just like any other drug, it has some side effects that require management. Overuse is bad but withdrawals can be equally bad. Still a top notch drug. Easily in my top 5.
                                                                                                            Last edited by AndyFatBastard; 23-02-17, 14:51.
                                                                                                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Rant time.

Bought 2 licences and permits for years game fishing costing me £152 ( fish 2 rods a time on boat)
                                                                                                              Coarse fishing is less than £50 for 2 rods on same waterway
                                                                                                              Over 60 yrs old and its £28 a rod
                                                                                                              Claiming DLA and its £28 a rod

Know guy whos 'collecting' £400 a week DLA along with free car, free tax and insurance who is in pub 7 days a week and driving a lorry when hes not out in the fields with his shotgun shooting game birds. His wife gets the same and was told by his brother its all a con.
                                                                                                              Know many other ppl at it as well.
                                                                                                              Guy claiming £30,000 to heat a horse ( Horse solarium) and another guy claiming £80,000 a year to heat sheds which have huge metal doors with vehicles moving in and out constantly
                                                                                                              Its no ferking wonder this place is feked as straight guy getting screwed and understand the saying atm "Drain the Swamp"
                                                                                                              Ferking feking fuck fuck fuck it, I am off to shed to rearrange my fishing tacke box!

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                                Tesco is the current big picket item this week.
                                                                                                                Passing the picket in Ballyer marks your cards in more ways than one
                                                                                                                Head down going into my local tesco during weekend seeing as I don't have a car and it's only supermarket near me , have to eat. They said the usual next time go somewhere else, we agreed. Then one of them goes "oh take this leaflet too explaining it" my mate says " you're alright I got one off you yesterday"
                                                                                                                airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                                                                                                                  Rant time.

Bought 2 licences and permits for years game fishing costing me £152 ( fish 2 rods a time on boat)

Know guy whos 'collecting' £400 a week DLA along with free car, free tax and insurance who is in pub 7 days a week and driving a lorry when hes not out in the fields with his shotgun shooting game birds. His wife gets the same and was told by his brother its all a con.
                                                                                                                  Guy claiming £30,000 to heat a horse ( Horse solarium) and another guy claiming £80,000 a year to heat sheds which have huge metal doors with vehicles moving in and out constantly
                                                                                                                  Its no ferking wonder this place is feked as straight guy getting screwed and understand the saying atm "Drain the Swamp"
                                                                                                                  Ferking feking fuck fuck fuck it, I am off to shed to rearrange my fishing tacke box!
                                                                                                                  Yiz ill all still vote Orange or Green next week, even if you didn't want to there is literally no choice.
                                                                                                                  Ridiculous little statelet that is going to be so fucked over by Brexit it is going to be horrible.

As someone who has vigorously defended the right of NI to go its own way, mainly on the principal of not wanting any hand act or part in a state that a million Unionists are dragged kicking and screaming into, I am just about on the point of changing my mind.
                                                                                                                  Now is the time for our own bananna republic to make itself an attractive enough place for those people to want to live when they find them abandoned by the 'mainland' at the first sight of them failing economically in the years following Brexit.
                                                                                                                  The peace process only ever made sense in the context of Europe and without it, well where you have a border you will have a border campaign and they haven't gone away you know

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                                                                                                                    Rant time.

Doubt you have to queue for brunch though.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                      Yiz ill all still vote Orange or Green next week, even if you didn't want to there is literally no choice.
                                                                                                                      Ridiculous little statelet that is going to be so fucked over by Brexit it is going to be horrible.

As someone who has vigorously defended the right of NI to go its own way, mainly on the principal of not wanting any hand act or part in a state that a million Unionists are dragged kicking and screaming into, I am just about on the point of changing my mind.
                                                                                                                      Now is the time for our own bananna republic to make itself an attractive enough place for those people to want to live when they find them abandoned by the 'mainland' at the first sight of them failing economically in the years following Brexit.
                                                                                                                      The peace process only ever made sense in the context of Europe and without it, well where you have a border you will have a border campaign and they haven't gone away you know
                                                                                                                      You would have to pay 70% PAYE for a couple of decades to integrate NI.
                                                                                                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                                                        Caffeine is class. Make brain go good. Just like any other drug, it has some side effects that require management. Overuse is bad but withdrawals can be equally bad. Still a top notch drug. Easily in my top 5.
                                                                                                                        spiders on drugs

Comment

Just picked up a couple of these, very tasty I think. Clearly taken in by Hitch's afternoon truancy.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X