Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arsenal were absolute puke muck today. Ten man Liverpool sauntering up to have shots at will at the end. Couldn't string three passes together. No togetherness or coordination. Wellbeck looking like headless chicken Man U Wellbeck. Honestly worst performance I've ever seen from an Arsenal team against a piss poor Liverpool team. Those players should be ashamed of themselves.
    Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Cleaned out the gas oven earlier and now it's tripping the RCD, rang an electrician friend and he's confident the problem is the igniter is wet and to just give it time to dry out.

Anyone any experience of this? I've to cook for eight people on xmas day and I'm currently shitting myself.
      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

The NFC South making a complete mockery of the NFL playoff format. Fairly flawed that a team with a sub .500 win rate will make playoffs over others with far superior records, home draw too for added lol.
        Profit before people.

Comment

Golf Question

In a stableford competition if a player has the honour and pars a hole playing off 18 for three points and his opponent who plays off scratch birdies the same hole also gaining three points who has the honour at the following hole?
          twitter
          moneybookers

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
            Cleaned out the gas oven earlier and now it's tripping the RCD, rang an electrician friend and he's confident the problem is the igniter is wet and to just give it time to dry out.

Anyone any experience of this? I've to cook for eight people on xmas day and I'm currently shitting myself.
            Your electrician is probably right 99% of the time.
            Very small chance you damaged it or done any permanent harm with water.
            Turn the heat in your kitchen up to dry it faster.
            twitter
            moneybookers

Comment

Originally posted by BallymoreChris View Post
              In a stableford competition if a player has the honour and pars a hole playing off 18 for three points and his opponent who plays off scratch birdies the same hole also gaining three points who has the honour at the following hole?
              It's the stroke score, not stableford score that counts towards the honour.

The guy who birdied has the next honour, regardless of points scored.

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
                It's the stroke score, not stableford score that counts towards the honour.

The guy who birdied has the next honour, regardless of points scored.
                Do you know of any documented set of rules I could get? - trying to settle a bet here.
                twitter
                moneybookers

Comment

Do you know of any documented set of rules I could get? - trying to settle a bet here.
                  Not sure if this is what you are looking for but it may help

Comment

Christmas recommendation, ignore the world and put on the headphones

Hey guys, hear is a sweet as remix over Biggie Small's track 'Can I Get Witcha'. The backing soundtrack fits perfectly creating a chilled out rap track. Hope...
                    Last edited by poprock; 21-12-14, 20:48.

Comment

The player who parred the hole has the honour
                      His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by Percy007 View Post
                        I honestly dont know what to make of you....
                        the draw is a perfect result for United after they drew yesterday! And my bet was over after the Tyne derby so a draw in LFC AFC was a nice consolation. Keeps Arsenal from gaining ground.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                          The NFC South making a complete mockery of the NFL playoff format. Fairly flawed that a team with a sub .500 win rate will make playoffs over others with far superior records, home draw too for added lol.
                          I think the last time it happened was 7-9 Seattle in 2010 and in the end they were the only Divisional winner to get a win in wildcard weekend!
                          At least in the NFL it tends to be selfcorrecting and/or cyclical - theres every chance that in two years the NFC South will have 3 teams with positive records.

Comment

Tipp senior football county final was only played today. Ended in a draw lol. Replay next Sunday, dry old Christmas for the lads then

Comment

...Loving this moment with B.O.D ...he's actually on the verge of crying right now...

Comment

...It would be funny if Rory comes second in this award...

Comment

This has been a fact that it was going to happen for a few weeks now so old news.

Wouldn't say the NFL are too upset about it as the division has been very relevant for the last couples of weeks.

Comment

Booking flights to Hawaii for honeymoon and have the option of 21.5hrs economy class flight which is 2 stops from Dublin, one in Heathrow and one in LAX. Would arrive in Maui at 10PM.

Second option is first class on 2 legs and business on 2 legs so 3 stops but with an 8-9 hour night layover in LAX making the total trip 33 hours and arriving in Maui at 11AM the following day.

Both flights are using points so basically getting the first class flights cheaper than I would if I paid for them through skyscanner or whatever. Is there anything to do in LAX on an 8 hour stop-over?
                                    Last edited by digiman; 21-12-14, 23:28.

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                                      This has been a fact that it was going to happen for a few weeks now so old news.

Wouldn't say the NFL are too upset about it as the division has been very relevant for the last couples of weeks.
                                      Not it hasn't, It only became certain today that the winner would have a losing record, Saints could've gone 8-8.

It's relevant for all the wrong reasons though imo, should be a blanket rule that if you've a losing record you can't progress and your place as divisional winners goes to the top wildcard from that conference. Can't see any reasonable argument that The Panthers are more deserved of a place in the playoffs over Eagles who will prob be eliminated with a 10-6 record.
                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Not it hasn't, It only became certain today that the winner would have a losing record, Saints could've gone 8-8.

It's relevant for all the wrong reasons though imo, should be a blanket rule that if you've a losing record you can't progress and your place as divisional winners goes to the top wildcard from that conference. Can't see any reasonable argument that The Panthers are more deserved of a place in the playoffs over Eagles who will prob be eliminated with a 10-6 record.
                                        Thems the rules. Eagles beat the wrong teams. Divisional games are more important.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                          Tipp senior football county final was only played today. Ended in a draw lol. Replay next Sunday, dry old Christmas for the lads then
                                          Someone I know down there told me this and I still can't believe it. Leinster football championship is over already. Mad stuff.
                                          You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                          World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Same happens in all US sports pretty much. In the NBA you have shitty eastern conference teams making the playoffs with some very good western teams who would challenge near the top of the east not even making the playoffs. Will happen again this year. And in the MLB you have weak and strong divisions. Doesn't make sense to me either. I think the best teams should make the playoffs and the conference/divisional separations are pointless and arbitrary

Comment

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
                                              Same happens in all US sports pretty much. In the NBA you have shitty eastern conference teams making the playoffs with some very good western teams who would challenge near the top of the east not even making the playoffs. Will happen again this year. And in the MLB you have weak and strong divisions. Doesn't make sense to me either. I think the best teams should make the playoffs and the conference/divisional separations are pointless and arbitrary
                                              Basketball/Baseball are kind of different as everyone plays 150 regular season games and you can judge their overall ability as they face a wider range of opponents.

Whereas NFL is just a 16 game regular season so its plausible that the NFC South teams were just unlucky to be up against the nut worst intra/inter conference setup possible this season, and then proceeded to split the inter divisional games perfectly leading to the winners having a neg record. Mathemetically its possible that a division could be the 4th/5th strongest yet have a negative record champion.

(Interestingly I was on the opposite side of the argument 4 years ago and thought Seattle shouldn't have been in the playoffs. )

Comment

Sickpuppy is all puppy. bfg. loves a bear hug just like Damo.
                                                Last night's G5 meeting went great.

Nightcrew, present yourselves.
                                                X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                                  Sickpuppy is all puppy. bfg. loves a bear hug just like Damo.
                                                  Last night's G5 meeting went great.

Nightcrew, present yourselves.
                                                  Hugs are great
                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                    Hugs are great
                                                    /brohug

hotspur hasn't seen die hard

Comment

just finished watching this movie. Unsure if I am too sober or too drunk to understand wtf was going on it ...........

SPOILER
                                                      Last edited by LuckyLloyd; 22-12-14, 11:12.

Comment

Hi drunkenone

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                          Its on Stephens day now. Im not sure I can deal with how mental the town will be if they win.

Have you had any look at Waterford yet this year? My cousin is after getting three runs this year. Id be interested in hearing your thoughts on him although unlikely you have been to any of the games. John Morrissey is his name.
                                                          Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                            Basketball/Baseball are kind of different as everyone plays 150 regular season games and you can judge their overall ability as they face a wider range of opponents.

Whereas NFL is just a 16 game regular season so its plausible that the NFC South teams were just unlucky to be up against the nut worst intra/inter conference setup possible this season, and then proceeded to split the inter divisional games perfectly leading to the winners having a neg record. Mathemetically its possible that a division could be the 4th/5th strongest yet have a negative record champion.

(Interestingly I was on the opposite side of the argument 4 years ago and thought Seattle shouldn't have been in the playoffs. )
                                                            In both baseball and basketball you play a higher proportion of your games against your divisional rivals and then other conference rivals so it's still very lopsided. For example a team in the NBA who would have a .500 record in the west would probably be a .600+ team in the east. The 9th placed team in the west last year(phoenix) would have finished 3rd in the east, and possible higher considering the all round weaker opponents they would be more regularly facing

Comment

There's teams with slimmer mathematical chance of making Wildcard week with a guaranteed away match that are shorter in the Super bowl outright betting than Falcons/Panthers which tells you everything you need to know about the quality of the NFC South. If you watched much of them this season you'd know that a fixture anomaly argument is super tenuous.
                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

You can win the Champions League without being Champions of your own league !!

Same shit, different country.

Once the rules are transparent then its all cool.

/different topic

Anyone know of any xmas Carol singing xmas eve between 3pm to 6pm (ish).

Ta

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                  different topic

Anyone know of any xmas Carol singing xmas eve between 3pm to 6pm (ish).

Ta
                                                                  usually some outside the Mansion House at that time. Ruined my chat with Mr & Mrs Dice a few years back.
                                                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

These are the days when 'working' in the city centre comes into its own. Shopping, boozing, eating with most colleagues either gone or too busy doing the same to care. Ho ho ho.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                      usually some outside the Mansion House at that time. Ruined my chat with Mr & Mrs Dice a few years back.
                                                                      LOL.

cheers, might give that a shot. As per usual leaving everything til the last minute !!

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                                                                        Its on Stephens day now. Im not sure I can deal with how mental the town will be if they win.

Have you had any look at Waterford yet this year? My cousin is after getting three runs this year. Id be interested in hearing your thoughts on him although unlikely you have been to any of the games. John Morrissey is his name.
                                                                        Afraid not, valuable match day passes need to be kept for league and championship games this season. Not that I anticipate many championship games

Comment

DCU is empty today. Bloody public sector wasters.

Comment

Originally posted by digiman View Post
                                                                            Booking flights to Hawaii for honeymoon and have the option of 21.5hrs economy class flight which is 2 stops from Dublin, one in Heathrow and one in LAX. Would arrive in Maui at 10PM.

Second option is first class on 2 legs and business on 2 legs so 3 stops but with an 8-9 hour night layover in LAX making the total trip 33 hours and arriving in Maui at 11AM the following day.

Both flights are using points so basically getting the first class flights cheaper than I would if I paid for them through skyscanner or whatever. Is there anything to do in LAX on an 8 hour stop-over?
                                                                            It's your honeymoon, you will have acces to a lounge... The hours will fly by
                                                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                              It's your honeymoon, you will have acces to a lounge... The hours will fly by
                                                                              Finish your well you

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                                                                                just finished watching this movie. Unsure if I am too sober or too drunk to understand wtf was going on it ...........

SPOILER
                                                                                It's all about Freud. From wikipedia:

Michael Atkinson reads Jeffrey as an innocent youth who is both horrified by the violence inflicted by Frank, but also tempted by it as the means of possessing Dorothy for himself. Atkinson takes a Freudian approach to the film; considering it to be an expression of the traumatised innocence which characterises Lynch's work. He claims that "Dorothy represents the sexual force of the mother [figure] because she is forbidden and because she becomes the object of the unhealthy, infantile impulses at work in Jeffrey's subconscious".
                                                                                Last edited by AndyFatBastard; 22-12-14, 10:58.
                                                                                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Anyone know who the guy who sings the second verse at 1:05 is here?

check out http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Pictage-ireland/165314410158359

Comment

Originally posted by digiman View Post

Would you not be better off arriving at 10pm to get the full next day to start the honeymoon (ahem, it should have started!) rather than the 1st day being a write off after arriving at 11am?

Comment

Can someone put that video in NSFW tags please

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSImsOKDa2o
                                                                                        Who ever he is he has a cracking voice for traditional style music.
                                                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                          Who ever he is he has a cracking voice for traditional style music.
                                                                                          Puts all the rest of them to absolute shame really.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                            There you go.

[NSFW=""]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mY1uYbueymU[/NSFW]

Comment

Yah
                                                                                              "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSImsOKDa2o
                                                                                                According to the comments section on the video Simon Byrne.
                                                                                                "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight View Post
                                                                                                  Would you not be better off arriving at 10pm to get the full next day to start the honeymoon (ahem, it should have started!) rather than the 1st day being a write off after arriving at 11am?
                                                                                                  Have held a booking for the shortest flights, would rather make the most of the time in Hawaii than in first class.

Comment

Don't forget to confuse any of your hilarious friends that roll out the classic: 'grand stretch in the evenings' later by asking them if it took a week for them to notice.

Comment

There's teams with slimmer mathematical chance of making Wildcard week with a guaranteed away match that are shorter in the Super bowl outright betting than Falcons/Panthers which tells you everything you need to know about the quality of the NFC South. If you watched much of them this season you'd know that a fixture anomaly argument is super tenuous.
                                                                                                      Only the Chargers fit that category from what I can see.

Comment

On the American Football front im not as up on it as others here but is the Oregon vs FS game on New Years day not going to be pretty epic as games go? 2 Heisman winners against each other and FS going in as underdogs with a 29 game win streak.
                                                                                                        Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

On the American Football front im not as up on it as others here but is the Oregon vs FS game on New Years day not going to be pretty epic as games go? 2 Heisman winners against each other and FS going in as underdogs with a 29 game win streak.
                                                                                                          Should be a really good game.

Oregon have an explosive offense and have scored 40 points in all but two games this season. Have one loss but beat Arizona by a landslide later in the season.

FS are on an amazing unbeaten run but have limped to a lot of their wins this season but have found a way to get it done everytime.

2 QBs is the big story probably picks 1 and 2 in the draft next year.

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                                                                                                            Should be a really good game.

Oregon have an explosive offense and have scored 40 points in all but two games this season. Have one loss but beat Arizona by a landslide later in the season.

FS are on an amazing unbeaten run but have limped to a lot of their wins this season but have found a way to get it done everytime.

2 QBs is the big story probably picks 1 and 2 in the draft next year.
                                                                                                            Winston surely has to be a worry to any NFL club with all the negative publicity lately.
                                                                                                            Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Winston surely has to be a worry to any NFL club with all the negative publicity lately.
                                                                                                              100% major character issues. But he has serious talent. Its likely to be Tampa and Tennessee at the top of the draft both desperate for QB help so one of them will probably take a punt on him.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                                Don't forget to confuse any of your hilarious friends that roll out the classic: 'grand stretch in the evenings' later by asking them if it took a week for them to notice.
                                                                                                                You've confused me
                                                                                                                Today is the shortest day of the year, but it doesn't follow that mornings will start getting brighter from now on.
                                                                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

sorry

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                                    It's in your article! The earliest sunset in Dublin was over a week ago.

Comment

Thats some sad news coming from Glasgow atm, a bin lorry crashed into pedestrians and could be up to 6 killed.
                                                                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Sean Quinn back at the helm. What a sham.

SEAN Quinn will return to work at the business he built into a multi-billion-euro industrial group and dramatically lost control of, following its sale to a group led by business leaders in the border region.
                                                                                                                        Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                                                                          Sean Quinn back at the helm. What a sham.

http://www.independent.ie/business/i...-30854995.html
                                                                                                                          Doesn't sound like 'back at the helm' but yes, wtf indeed

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X