• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Owwwww my heart.

Comment

Glen Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by Walter Mitty View Post
        Is Falcao, as good as he can be, as good as Aguero?
        No, if Kun could go injury free for a prolonged spell he'd be #1 in the league but alas he's always pulling muscles.
        Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by NiceandcoolTrig View Post
          Is soccer the most boring sport to watch? Possibly influenced by that dross after KK Tipp today but watch less and less the older I get. Lack of scores is really a killer. Easiest to play but can't hack watching it at all these days.
          Eh, did you see any of the world cup games? Excitement, unpredictability, broken spines, flying dutchmen, nazi german dominance, fucking had everything dude.

Comment

Who is? In your opinion
            Aguero.

Yaya too probably. Means so much to his team.

Comment

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Comment

Is Di Maria now the best player in the premier league? I know its hard to say because he hasn't played, but based on what he's done previous, i think its fair to say? Am i wrong?
                Di Maria or Aguero I suppose. Falcao possibly too. I'd put Yaya Toure up there too but he wouldn't get mentioned in that bracket too often. Kompany too, but then you're in the grey area of comparing players in different positions.

In short, yes.
                Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                  No it isn't but WP

Germany will top the group, most likely dropping v little points. Any points gained by our rivals for 2nd place against them is not good. It's very basic stuff CHD.
                  Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
                    Di Maria or Aguero I suppose. Falcao possibly too. I'd put Yaya Toure up there too but he wouldn't get mentioned in that bracket too often. Kompany too, but then you're in the grey area of comparing players in different positions.

In short, yes.
                    Actually tbh, Yaya Toure probably isn't quite up there yet. He's still an unfinished player and not totally rounded for his position, whereas the other players are fairly complete players in their respective positions.

So Di Maria, Aguero, Falcao, Kompany imo. Probably in that order but it's close.
                    Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Portugal lol

Comment

Heading to India in mid-October and only thought about looking into Tourist Visa and getting vaccination shots done now. Anything else I haven't thought of along those lines? Could've easily ended up in the airport and screwed for not thinking of these now.

Also any tips of things to do in Goa/Delhi would be appreciated.

Comment

Germany throwing away the win against Sweden in the last group really screwed us. I know as it happened, we fucked it up ourselves, but after Sweden got that extra point, any realistic permutations always had us coming up short because of that point Sweden got.
                          Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Chd why you so anti situation re football? He seems.on the ball to me, pun intended

Comment

Was looking at my ice-bucket challenge video, which was more of a buckets of seawater challenge actually, due to the fact that I did it on the local beach and there was no ice involved, and I realized that some semi naked bird totally video bombed me. I had already edited that part out because my friend who filmed it was doing the obligatory "is this thing recording" shite so I posted the video starting after the incident.

Not 100% sure if yer wan in the backround did it on purpose, have a feeling that she did though, thought's on posting the un-edited version?
                              Last edited by gorrrr72; 07-09-14, 20:36.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                Germany will top the group, most likely dropping v little points. Any points gained by our rivals for 2nd place against them is not good. It's very basic stuff CHD.
                                If Germany dropped points today they would have come out all guns blazing vs poland which is good for us as they are our rivals to go through

Germany throwing away the win against Sweden in the last group really screwed us. I know as it happened, we fucked it up ourselves, but after Sweden got that extra point, any realistic permutations always had us coming up short because of that point Sweden got.
                                True but that is Sweden and this is Scotland. If Scotland finish ahead of us in any group we don't deserve to be there whatsoever anyway. Them dropping a point to Scotland is good for us

Also, FUCK YOU PORTUGAL!!! Promised myself I'd never bet on a team with Nani in it after the carling cup game vs chelsea years back and it has come to haunt me bye bye 1200
                                Go big or go homeless.

Comment

I usually skip past all the anti water charges stuff but this caught my attention.

Their 'data protection notice'.
                                  It reads as exactly the opposite of what the title implies, hand over all your personal info including your pps number and we'll give it to whoever we want.

Am I misinterpreting it, perhaps someone smarter than me can clarify?

Last edited by darwinatemyhamster; 07-09-14, 20:48.

Comment

Yep, with two+ qualifiers guaranteed from the group its definitely good if the strongest team beats everyone (except you ideally) home and away. Different when theres less than 2 qualifiers as in a WC qualifying group.

Comment

Bucs-7.5, lions -5.5, broncos-8.5, 9ers -5.5

Little mug vet for evening
                                      airport, lol

Comment

Someone needs to feed hammy.
                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Ants are awesome, forming a daisy chain to pull larger prey

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by shano1888 View Post
                                                Portugal lol
                                                They really are awful at qualifiers.

Comment

The Head Chef in my work is moving to Dublin and been trying to find somewhere to rent near Blanch as his wife will be working in Pennys there and they only have one car.

Anyone in the Letting trade or know anyone? He been trying for weeks and having no luck.

Comment

Apparently you are technically not allowed to retire from only international football according to FIFA's rules:
                                                    The latest football news, transfer news, rumours and speculation from TEAMtalk. Plus press conference updates, expert opinion and more.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                      You said it is terrible for us. It simply isn't. We are going out to beat them home and away. It is the start of the campaign. It is not terrible. Germany will drop points. Hopefully we can take 1 off them and have the fall back of a possible automatic 3rd qualifier.

You can assume Germany win all their games and Scotland do us by a point all you want. Right now it isn't terrible. Its actually encouraging.

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
                                                      Chd why you so anti situation re football? He seems.on the ball to me, pun intended
                                                      I wasn't being against him there. He is presuming we are in a battle for a playoff already. It's only the beginning.

Comment

I have re-read certain passages from his short stories and city of bohane so many times. A gifted man.
                                                        Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                        Kevin Barry so much. Just caught another radio play of his on RTE there:

I am so envious of the language of the West of Ireland.
                                                        Oh great looking forward to that.

I started reading the short stories yesterday and I actually got giddy at how great the first two were.
                                                        I was going to type o out that line in the first one when the girls walk into the pool hall as bring ... I font know hard to overstate how great he is.
                                                        Alsl I lol'd when I got the maloney / finkel concept into my mind
                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Apparently you are technically not allowed to retire from only international football according to FIFA's rules:
                                                          http://www.teamtalk.com/news/2483/94...ts-France-call
                                                          classic. This has never been mentioned before but when France's best player retires Platini tells him he can't.
                                                          Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

It was cool watching the game today in a random pub on Newcastle and ending up with a decent crowd of locals and runners engrossed in it by the end.
                                                            Sound was down and I had marty on the radio a half sec ahead of the screen
                                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                              You said it is terrible for us. It simply isn't. We are going out to beat them home and away. It is the start of the campaign. It is not terrible. Germany will drop points. Hopefully we can take 1 off them and have the fall back of a possible automatic 3rd qualifier.

You can assume Germany win all their games and Scotland do us by a point all you want. Right now it isn't terrible. Its actually encouraging.

I wasn't being against him there. He is presuming we are in a battle for a playoff already. It's only the beginning.
                                                              Love the optimism but so so wrong.

Comment

If it was Italy or England or Portugal, Scotland getting a point may be good for Ireland. It's Germany though, and Germany are going to finish top of the group. For that reason, it's better if Germany beat Scotland. But it doesn't really matter. As it has been said, if we're not getting 6 points against Scotland, we're not in good shape anyway.

Similar to today, how getting a point against the 5th best team in the group (I assume Scotland are ranked ahead of Georgia) could be considered good I don't know.
                                                                Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

One Bourbon, one Scotch and one beer.
                                                                  Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                    Oh great looking forward to that.

I started reading the short stories yesterday and I actually got giddy at how great the first two were.
                                                                    I was going to type o out that line in the first one when the girls walk into the pool hall as bring ... I font know hard to overstate how great he is.
                                                                    Alsl I lol'd when I got the maloney / finkel concept into my mind
                                                                    'Shot Jamesie'...

You are in for a real treat with the rest of them. Some of the stories from Dark Lies The Island, his second compilation stayed with me for months after I read them

Comment

Scotland were better than us today

Comment

Prefer name Scotland too. Great name really. When you contemplate it (@Rig)

Comment

Is Di Maria now the best player in the premier league? I know its hard to say because he hasn't played, but based on what he's done previous, i think its fair to say? Am i wrong?
                                                                          Cesc Fabregas

Comment

classic. This has never been mentioned before but when France's best player retires Platini tells him he can't.
                                                                            The rule has been used by France before, google stuff like 'Domenech Makalele slave rule' for background.

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
                                                                              Prefer name Scotland too. Great name really. When you contemplate it (@Rig)

Scotland

Land of the Scots

Land of the Scoti

Scoti the Gaels as known by the Romans

The Gaels according to the Romans were basically us

Scotland = land of the Irish (ish)

consider it contemplated

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                Saw some stuff on that yesterday from the anti-water crowd. It's really not the angle they should be going down campaign-wise as any legalise terms&conditions are probably (almost certainly) fine. They should stick to the 'how dare you charge us for water in a rainy country' stuff.

A lot of the people trying to use the angle have already signed hundreds of similar contracts e.g. in their email, facebook. This is probably the first time they've ever read any terms&conditions.
                                                                                You''re probably right that they''ve signed off on this countless times in the past but now that it's been highlighted is it not a bit suspect?
                                                                                They actually mention handing over data to marketing companies.

And what't this credit check stuff about, are there families going to be deprived of water due to bad credit ratings?
                                                                                I'm not really against the charges and I'm not wearing a tinfoil hat but I'm not really comfortable supplying my details under those conditions. What will likely happen if I refuse to hand over my life story?
                                                                                Last edited by darwinatemyhamster; 07-09-14, 21:56.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                  The rule has been used by France before, google stuff like 'Domenech Makalele slave rule' for background.
                                                                                  I guess we know the real reason Given is back so
                                                                                  Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

If Raheem Sterling keeps on progressing at the rate he has done for the last nine months he might trouble the favourites. Unlikely he'd get the official gong no matter how well he plays but young player of the year is a nap barring injury. The lad's gonna be a star.

Comment

Cesc Fabregas
                                                                                      Originally posted by darwinatemyhamster View Post
                                                                                      If Raheem Sterling keeps on progressing at the rate he has done for the last nine months he might trouble the favourites. Unlikely he'd get the official gong no matter how well he plays but young player of the year is a nap barring injury. The lad's gonna be a star.
                                                                                      We wouldn't even be having this conversation if Arsenal didn't release Lord Bendtner.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                        We wouldn't even be having this conversation if Arsenal didn't release Lord Bendtner.
                                                                                        I presumed that was implied.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                          You're in for a treat so. When you get through There are Little Kingdoms, his next collection Dark Lies the Island is even darker.

Have you read Donal Ryan's The Spinning Heart and The Thing about December? There are similarities between them. Ryan is such an amazing capturer of psychological states with a single sentence that when I read him I literally have to put down the book every few minutes to process the impact of one of his sentences.

Comment

You are in for a real treat with the rest of them. Some of the stories from Dark Lies The Island, his second compilation stayed with me for months after I read them
                                                                                            You're in for a treat so. When you get through There are Little Kingdoms, his next collection Dark Lies the Island is even darker.
                                                                                            Hadn't got to your post before replying to Strewelpeter, that is an eerily similar response. And, ergo, a correct and well informed one

Comment

Lucky escape today for a biker on the M7.

This too shall pass.

Comment

Hadn't got to your post before replying to Strewelpeter, that is an eerily similar response. And, ergo, a correct and well informed one
                                                                                                Everybody that I have spoken to about him has been frantically enthusiastic so I guess its not that surprising.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                                  Lucky escape today for a biker on the M7.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHG-oPPdZl4
                                                                                                  Is the car at fault trying to overtake in the left lane or did he lose control? Looks like he was trying to overtake to me.
                                                                                                  Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Is the car at fault trying to overtake in the left lane or did he lose control? Looks like he was trying to overtake to me.
                                                                                                    Silver car just sitting in the overtaking lane and car came up way too fast, typical tailgating and driving in the overtaking lane.
                                                                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

HSE buy Mount Carmel site. How can the HSE justify paying that price for the site, it's only valued at that because you can stick 60-70 residential units on it. Prob worth 20% of that figure to keep it as a hospital (which needs to be refurbished extensively) in its current form. Bizarre it seems. Sunday night not the time for these queries

Comment

Im getting myself a dash cam.

Anyone any recommendations ?
                                                                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Silver car just sitting in the overtaking lane and car came up way too fast, typical tailgating and driving in the overtaking lane.
                                                                                                          Tipp fans sure, what do you expect.
                                                                                                          Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Tipp fans sure, what do you expect.
                                                                                                            Probably sneaking a hang sandwich

Comment

Hotspur is all kinds of awesome!

Comment

Quick look at the season 4 recap for boardwalk, pretty excited now
                                                                                                                airport, lol

Comment

Playing online scrabble and some black dude with a picture of him being all gangster is playing like a scrabble master. I said it to him in chat and he says things like ''I kno cheat wat u meen''.

What kind of idiots cheat at online scrabble. The planet needs a human cull.

Comment

Does anybody here have a UFC Fight club code membership/code that they aren't using (for UFC Sydney)

Comment

Im getting myself a dash cam.

Anyone any recommendations ?
                                                                                                                      Picked this up and a 16GB card for < €50.

We shall see what its like next week.
                                                                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Alarm set for 6:50am...it's been a while. Gn all
                                                                                                                        Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Alarm set for 6:50am...it's been a while. Gn all
                                                                                                                          nite m8

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X