Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jaysus. ..... Why did I ever think that 4.40 am was a good time to book the NCT test. Not even a coffee machine here. Worse than a hospital waiting room.

We also have stayed in the Premier Inn, in the Titanic quarter, was grand, but just don't go looking for a late night drink. No late bar or residents bar. 11 pm the shutters come down.

Comment

1/2 way through that Ready Player one Book - thanks for recommending it, its awesome

Comment

Less than 2 weeks left to sign up for the Fantasy Football league folks, as much as I love your penchant for leaving everything until 11.25 on the Saturday the league kicks off it makes my life much more bearable if you can sign up in advance

I'm expecting big things this year! Sign up through the link in my signature and watch the €€€'s roll in
        Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Todays the day when the IPB community can finally start planning their entry for the top English Premier League competition.
            Yes the Predictions Competition is now open and selections can be entered.

Just 13 days until the start, please don't be an unlucky one who misses out.
            Last edited by ArmaniJeans; 27-07-15, 09:33.

Comment

Broke the screen on my nexus 4 dam. Anyone that get a invite for a oneplus2 and don't need
              It. I will take it. Please.

Comment

In a shocking development, going back to a job you dislike after 3 weeks off is rather depressing.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                  In a shocking development, going back to a job you dislike after 3 weeks off is rather depressing.
                  Herself is back today after 3 months off. She is dreading it. I'm off today

Comment

The Titanic exhibition isn't all that tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                      What were you hoping for? I thought it was good.

Comment

Originally posted by Frossach View Post
                        Broke the screen on my nexus 4 dam. Anyone that get a invite for a oneplus2 and don't need
                        It. I will take it. Please.
                        OnePlus 2 is only being released today by all accounts lots more phones than last year but reckon it might be hard to get one of the first batch.
                        "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                          What were you hoping for? I thought it was good.
                          Grand total of zero original artefacts was disappointing. The bits around the history of Belfast was interesting but overall I was underwhelmed by it.

Comment

Got contacted about providing a photograph for the upcoming Daniel Negreanu documentary, this was on Saturday evening and they get back onto me last night "urgently" needing the photo as they all have to be in today for their delivery deadline sure it's not like the thing has been in production for months, TILT!

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                              One of my mates came back from honey moon and had to start into work the next day since he had no more holidays to take.

His wife is a teacher so she had a few months to recover from jet lag. Sickened

Comment

I was in the building it's on in and still didn't bother going. Justified!

Comment

Comment

Does David Drumm have the exact same voice as Brendan Gleeson?

Drumm from 17 seconds
                                    Short clip of David Drumm, former CEO of Anglo Irish Bank, explaining Ireland's economic miracle as "demographics".

Gleeson from 30
                                    Veteran actor Brendan Gleeson was in the red chair to talk about what it was like being in the film The Grand Seduction.George Stroumboulopoulos Tonight airs...

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                      One of my mates came back from honey moon and had to start into work the next day since he had no more holidays to take.

His wife is a teacher so she had a few months to recover from jet lag. Sickened
                                      My wife is a teacher too

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                      Burritos & Blues for lunch and you'll be grand.
                                      Soup and salad. I'm as bloated as a dead body that's been in the water for a month.

Comment

Sky Movies doing some Tom Cruise season as part of the hype for his new flick.

Watched Magnolia and Eyes Wide Shut by accident while flicking. Had seen before TBF.

Going back over his filmography, as creepy as the fecker is, he has done some outstanding work and is arguably the Hollywood's GOAT lead guy.
                                        Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                          OnePlus 2 is only being released today by all accounts lots more phones than last year but reckon it might be hard to get one of the first batch.
                                          Yes I know hope to get one. I would wait a month or two.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                            Sky Movies doing some Tom Cruise season as part of the hype for his new flick.

Watched Magnolia and Eyes Wide Shut by accident while flicking. Had seen before TBF.

Going back over his filmography, as creepy as the fecker is, he has done some outstanding work and is arguably the Hollywood's GOAT lead guy.
                                            Was thinking of the flip side of this recently actors/actress who are A list but shouldn't really be, Jessica Alba would be considered A list but if you look at her body of work it's pretty awful.

Tom Cruise is top tier movie star if only he could shake off this Scientology stuff, going to an advanced preview of the new Mission Impossible tonight in the Savoy, haven't been in that cinema in ages.

Comment

If you were 6, would you think it was cool?
                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                Work colleague brought her 13 and 7 year old , teenager found it good kid was bored out of his mind .

Comment

brought my kids there when they were 7 and 5. they liked it without being blown over. we enjoyed it though

Also took them to W5, which is one of the best interactive science museums i've ever been to. We stayed there 4 hours, and still had to drag the kids out as they didn't want to leave.

Comment

Tom Cruise is top tier movie star if only he could shake off this Scientology stuff, going to an advanced preview of the new Mission Impossible tonight in the Savoy, haven't been in that cinema in ages.
                                                    Get the fucking boat. Tom Cruise is an annoying little prick who has minimal acting talent. All he has is that one smirk / smile that makes you want to punch him in the face.

If I ever met him, I'd happily drop down to my knees so we'd both be on the same level as I punched him square in the face repeatedly

Comment

going back over his filmography, as creepy as the fecker is, he has done some outstanding work and is arguably the Hollywood's GOAT lead guy.
                                                      He's no James Cagney

Comment

Got contacted about providing a photograph for the upcoming Daniel Negreanu documentary, this was on Saturday evening and they get back onto me last night "urgently" needing the photo as they all have to be in today for their delivery deadline sure it's not like the thing has been in production for months, TILT!
                                                        Did you miss the opportunity or are you in time to reply? Today is only starting there now.
                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

I don't think Cruise is much of an actor he has been in two worthwhile films and Wombatman names both of them. He kind of lets Eyes Wide Shut down with his woodenness but tbh thats something the I think Kubrick was looking for a bit like the way he used Ryan O'Neill in Barry Lyndon.
                                                          OK he is off the wall brilliant in Magnolia but after that what else have you got other than anodyne performances in big budget movies that made loads of money?

Looking at his IMDB its amazing that he has been in so few movies and how many of those were hugely successful.

Comment

An Italian man has today pleaded not guilty to murdering well-known religious affairs writer Tom O’Gorman.

Today, the Central Criminal Court heard it was dealing with an insanity case.

Under Irish law, if someone is considered to have committed an offence but was insane at the time, the verdict may be not guilty by reason of insanity - but this decision has to be made by a jury.

Seven men and five women were sworn in to hear the two-day trial, which is due to get underway later this week.
                                                            Detention indefinitely in psychiatric hospital if not guilty?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                OK he is off the wall brilliant in Magnolia but after that what else have you got other than anodyne performances in big budget movies that made loads of money?
                                                                Legend
                                                                Top Gun
                                                                Rain Man
                                                                Born on the Fourth of July
                                                                A Few Good Men
                                                                Jerry Maguire
                                                                Vanilla Sky
                                                                Minority Report
                                                                Collateral
                                                                Tropic Thunder
                                                                Edge of Tomorrow

Comment

Legend
                                                                  Top Gun
                                                                  Rain Man
                                                                  A Few Good Men
                                                                  Jerry Maguire
                                                                  Vanilla Sky
                                                                  Minority Report
                                                                  Collateral
                                                                  Tropic Thunder
                                                                  Edge of Tomorrow
                                                                  eyes wide shut
                                                                  interview with a vampire
                                                                  color of money

Comment

Tom Cruise is a gimp, but some of his films are cash cows. The Mission Impossible franchise scores stupid money.

Tom Cruise (Leading Actor) - Movie Box Office Performance Summary and Breakdown

Comment

Almost all of those that I saw and liked enough to care about it seems to me were good despite him rather than because of him.

eyes wide shut
                                                                      interview with a vampire
                                                                      color of money
                                                                      Legend
                                                                      Top Gun
                                                                      Rain Man
                                                                      A Few Good Men
                                                                      Jerry Maguire
                                                                      Vanilla Sky

Minority Report
                                                                      Collateral
                                                                      Tropic Thunder
                                                                      Edge of Tomorrow

Comment

hon the north!!

X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Decided to re-read this comic from a FW years back

Then came accross a few others by the same artists

What a stupid decision before bed. Bring on the nightmares.

Comment

Legend
                                                                            Top Gun
                                                                            Rain Man
                                                                            A Few Good Men
                                                                            Jerry Maguire
                                                                            Vanilla Sky
                                                                            Minority Report
                                                                            Collateral
                                                                            Tropic Thunder
                                                                            Edge of Tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                              Almost all of those that I saw and liked enough to care about it seems to me were good despite him rather than because of him.

eyes wide shut
                                                                              interview with a vampire
                                                                              color of money
                                                                              Legend
                                                                              Top Gun
                                                                              Rain Man
                                                                              A Few Good Men
                                                                              Jerry Maguire
                                                                              Vanilla Sky

Minority Report
                                                                              Collateral
                                                                              Tropic Thunder
                                                                              Edge of Tomorrow
                                                                              he was an integral part of those movies, which doesn't mean to say they wouldn't have been enjoyable if his characters had been played by someone else.

I'm not a cruise fanboy, but he is a very capable actor. His performances are never greater than the movies he stars in, but he is almost always spot on.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                he was an integral part of those movies, which doesn't mean to say they wouldn't have been enjoyable if his characters had been played by someone else.

I'm not a cruise fanboy, but he is a very capable actor. His performances are never greater than the movies he stars in, but he is almost always spot on.
                                                                                Born on the Fourth of July is a great movie and his performance carries it completely in a challenging role.

Comment

I see today is the official launch date of the One Plus Two. A few things have been leaked so far like its amazing 4GB of Ram but all will be revealed shortly. Link below.

SPOILER

Anyway I plan on buying as soon as i get an invite, happy to share here once i get some invites. So far i have signed up to the reservation list here. https://oneplus.net/uk/invites

Anyone else plan to buy?

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

Need a guy to play a role in between Brad Pit and Bruce Willis better get Tom Cruise. That gap is massive and seriously lucrative.

He sometimes showed he could do a bit more but other times a lot less. The last Samurai, Knight and Day (watched half of this recently - shudder) and far and away to name just a few. Also Jerry maguire was Cuba Gooding jnr's film which I think people forget. Cruise gets a lot of credit for people giving a shit about Gooding becoming sound likewise a few good men was all about Jack Nicholson stealing the show scene.

Comment

...

Comment

Need BBV help. Who is the guy on Frankie Boyles twitter avatar? I know I know but cant recall who and where from https://twitter.com/frankieboyle?lang=en

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                                                                                          Need BBV help. Who is the guy on Frankie Boyles twitter avatar? I know I know but cant recall who and where from https://twitter.com/frankieboyle?lang=en
                                                                                          Right click on the Avatar & select option "search google for this image" - Its Joaquin Phoenix in Inherent Vice

Comment

Need a guy to play a role in between Brad Pit and Bruce Willis better get Tom Cruise. That gap is massive and seriously lucrative.

He sometimes showed he could do a bit more but other times a lot less. The last Samurai, Knight and Day (watched half of this recently - shudder) and far and away to name just a few. Also Jerry maguire was Cuba Gooding jnr's film which I think people forget. Cruise gets a lot of credit for people giving a shit about Gooding becoming sound likewise a few good men was all about Jack Nicholson stealing the show scene.
                                                                                            Those films weren't rubbish because of him, they were just plain shite . noone could have saved them.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                                                                I see today is the official launch date of the One Plus Two. A few things have been leaked so far like its amazing 4GB of Ram but all will be revealed shortly. Link below.

SPOILER

Anyway I plan on buying as soon as i get an invite, happy to share here once i get some invites. So far i have signed up to the reservation list here. https://oneplus.net/uk/invites

Anyone else plan to buy?
                                                                                                I think I should. My motog is running ridiculously slow and I have very little on it. I assume it is probably the new android update.

What is the price of the oneplus2?
                                                                                                Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                  Right click on the Avatar & select option "search google for this image" - Its Joaquin Phoenix in Inherent Vice
                                                                                                  weird. I was looking at latest dvd releases today on Love Film and 1st on list was Inherent Vice

edited as I first spelt weird as wierd...that old i before e except after c teaching years ago is hard to shake.
                                                                                                  Last edited by TheDrunkenOne; 27-07-15, 14:48.

Comment

Actually the Cruiser was very funny in Tropic Thunder.

Here he is doing his impersonation of Gimmeabreak.

Comment

Actually the Cruiser was very funny in Tropic Thunder.

Here he is doing his impersonation of Gimmeabreak.

https://youtu.be/kFz7rZY_DDI
                                                                                                      Speaking of GAB, himself & Corbett must have finally eloped did they?

Comment

Any ideas for good comps based on Premier League (not thanks Iago/AJ, not that one ) Basically group of around 30 here in offices who do last man standing, pontoon, etc for 5 or 10 quid and we are looking for a different competition this time. Something where you have to pick a team or goal scorer each week, that kind of thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post

SPOILER

Anyone else plan to buy?
                                                                                                          What is it looking like costing? was going to get the 1+1 but might just stump up for this.

I'll take an invite if there is one going and the phone is less than 400 quid!

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                                                            Any ideas for good comps based on Premier League (not thanks Iago/AJ, not that one ) Basically group of around 30 here in offices who do last man standing, pontoon, etc for 5 or 10 quid and we are looking for a different competition this time. Something where you have to pick a team or goal scorer each week, that kind of thing.
                                                                                                            Maybe liven LMS up a bit.
                                                                                                            We play it with lives (3 lives, lose 2 for a defeat, 1 for a draw) so that it lasts a bit longer than the standard game and has a wee bit more tictacs.
                                                                                                            Or you could reverse the concept, must pick a loser rather than a winner as going Chelsea, Arsenal, ManCity in order every time gets boring.
                                                                                                            Last edited by ArmaniJeans; 27-07-15, 15:49.

Comment

Anyone using Google music add on for kodi/xbmc?

All of a sudden it's giving me invalid credentials. Changed password still not working. Less secure apps is turned on. Any ideas?
                                                                                                              airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                                Yeah, it's gonna be pretty impressive. However, dont hold your breath on a dublin roll out
                                                                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                                                                  LMS in the Championship. They end a lot quicker.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                                                                                                                    I know Dice sorted it for you but a quick hack for reverse look-up of Google Images is to hold 'S' and right click.

Another mind blower is to hit ctrl shift esc to go directly to task manager instead of the ctrl alt del long way around.
                                                                                                                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

He sometimes showed he could do a bit more but other times a lot less. The last Samurai, Knight and Day (watched half of this recently - shudder) and far and away to name just a few.
                                                                                                                      The Last Samurai is one of my favourite films. I like quite like Tom Cruise.

Comment

Southpaw is pretty damn disappointing, thought the trailers looked good. Story never engages you at all and it tries way too hard with very forced tearjerky moments.
                                                                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Is KAT down for other Eircom customers?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X