Clear All

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
    Absolutely love that book. Great read.
    It's different, but odd as well.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
        Actually I found it as his new book is in the NY Times Bestseller list: Armada. Reviews don't look as good yet, but might be worth a glance.
        oooh cool, just got it there thanks!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
          Ten hours sleep in the bank and ready to rock and roll with the regular married life? - I guess ye were already living together so no big changes with the change of status
          Closer to 12 as we went to bed at 8.30, I'd say it took about 30 seconds to sleep. Wherever you are and no matter how good a time you are having, there is nothing like being in your own bed.

I'll be full on depressed later though I reckon with the prospect of going back to work.

Nah, nothing much will change on the home front I'd imagine, although the prospect of one of those children things might come up at some point. Until then though it's business as usual (or so I think anyhow).

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
            Absolutely love that book. Great read.
            I've been watching a few anime series about people trapped in VR worlds, seems to be a genre now. I really love it as a gamer.

For those that don't watch anime and would like to give it a whirl I would recommend Death Note. It's about a straight laced student that finds a notebook. If he writes somebodies name/how they die in the notebook it actually happens.
            It's about how he reacts to this and how the power gets to him. It's great.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
            Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 26-07-15, 09:58.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
              I've been watching a few anime series about people trapped in VR worlds, seems to be a genre now. I really love it as a gamer.

For those that don't watch anime and would like to give it a whirl I would recommend Death Note. It's about a straight laced student that finds a notebook. If he writes somebodies name/how they die in the notebook it actually happens.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6z4nOZZ-IE
              Cronenberg's take on the virtual world was pretty crazy also in Existenz

Comment

Other half barely talking to me here
                [IMG]
                Her sky-ness
                © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6z4nOZZ-IE
                  That's the only anime I've ever watched, really excellent, although I think it dips for a season towards the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                    This guy provides some theorizing 'bout that.

...Rolex Revolutionaries... Fidel Castro & Che Guevara A Story of A Lawyer & A Doctor Rolex GMT-Master Watches Over the ...

What would be our Oirish equivalent? Paul Murphy wearing Louis Copeland to the C1 chef's table?
                    Ming wearing his bespoke Louis Copeland to the dail?

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

What does Zlatan be thinking! Skip to 20 seconds for a good view.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                          That's the only anime I've ever watched, really excellent, although I think it dips for a season towards the end.
                          Yeah you are right, last one was much weaker than the superb start. My cat is named after one of the characters. There are tons of good anime, just hard to find what to watch.

Thing I like about it is they can make it about anything they can imagine, no constraints as it's just drawn.

Here is a cool one, not as intellectual as Death Note, about these titans (giant human like creatures) appearing that have no thoughts, they just eat people. Humanity has ended up nearly extinct trapped behind giant walls. The bad guys are fucking creepy.

Getting back into my anime buzz. I've never drawn anything in my life but started the other day with anime

I'm developing a problem

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                            What does Zlatan be thinking! Skip to 20 seconds for a good view.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzVTSwItoUA
                            Always been a cowardly scumbag bully.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                              Always been a cowardly scumbag bully.
                              Yeah we know that. But what do you think of Zlatan?

Comment

A movie called Pixels was released in North America last week and from the ads it looked awful, and the reviews seem to bear that out (Adam Sandler and Kevin James so no surprise), but the talk above of that Ready Player One book put it in mind. It's released here in a few weeks so the ads might start for it soon, but I can't imagine it'll do too well, or hopefully not at least.

Comment

Holy shit Quinoa and anime discussion in the BBV burn it to the ground.

P.S. Dobby I'm not that angry really. mostly just excited.
                                  Last edited by Zod; 26-07-15, 14:04.
                                  Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Mon dublin.

Comment

Jesus I deffo should have married Hitch. We would have been perfect together. Mojitos flowing down. No irish only brits here. I'm the only one half twisted , other half gone off somewhere with the child, left me alone ffs I could drown like!

May cop on from tomorrow lol
                                      Her sky-ness
                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                        Mon dublin.
                                        I'll have to let Kev post your catchphrase with the day that is in it.

Comment

We must organise a few pints at some stage. I haven't seen any of ye since the night I was out with Dr Dave

Comment

I'm sure that'll be his priority once he gets home from Semple.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                              Probably looking for signal as we speak m8

Comment

Shame to end it this way. Dublin put up a good effort but Waterford's class shone through in the second half.
                                                "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Hitting someone in the face intentionally with a weapon scum bag.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                    He'll probably get a 6 month inter county ban and be back in time for the start of the league.

Comment

Whoever sanctioned those shyte Rachel and Steve bank of ireland adverts should be skinned alive gimps.

Comment

Whoever sanctioned those shyte Rachel and Steve bank of ireland adverts should be skinned alive gimps.
                                                        It's Steve and Rachel.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                          We must organise a few pints at some stage. I haven't seen any of ye since the night I was out with Dr Dave
                                                          IBP Bogball supporters day out at Croker next Sunday?

Comment

Awaiting arrival of mudder in law on the Castlebar train and catching some hurling - ridiculous skill for that Galway goal.

Also had the pleasure, when I drove into the car park, of some wan blaring her horn and flashing her lights at me. Presumed she wanted to impart some wisdom so hopped out and was presented with a parking ticket valid until tomorrow evening. Hope for humanity yet imo.
                                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

#dublinsupremacy is a lifestyle, not a catchphrase.

Comment

#dublinsupremacy is a lifestyle, not a catchphrase.
                                                                It's a delusion m8

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                                                                  IBP Bogball supporters day out at Croker next Sunday?
                                                                  I have other entertaining commitments that day unfortunately.

Comment

If they are calling it 'Quinn Oh Ah' its ok but if its 'Kin Wah' we are indeed fucked
                                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                      Jesus I deffo should have married Hitch. We would have been perfect together. Mojitos flowing down. No irish only brits here. I'm the only one half twisted , other half gone off somewhere with the child, left me alone ffs I could drown like!

May cop on from tomorrow lol
                                                                      Do they do AA meetings on those islands?

Comment

He'll probably get a 6 month inter county ban and be back in time for the start of the league.
                                                                        Its funny because its true

Comment

I have other entertaining commitments that day unfortunately.
                                                                          Runnin scared... cool.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                            It's Steve and Rachel.
                                                                            Fuck Advertising
                                                                            It sickens me that I laughed at this.

Thats why whoever came up with it will have had their career made by that ad and you can expect to see a half dozen clones of it in the next few months...unless of course its already a direct rip off from another market which is probably an odds on chance.
                                                                            Last edited by Strewelpeter; 26-07-15, 16:08.

Comment

No idea what ad yizzer talking about...Developed a pretty good ability to tune them out entirely.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                No idea what ad yizzer talking about...Developed a pretty good ability to tune them out entirely.
                                                                                Only happened to catch that ad on a YouTube video when ad block slipped off. Having no TV channels is great, going back to suffer ads is torture
                                                                                airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                  Runnin scared... cool.
                                                                                  Are you actually going to turn up? lol

Comment

Are you actually going to turn up? lol
                                                                                    quoted for posterior.

TBH I think our lads would have preferred another crack at Dublin rather than running into ye at this stage.

Comment

What happened?. Worse than Blackie Connors hurley across the back style?

Comment

quoted for posterior.

TBH I think our lads would have preferred another crack at Dublin rather than running into ye at this stage.
                                                                                        LOL!!

Let's be absolutely clear about this: you beat a bad team. Was the 20+ beating we handed out last time not enough? Kerry will savage ye too. Kildare have reached their maximum level for the year. The reason I laughed at Cork yesterday is because Kildare are a very poor side and no division 1 side should lose to them. Ever.

But I'm sure Kildare would relish facing Dublin again. That's worked out so well for them the last few years.
                                                                                        You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                        World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Got up in the middle of the night to go to Belfast to do a triathlon. Got kicked to bits in the swim, when I got up on the bike I slipped off and landed on the bump below my knee that was still sore from being knocked off the bike a few weeks ago. That swelled up to the size of an apple then the really heavy rain and wind started, it was coming across the road for most of the route so it was in your face for about 80%. Then 3 of 10K into the run I got cramp and spent a few minutes stretching it out. In the end I thought I was going to be 20 minutes slower than my target but was actually only 7 behind so that was grand.

Afterwards I was so cold I got the shivers, I dried out got some hot coffee and away in the car with the heater on winter settings but my teeth were still chattering until past Dundalk.
                                                                                          Decided to run a bath when I got home, I can't remember the last time I had a bath but I haven't looked forward to something so much for a long time. Turned on the immersion and waited an hour for there to be loads of hot water... turns out the poxy immersion is only working on the sink element FFS!
                                                                                          Tempted to check into a hotel that has a spa for the night.
                                                                                          Last edited by Strewelpeter; 26-07-15, 16:59.

Comment

Jonathan Glynn's post match interview was pure gold.

Comment

The entertainment network where videos and personalities get really big, really fast. Download Vine to watch videos, remixes and trends before they blow up.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                                He might well have been referring to Corks performance, an absolute embarrassment. Two cracking semis on the cards now though.

I love how on most other programmes there'd be an immediate apology from the presenter. Not The Sunday Game though, just cut back to the panel laughing.

In all its glory.

Last edited by darwinatemyhamster; 26-07-15, 17:29.

Comment

Lol cork. Seriously. Don't even think galway were that good tbh. Pathetic display. Dublin were excellent imo and the fact that waterford were relatively comfortable in the end bodes well for them. Would love to see waterford or galway get to the final.

Comment

Do they do AA meetings on those islands?
                                                                                                    Not sure, but we aren't going to bother hiring a car anyway
                                                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Also lol at calling Liam rushe a thug. That young fella owes fuck all to Dublin hurling and he just reacted badly to unnecessary provocation. Deserved to go obviously but he is an excellent and honest player.

Comment

Haha, I'll resist temptation. Decent game though, although the first half was v flat. Much happier with the Waterford performance in the second half obviously. Its a very young team and while the AI maybe a bit beyond them this year, fingers crossed they can get one over the line in the next few years, the talent is there.

Been an amazing year already, that v few saw coming(including me). Delighted for Derek McGrath, a schoolmate of mine and he had a lot of knockers after last season.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                                          LOL!!

Let's be absolutely clear about this: you beat a bad team. Was the 20+ beating we handed out last time not enough? Kerry will savage ye too. Kildare have reached their maximum level for the year. The reason I laughed at Cork yesterday is because Kildare are a very poor side and no division 1 side should lose to them. Ever.

But I'm sure Kildare would relish facing Dublin again. That's worked out so well for them the last few years.
                                                                                                          I think you bit a little too easily there. This is SP we are talking about.

I thought the ol hurlers were tough ? A small playful tap on the helmet and he hit the deck.

Comment

Good day for Galway. Win with probably worst inter county performance of Cannings career. No way he'll be as bad the next day. All the talk will be about how bad Cork were allowing Galway to go in as underdogs.

Comment

Originally posted by NiceandcoolTrig View Post
                                                                                                              Good day for Galway. Win with probably worst inter county performance of Cannings career. No way he'll be as bad the next day. All the talk will be about how bad Cork were allowing Galway to go in as underdogs.
                                                                                                              How bad must Clare be though? I mean our lads beat Cork by 10 in the league final, 4 in the Munster semi(should have been a lot more) and now another hammering today. Bad weekend for the rebels

Comment

Delighted for Derek McGrath, a schoolmate of mine and he had a lot of knockers after last season.
                                                                                                                Were you a St.Saviour`s or a De La Salle man ???

Comment

Haha, I'll resist temptation. Decent game though, although the first half was v flat. Much happier with the Waterford performance in the second half obviously. Its a very young team and while the AI maybe a bit beyond them this year, fingers crossed they can get one over the line in the next few years, the talent is there.

Been an amazing year already, that v few saw coming(including me). Delighted for Derek McGrath, a schoolmate of mine and he had a lot of knockers after last season.
                                                                                                                  That Waterford team have loads of talent, the one thing they seemed to lack against Tipp was some experience which can only come from games like the Munster final. Today will have been good for them going in behind at half time and turning it on when needed. Kilkenny will obviously be clear favourites but Waterford will believe they can beat them.

Comment

How bad must Clare be though? I mean our lads beat Cork by 10 in the league final, 4 in the Munster semi(should have been a lot more) and now another hammering today. Bad weekend for the rebels
                                                                                                                    Yeah. Despite the brilliant finals, 2013 is looking like a below par championship now. As well as that, I'd say Fitzgerald is awful hard to work with long term.

Comment

Originally posted by NiceandcoolTrig View Post
                                                                                                                      Galway looked good but it's impossible to gauge that performance because of how utterly shite Cork were. I just can't see them beating Tipp.

Comment

Interesting test on the effects of e-cig vapour on respitory tissue. The findings* are great news but I'm a little confused by BritishAmerican Tobacco's funding of it. What's going on there?

* established that e-cig vapour is pretty much equivalent to breathing air.
                                                                                                                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Dimoxinil View Post
                                                                                                                          Were you a St.Saviour`s or a De La Salle man ???
                                                                                                                          De LA Salle

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X