This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
    Ah ok. Don't imagine you as a musical fan somehow so you'll excuse me taking your opinion with a pinch of salt (*obligatory insult about silly Fenianism*)
    Jesus Christ Superst great
    Cats great
    phantom great
    once - shite
    Only musicals I've seen

Correct though musicals not my bag, music is though .
    Stick on the last waltz or go see the tribute show now THERE is a feast

Comment

Forgot ikeano -dreadful

Comment

I'm going to see The Book of Mormon in September.

Thanks for asking.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post

Thanks for asking.
          Laughed so hard at that it made my stomach hurt. Brilliant.
          You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
          World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Depends. Certainly you'd be a 3/1 dog to stay in Ireland.
            Interesting. I'm guessing those odds increase when a US Judge, the FBI and several other US authorities want to give you your day in court? That cake of justice also contains the filling of Gardai finding loads of things.

Comment

Any advice for buying a bike? Only want to use it for a ~20 minute commute. Want to use the bike to work scheme but have strong suspicion that a 2nd hander would be fine for me. Went into a shop in town and the prices were ludicrous.
              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Thanks for asking.
                new York or London? It's fucking brilliant. Queued up in sub zero Temps for 5 hours in NY to get on the day standing tickets for 27$ a pop. Wouldn't queue 2 seconds for a musical normally bu knew Parker and stone weren't going to let me down

Comment

We had a chance to get rid of these people
                  http://www.thejournal.ie/yanis-varou...05356-Jul2015/ (senator gives out about varoufakis wife not wearing a motorcycle helmet) Christ

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                    Any advice for buying a bike? Only want to use it for a ~20 minute commute. Want to use the bike to work scheme but have strong suspicion that a 2nd hander would be fine for me. Went into a shop in town and the prices were ludicrous.
                    Buy a road bike. One that fits properly. Everything is moving to 25mm tires so try to get these.

You are a little early to get the best prices as soon they will be selling off 2015 stock to make way for the 2016 models.

If you are going to be locking it up somewhere less than secure do consider this. Treks and other top tier brands are going to be theft magnets.

Ideally you would use the entirety of the B2W benefit on the bike itself but this isnt always practical. What's your budget and do you need all the safety gear too? You could do worse than looking at wiggle/ribble/rose bikes/other online entity. Check what your companies B2W rules are first though. If they only deal with halfords/similar its not the end of the world but there are more than a few stories of their stuff coming poorly assembled.
                    May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Laughed so hard at that it made my stomach hurt. Brilliant.
                      Don't know much about it, was bullied into buying tickets by a friend recommending it so many times that I did it from exhaustion.
                      Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                      new York or London? It's fucking brilliant. Queued up in sub zero Temps for 5 hours in NY to get on the day standing tickets for 27$ a pop. Wouldn't queue 2 seconds for a musical normally bu knew Parker and stone weren't going to let me down
                      Lahndahn innit.

Comment

Buy a really fucking good lock too Andy.

Comment

Get a road bike on done deal. Bike shops just taking the piss with bike2work. Loads of people on done deal flogging off bike2works which have just gathered dust since they were bought/triathletes upgrading etc

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                            Interesting. I'm guessing those odds increase when a US Judge, the FBI and several other US authorities want to give you your day in court? That cake of justice also contains the filling of Gardai finding loads of things.
                            Can't comment without knowing specifics and if you tell me specifics I can't comment (yup, I know) but Ireland actually has a long and proud tradition of being seriously fucking awkward about extraditing people. If there's a sniff of the death penalty or any of a number of other possible reasons you'll survive an extradition hearing but it's not easy.
                            You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                            World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Halfway through reading Storm of Swords vol 1, really wish I read the books before ploughing through TV show, so much more depth,as people were saying it diverges enough and is well written enough for it to compensate for knowing what twists are coming

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                                Buy a road bike. One that fits properly. Everything is moving to 25mm tires so try to get these.

You are a little early to get the best prices as soon they will be selling off 2015 stock to make way for the 2016 models.

If you are going to be locking it up somewhere less than secure do consider this. Treks and other top tier brands are going to be theft magnets.

Ideally you would use the entirety of the B2W benefit on the bike itself but this isnt always practical. What's your budget and do you need all the safety gear too? You could do worse than looking at wiggle/ribble/rose bikes/other online entity. Check what your companies B2W rules are first though. If they only deal with halfords/similar its not the end of the world but there are more than a few stories of their stuff coming poorly assembled.
                                Company doesn't care what shop I use and I know what size I am. I'm definitely not spending €1k on a bike no matter how good the savings are. I've bought cars for less than that and I didn't have to peddle them myself! I'd say €500 would be the max I would spend and that would want to be epic value. It seems to be the starting price in most shops...

I have all the gear apart from mudguards as my last bike was stolen when I accidentally left the garage door open. I would hope that any bike I buy would be black.
                                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

What price is ludicrous? Depends on how much you want to spend! Either second hand or order online from somewhere in EU. I ordered mine from the North for 150e cheaper than here.

Roadbike is dearer but easier to cycle, light and faster.

If you pay 1k you only pay €480 in the end on higher rate of tax. Maybe second hand so

EDIT: also dota tickets are on sale!
                                  Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 08-07-15, 15:41.

Comment

Let me know how it is kayroo

Where is teh bes tplace to sit in the olympia, take it the 80E tickets aren't worth sitting a few rows further forward.
                                    Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 08-07-15, 15:38.

Comment

Company doesn't care what shop I use and I know what size I am. I'm definitely not spending €1k on a bike no matter how good the savings are. I've bought cars for less than that and I didn't have to peddle them myself! I'd say €500 would be the max I would spend and that would want to be epic value. It seems to be the starting price in most shops...

I have all the gear apart from mudguards as my last bike was stolen when I accidentally left the garage door open. I would hope that any bike I buy would be black.
                                      Head to Decathalon in Belfast on the train

Shop 70+ sports in-store & online, free shipping on select in-app purchases. Free click & collect. 2-year Decathlon product warranty. Members…

Comment

Really wanna watch the McGregor scrap on Saturday
                                        Will this give it to me for free?

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                          Halfway through reading Storm of Swords vol 1, really wish I read the books before ploughing through TV show, so much more depth,as people were saying it diverges enough and is well written enough for it to compensate for knowing what twists are coming
                                          On these books, I read the first one before watching any of the show.

I didn't think it was great and didn't read any more. Watched season 1 of the show lately and thought it was decent.

Is the first book a good bit worse than the subsequent ones or do most people love them from the off?

Comment

Get a really heavy lock for reenacting scenes from Mad Max 2 as you cycle along.
                                            Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Ehh.... at 500 you are probably better off going second hand unless you will buy the 1k bike for 490 on b2w. Most of the stuff around 500 isnt terrible interesting or even particularly nice/good. Some stuff will pop up on wiggle with full claris/sora groupsets around that price in a month or two if you want to keep an eye on stuff there.
                                              May you live in interesting times!

Comment

What's the chances of being extradited to the US if you were a Wicklow man and did some dodgy shit on an underground deep web drug running site?
                                                Melt your HD, open your WIFI
                                                wasnt me guv
                                                Easy game
                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Bodybuilder View Post

http://www.ufc.tv/page/fightpass
                                                  Dont know if it will show it. But its one of these free trial things anyway....in t&c's if not cancelled within initial trial, charges you X amount....just saying
                                                  Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Originally posted by Bodybuilder View Post

http://www.ufc.tv/page/fightpass
                                                    The 5 fight PPV card is available for 18 quid but I'm nearly sure they black it out here cause of the BT deal. Just get Setanta for a couple of months or rely on streams.

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                    Melt your HD, open your WIFI
                                                    wasnt me guv
                                                    Easy game
                                                    Wasn't me m8. Call me old fashioned but if I was a drug dealer it would be face to face. Technology is ruining society.

Comment

What's the chances of being extradited to the US if you were a Wicklow man and did some dodgy shit on an underground deep web drug running site?
                                                      Can't comment without knowing specifics so tell us specifics please.
                                                      In general I reckon it'll be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post
                                                        Dont know if it will show it. But its one of these free trial things anyway....in t&c's if not cancelled within initial trial, charges you X amount....just saying
                                                        Subscribing to Fight Pass will not get you a PPV. It would be more on top of that and I'm 99% sure it is blacked out in Ireland and the UK.

Comment

Subscribing to Fight Pass will not get you a PPV. It would be more on top of that and I'm 99% sure it is blacked out in Ireland and the UK.
                                                          Yup, correct - only shows the fight nights live and uploads ppvs way after they happen. Blacked out here because of the bt sport deal.

Had a 2 month trial of fightpass and didn't find it any use tbh and i'm a pretty big fan. There's only so much historical stuff you can look at.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                              Can't comment without knowing specifics so tell us specifics please.
                                                              In general I reckon it'll be fine.
                                                              One of the alleged admins for Silk Road 2.0 is a guy I know and went to school with. Was wondering how fucked he might be.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                                                Yup, correct - only shows the fight nights live and uploads ppvs way after they happen. Blacked out here because of the bt sport deal.

Had a 2 month trial of fightpass and didn't find it any use tbh and i'm a pretty big fan. There's only so much historical stuff you can look at.
                                                                Will use the trial this weekend to watch the Seery fight. Can't see myself keeping it after that. Streams are generally grand.

Comment

Wasn't me m8. Call me old fashioned but if I was a drug dealer it would be face to face. Technology is ruining society.
                                                                  All the people being prosecuted as a result of Silk road had terrible Opssec. As long as your friend didn't give any personally identifiable information to some other drug dealers on the internet then he is almost certainly in the clear.

Some others were caught by analysis of postal history, but I doubt An Post are clever enough or the Gardai coordinated enough for that kind of stuff.

Comment

ha imagine trying to explain silk road to the gardai

Comment

All the people being prosecuted as a result of Silk road had terrible Opssec. As long as your friend didn't give any personally identifiable information to some other drug dealers on the internet then he is almost certainly in the clear.

Some others were caught by analysis of postal history, but I doubt An Post are clever enough or the Gardai coordinated enough for that kind of stuff.
                                                                      Wouldn't call him a m8, m8.

Today’s top breaking news, delivered without bias or snark.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                        ha imagine trying to explain silk road to the gardai
                                                                        The Gardai are actually pretty good at this kind of stuff. It's the standard police force stuff they are crap at.

Comment

Oh! If he is Libertas then he is doubleplus fucked.

Comment

"The source claims the raid managed to seize approximately 200,000 Euros worth of bitcoins." How does somebody let that happen lol.

Comment

Andy if bikes were processors your B2W 1K bike is like an entry road bike is an entry level i5
                                                                              what you get new for 500 is the equivalent of a 5 year old celeron

second hand i5 >>>> crappy new celeron
                                                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Anyone listen to O'Leary on NT. Thought he was excellent.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                  Andy if bikes were processors your B2W 1K bike is like an entry road bike is an entry level i5
                                                                                  what you get new for 500 is the equivalent of a 5 year old celeron

second hand i5 >>>> crappy new celeron
                                                                                  Isn't he looking at a second hand barely used 6 month old i3 for about 500 though?
                                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Watched Spy the other night.
                                                                                    I didnt have high hopes for it as Melissa McCarthy generally annoys me but fuck me it's brilliant.
                                                                                    Havent laughed as much in a long time.
                                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

I wrote a song for my little one back in October, back when I hadn't a clue wtf was going on, or how to deal with this new magical situation I was in.
                                                                                      She was balling crying one evening and I couldn't figure out what was wrong with her, trying everything to calm her but failing.
                                                                                      She was so upset, yet I was bursting with happiness.
                                                                                      I was singing to her, I always do, random stuff, but I came out with what sounded like a good lyric so I built a bit of a song around it. Just got around to recording it the other day. Lemme know what you think.

Listen to Pink Teddy Bear Babygro by Lazare #np on #SoundCloud
                                                                                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                        "The source claims the raid managed to seize approximately 200,000 Euros worth of bitcoins." How does somebody let that happen lol.
                                                                                        paper wallet?

I suspect he is fucked. I doubt he'll get extradited (wouldnt play well in the media) but he'll be giving the heaviest sentence they can come up with here.

Comment

You might have brought me to school a few times.

Cheers.
                                                                                          Northside or southside? I had a few friends from the 155 days on the southside route, lovely people. Mainly kept the blinkers on on the northside end.

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
                                                                                            Northside or southside? I had a few friends from the 155 days on the southside route, lovely people. Mainly kept the blinkers on on the northside end.
                                                                                            Would've got on on the Lower Kimmage Road just after Harolds Cross park going south from town.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                              I wrote a song for my little one back in October, back when I hadn't a clue wtf was going on, or how to deal with this new magical situation I was in.
                                                                                              She was balling crying one evening and I couldn't figure out what was wrong with her, trying everything to calm her but failing.
                                                                                              She was so upset, yet I was bursting with happiness.
                                                                                              I was singing to her, I always do, random stuff, but I came out with what sounded like a good lyric so I built a bit of a song around it. Just got around to recording it the other day. Lemme know what you think.

https://soundcloud.com/lazare76/pink-teddy-bear-babygro
                                                                                              the opening hook is catchy, it conveys the love, helplessness and the frustration a new father feels trying to placate a crying infant.
                                                                                              A+ start.
                                                                                              However lyrically it needs some work
                                                                                              Why are you happy?
                                                                                              I want you to be as happy as you make me...might work better
                                                                                              it also suffers a bit with repetitiveness, change up the title hook a bit on repeat
                                                                                              You have a near perfect rhyming couplet to open up the song.
                                                                                              Why are you crying? I really go to know.....use the existing rhyming to suggest other things you have tried..
                                                                                              e.g
                                                                                              Will I put on the telly and together we watch, that piggy show? (peppa pig)
                                                                                              I know your upset and it upsets me, does it hurt to grow?
                                                                                              Also, stop trying to go to a higher and higher octave, it would work better if you broke a note here and there
                                                                                              ..............

Anyway....enough of my shitty advice
                                                                                              yeah good going mate, I like it.
                                                                                              Last edited by DeadParrot; 08-07-15, 17:45.

Comment

Originally posted by Fiery Wasabi View Post
                                                                                                Wow. I've been in Ringsend for 20 years now, apart from a 10 week spell in Donnybrook in 2000,when I got marked in on the No.11. Missed Ringsend, so I went back. Had 5 years on 77s and then 7 years on 50s. Now almost 3 years on 1, formerly the no.3
                                                                                                Yeah, I thought I recognized your face whenever I saw you and smurf at tournies. Never got a chance to talk to you though. Hated the Tallaght routes, I did the 11's and the 3's (1) a few times for OT, it's a decent route. I was a SIPTU rep back in the day, got away from it when they Fcuked over the new employee's with the 6 year reduced salary plan. Basically bribed current employees with bonuses to bring it in. I never agreed with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                  On these books, I read the first one before watching any of the show.

I didn't think it was great and didn't read any more. Watched season 1 of the show lately and thought it was decent.

Is the first book a good bit worse than the subsequent ones or do most people love them from the off?
                                                                                                  I found the 1st book slow as I had recently watched the 1st series. Then left it till last week to start the 2nd,cracked through it and in to the 3rd now. it should also be noticed I am incredibly prejudiced against books with imaginary maps in them, so the fact I'm loving this says a lot.

Comment

Got me a 5k iMac. Some screen on it!

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                      the opening hook is catchy, it conveys the love, helplessness and the frustration a new father feels trying to placate a crying infant.
                                                                                                      A+ start.
                                                                                                      However lyrically it needs some work
                                                                                                      Why are you happy?
                                                                                                      I want you to be as happy as you make me...might work better
                                                                                                      it also suffers a bit with repetitiveness, change up the title hook a bit on repeat
                                                                                                      You have a near perfect rhyming couplet to open up the song.
                                                                                                      Why are you crying? I really go to know.....use the existing rhyming to suggest other things you have tried..
                                                                                                      e.g
                                                                                                      Will I put on the telly and together we watch, that piggy show? (peppa pig)
                                                                                                      I know your upset and it upsets me, does it hurt to grow?
                                                                                                      Also, stop trying to go to a higher and higher octave, it would work better if you broke a note here and there
                                                                                                      ..............

Anyway....enough of my shitty advice
                                                                                                      yeah good going mate, I like it.
                                                                                                      Cheers dude. Funny, I only started singing it in that pitch a short while ago, was lower originally, and didn't really raise. Great advice, thanks my man.
                                                                                                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                        Cheers dude. Funny, I only started singing it in that pitch a short while ago, was lower originally, and didn't really raise. Great advice, thanks my man.
                                                                                                        If I'm honest I was expecting some cringy shit in which case id probably not have commented at all. But that sounded pretty good! Nice simple notes worked well and the singing wasn't half bad. I dont overpay lyrics much detail in general but it seemed like it flowed well if a bit repetitive. Pretty good job for an early attempt at a song I assume imo
                                                                                                        airport, lol

Comment

needs more cowbell, haven't had a chance to listen yet
                                                                                                          in wicklow on me holidays
                                                                                                          internet is gash
                                                                                                          fed some chickens
                                                                                                          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                            If I'm honest I was expecting some cringy shit in which case id probably not have commented at all. But that sounded pretty good! Nice simple notes worked well and the singing wasn't half bad. I dont overpay lyrics much detail in general but it seemed like it flowed well if a bit repetitive. Pretty good job for an early attempt at a song I assume imo
                                                                                                            repetitive, tell that to the beatles m8, tell that to the beatles

she loves you yeah yeah yeah
                                                                                                            she loves you yeah yeah yeah
                                                                                                            she loves you yeahh yeahhhh yeaaaahhh
                                                                                                            X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Leinster u21 hurling final on tg4 now...

Comment

Wawrinka Gasquet 8-8 in final set

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
                                                                                                                  Yeah, I thought I recognized your face whenever I saw you and smurf at tournies. Never got a chance to talk to you though. Hated the Tallaght routes, I did the 11's and the 3's (1) a few times for OT, it's a decent route. I was a SIPTU rep back in the day, got away from it when they Fcuked over the new employee's with the 6 year reduced salary plan. Basically bribed current employees the union reps with bonuses to bring it in. I never agreed with it.
                                                                                                                  Lol...FYP.

You must have moved to DB before I started.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                                    They look absolutely sick, waiting to see if there is going to be a new release of the Retina Macbook looking to upgrade soon.
                                                                                                                    "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                                                      They look absolutely sick, waiting to see if there is going to be a new release of the Retina Macbook looking to upgrade soon.
                                                                                                                      Might be looking for a high res version of that shot of O'Connell bridge you took for my background

Comment

Might be looking for a high res version of that shot of O'Connell bridge you took for my background
                                                                                                                        Yeah man drop me a line for any of the photos I've done have a gander on Facebook and get back to me.
                                                                                                                        "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

I use these iMac monsters on a daily basis and they are aesthetically magnificent.
                                                                                                                          Doesn't stop me wishing I could be using Windows though!

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X