Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another week, another bout of brinksmanship from Greece.

The utter cluelessness of the Syriza mouthpiece is a joy to behold.

"They (lenders) won't get any money."

No, YOU, dipshit won't get any money. Can't wait to see the likes of Paul Murphy try to spin the inevitable when it happens.
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
      He'll be added to the ticket by HQ.
      This.^^

Seems to be down to (a) RB being parachuted into a new constituency and the locals getting uppity and (b), FG making a bollix of their female candidate policy.

Very impressive minister, hope he gets Finance whenever Noonan decides to pop off.

Comment

Re:Greece

Massive Falls in Tourism (one of their only exports)

Healthcare goes on strike over pay issues

Syriza have taken a ship that was just about dealing with leaks and bailing out excess water, and have punched a number holes in it and set it on fire.

Comment

BBC announce dawn-to-dusk coverage of FA Cup final day on May 30 as Arsenal face Aston Villa at Wembley

5.30 kick off for the final. What a load of bollox.

Comment

Just off the phone with my accountant and he said I'm good to go with the purchase of the bike, happy days!
            "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
              Just off the phone with my accountant and he said I'm good to go with the purchase of the bike, happy days!
              I maxed out with the Trek 7.4 Hybrid. I got Bike, Lock and Water bottle for €1k. Probably could of haggled a bit more off had I tried.

Comment

So, you're not allowed header in NHL... bit lame

Andrew Shaw of Chicago Blackhawks scores in 2OT on a soccer style header. We've all just learned something new. Apparently, headers are not allowed in hockey...
                Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                  Pointless FA Cup special
                  Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Comment

Excellent.

A sackful of cans to enjoy our day of glory.

Could be a while before we get to another cup final.
                    Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                    I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                    None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Lipstick on a pig,just about remember when the FA Cup meant something shame as pure knockout football has its charms. The milk/rumbelows/Coca Cola/Littlewoods/whoever sponsors it now Cup definitely needs to be put out of its misery though

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                        You can buy it anywhere in europe btw, I got mine online from the north as it was 150e cheaper.

Road bike > *
                        Everything else is a pain to cycle as they are so heavy and slow.
                        Coming up to 5000km in commutes on mine which is about €3000 in bus fares saved, not to mention that it's faster than driving and way faster than the bus.

Comment

Give it a rest with the vote yes Facebook statuses, surely they realise the core vote no group are not within their fb friends, can't wait until this is over
                          airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                            Give it a rest with the vote yes Facebook statuses, surely they realise the core vote no group are not within their fb friends, can't wait until this is over
                            Presumably just trying to get their Yes voter friends to remember to actually go to the polling booth.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                              Presumably just trying to get their Yes voter friends to remember to actually go to the polling booth.
                              No its the constant extra long statuses explaining the reasons to vote yes that's annoying.
                              airport, lol

Comment

Religious nutjobs to the left, image crafting attention whores to the right....can't wait til this shit is over.

Comment

It's like everyone has already forgotten the shock they had two weeks ago about how representative the internet is.

Comment

yeah it's just a big circlejerk of trying to look cool. Guess what nobody on our facebooks is voting no, and they know it. They just want some likes, it's the water bucket challenge of this year. Can't wait until it's over.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                      You can buy it anywhere in europe btw, I got mine online from the north as it was 150e cheaper.
                                      Valuable advice.

If you are happy with a small bit of assembly (gcn have loads of youtube videos on this) you cannot beat the value in the Canyon range (planetX are there too but a lot of people might look down on this... I personally wouldnt).
                                      May you live in interesting times!

Comment

This is unfortunately excellent!

THIS IS A PARODY...we love alt-JFollow us on:Twitter: https://twitter.com/fleecemusicsInstagram: https://instagram.com/fleecetheband/Linktree:https://linktr....

Comment

Biggest disappointment for me in the referendum is that it looks like the church still has some control over a lot of people. They worked out that they can't ram their message of a No vote down peoples throats anymore, so they (a) declare that they have respect for everyone regardless of sexuality, (b) tell everyone to vote (but don't explicitly tell them how to vote), and (c) put out the very subtle message that marriage should only be between a man and woman. That's the trigger message right there, and seeing as most of us have been brain-washed from birth by the church, it's a very effective way to push wavering voters into a 'No' vote. Sneaky bastards. They truly have become a cult in every sense of the word.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                            yeah it's just a big circlejerk of trying to look cool. Guess what nobody on our facebooks is voting no, and they know it. They just want some likes, it's the water bucket challenge of this year. Can't wait until it's over.
                                            They needed something to do after they all forgot about gaza
                                            airport, lol

Comment

Wonder how Konys getting on these days?

Comment

Vox pop in this week's sligo champion about referendum
                                                8 people,6 yes, 1 no and one couldn't be bothered.
                                                Quote from the no woman "I'm voting no.I have no.interest in marriage. I'm not married myself. And so I'm going to vote against it"

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                  Wonder how Konys getting on these days?
                                                  Haha yeah I was literally thinking that. Once your repost the video though what more can ya do
                                                  airport, lol

Comment

I wonder how their friends in Hamas would treat married gays (or any gays for that matter). Oh yeah, they'd publically execute them.

But hey, Facebook likes are likes.

Comment

Can somebody recommend a €€€ - €€€€€ place to eat in Galway on Friday night?

Comment

Artisan-top top quality

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                          Hitch wants to be French. Shrap is French. Two games of sheep are running.
                                                          Made the mistake of watching that despite not knowing what an alt-j is.
                                                          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Megatron View Post
                                                            aniar, kirwans lane, kai
                                                            haven't eaten there yet but loam is high end (chef that won the star at aniar)
                                                            for €€€ level, I ate recently at quay street kitchen and was surprised how good it was ( no booking possible, put name on lists and go next door for a drink)
                                                            artisan is always a good standard as recommended above.
                                                            Last edited by Mike; 20-05-15, 12:06.

Comment

Tis no matter if everyone is like whoring , it's good to see people gather rheir thoughr on a subject . I dont read them all but idoubt some of rhe shit from the 70s would survive the internet brow beating of today . .

In other new Mudder Theresa declared a saint next week ah sure isnt every mudder .

Comment

Vina Mara, Quay St Kitchen, Artisan. All excellent imo.

Comment

Originally posted by DMMurray View Post
                                                                  Biggest disappointment for me in the referendum is that it looks like the church still has some control over a lot of people. They worked out that they can't ram their message of a No vote down peoples throats anymore, so they (a) declare that they have respect for everyone regardless of sexuality, (b) tell everyone to vote (but don't explicitly tell them how to vote), and (c) put out the very subtle message that marriage should only be between a man and woman. That's the trigger message right there, and seeing as most of us have been brain-washed from birth by the church, it's a very effective way to push wavering voters into a 'No' vote. Sneaky bastards. They truly have become a cult in every sense of the word.
                                                                  The scariest thing is that its not even the clergy and hierarchy that did this (by this I mean a 55% yes win because lets be honest anything less than a 75% yes vote casts us as a nation in a shameful light) the church in the main had been quiet a poll of 100 priests yesterday showed only 60ish as definite no voters. I spoke to a group of elderly nuns recently who took no persuading that yes was the right thing to do.
                                                                  No this was done by the deeply strange and sinister forces at the edge of the church who you could think of as the politicised laity. These are not your ordinary mass goers these are people who have created a very well financed little industry for themselves.
                                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

The Shame Showerers

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                      The scariest thing is that its not even the clergy and hierarchy that did this (by this I mean a 55% yes win because lets be honest anything less than a 75% yes vote casts us as a nation in a shameful light) the church in the main had been quiet a poll of 100 priests yesterday showed only 60ish as definite no voters. I spoke to a group of elderly nuns recently who took no persuading that yes was the right thing to do.
                                                                      No this was done by the deeply strange and sinister forces at the edge of the church who you could think of as the politicised laity. These are not your ordinary mass goers these are people who have created a very well financed little industry for themselves.

Poor fella died at 33 as well, he was too young to run for president.
                                                                      Vote ‪#‎Yes‬ and #Yes
                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

No its the constant extra long statuses explaining the reasons to vote yes that's annoying.
                                                                        two mammies = two dinners, vote yes
                                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

I spoke to a group of elderly nuns recently
                                                                          That's odd. Details please.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post

In other new Mudder Theresa declared a saint next week ah sure isnt every mudder .
                                                                            What were you told this morning about using Ma and Mudder and other Dublinisms?? You won't be told again

I can't wait until all these posts about it being over are over

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                              This.^^

Seems to be down to (a) RB being parachuted into a new constituency and the locals getting uppity and (b), FG making a bollix of their female candidate policy.

Very impressive minister, hope he gets Finance whenever Noonan decides to pop off.
                                                                              I believe I remember hearing around the time of the financial crash that he was the only TD with an economics degree, that can't have been true can it!?

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                              Those percentage votes are absolute locks. So many culchies in Dublin with their Ta badges who don't have the day off on Friday to return to Ballymuck and vote. It will be a squeaker imo.
                                                                              This is probably true. Four Yes voters in my house but only two actually voting. I'm going down specifically to vote, another of the lads will be home for GAA and so will vote presuming he's down in time, the other two are too busy (i.e. have work piss-ups on Friday).

The only thing I'm thinking re:the % bets is that this issue has vexed the young vote like none other we've ever had, and there are reports of 66k new voting registrations of which I'd expect the vast majority to be students. The high 60s line won't be troubled but I think the 59.5 going around might be under pressure, I sincerely hope it is.

I'm on Whatsapp with Waters Bro in law having a blast slagging him off
                                                                              I remember him sheepishly telling me he used to hang out with Waters who is apparently "actually nice". Keeping a straight face/my powder dry was a challenge!

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                two mammies = two dinners, vote yes
                                                                                two da's = 2 takeaways

everyone's a winner

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                  That's odd. Details please.
                                                                                  I've spent a few weekends with a group of Irish Dominican nuns in South Africa mostly over 70 some in their 90's who are living in community down there, most of them are very sharp and active ladies. Now they wouldn't necessarily be in touch with the pronouncements of the hierarchy here but they all keep in close touch with home.

On my recent visit I was trying to avoid the referendum but it came up once and I dodged it once and then Mary McAleese was mentioned as she had been in the news that day so I told them what her position was on it. All of them were delighted to hear that she was taking on the bishops and were taken with her willingness to support her son. They seemed convinced by my argument that this amendment would have no affect on anyone else's marriage and that the church could still make its own rules and follow them.
                                                                                  Then as the conversation progressed some of them were talking about how in their day there was no such thing as homosexuality, they only knew about Micheál and Hilton but they never thought about them as being anything other than theatrical. One said that the only thing she knew was her mother warning her during the war that there were some terrible things going on amongst the men in the camps where the agricultural workers stayed... she then started to talk bout her family and I could see her becoming wistful as she reflected on some of her brothers who remained bachelors all their lives.

Another interesting thing about those nuns and the church is that they only have a priest in to say mass every other week and its a not quite open secret that they more or less celebrate a full mass on their own without one.

Comment

Jaysus, I'll be fucking shit-faced by then....

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                      I remember him sheepishly telling me he used to hang out with Waters who is apparently "actually nice". Keeping a straight face/my powder dry was a challenge!
                                                                                      He's a full on devotee of the man now, especially since he has written articles about their turf cutting exploits.
                                                                                      I had to back off the argument last night with a ... well if ou really think he's won that debate you should maybe open twitter and look at #vinb

Got to be careful as we are probably going to have a few weeks on the road together over the summer and we are prone to get in each others faces as it is

Comment

Quality

Men are from Mars, women are from Venus. Why would you be marrying someone from a completely different planet?

At Hailo, all our drivers are stars. But when we had an idea to show just how ridiculous discrimination is, one driver in particular shone through. Introduci...

Comment

He's a full on devotee of the man now, especially since he has written articles about their turf cutting exploits.
                                                                                          I had to back off the argument last night with a ... well if ou really think he's won that debate you should maybe open twitter and look at #vinb

Got to be careful as we are probably going to have a few weeks on the road together over the summer and we are prone to get in each others faces as it is

Comment

Would there be any interest if I were to throw up a Eurovision sweepstake for Saturday??? Zero skill involved.

Am thinking 27 people at €20 a pop & prizes of 1st - €300, 2nd - €120, 3rd - €50, Last - €50 and whoever finishes middle of the road 14th gets their €20 back.

Edit: Ah sure fuck it, gonna make a thread instead of waiting around.
                                                                                            Last edited by mdoug; 20-05-15, 13:31.
                                                                                            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                                              Would there be any interest if I were to throw up a Eurovision sweepstake for Saturday??? Zero skill involved.

Am thinking 27 people at €20 a pop & prizes of 1st - €300, 2nd - €120, 3rd - €50, Last - €50 and whoever finishes middle of the road 14th gets their €20 back.

Edit: Ah sure fuck it, gonna make a thread instead of waiting around.
                                                                                              We have one that runs each year with a much better format mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                I believe I remember hearing around the time of the financial crash that he was the only TD with an economics degree, that can't have been true can it!?
                                                                                                About 95% sure he's the only one, from Oxford no less. Loyalty >>> qualifications though, so you'll never see him in that job under Kenny.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                                                                                  We have one that runs each year with a much better format mate.
                                                                                                  Where is it now m8?
                                                                                                  I got bored while making the thread tbh, do your previous format one there would ya? I liked mine but I prefer better. Get on it.
                                                                                                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                                                    Where is it now m8?
                                                                                                    I got bored while making the thread tbh, do your previous format one there would ya? I liked mine but I prefer better. Get on it.
                                                                                                    It can only be started on the Saturday of Eurovision, its a precious tradition that has to be followed exactly.

Comment

Is it really a true democracy when 50.001% of the people can make a decision affecting the other 49.099% ?

Im just thinking out loud really.

Should a higher line be used ? 75, 80 ?
                                                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                                        Is it really a true democracy when 50.001% of the people can make a decision affecting the other 49.099% ?

I think a more pertinent question would be whether any majority should be entitled to withhold rights from a minority in a republic?

Comment

Prize* for the first person to solve this:

You're supposed to fill the gaps with numbers 1 to 9 and the colon means 'divide by'. And you can only use each number once..

*There may not be a prize

Comment

dishwasher is fixed mates
                                                                                                            fingers crossed

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                              Religious nutjobs to the left, image crafting attention whores to the right....can't wait til this shit is over.
                                                                                                              I think you'll find the religious nutjobs to the right in fact.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                                It can only be started on the Saturday of Eurovision, its a precious tradition that has to be followed exactly.
                                                                                                                in for traditional yearly splurge on glitter and sequins bets

Comment

Anyone here done the job of adding a second router to UPC's ghastly horizon box? Any instructions floating around about it?

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post

What about the other 0.9%? Were they undecided?
                                                                                                                    Last edited by Emmet; 20-05-15, 14:20.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                                      What about the other 0.9%? Were they undecided?
                                                                                                                      Spoilt ballots m8
                                                                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Prize* for the first person to solve this:

You're supposed to fill the gaps with numbers 1 to 9 and the colon means 'divide by'. And you can only use each number once..

*There may not be a prize
                                                                                                                        Done.

Edit: Put it in picture format

SPOILER

6+((13*9)/3)+5+(12x2)-1-11+((7x8)/4)-10

which leaves 6+39+5+24-1-11+14-10=66
                                                                                                                        Last edited by mdoug; 20-05-15, 14:38.
                                                                                                                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X